Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sofia's Open Letter to Kate

+11
maria theresa
lily
May
vee8
blondie
Sabot
clairesy
Cath
christabel
Rosie
bluj1515
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sofia's Open Letter to Kate - Page 2 Empty Re: Sofia's Open Letter to Kate

Post by vee8 Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:02 am

christabel wrote:
blondie wrote:After a while, Gonçalo appeared driving the same car, and again in a notorious state of drunkenness. Having asked him for Inês Sofia, he ordered me to go inside the house, where he insulted me and threatened me of death.

Good grief! I have not seen this before.

It is disgraceful that this drunken and callous man is being financed to defend his libel case by pensioners while he was squandering his not inconsiderable salary by Portuguese standards[ taking into account their lower cost of living]

Is this in the public domain or is it exclusive to this forum?

[Hi Cath and Sabot BTW Sofia's Open Letter to Kate - Page 2 720908 ]

Hi Blondie,

It is I believe exclusive to here Sofia's Open Letter to Kate - Page 2 127278
There is a copy of the original, plus the translation and also a copy of the police log book confirming receipt, in the J4 book.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by May Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:08 am

This man is a monster and the sooner he is behind bars and the world knows the truth, the better.
May
May
Master
Master

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:54 am

Vee Sofia's Open Letter to Kate - Page 2 720908

J4 book? I never heard of that.

blondie
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2010-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:59 am

blondie wrote:Vee Sofia's Open Letter to Kate - Page 2 720908

J4 book? I never heard of that.

There you go!

http://www.authorhouse.co.uk/Bookstore/BookStoreSearchResults.aspx?SearchType=smpl&SearchTerm=the%20madeleine%20investigation
Sofia's Open Letter to Kate - Page 2 503613
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lily Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:01 pm

blondie wrote:Good to see you [again] Sabot.

I remember Nicked attempting to bring the stamped document to 3A and being banned for her efforts.

I remember watching that whole fiasco too Blondie.

Since this letter came to light (thanks guys), look at what else has been uncovered. His fans still think the sun shines out of his rear end and I can't see that changing any time soon.

lily
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by maria theresa Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:04 pm

Still waiting for my copy of the book. There's a general Amazon warning on their site about delays due to the weather. I'm impatient to read it. I generally trust Amazon. I know there's another site mentioned here where one can get it. I tried that first but it didn't work for me. Not that I'm the best person with computers so it may have been my fault.

maria theresa
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:41 pm

Rosiepops wrote:Open letter to Mrs Healy, Kate.
-- Dear Madam,

Excuse my audacity, but after learning about your comment in your interview with the newspaper, Expresso, on the subject of Gonçalo Amaral, my husband and father of my daughters, I have to send you these words of thanks. For many years I have been trying to make myself understood with this feeling that unites you and I "....and his behaviour is a disgrace professionally and as a person"...

Consider this:
a) Professionally

-- As coordinator of criminal investigation for the PJ, my husband has always refused to sit comfortably behind his desk, from 9 to 5, which is usual for his rank.

Instead of that, he spent the day (and sometimes the night) on the ground with the investigators, coordinating "on the spot" searches, surveillance, seizures and other duties. What a disgrace! But if this was just about being exposed to the elements, things wouldn't be serious, because as madam Kate knows, the weather here is not bad. The problem is his commitment to the cause which has cost him promotion in his career. I will explain, because this case is contemporary to the search for your daughter. My husband was involved as senior coordinator, and between seizures of drugs, kidnappings and murders, he succeeded in producing a theory about drug trafficking by sea, which he defended before a jury in Lisbon, who congratulated him.

Full of hope, Gonçalo Amaral returned to the Algarve to await the result. It was with astonishment that he learned that he had been passed over by other colleagues (coordinators as it happens, to tell the truth), because he had not managed to get himself into "professonal training" settings. And yes, madam Kate, my husband spent his life working, in the midst of complex investigations. He was the man in Portugal who seized most drugs, but as he didn't have the time to parade himself in the corridors of the PJ's institution, he was not promoted. A disgrace, madam, a disgrace!

