Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Found In The New (Paiva) Files-Information on a White Mercedes Van

+3
Cath
Sabot
Rosie
7 posters

Go down

Found In The New (Paiva) Files-Information on a White Mercedes Van Empty Found In The New (Paiva) Files-Information on a White Mercedes Van

Post by Rosie Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:50 am

I knew I had read information about this van regarding Raymond Hewlett.

This was taken from the files deemed "Not relevant" by Inspector Paiva! No wonder the private investigators want to talk to Raymond Hewlett!

:: Information about a British-registered white Mercedes box van which travelled on a ferry from Tarifa to Tangiers to Morocco from Spain with false number plates in the week Madeleine went missing. Its driver could not be traced

Raymond Hewlett faces more questioning over missing Madeleine McCann

18/06/2009

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/06/18/raymond-hewlett-faces-more-questioning-over-missing-madeleine-mccann-115875-21452602/
Found In The New (Paiva) Files-Information on a White Mercedes Van 13-06-09-image-7-447424682

Pervert Raymond Hewlett’s lies were unravelling last night as he faced renewed questioning over missing Madeleine McCann.
The convicted paedophile rekindled suspicion after it was revealed he tried to mislead detectives over the vehicle he was driving at the time the youngster vanished.

He claimed he only had one motor – a blue Dodge truck. And he said it was so distinctive that he could not have driven into Praia da Luz in May 2007 without being spotted.

But now a former friend has dramatically come forward to say Hewlett was lying.
He actually owned a white Mercedes van at the time – similar to one seen parked near the McCanns’ apartment before Madeleine disappeared.

Ex-Scots Guard Peter Verran, 46, decided to contact the Maddy inquiry team after being disturbed by Hewlett’s claims in our sister paper, the Sunday Mirror.
Mr Verran, who befriended Hewlett on a campsite in Morocco in June 2007, said: “He told me he owned a white Transit-type van before his blue Dodge truck.
“He said he’d swapped it for the Dodge in order to leave Portugal and travel to Morocco.
“The white van didn’t have enough room for the whole family, so he sold it to a pal who traded on the same market as him in Fuzeta, about 40 miles from Praia da Luz.”
Last month it was revealed a witness had seen a man apparently staking out the McCanns’ apartment, standing near a white van.
According to Mr Verran, Hewlett also said that he had driven from Portugal’s Algarve to Spain in the Mercedes van around the time Madeleine vanished.
But Hewlett, who was living near Praia da Luz, insisted recently that he only had the Dodge truck.

Protesting his innocence, he said: “If you’d gone in our truck you couldn’t have got away with it, driving that about. You’d have stood out like a sore thumb.”
He added: “Our truck was our only vehicle. I didn’t have another vehicle to go anywhere in. It’s a high-profile vehicle.”
When they met in Morocco, Hewlett, 64, told Verran that he’d become obsessed with the case of the missing girl. He admitted being outside the holiday flat “many times” and parking his van close to the complex.
A source close to the Maddy inquiry team said yesterday: “This new information could be very significant. Hewlett has repeatedly said that he could not have been at the scene without someone remembering his distinctive truck.
“But if he was driving a Mercedes van at the time, his reasoning is shot to pieces.
“And it would raise the question of why he lied about the vehicle in the first place.” It is not known if Hewlett owned the white van and the truck at the same time, or one after the other. But Mr Verran’s recollection is that he bought the Dodge for the trip to Morocco – AFTER Madeleine vanished.
Hewlett admits he was in the Algarve at the time. He told friends he was offered money by “gipsy tourists” to sell his own three-year-old blonde-haired daughter just before Maddy vanished. He says he left Portugal five weeks later for a two-month “business trip”. But last night there were also doubts over his assertion that he caught a ferry from Faro to Morocco. He claimed: “I knew people on the docks at Faro and I got the captain of a ferry to take us over for free.” But there is NO public ferry service between Faro and Morocco.
Hewlett also said he stayed at a campsite in Morocco for at least two months and made 300 euros selling car parts.
Questions were being asked how he afforded to remain for so long when the campsite cost 10 euros a night. He would also have needed cash to feed his seven children and partner, and pay for petrol for his truck.
Hewlett, who is refusing to give an alibi for the night Madeleine vanished, was first brought to the attention of investigators by Alan and Cindy Thompson, who met him while on an extended holiday in Portugal.
Dave Edgar and Arthur Cowley, the detectives working for the Madeleine McCann fund, hoped to question him last month after the Mirror tracked him down to a hospital in Aachen, Germany, where he was being treated for throat cancer. But Hewlett refused to see them, claiming he was too ill to be questioned.
Hewlett was jailed three times in the UK for sex offences before beginning his nomadic lifestyle across Europe with his wife Mariana and their six children.
He is still being investigated by West Yorkshire police over an attack nearly 30 years ago.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Found In The New (Paiva) Files-Information on a White Mercedes Van Empty Re: Found In The New (Paiva) Files-Information on a White Mercedes Van

Post by Sabot Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:27 am

God, this just gets worse. False number plates! No wonder they didn't know who it was.

