Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All The Articles, Information from the Files

3 posters

Go down

All The Articles, Information from the Files Empty All The Articles, Information from the Files

Post by dianeh Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:59 pm

There is so much information being published, and much of it contradictory that I think we need to step back and acknowledge that most of what is being published is old news to the investigation but not to us. And most of it has been investigated and discarded, or may not be relevant, for eg the Belgium paedophile ring. I think that we should not get too excited about much of what is being published, as it is just information showing what the PJ previously did, and is not going to lead to Madeleine.

It does however give us a good indication of what the PJ were up to all these months, and does provide many talking points. But we must stop ourselves from getting into the trap that the anti's got into, believing everything being printed. Many of the articles are taking on the slant of whatever the author wishes us to believe. The same information that we are being presented here in England, is being presented with a different slant on it in Portugal.

As much as I want one of these alleged sightings to be Madeleine, they are all very old, and investigating now, will probably lead nowhere. I still think they (McCanns detectives & the journalists) should investigate, as just one of these witnesses or publication of their story may lead somewhere. It is just that some parts of the press are indicating that the Amsterdam sightings are Madeleine, as though it is fact. We dont know that, and if it isnt, then it is just a red herring, leading the investigation astray.

To be honest, I give no real credence to these reports, other than that they indicate what the PJ was doing. I think they are not going to help us find Madeleine. I also read on another forum, that there are thousands of pages that have been made available to the McCanns that have not been made available to the Press. So lets hope that the clue they seek is in those pages, and that Scotland Yard is helping with the investigation.

I think that all the rubbish in the press is designed to sell papers and not much else. It is of no use to finding Madeleine, other to get her face out there again. And it does have a very bad aspect in that it can divert people from looking in the right areas again, just as the smears and leaks previously did. However, this time I dont think there is an evil intent behind it, it is just a distraction.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

All The Articles, Information from the Files Empty All the Information / sightings from the files.....

Post by calcite51 Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:50 pm

Diane, I agree with you completely - hopefully, there are some clues in the files which will lead the McCanns on the right path. I wonder if the McCanns were ever given a viewing of the French 'sighting' tape? Does anyone know?
calcite51
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

All The Articles, Information from the Files Empty Re: All The Articles, Information from the Files

Post by Rosie Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:00 pm

I never believe what comes out of papers, never have and never will, I just use them as a guideline as to what may or may not be happening. What I will say of our red top tabloid 'The Sun' they have an uncanny knack of being right more times than they are wrong and they do take cases like this and try to help, I do not think that ths should be just written off, they are a very powerful newspaper.
Equally, I do not think that these sightings etc can just be written off as dead leads or whatever, it is clear that the McCann's and their investigators are not doing this.
By discarding them isn't this just what the PJ did after all?
I believe the biggest hope from these files being made public will be to maybe encourage a person who may have reported something to the their police or the PJ, which has just been dismissed as not credible, to come forward again and give their information the McCann's investigators.

Of course the sheer volume of information on these files will be information we already know about, it would be remarkable if it wasn't, however, I will say this, a great deal of the information we have been fed over the past 15 months has been by the way of leaks and will be exactly what we have been allowed to know at the behest of the detectives in charge of this investigation. So actually, I do expect there to be much that is revealed in these files that we do not know about, my one fear is that information has been excluded from these files on purpose because they know what kind of reaction it would receive, or because it may have led off to avenues that people did not want anyone to go down.

I absolutely flatly refuse to believe that in a case of over 30.000 pieces of information that this did not produce at least one credible lead that has not yet been investigated and sometimes leads come from the most innocuous of beginnings.

T :D his is my opinion anyway.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

All The Articles, Information from the Files Empty Rosie

Post by dianeh Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:15 pm

My point is that most of what is being put in the press is rubbish and it will not lead anywhere, so there is no point examining each and every thing put up.

It is my belief that there are thousands of pages being made available to the McCanns that will not be available to the press, and that is where the real clues may lead.

And of course the detectives should follow up everything, but I think we should take a leaf out of the McCanns book and not expect anything to result from the investigations/sightings etc that are being made public at the moment. If a breakthrough is to be made, it will be done quietly and we will know later on.

the greatest value from what has been released so far, is the peak at what was investigated and what ludicrous conclusions were reached. We can make up our own minds about what was done, and more importantly what wasnt.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

All The Articles, Information from the Files Empty Re: All The Articles, Information from the Files

Post by Rosie Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:52 am

I thought the only information that is not available to either the press or the McCann's is witness names and addresses etc and I can understand why that is the case, these people have a right to remain anonymous if they so wish and that must be respected.
(Pity it wasn't in the case of Felicia Cabrita though, she was the journalist that obtained copies of witness statements, names, addresses and telephone numbers, wonder where she got that from? - not)
To the best of my knowledge unless I have misunderstood it, these 30.000 pages are it and there is no more.

I would hope they follow up anything credible in secret, but I do not have much faith in that as the press have hold of the discs and they will print anything they can to sell papers. Did you know that publishing this info for the press was brought forward? Amazing how fast Portugal can work when they out their minds to it isn't it?
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

All The Articles, Information from the Files Empty Rosie

Post by dianeh Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:29 am

On the ForMadeleine forum, Rob (a very good and informed poster) reckons that the CD packs distributed to the press were not the 30,000 pages, in fact, he says only about 2000 pages. I will try to find the post where he says this, he is very thorough with what he says, and he did have somem reference to back this up, but now I have to find it. I will look for it later on today.

Of course, I could have read it wrong. I wondered at the time, how the police would decide what went in the 'press' released files as opposed to the 'interested' parties files. I will see what I can find out.

Just had a thought, maybe it is the other way around. Perhaps there are 2000 pages left out of what is given to the press (just say Sky's 30,000 pages etc), that has been passed to the McCanns, or possible just witheld from everybody, including the McCanns. After all, we know the paedophile names have been withheld (saw an article on this, apparently, its would hurt their civil rights,poor paedophiles).
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down