Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update on the meeting.

+7
dianeh
Rosie
bluj1515
Jayelles
Cath
Sabot
vee8
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Update on the meeting. - Page 2 Empty Re: Update on the meeting.

Post by Peaceful1 Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:43 am

23 people eh? Did the local lunatic asylum give free day passes out then?
As for Calpol, every mother knows it has been used for years. All my kids had it through teething and other ailments. I never travelled abroad without it when my kids were younger, and No, bennett, it was not to drug them so I could go on the p*ss. It was given if they had a temperature/headache or generally unwell. The fact the McCanns had some with them means they were prepared for any ailments that can often occur when in another country.
Genuine parents, genuinely caring for the children.
But bennett and his mob wouldnt understand that.
Yes, I hope J & J lawyers are reading bennetts libel right now, along with CR too.
This man is insane.
Peaceful1
Peaceful1
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:53 am

You dont need to be in another country. I carry it with me if staying over night anywhere. Unlike city areas, out in the country here, there is no overnight chemists and no way to get Panadol, short of going to the hospital.

When we were moving back home (after living in QLD), my daughter got ill on the 2nd night of the travel, and her temperature skyrocketed. I had to give her both panadol and nurofen (both can be taken together as they work on different pain pathways), and even then we were preparing to ring the ambulance. But we were in a very small town with a very typical country hospital. I sponged her over while we waited for the panadol to work, and her temperature started to come down. I was up all night, apart from about a 20 minute cat nap. I never leave home without Panadol and Nurofen, if staying anywhere overnight, or even if just staying out late.

Without the panadol, and giving it to her immediately, she probably would have had seizures.

NO parent should travel without it.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaceful1 Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:44 pm

You're right Diane. I did take it with me in the UK too, but I say abroad as it isn't often found abroad quite so easily.
I used to take Robinsons Apple & Blackcurrant as well to USA as at the time my eldest was a youngster, they didn't have it. Imagine going all the way to USA and no A & B juice....aaahhhhh......so that got packed too, along with the Calpol of course.
It's actually a joke amongst us now about the A & B drink. The eldest was a right little moaning so and so... Update on the meeting. - Page 2 Icon_flower
Peaceful1
Peaceful1
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:29 pm

What's A&B? I'm still not familiar with it. :)
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:35 pm

A & B is apple and blackcurrent juice. We dont have a special brand for kids in this type of juice. I assume its something like Ribena (made specially for kids), but has apple in it as well.

You do have Ribena in the states dont you? My kids, and I all hate Ribena.

So come on Peaceful1, spill it. Is this some sort of special kids fruit juice, or just a standard run of the mill stuff.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lily Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:56 pm

No we don't have Ribena here, dianeh.

Don't you all just love Bennett's attention to detail? banghead

lily
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:58 pm

No Ribena. :p What is it?
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lily Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:06 pm

Its concentrated blackcurrant juice blu. You either love it or you hate it. I tried some once and hated it. laffin2

lily
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:45 pm

Hi Lily

I think everyone, even the babies hate Ribena.

And Bennett attention to detail is astounding. Just how does he manage to get so many details wrong.

Update on the meeting. - Page 2 628704
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:50 pm

We went ahead and banned black currents. That explains my unfamiliarity.

United States
Blackcurrants were once popular in the United States as well, but became rare in the 20th century after currant farming was banned in the early 1900s when blackcurrants, as a vector of white pine blister rust, were considered a threat to the U.S. logging industry.[3] The federal ban on growing currants was shifted to jurisdiction of individual states in 1966, and was lifted in New York State in 2003 through the efforts of horticulturist Greg Quinn. As a result, currant growing is making a comeback in New York, Vermont, Connecticut and Oregon.[4][5] However, several statewide bans still exist including Maine[6], Massachusetts[citation needed] and New Hampshire.[7]
Since the American federal ban ceased currant production nationally for nearly a century, the fruit remains largely unknown in the United States and has yet to regain its previous popularity to levels enjoyed in Europe or New Zealand. Owing to its unique flavor and richness in polyphenols, dietary fiber and essential nutrients, awareness and popularity of blackcurrant is once again growing, with a number of consumer products entering the market. veryhappy happyhappy
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:54 pm

My dad grows currants on his block, thats a vineyard to those not in the know, but they are a different type. And they are the best to eat, a bit fiddly but sweet and delicious. He dries them, and they are just beautiful dried as well.

But as for Ribena. Yuk.

And I never knew that currants were banned in the US. We learn knew things everyday.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by May Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:28 pm

Are blackcurrants not different to currants then? Thought blackcurrants were little round black fruit whereas currants were dried grapes, or am I showing my ignorance?
May
May
Master
Master

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaceful1 Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:23 pm

Robinsons is a brand Diane like Kelloggs.
Eldest was such a fussy kid, it had to be Robinsons Apple & Blackcurrant, which I thought USA would have, but it didn't! AArrgghhh. Hence why every trip to the USA we had to take some with us.
We later weaned him onto Ribena as that was more easily found..lol
Now he drinks beer. Any! Update on the meeting. - Page 2 466476
Peaceful1
Peaceful1
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:04 pm

Bennett wants to believe it is a sedative. Other avenues are closing to him, so he has to keep on finding new ways to cast suspicion on The McCanns.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by lily Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:41 am

dianeh wrote:Hi Lily

And Bennett attention to detail is astounding. Just how does he manage to get so many details wrong.

Coz he does sloppy research diane.

lily
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:48 am

lily wrote:
dianeh wrote:Hi Lily

Coz he does sloppy research diane.