As you must know, because you seem very well informed to me, my husband's salary was barely 1.5 times the minimum wage of your country. However, as a wife, mother and Portuguese, I cannot complain, given that Gonçalo Amaral's salary was the equivalent of 4.5 times the minimum wage in Portugal. Pay attention to this, which serves as an example of what I am going to explain: at one time, an individual shot an officer of the PSP and fled into neighbouring Spain. Between the comings and goings of a PJ team, of which my husband was a part, they were there for more than 15 days.

At that time, international expenses were 100€. As madam Kate can imagine, it is not possible on that amount to eat and to lodge in Spain, still less when it is Christmas Eve, and this amount would only be available (with a bit of luck) by Easter. Even with that, Gonçalo Amaral never refused, not even for a day, to search for the evasive murderer, thus increasing our family budget. And this is only one example amongst many. I once suggested to him the creation of a fund, or something else for dealing with these extraordinary expenses, but he never listened to me. While we too had our mortgage to pay...A disgrace, Madam Kate, a disgrace!
b) Also as an individual, his behaviour is a disgrace, because it was never possible to distinguish or to have a private life with the way of working he chose. However, and if my dear friend Madam Kate will allow me, I can give some examples: Five years ago, a child called Joana "disappeared." The mother, just like Madam Kate, tried to project the case into the media, but this was as far as she got...After 8 days, came the confessions and the evidence: During an incestuous act between the mother and the uncle, the child was beaten, later cut into pieces and her body disposed of, no one knows where. The mother and the uncle were imprisoned, with the trial coordinated by Gonçalo Amaral, and bringing each of them nearly 20 years in prison. But going back a bit.

The child died on September 12th. On Christmas Eve, our family were together to begin our prayers, when my husband asked me to prepare a bag with food and warm clothes, because he had not yet carried out his Christmas act of contrition and penitence. Try to imagine, Madam Kate, where Gonçalo Amaral took himself that Christmas night when there was torrential rain and roaring thunder? To the Olhao prison establishment, where João Cipriano, Joana's uncle, was a prisoner; confessed murderer and clinically declared a psychopath. For my husband, giving alms to a beggar did not represent any sacrifice.
On the other hand, joining and sharing his Christmas meal with João Cipriano was the sacrifice he offered to God in memory of Joana. And isn't that a disgrace? Know this, Madam Kate, every year, on September 12th, my husband requests a mass for Joana Isabel Cipriano Guerreiro. He says that no one else will remember the poor child. But people remember to accuse him unjustly of acts and crimes which he has never committed. Isn't that a disgrace, Madam Kate?

I will relate one last story, which still costs me to talk about. This year, in May, we started the process of moving our family to Portimao. My husband's holiday was supposed to start the day after your daughter disappeared. "For obvious reasons," that didn't happen. I started a new job, I looked at houses, I made the move and I tried to settle our daughters into new schools with new routines.
All that alone, without any support from my husband, who, for obvious reasons, was looking for your daughter, Madam Kate. In October, on the day of his birthday, a week after our daughters had started the new school year, Gonçalo Amaral was dismissed and returned to Faro. It was supposed to be a time of the family getting together, but in fact it was even more of a separation. Isn't that a disgrace? Our daughters have never understood, and we have never succeeded in explaining to them what the obvious reasons were that justified a father leaving his daughters to look for a child he didn't know and whom the parents neglected. A disgrace that my dear friend Kate was not there at that time. Perhaps you could have helped us explain the "obvious reasons" to our children for their father's being sent back.

To finish, on the intimate subject of Gonçalo Amaral, I can only tell you that he is exactly as the Latinos have a reputation for: a wild one, and my modesty does not allow me to say any more.

I ask my dear friend to forgive these thoughts of a wife and mother, but I am sure you will understand. I will finish this missive by asking you to pass on to your mother my sincere compliments. She seemed very sincere to me when, during an interview, she said she had the urge to slap those who had left her grandchildren alone. She spoke as openly as a true Portuguese grandmother would have done.

