Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goncalo Amaral ... a policeman's policeman ...

+3
Pedro Silva
Marilyn
honestbroker
7 posters

Go down

Goncalo Amaral ... a policeman's policeman ... Empty Goncalo Amaral ... a policeman's policeman ...

Post by honestbroker Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:08 pm

Have you ever wondered about the source of the lavish claims from certain quarters about Doctor Goncalo Amaral's exemplary qualties as a policeman? I have. And courtesy of exchanges on another board, I've nailed at least one, but I'm not going to reproduce that here (though I'm happy to on request if anyone wants to see it). In this post I will cite something quite different

First let's recap what those claims are. Apparently, no one professionally has a single bad word to say about Mr Amaral. His reputation goes before him. Whilst he loves his wife and his children, his job comes before them. He is utterly dedicated to the cause, a role-model for all other policemen to aspire to, someone very widely respected by all his colleagues, a policeman with a work ethic and work rate (as well as success in naliling the guilty) unsurpassed by anyone else. Or at least that's what huge swaythes of those in cyberspace claim about him.

Now, imagine (for instance) that a reporter for the Daily Mail filed that, on Amaral's last day in active service, all Amaral's colleagues snubbed him as he walked out the door. The outcry of: xenophobic British press would reach fever-pitch and decibels loud enough to deafen anyone within a hundred-mile radius. This is from a very different source (and one intensely sympathetic to the man). Yet it says exactly that, and something else of interest, too!

When Gonçalo went out of the PJ door there was no one saying goodbye to him'

<table id=table62 width=100 align=left border=0><tr><td>Goncalo Amaral ... a policeman's policeman ... Nige</TD></TR>
<tr><td>
</TD></TR>
<tr><td>
MEDIA PHOTOS
</TD></TR></TABLE>

The 30th of June 2008 marked Gonçalo Amaral's last day of service for the PJ. It was a day that passed like many before, in a proud 27-year career, with the apprehension of two and a half tons of hashish and the detention of six traffickers.
After handing in his duty pistol, his badge, his card and his service mobile phone it was time to close the door on a job which he had served proudly and to which he had dedicated his life.

For Gonçalo Amaral, it had been more than just a 'job'.

"He would have rather preferred being a cop until he died," says Sofia Leal, Gonçalo Amaral's wife, talking exclusively to 'mccannfiles.com'. "He loves me very much and he loves the girls, but he really lived for his job."

What should have been a momentous and joyous day, looking forward to the new chapter and new challenges of retirement - armed with the well wishes and plaudits of his colleagues - instead became tinged with sadness and profound disappointment.

"When Gonçalo went out of the PJ door there was no one saying goodbye to him. No director. No one. After a life dedicated to the PJ, it was what most got him down," says Sofia.

The nature of the departure, and premature retirement, made it difficult to get an aim for his life until he got busy with the presentations of his book, 'Maddie: A Verdade da Mentira'.

"Gonçalo had a bad time with his retirement, but it was the anonymous bloggers and common citizens that he met everyday in the street that were his support.

"Although we've tried to give him strength and hope, we were supposed to, weren't we? It was the people that he never knew before, and most of them he will never meet, that were the true providers of hope for Gonçalo Amaral."

Sofia was able to confirm that editions of 'Maddie: The Truth of the Lie' were now assured in France, Germany, Holland, Norway, Sweden and Finland. There is no concrete news of a UK release date yet, although negotiations are progressing well.

Finally, Sofia revealed that some weeks ago she wrote a letter "to a friend of mine that lives in the UK," and had "until now, got no answer". She wonders "if everything is ok?"

"She lives in Rothley."

I worry about what damage the good folks on 3As are doing to their backs with all that genuflecting in resonse to the announcement of the news that Dr Amaral and his good wife are about to join their ranks. Really, I do!

honestbroker
Apprentice's Assistant
Apprentice's Assistant

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Goncalo Amaral ... a policeman's policeman ... Empty Re: Goncalo Amaral ... a policeman's policeman ...