Because he wants Madeleine to have been harmed. He is one sick puppy.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:16 am

dianeh wrote:You dont need to be in another country. I carry it with me if staying over night anywhere. Unlike city areas, out in the country here, there is no overnight chemists and no way to get Panadol, short of going to the hospital.

When we were moving back home (after living in QLD), my daughter got ill on the 2nd night of the travel, and her temperature skyrocketed. I had to give her both panadol and nurofen (both can be taken together as they work on different pain pathways), and even then we were preparing to ring the ambulance. But we were in a very small town with a very typical country hospital. I sponged her over while we waited for the panadol to work, and her temperature started to come down. I was up all night, apart from about a 20 minute cat nap. I never leave home without Panadol and Nurofen, if staying anywhere overnight, or even if just staying out late.

Without the panadol, and giving it to her immediately, she probably would have had seizures.

NO parent should travel without it.

Exactly Diane, I am expecting to get arrested by the Calpol and ibuprofen police because I carry both suspensions in the glove box cooler of my car. I expect to get hauled out of my car and slammed against it and tapped down and searched for aspirin and indigestion remedies, then cuffed arrested and charged.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:22 am

I sometimes wonder how I managed without it, but it was a bit before my time.

I do remember stuffing two Paracetamol down one of my children when he had a Migraine that the doctor didn't want to know about.

Children don't get Migraine, don't you know. The fact that I did was entirely beside the point.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaceful1 Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:55 am

Dont forget Rosie....and later fall down the stairs after arrest.
Peaceful1
Peaceful1
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:20 am

Peaceful1 wrote:Dont forget Rosie....and later fall down the stairs after arrest.

Will The PJ ever live down that one. This is all so amazing. Not a soul on the planet actually believes that Leonor Cipriano fell down the stairs. Well, apart from whatshername, and no one believes her any more.

Everything is coming to good.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:01 am

Sabot wrote:I sometimes wonder how I managed without it, but it was a bit before my time.

I do remember stuffing two Paracetamol down one of my children when he had a Migraine that the doctor didn't want to know about.

Children don't get Migraine, don't you know. The fact that I did was entirely beside the point.

Children do get migraine. I also did. I still get them, although they have changed from the more severe classic migraine (aura, puking etc) to the long running but less server common one (can still function, pain killers work but headaches for around2-3 days). And now they are hormone related.

And Rosie, I forgot the Mylanta. My daughter as a baby had reflux, but she also had feeding and swallowing problems and couldnt drink the thicker formula, so she was on Mylanta for the first year of her life. Under a paediatrician's care of course. She still has it occasionally. My son also had it but not as bad, and we tried other medication but it made him puke, so he ended up on Mylanta as well, but not continuously, he only had it periodically, up to about 10 months. He wont take Mylanta now (we had a bout of reflux for about a week a little while ago), so we put Infant Gaviscon in his milk, and he took it no worries.

I probably would have been arrested for that as well. What sort of terrible parent am I? Giving my children Panadol and Nurofen for pain relief, and Mylanta and Gaviscon for reflux. Not to mention the Redipred (a steroid) to stop my daughter from turning blue when she cant breathe.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:39 am

Dianeh, I had Migraine from the age of about two years old, and suffered mightily for many years. I now know that it is mostly dietary, and often the most innocuous things, like bread and potatoes and oranges, although sunlight and stress can play a part.
One of my children suffered from reflux but it was an allergy to cow's milk. All of my children suffer from some food allergy or another, which I won't go into here, but please do PM me if you want to.
For my own part, I spent many years clutching these amazing pills that dispersed my own migraine, if I took them soon enough, like when my eyes where jagging. Always a precurser to the full blinding headache and the vomiting.
All very simple to understand if you know what happens to the veins in your head when you eat the wrong things.
Ergotamin is the thing that reverses a migraine, but I never can remember if it shrinks or distends the veins. I never needed to care, just so long as it stopped the head banging headache from developing.

You might not want to believe me, and I certainly gave it no credence at the time. But believe me it is true.

Ergotamin which was for years my only saviour, is no longer available as it was, because it is dangerous.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayelles Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:26 am

Yes children can suffer from migraine. My niece was diagnosed at a very young age and she has vomiting accompanying the headaches and visual disturbances. I also suffer from migraine. Mine started in my early teens and it has been suggested that they'll stop after the menopause (here's hoping!). I've actually learned to live with mine and I take a combination of powerful tablets. If I catch it early enough, one dose will be enough. If I don't and I have to take a second dose, I get side effects of shaking, woolly headedness and nausea (from the tablets themselves). Usually one dose is enough though. I know some of the triggers for my migraines but sometimes they come for no apparent reason. I get about 1-3 a month.

Jayelles
Apprentice
Apprentice

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2009-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:38 am

woolly headedness

I get this for a day or so before I get the migraine as well as for days after. And that is the words I use for it as well. I know I am in for it because I have trouble stringing words together in coherent sentences, like I am drunk or something. And I just us an over the counter product with a relaxant in it, which takes away the pain but no the migraine. The migraine still runs its course, but the pain is dulled right down, unless I sneeze or bend over, and then it is like my head is being ripped off. The over the counter stuff has only worked in about the last 15 years, it didnt work before that.

Sabot, food intolerances was considered and ruled out by our paediatrician. My daughter has other health concerns and reflux is a standard symptom of one of these health conditions, as well as problems breathing, swallowing and drinking. My son was tried on a lactose free formula when tiny to see if that was the problem, it made no difference, and so we were advised to go back to the other formula. Luckily, his was not so bad as hers, and this latest attack was the first in about 3 years, and we just cannot work out where it came from, but has cleared up now after a few days of Infant Gaviscon. Maybe he had an upset stomach, and this was the result.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2