My dear friend Madam Kate, without wishing to bother you any further, I would like you to do me a last favour: now that you are starting to let the truth come out, don't stop, go on, and tell the truth the world is waiting to hear.

With my best regards,

Sofia Leal

(Wife and mother of Gonçalo Amaral's children.)

The terms Madam or Madam Kate, appear no less than 13 times in this letter!

I think that now after the revelations about Goncalo Amaral and Ricardo Paiva, would be a good time to analyse this letter still further. The way that Amaral behaved during his latest appeal hearing to persuade a judge to "unban" his libellous book (which failed) actually goes a long way to reveal more about the psyche of this abhorrent man and his wife.

Incidentally, where is Amaral's wife? She was nowhere to be seen when he was at court and apparently was not at his "fund raising dinner"! Apparently Paypal have now suspended this "fund raising" account, wonder what all that is about?
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:51 pm

"His committment to the cause cost him his promotion".

Read.

"His stupidity and fascist leanings cost him his promotion".

Is she thick, or just spiteful and disappointed?

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by May Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:01 am

I think there is more to come out about this "fund". As for Sofia, she is probably trying to distance herself from this individual, rats leaving a sinking ship perhaps?
May
May
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:03 am

To finish, on the intimate subject of Gonçalo Amaral, I can only tell you that he is exactly as the Latinos have a reputation for: a wild one, and my modesty does not allow me to say any more.

Sofia's Open Letter to Kate - Page 2 908778 Sofia's Open Letter to Kate - Page 2 908778 Sofia's Open Letter to Kate - Page 2 908778

Can someone try to explain why Sofia Amaral chose to include this inappropriate paragraph in her open letter to the mother of a missing child? Try as I might, I cannot see that it has any bearing on her subject matter, or anything at all to do with a missing child, it is distasteful in the extreme!

Sofia must have known about her husbands extramarital dalliances which are not so much peccadilloes, as full blown in your face could not give a damn about his wife or children affairs, perhaps this was their way of off-setting what they knew was going to come out about them and their "open" relationship? What is staggering is that Amaral had obviously caught with his voluminous pants around his ankles (probably blue Y fronts) but this was not enough to deter him, as we all now know that he indulged himself still further and used his notoriety to cardinally dine out yet again, this time managing to become "Talk of the Town" in Portimao!

In which case, this clearly demonstrates the deviousness of Goncalo Amaral and looking at him and his past, it is clear that this is the way he lives his life, this is the way the disgraced former PJ inspector operates!

How come this sub-standard disgraced former PJ coordinator, was ever allowed to be in charge of the Madeleine McCann investigation?
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by May Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:08 am

LOL Gross as it appears, Sofia seems proud of her husband's behaviour....she has obviously got a screw loose! As for bragging to Kate about their sex life, well the mind boggles. How insensitive, irrelevant and crude.
May
May
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:12 am

I don't know why he was put in charge of the case. Unless his superiors approved of what he did during The Cipriano Case. They must have known he was an arguido.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:23 am

by Sabot Today at 12:51 pm

"His committment to the cause cost him his promotion".

Read.

"His stupidity and fascist leanings cost him his promotion".

Is she thick, or just spiteful and disappointed?

Exactly and I think he is every inch the fascist and I never use that word lightly, not unless I really mean it. I think Sofia Amaral showed herself to be a jealous vindictive person, someone that has no compassion for another mother in deep distress. (If it was her that actually wrote this letter and it wasn't dictated to her by her "husband" Goncalo Amaral?

by May Today at 1:01 pm

I think there is more to come out about this "fund". As for Sofia, she is probably trying to distance herself from this individual, rats leaving a sinking ship perhaps?

There must be more to this than waiting for numbers to verify the account with paypal, this can be done electronically within minutes, I would think that a stop has been placed on this "fund", probably because Amaral is now the subject of several criminal investigations!