Post by sadie Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:00 am

What a cracking post HB. It warms the cockles of my heart!

Where do you get all this amazing information from? No don't answer that - just keep it coming!!

sadie
sadie
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Back to top Go down

Goncalo Amaral ... a policeman's policeman ... Empty Re: Goncalo Amaral ... a policeman's policeman ...

Post by sadie Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:01 am

Duplicated, so deleted
sadie
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:09 am

You might think that, even if the British press see him for what he is, the Portuguese press would be more sympathetic. Certainly the correa de manure is in his pocket. But lo! Here is an editorial from a RESPECTED Portuguese newspaper! Not so fullsome in their praise, wouldn't you think!

Opinion article by Henrique Monteiro, chief editor of Expresso:The judicial secrecy and the press lies.

Who lied in the Maddie case? The answer lies in what is told by former inspector Gonçalo Amaral. All the fantastic and never proved theories that a certain press has spread are in his book. And they remain without any evidence to sustain them.

Gonçalo Amaral must be a man who is full of himself. He was responsible for a calamitous investigation in the Maddie case, but according to the balance that he does, everyone is to blame except for him.

According to Gonçalo, the blame lies with the fact that the McCanns apartment was not preserved, with the British police that did not fully cooperate, with the journalists that stood in the way, with Her Majesty’s government that pressured, with the Portuguese government that let itself be pressured, with the prosecutors, with the PJ’s directors, with the conspiracy of the powerful and if he is allowed to continue unloading it will hit the CIA, the Masonry, Opus Dei, the Trilateral, Bildeberg and the Pope, the usual suspects of the conspiracy theories that circulate on the internet.

The same inspector must not be inhibited (not to mention being ashamed), because after the suspicions that befall him due to the conduction of the Joana case (another missing girl, whose mother, who was condemned over her death, accuses the PJ of torturing her) and the disaster of the Maddie case, he pretends to be a national hero and the holder of the truth, against everything and against everyone, and he maintains an absurd theory that does not resist a minimally structured analysis.

Amaral probably didn’t think about the fact that it does not become him to talk and to write in detail about a process which despite having been widely abused is still under judicial secrecy, either. Or that it does not become him to be a judge in his own cause.

But the most interesting about the former inspectors book is that we get to know where the famous lies from the media that everyone talked about, came from. Finally, we can verify that the most unbelievable theories came out of that illuminated brain. And that certain newspapers, lacking a better option, published them without contradicting, without investigating, without logics and without evidence.

But Gonçalo continues to state his conviction that Maddie died in the apartment. He must have inherited from medieval justice, this notion of conviction without evidence; or from Alice, by Carroll, the idea that first the criminals head is cut off and then the trial is done; or from The Foreigner, by Camus, the fixation in the importance of the criminals facies or the fact whether one does or does not cry in front of death.

The lawful state bases itself on evidence, beyond doubt. The notion that innocence prevails over guilt when there is no evidence to the contrary is what separates civilization from barbarism.

Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us. Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.

Last edited by vee8 on Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:30 am

Nice one HB and Vee!!

It warms the heart of my cockles Sadie, lol santa

Back to top Go down

Goncalo Amaral ... a policeman's policeman ... Empty More truthful articles needed..

Post by Marilyn Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:10 am

We need more respected newspapers in Portugal to do this... we need an avalanche of them.

Maria .. are you around? read the article below, it will make you proud.

highfive

Last edited by Marilyn Switzerland on Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

Marilyn
Master
Master

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:55 am

highfive Finally, someone who is in charge of a newspaper has the courage of saying the truth about Gonzo / Grinch. Well done Mr. Monteiro. Well put. I applaude you. applause applause

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:58 am

Amarals trial is to resume this Thurs 18th December.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRhodes Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:04 am

I do hope Gonzo gets his just desserts. Him and his keystone cops couldn't have made a worse job of investigating this case if they'd tried. And if his wife is watching............tough..................you despicable specimen, writing disgusting hate mail to the parent of a missing kid.
RealRhodes
RealRhodes
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:12 am

Christmas dinner in jail? We can but hope!
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sadie Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:14 am

Mulleena wrote:Amarals trial is to resume this Thurs 18th December.