I don't like making statements about this case, but I am sure this man knows something. And it ties in with The Gypsy Theory. If he was offered money for his daughter, why not steal someone else's daughter.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Found In The New (Paiva) Files-Information on a White Mercedes Van Empty Re: Found In The New (Paiva) Files-Information on a White Mercedes Van

Post by Cath Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:05 am

He's still alive and the PI's didn't get a chance of talking to him, is it?
Unless it's happened secretly, which wouldn't surprise me.

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:24 am

His lawyer says that he can't talk any more. And he's very ill.

Why should he care. Just another little girl.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:23 am

A few weeks ago the McCanns investigators said they still wanted to question Hewlett. The last I heard from Hewlett himself was when he sold his story to one of the newspapers. Apparently he was so ill and breathless and did not have long, that must have been about 10 months ago, he is still here. Also I remember him pictured for that interview, he was so ill and breathless that he was sitting there looking calm and smoking his head off! Have heard nothing about his health since.
The man tells lies all the time, so he is another one that is impossible to believe, I know he fits the profile, he has done time for using a chemical to subdue one of his victims. I know his wife looks more like the photfit, than any man I have seen. I know there is a lot about this person that needs to be explained and the fact that he has already been questioned by the PJ, does not fill me with any confidence at all. If he has nothing to hide why doesn't he just talk to the McCanns investigators and let them them rule him out, then all of this can end. Until he does this, he will remain under suspicion and perhaps so, with very good reason!

I still would like to know how Amaral knew exactly where to find Hewlett, with no sex offenders register, yet he was one of the 50 paedophiles said to be living in and around PDL located and interviewed and ruled out in just 48 hours? No sorry do not believe it, yet again we are being fed lies by Amaral, what the hell is that man hiding?
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:31 am

The white van that Hewlett owned should have been traced. Even months, years later, it could be established if it had gone to Morocco. Samples of soil from up inside the wheel cavities, etc, would reveal this.

But first is the will to do something, and this was obviously missing.

If this had been publicised in Portugal, then perhaps the person who did the swap would have come forward with the van. Also, it should have been relatively easy to determine what car Hewlett had at the time, even without using registrations. He was living in camping grounds, other people must have met him, and would know what car he drives. Hewlett has said he had a Blue Dodge Truck, and this doesnt seem to be investigated as to its truth. But hard to know, as his interview is in the paedophile files that have been kept sealed. But I believe the British police are able to access that file. Will they?
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:43 am

Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:03 am

That is the Blue Dodge, not the white mercedes.

The battered blue Dodge has been seized by cops in Germany, where paedo Hewlett, 64, is being treated for cancer.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:07 am

He probably got rid of the white van for fear of forensics,

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:26 am

Tinks thanks for reminding me about the blue Dodge van, what happened to the forensic report on that? There never seems to be a follow up to these things! I still would like to know, how that blue Dodge got to Germany. Hewlett said he sold it in Portugal and they were looking for it and then it suddenly appears in Germany, where what a coincidence Hewlett is now living.

When this family travelled to Germany, they started off by road in a WHITE Ford Cargo van, their little boy met with that tragic fatal accident, that van was then said to have been confiscated by Spanish police and after they buried that poor little lad, they travelled on to Germany by train. How did a large family said to be living a hand to mouth existence suddenly find all those euros to get two adults and five children train tickets to Germany from Spain.

So yes Sabot where did that white Mercedes go to? Did they sell it? If so who did they sell it to and have the PJ investigated and traced who it was sold to and has it been the subject of a forensics examination?

Have not seen anything about Hewlett mentioned in the files.