As for Sofia, shortly before Amaral's ill fated and ill judged appeal, I remember reading that she was not doing too well, suffering with depression or something.
I would not make light of people suffering with depression, it is an awful thing, but if she is suffering with depression, this should go at least some way to helping her understand the depression that Kate McCann is suffering and was also suffering when she wrote her letter when she called Kate, the mother of a missing abducted child "Madam Kate" so many times in such a derogatory fashion. I am also wondering if perhaps Sofia Amaral has not learned something about her husband that has completely thrown her out of kilter?
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:39 am

Sabot, it seems to me that no thought what-so-ever was given to this, did they expect him to wind this up quickly, the same way as he did with Leonor Cipriano? In which case they are every bit to blame for this farce and fiasco as Amaral himself! Remember how Alipio Ribeiro was attacked for speaking the truth when he said in an interview that he thought Kate and Gerry were made arguidos too hastily? Alipio Ribeiro was the Portuguese political chief of the Judicial Police at the time, that post is now occupied by Jose Almeida Rodrigues, perhaps we should all write to Mr Rodrigues? Remember also that Rodrigues was also the first head of judicial police that had been a member of the PJ. Perhaps Mr Rodrigues is a bit peeved at the terrible reputation that Goncalo Amaral and now Ricardo Paiva are giving the policia judiciaria? In any case as he is the political incumbent, I think letters to him outlining this fiasco, may be a good idea, it may just galvanise him into actually doing something?
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:03 am

"To finish, on the intimate subject of Gonçalo Amaral, I can only tell you that he is exactly as the Latinos have a reputation for: a wild one, and my modesty does not allow me to say any more."

I have said it before, and I'll say it again, I will bet a pound to a Rhubarb stick this was penned by the fat defective himself. The whole letter smacks of self agrandisment and bitterness at his treatment by his superiors. I honestly cannot believe any mother would write such a letter to another, greiving, mother. This was all written by him, I'll stake my life on it.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:55 am

Strange... you've mentioned Sofa's illness. But she gave an interview telling about that months ago. Must try to find it.
If I'm not mistaken she's said she got terribly ill in April.
When did they go to The Netherlands and France to promote his book?

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:14 am

Instead of that, he spent the day (and sometimes the night) on the ground with the investigators, coordinating "on the spot" searches, surveillance, seizures and other duties. What a disgrace!

"and sometimes the night" is that what he told you Sofia ? I dont think you will find he was on the ground with investigators!
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:52 am

Sofia Leal: Deep depression supporting her husband

Has your family been hurt in this process?

This year in April, I started feeling very low. I did some blood tests and the result revealed that my body (this was not even a psychological matter anymore) was at its limit. The pressure had been huge (moving house, changing schools, changing jobs, defamation, Gonçalo's early retirement). All the common patterns were fine, including the hormonal part. Nonetheless, until today nobody understands how I managed to get so far.

By the end of April, my body had not even a trace of adrenalin, dopamine or serotonin. In physical and emotional terms, I had given everything I had, plus what I didn't have. The McCann couple, that is clearly and directly responsible, certainly knows what this means. Nevertheless, due to my psychiatrist and to my family that tried to protect me, I made it through the summer "on one foot". Afterwards, and due to the processes, the threats, in October my body failed and broke down. I went through shock therapy that included being "shut off" for two weeks. My husband didn't sleep, in order to "watch over" my sleep.
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:16 am

Tinkerbell43 wrote:Instead of that, he spent the day (and sometimes the night) on the ground with the investigators, coordinating "on the spot" searches, surveillance, seizures and other duties. What a disgrace!

"and sometimes the night" is that what he told you Sofia ? I dont think you will find he was on the ground with investigators!

Sofia's Open Letter to Kate - Page 2 466476

Tinks the poor woman believes him! Does she not know that he was not there at all in PDL? Not on the night that Madeleine disappeared and not since then, he still has NOT met Kate and Gerry McCann, the people he made suspects and wrote a book accusing them of killing their daughter and hiding her body. Him the coordinator in charge of the investigation.