Hey well spotted, Mulleena
sadie
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:19 am

sadie wrote:
Mulleena wrote:Amarals trial is to resume this Thurs 18th December.

Hey well spotted, Mulleena

Got it from the mental 3As Sadie

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRhodes Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:39 am

Didn't Gonzo take some food to Joanna Cipriani's uncle as some kind of penance over Christmas?

Wonder if he'll be locked up this year and someone will be taking HIM food parcels?
RealRhodes
RealRhodes
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:40 am

Lol, more like parcels of returned books and money back requests.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:47 am

I wonder if he dreams of a film being made about him?

I can see it now 'Carry On Goncalo'

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRhodes Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:48 am

ModNrodder wrote:Lol, more like parcels of returned books and money back requests.

he'll never be short of loo roll then ay?
RealRhodes
RealRhodes
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRhodes Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:49 am

ModNrodder wrote:I wonder if he dreams of a film being made about him?

I can see it now 'Carry On Goncalo'

I was thinking along the lines of the Muppets, with a full supporting cast of pitchforkers from the 3a's.
RealRhodes
RealRhodes
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wanderer Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:08 pm

that's an interesting piece vee8, do you have a link to the original article please

Wanderer
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:12 am

I'm not sure where I found it. I'll have a look later.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Goncalo Amaral ... a policeman's policeman ... Empty And so to that eulogy:

Post by honestbroker Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:36 pm

No one asked me about that. You were just being shy, weren't you? You know you wanted to read it, really.

It is an anonymous eulogy, written by someone who entered the service when Amaral was just 2 years into his own career, and who appears to have been strapped to Amaral's elbow ever since:

Coversation amongst policemen ASFIC-PJ Blog (union of the PJ)

Thursday, July 3, 2008
Translation by Google and 'pear'

When, in late 1983 (some 25 years ago) I and some colleagues, completed the training course in the School, we were placed in Training Group, then SCITE / CICD, at the end of the street Conde de Redondo. We found there a group of police investigators whose characteristics, individual and in group, and the way they worked, led us (at least most of us) to want to be there placed permanently.

Indeed, the motivation and dedication to service, the enthusiasm and joy with which they played their roles, the competence and professionalism that they demonstrated were for us, new trainees of the School of Barro, the assurance that the occupation we were beginning would translate in an activity full of achievement and a great career and a bright future.

Many of those colleagues of ours were about our age, little older than us, from the course that immediately preceded ours and thus with their training recently completed.

Among them was the Gonçalo Amaral. Perhaps with more hair than now, and possibly a little less heavy. For the rest, he was the same. Already at that time he surprised us with his commitment to the profession, which showed the competence, the assurance with which he worked, the courage with which he would go anywhere and face all sorts of situations and opponents. Similarly, it was striking the good grace with which he faced setbacks and adversities of the function, and the tolerance with which he accepted the jokes, sometimes irreverent, of some colleague (and I can say it, because my conscience accuses me of having been the one, quite a few times).

Later Gonçalo would work in Faro and in Ponta Delgada. Always with the personal availability and professional capability that are his characteristics. And in all the many aspects that are today's work of an investigator of the Judiciary Police. Investigating murders or gathering information on organized criminal networks. Analysing documentation on complex financial movements or capturing dangerous individuals. Without evading difficulties nor losing courage when facing setbacks. Being frontal and going to fight. Always.

Again in Lisbon and in the fight to drug trafficking, Gonçalo was indicated, even as an agent, to head a Investigation Brigade in the DCITE. Those that were then in that department, will recall that the results achieved by the Brigade, under the charismatic leadership of Gonçalo Amaral, soon exceeded the average statistics. The figures obtained by him and his men, either on the numbers of arrests, either on the amount of narcotic or goods and assets seized, or even on the convictions achieved in Court marked a time in the DCITE and set an example.