Why would Hewlett lie about owning this white Mercedes van? If he was innocent why lie? And how the hell did that blue Dodge end up in Germany? What a coincidence huh?
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jackf Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:10 pm

The man who befriended them on the campsite in Morocco said that Hewlett made some money from selling car parts.
Could he have taken the white van over to Morocco for a reason, returned for his family and while back in Tavira broke up the white van to sell the parts and get rid of any evidence.
It was said that he packed up very quickly after being questioned and went off to Morocco in a hurry. He could have taken the parts of the white Mercedes van along and sold them over there making sure no evidence or DNA was ever found to link him to Madeleine.

jackf
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jackf Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:26 pm

Paedo Raymond Hewlett admits visiting Madeleine holiday flats

EXCLUSIVE by Simon Wright 23/05/2009
Paedo's shock confession to holiday couple: 'I know Madeleine resort very well..I’ve parked near flat several times.'Found In The New (Paiva) Files-Information on a White Mercedes Van Kate-and-gerry-mccann-pic-pa-102898557

The McCanns
The British paedophile linked to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann has sensationally confessed to being outside her holiday apartment “many times”.
Convicted pervert Raymond Hewlett, 64, has admitted knowing the resort where the McCanns were holidaying “very well” and said he had parked a van close to their complex on several occasions.
And last night a man who shared a Morocco campsite with Hewlett and his family for three months described how the drifter was obsessed with the missing youngster.
Speaking exclusively to the Sunday Mirror, former Scots Guard Peter Verran, 46, revealed how Hewlett, his German wife Mariana, 33, and their six children arrived at the campsite where he was holidaying in Chefchaaouen in a battered Dodge truck. It was May 2007 – shortly after Madeleine’s disappearance.Found In The New (Paiva) Files-Information on a White Mercedes Van Peter-verran-and-wife-pic-sm-751882869

The Verrans spent three months with Hewlett
“He seemed like an old hippy traveller who had dropped out,” said Peter, who runs an internet business selling antiques and collectibles from his home in Fowey, Cornwall.
“We got talking at the toilet block. He brought Madeleine up straight away. He said his three-year-old daughter looked like her.
“He was worried that because there had been reports that Madeleine may have been spirited away to Morocco, people might think his child was her. Then he suddenly said, ‘Madeleine’s not in Morocco’.
“I asked him what he meant and he said he knew Praia Da Luz really well. He knew the Ocean Club complex where the McCanns had been staying. He said he’d been there many times and had often parked his van close to the apartment.Found In The New (Paiva) Files-Information on a White Mercedes Van Raymond-hewlett-pic-sm-528388973

Raymond Hewlett at the campsite in Morocco in July 2007
“He said he knew the layout of the place, the flat and the restaurant where the McCanns and their friends had been eating when Maddie disappeared. He had a lot of detail about the layout. He said there was no way that the child could be taken without the parents seeing. He said they were lying.”
Yesterday it emerged that Portuguese police did speak to Hewlett about Madeleine’s disappearance – but ruled him out as a suspect.
Peter also revealed that pothead Hewlett made wild and unfounded claims that the McCanns – both doctors, from Rothley, Leics – were involved in their daughter’s disappearance.Found In The New (Paiva) Files-Information on a White Mercedes Van Raymond-hewlett-s-truck-pic-sm-567050157

Verran took this photo of Hewlett relaxing
“One of Hewlett’s theories was that there had been an accident and Kate and Gerry had killed her and were trying to cover it up,” said Peter.
“He even made the crazy suggestion that her mum and dad had sold her to gipsies. He said it was common knowledge among locals that Praia Da Luz in general and the Ocean Club in particular was a magnet for Romanian gipsies who abduct and then traffic children.
"I asked him why he’d left and come to Morocco. He told me he’d had to leave Portugal in a hurry. He said he’d packed his family up in half an hour and just driven out of the area. That was just after Maddie was taken.”

Peter, who is partially disabled, met his Moroccan wife Nisrine, 25, when he was holidaying in Agadir.
They married in May 2007 and when they encountered Hewlett at the remote campsite, they were enjoying an extended honeymoon touring the country in a camper van.
“We’d been there a week or so when Hewlett and his family just rolled in in a big blue Dodge truck,” said Peter, who has two children from a previous marriage. “I didn’t see him for a few days. I just saw his wife and kids. She’d checked them in to the campsite and seemed to be handling all the paperwork. In Morocco, you have to have the right papers to stay anywhere. Looking back, it seems Hewlett was reluctant to be seen by anyone in authority.”Found In The New (Paiva) Files-Information on a White Mercedes Van Raymond-hewlett-870810196