You are right Tinks he definitely wasn't on the ground with other investigators, a certain female journalist with the initials FC perhaps, but not the investigators!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:29 am

No style obviously. You'd think they'd get a room. On the ground indeed.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:34 am

Tinkerbell43 wrote:Sofia Leal: Deep depression supporting her husband

Has your family been hurt in this process?

This year in April, I started feeling very low. I did some blood tests and the result revealed that my body (this was not even a psychological matter anymore) was at its limit. The pressure had been huge (moving house, changing schools, changing jobs, defamation, Gonçalo's early retirement). All the common patterns were fine, including the hormonal part. Nonetheless, until today nobody understands how I managed to get so far.

By the end of April, my body had not even a trace of adrenalin, dopamine or serotonin. In physical and emotional terms, I had given everything I had, plus what I didn't have. The McCann couple, that is clearly and directly responsible, certainly knows what this means. Nevertheless, due to my psychiatrist and to my family that tried to protect me, I made it through the summer "on one foot". Afterwards, and due to the processes, the threats, in October my body failed and broke down. I went through shock therapy that included being "shut off" for two weeks. My husband didn't sleep, in order to "watch over" my sleep.

Why is she telling us all this? Is she playing for the sympathy card again? I am sorry that she obviously felt so ill and at the end of her tether, but it is not the fault of Kate and Gerry McCann that some scumbag abductor abducted their daughter and it is not their fault that Sofia chose to marry a police coordinator, it is not the McCanns fault that Amaral is a drunken womanising spendthrift.
I would suggest that it was not Madeleine and the McCanns that brought Sofia down, it was Amaral's other "activities". Activities he was up to well before Madeleine was abducted. The Amarals were going through marital difficulties long before Madeleine disappeared.

Wonder where she is now? How come she was not at the court, not once? Wonder if she will be at the court when he appears on his libel charges?

I do hate to think of her suffering because goodness knows what the poor woman has to put up with behind closed doors, if she does, then I hopw she fonds the strength to leave him, but writing a despicable and heartless open letter to the mother of a missing child is cruel and vicious.

You are probably right Vee, he probably did write that letter, that is why he mentioned the inappropriate part, wanted to bog himself up, which means of course he is more than likely useless! Sofia's Open Letter to Kate - Page 2 466476
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:38 am

Sabot wrote:No style obviously. You'd think they'd get a room. On the ground indeed.

Well he likes to keep his "ear" to the ground does Amaral and you know what he is like about "ears"!

Sofia's Open Letter to Kate - Page 2 396948 Sofia's Open Letter to Kate - Page 2 396948 Sofia's Open Letter to Kate - Page 2 396948 Sofia's Open Letter to Kate - Page 2 396948 Sofia's Open Letter to Kate - Page 2 396948 Sofia's Open Letter to Kate - Page 2 396948 Sofia's Open Letter to Kate - Page 2 396948 Sofia's Open Letter to Kate - Page 2 396948
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:56 pm

vee8 wrote:"To finish, on the intimate subject of Gonçalo Amaral, I can only tell you that he is exactly as the Latinos have a reputation for: a wild one, and my modesty does not allow me to say any more."

I have said it before, and I'll say it again, I will bet a pound to a Rhubarb stick this was penned by the fat defective himself. The whole letter smacks of self agrandisment and bitterness at his treatment by his superiors. I honestly cannot believe any mother would write such a letter to another, greiving, mother. This was all written by him, I'll stake my life on it.

Vee, Rosie, et al

I agree totally. No woman would ever write such puerile rubbish. This is the sort of comment that a sex oriented man would make, and since a confident self assured man would have no need to even mention such a thing, I can only suggest that perhaps Amaral is not a confident self assured man in the bedroom.

It makes women cringe with embarassment for the writer, that is after they stop laughing and pick themselves up off the floor.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by calcite51 Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:06 pm

Aw, Diane you disappoint me - you mean the remark about GA doesn't make you want to pick up the phone and make arrangements for a rendez vous a deux? Then you can report to the rest of us and we are going to ask for details!!
calcite51
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:19 pm

Calcite.

Just the thought of it makes me want to

Sofia's Open Letter to Kate - Page 2 908778