I know. I remember well. It was there.
He accumulated the leadership of the Brigade with the condition of university student. And his characteristic style of leadership, taking consistent and full responsibility, ever present and available, did not prevent him obtaining a law licence, in the shortest possible time allowed. Despite his previous training in Engineering.

We found ourselves in the course of promotion to Subinspector. Again Gonçalo demonstrated his remarkable work capacity because he did this course, intensive and demanding, in combination with the leadership of the Brigade of Investigation. Patent was, also, once again, his significant ability to study and he concluded the course in the first place among 99 colleagues.
Later, as a logical and natural sequence of his professional career and his life, he would compete for Coordinator of Criminal Investigation and, as expected, be promoted to that category shortly afterwards.

Then...
Well, about a year ago, we watched, amazed, a kind of show hitherto unheard among us. As in the autosdafe of the past, some media (mainly British, but unfortunately not only) "destroyed" in public a man of the Portuguese Judiciary Police. A top cadre of the career of Criminal Investigation. Our colleague, and friend of many of us. A character assassination like no other employee of this house had been victim before. Why?
Because, as has always been his hallmark, Dr. Goncalo Amaral, Coordinator of Criminal Investigation of the Judiciary Police, went to fight, committed himself, faced, with courage and decision, the difficulties and setbacks of an extremely complex case whose contours are still, and perhaps forever, undefined .

Perhaps for the first time in the history of Judiciary Police, an investigator is exposed in the public square and his privacy assaulted. Only because he was investigating a suspected case. Because he was working. Perhaps the Portuguese state, the government, our Judiciary Police should have mechanisms to protect their representatives in situations like this. To protect them in the exercise of their professional activity in the Public Service. Perhaps all of us, his co-workers, should have taken it up to us, and doing justice to the famous, traditional and so bandied about "Esprit de Corps" that they say is characteristic of our "House", we ought to have, in some way, expressed our support to Dr . Gonçalo Amaral.

Nothing of this has happened. Gonçalo was left alone.
If this strategy catches in the future, facing powerful and well connected defendants, maybe other investigators will be the object of this ordeal. It could be any of us. And that could be, somehow, the end of the criminal investigation. At least the way we envision it and develop it.

May this case serve as a subject of reflection. And as an example. And may it help us create ways to avoid a repetition. The very ASFICPJ should, perhaps, analyse, seriously, conscientiously and thoroughly, in a serene and constructive way, this whole situation. It is also their obligation.

Gonçalo, my friend, I regret sincerely your exit of the Judiciary Police, which seems to me too early because I admit that you could give more to the cause of the Society, Justice and Public Service. Our "House", moreover, does not have many resources, in quality and quantity, to afford to not put them to profit or, even worse, to leave them to waste.

It remains for me, faced with the facts, to thank you for your friendship and wish you all the best and every success in the new stage of life that you have decided to start.

Odd that it should be anonymous. But I think we can summarise it by plucking out the key labels describing Amaral's qualities: motivation, dedication, enthusiams, carisma, flexibility (to go anywhere at any time), commitment, grace.

Now, the thing about eulogies, as a rule, is that they are liberally laced with anecdotal illustrations from real-life examples of situations where these qualities have been demonstrated and exemplified. I invite anyone to read that text and pull out from it examples of that kind.

Don't all rush at once ... .

honestbroker
Apprentice's Assistant
Apprentice's Assistant

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:10 pm

Are you saying that, perhaps, he wrote that himself? Surely not!
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Goncalo Amaral ... a policeman's policeman ... Empty Cobblers..

Post by Marilyn Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:38 pm

Such fulsome praise .. such butt-kissing .. and anonymous too!
If anyone felt such affection & pride for a colleague they would not withhold their name.
Yeah right, Gonc .. pull the other one. lazygd4nuthn antisrmorons smellarat

Marilyn
Master
Master

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down