Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POOR OLD GONC

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

POOR OLD GONC Empty POOR OLD GONC

Post by christabel Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:48 am

The lawyer of Goncalo Amaral - Dr Cabrita - has renounced to represent him on all the procedures!

The Beast of Portimao has NO lawyer now!
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

POOR OLD GONC Empty Re: POOR OLD GONC

Post by christabel Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:07 am

christabel wrote:The lawyer of Goncalo Amaral - Dr Cabrita - has renounced to represent him on all the procedures!

Now I wonder why???
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:21 am

christabel, thank you for this news, your words are mine.

My friend, if you have or find more information about this, please, write it here. Thank you.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:49 am

Soon. Let it be soon. The news I mean. Or I won't sleep a wink.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:02 am

Pedro Silva wrote:christabel, thank you for this news, your words are mine.

My friend, if you have or find more information about this, please, write it here. Thank you.

by Sabot on Tue Jan 10 2012, 20:49

Soon. Let it be soon. The news I mean. Or I won't sleep a wink.

No worries both, as soon as/if, I get more I will post it.
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:15 am

Poor old Gonc. Boo Hoo. He will be really worried. I hope.

God, I am turning into a really horrible person.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:59 am

Sabot, I agree with you, about being a bad person, know this, I don´t make fun with people´s problems, but, about gonçalo amaral, I make an exception.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:05 am

Pedro Silva wrote:Sabot, I agree with you, about being a bad person, know this, I don´t make fun with people´s problems, but, about gonçalo amaral, I make an exception.

Sadly, Gonc and a few others bring out the worst in me, Pedro.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:07 am

I understand you Sabot.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:07 am

christabel wrote:
christabel wrote:The lawyer of Goncalo Amaral - Dr Cabrita - has renounced to represent him on all the procedures!

Now I wonder why???

Hmmmm delaying the upcoming Trial??????

And....wasn't he supposed to be teaching Amaral?....Or have I my Lawyers confused?
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:08 am

Sabot wrote:
Poor old Gonc. Boo Hoo. He will be really worried. I hope.

God, I am turning into a really horrible person.

Join the Club....
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:06 pm

Cat

It could be the 'teacher' but since Gonc was convicted of a crime, he has no need of a 'teacher'.

There are many reasons that are possibilities as to why Cabrita is no longer Gonc's lawyer.

A few generic reasons that are non specific to Gonc's circumstances that I can think of are

- to delay the trial (as stated above)
- non payment of past legal fees
- inability to pay new legal fees
- possible damage to reputation
- unwinnable case

And there will be more. So we will have to wait and see what turns up as to the reason why. We have no idea really.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:10 pm

UPDATE

Oh dear, police

It seems
"Amaral’s Lawyer expressly waived the power of attorney, refusing to represent him in the civil file", for the McCann's".

christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:24 am

http://ec.europa.eu/civiljustice/legal_aid/legal_aid_por_en.htm

http://ec.europa.eu/justice_home/judicialatlascivil/html/pdf/national_law_la_por_en.pdf

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:51 am

christabel wrote:UPDATE

Oh dear, police

It seems
"Amaral’s Lawyer expressly waived the power of attorney, refusing to represent him in the civil file", for the McCann's".

Oh My. This is a disaster. Does Gonc's Lawyer think that Gonc can't win?
I would like to see The Pitch Forkers blame that one on The McCanns.
But I expect they will try.

Could Cabrita be IN IT as well?

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:59 am

dianeh wrote:Cat

It could be the 'teacher' but since Gonc was convicted of a crime, he has no need of a 'teacher'.

There are many reasons that are possibilities as to why Cabrita is no longer Gonc's lawyer.

A few generic reasons that are non specific to Gonc's circumstances that I can think of are

- to delay the trial (as stated above)
- non payment of past legal fees
- inability to pay new legal fees
- possible damage to reputation
- unwinnable case

And there will be more. So we will have to wait and see what turns up as to the reason why. We have no idea really.
Hmm did we ever find out what happened over Gonc allegedly trying to claim Legal Aid?
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:29 am

everything about his behaviour, with solid evidences, is against gonçalo amaral.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:24 am

From sans on Myths.
The following link may be helpful in understanding legal aid in Portugal:

http://ec.europa.eu/civiljustice/legal_ ... por_en.htm
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:58 am

Catkins, because the link you wrote don´t allow access, here it is again:

http://ec.europa.eu/civiljustice/legal_aid/legal_aid_por_en.htm

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:49 am

Thank you Pedro...
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:09 am

Marcos has clarified some of the questions.