Raymond Hewlett
After a few days, Peter began bumping into Hewlett and they started to chat. “He told me he had been in Southern Ireland once but had to leave in a hurry,” said Peter. “He explained that he and his wife were travellers and they moved around a lot. He said he spent his days sitting around smoking dope while his six kids played.
“The kids were a bit weird. They were very withdrawn and couldn’t speak properly. They never went to school and spent all day playing in the mud.
“Hewlett told me he was ill and suffered with pains in his chest. One day he said, ‘I think I’ve got cancer’. I told him to go back to England to get checked out and to sort the kids out with a proper home. He said he didn’t want people poking their noses into his business.’’
Peter told how he and Nisrine would eat meals with Hewlett’s family – and Hewlett would often talk about Madeleine. “He went on and on about the McCanns and kept telling me all his theories about what he thought had happened,” said Peter. “Looking back, maybe it was a way of making sure we didn’t think he had anything to do with it.”
Peter, who spent six years in the Army before working with people with learning difficulties, recalled how in the three months they were all together he only saw Hewlett leave the camp once or twice. “Most of the time he stayed on the campsite,” he said. “He was never short of money though. He bought diesel, a motorbike and engine parts. I don’t know where he got his money from. He said he’d made cash from car boot sales.”
Then, one day in August 2007, Hewlett announced he and his family were leaving. “He said his wife’s visa had run out and his passport was out of date,” said Peter. “They packed up and left quickly.”
Peter and Nisrine returned to the UK in November 2007 and had occasional texts or phone calls from Hewlett. “He said he was back in Tavira, near Praia Da Luz, doing car boot sales,” Peter said.
“In June last year, he rang to say he had throat cancer. The next I heard they were in Spain. He called to ask for money and I sent him £50. I couldn’t bear the thought of his kids starving. I even offered to pay for him to come back to the UK. I didn’t get a reply and we lost touch.
“Then suddenly this week he was in the newspapers linked to Maddie’s disappearance. I could hardly believe my eyes. It was such a massive shock. It makes my blood run cold. We haven’t been able to sleep much since the news broke. I keep feeling guilty that I should have noticed something and gone to the police. But I just thought he was an odd drifter. I pray he hasn’t had anything to do with it, but now I just don’t know.”Found In The New (Paiva) Files-Information on a White Mercedes Van Raymond-hewlett-s-truck-pic-sm-38554539

Hewlett arrived in Morocco in this blue truck. He had travelled there from Portugal
Detectives working for the McCanns are now investigating former trawlerman Hewlett. And officers from Leicestershire Police – the McCanns home force and in charge of liaising with Portuguese authorities – have said they want to speak to two British holidaymakers who tracked down Hewlett.
Cindy and Alan Thompson raised the alarm after they realised he and his family had been staying at a camping site an hour from Praia da Luz when Madeleine vanished. The couple helped to trace him to the hospital in Germany where he is being treated for throat cancer.
Last night Leicestershire Police were made aware of the Sunday Mirror’s new revelations. Hewlett is also wanted for questioning by West Yorkshire Police over a child sex attack in 1975 and by Greater Manchester Police investigating the 1975 abuse of an eight-year-old girl.
In 1972, he abducted and sexually assaulted a neighbour’s six-year-old daughter. He was sentenced to 18 months and released after a year. In 1978 he attempted to rape a nine-year-old girl and was jailed four years. In 1988 in Mold, Cheshire, he kidnapped and assaulted a 14-year-old girl and was jailed for six years.
He was described by one judge as “extremely dangerous” and once featured on a Crimestoppers list of Most Wanted Paedophiles.
simon.wright@sundaymirror.co.uk

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/05/23/paedo-raymond-hewlett-admits-visiting-maddie-holiday-flats-115875-21383900/

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:45 pm

As usual.......more important stuff NOT followed up............Good God.......How much in this Investigation was not followed up properly or results gained !! More than was I'll bet.

Sorry but as for "ill" Hewlett............He can nod his fkin head can't he?.............. Found In The New (Paiva) Files-Information on a White Mercedes Van 356737
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:15 pm

One of Hewlett’s theories was that there had been an accident and Kate and Gerry had killed her and were trying to cover it up,” said Peter.
“He even made the crazy suggestion that her mum and dad had sold her to gipsies. He said it was common knowledge among locals that Praia Da Luz in general and the Ocean Club in particular was a magnet for Romanian gipsies who abduct and then traffic children.
"I asked him why he’d left and come to Morocco. He told me he’d had to leave Portugal in a hurry. He said he’d packed his family up in half an hour and just driven out of the area. That was just after Maddie was taken.”

How coincidental that Hewlett's theory coincides with Goncalo Amaral's! Also how strange that he should say that the parents may have sold her to gipsies and that he had been approached by ipsies about sellling his own daughter! Then last week in "Paiva" files we have a whole alarming story about gipsies and their "involvement"!

Also this couple said the Hewletts suddenly packed up and left in a hurry in August 2007, what wonder why? In Augsuts 2007 wasn't that when Martin Grime arrived with Eddie and Keela to examine the apartment etc?

What the hell were the PJ doing? NOTHING, this could be relevant, so why was nothing down about it?
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down