The decision of Cabrita to renounce to defend the Beast Goncalo Amaral (BGA) is very bad for the BGA. What we have here is the lawyer that has always defended him, refusing to do it more.

Cabrita wrote a letter to the courts saying that he renounced to all the powers of attorney from the BGA. This means that Cabrita is quitting immediately to be the lawyer of the BGA. The BGA is without a lawyer now. According with the article 39 of the Portuguese Civil Procedure Code, the BGA has 20 days to find another lawyer, otherwise the court will ask to the Portuguese Bar to give him one officially IF the BGA couldn't be notified, since if he is notified and does not appoint another lawyer, the trial will go on without a lawyer representing him,
I don't see any advantage to the BGA with the rejection from Cabrita. Exactly the opposite. First, concerning the question of this could be a plan to postpone the trials, remember that the BGA has already two trials booked for the same day (9 February) - Madeleine parents in Lisbon and ACED Report in Faro. He was already entitled to postpone one.

The action of Cabrita renouncing to BGA - please note it was Cabrita that rejected the BGA and not the opposite - it is really a very big smack in the face of the pig BGA. Usually, lawyers do not renounce to a client except in justified situations, like the client pursuing an immoral cause, because renouncing to defending someone is seen publicly as an outrage to the image of the client, being justified only in situations in which the lawyer wants to distance himself from the client. When a lawyer doesn't want to represent a client anymore, usually for reasons as lack of payment, he usually does not renounce to the power attorney; instead he asks the client to choose another lawyer and then the client sign another power attorney to the new lawyer replacing the former. Remember that Leonor Cipriano has done both actions: she has renounced to Joao Grade dos Santos and then has signed a new full power of attorney in Marcos favour.
So, Cabrita renouncing to the BGA is the same as saying "I do not support you anymore", and that's really very bad to the image of the BGA since Cabrita has always been his lawyer.
And, remember, Marcos will also benefit with that, since he now know's that Cabrita is also not going to be in the trial of Faro!

So, this is really very good news, and I don't know why you aren't celebrating!!!
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:26 am

I have been trying not to celebrate all day. Never kick a BGA when it's down because somebody already has. Probably Karma. And Karma kicks much harder than I can anyway.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:37 am

You welcome my friend.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:20 pm

christabel wrote:Marcos has clarified some of the questions.

The decision of Cabrita to renounce to defend the Beast Goncalo Amaral (BGA) is very bad for the BGA. What we have here is the lawyer that has always defended him, refusing to do it more.

Cabrita wrote a letter to the courts saying that he renounced to all the powers of attorney from the BGA. This means that Cabrita is quitting immediately to be the lawyer of the BGA. The BGA is without a lawyer now. According with the article 39 of the Portuguese Civil Procedure Code, the BGA has 20 days to find another lawyer, otherwise the court will ask to the Portuguese Bar to give him one officially IF the BGA couldn't be notified, since if he is notified and does not appoint another lawyer, the trial will go on without a lawyer representing him,
I don't see any advantage to the BGA with the rejection from Cabrita. Exactly the opposite. First, concerning the question of this could be a plan to postpone the trials, remember that the BGA has already two trials booked for the same day (9 February) - Madeleine parents in Lisbon and ACED Report in Faro. He was already entitled to postpone one.

The action of Cabrita renouncing to BGA - please note it was Cabrita that rejected the BGA and not the opposite - it is really a very big smack in the face of the pig BGA. Usually, lawyers do not renounce to a client except in justified situations, like the client pursuing an immoral cause, because renouncing to defending someone is seen publicly as an outrage to the image of the client, being justified only in situations in which the lawyer wants to distance himself from the client. When a lawyer doesn't want to represent a client anymore, usually for reasons as lack of payment, he usually does not renounce to the power attorney; instead he asks the client to choose another lawyer and then the client sign another power attorney to the new lawyer replacing the former. Remember that Leonor Cipriano has done both actions: she has renounced to Joao Grade dos Santos and then has signed a new full power of attorney in Marcos favour.
So, Cabrita renouncing to the BGA is the same as saying "I do not support you anymore", and that's really very bad to the image of the BGA since Cabrita has always been his lawyer.
And, remember, Marcos will also benefit with that, since he now know's that Cabrita is also not going to be in the trial of Faro!

So, this is really very good news, and I don't know why you aren't celebrating!!!
Thank Marcos Chris.....hmm as for celebrating....I'll save that for one I see piggy getting his ____ kicked well and truly by the Courts hopefully !! downthetoilet
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:45 pm

Catkins, your wise words are also mine:

"as for celebrating....I'll save that for one I see piggy getting his ____ kicked well and truly by the Courts hopefully!!!"

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next