Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seems like Bennetts a right old crook

+2
vee8
christabel
6 posters

Go down

Seems like Bennetts a right old crook Empty Seems like Bennetts a right old crook

Post by christabel Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:48 am

From Katie Smith's blog,

http://katiesmith.wordpress.com/2009/11/09/statement-from-parents-aid/

Statement From Parents’ Aid

As a Trustee of Parents Aid South East Essex a registered charity I would like to take this opportunity of confirming that we seem to be as Ms Smith says “another victim of this sorry mess”. Until this blog was drawn to our attention we did not know that Mr Bennett had used our name. As far as we can establish we are the only charity still in existence with this name and any previous charities with whom this gentleman may have been connected are no longer in existence. He certainly has no connection with us. I can confirm that we have no connection with this booklet or currently any imprints of our own which would require an ISBN number. We will shortly be placing on our website a statement to this effect

Jenny can I thank you for clarifying the position of your charity with regards to this booklet. It seems you are as confused by this as many here are.

Can I also apologise for any distress caused by my blog, and I will ask people here to let others know that Parents’ Aid have no connection with the gentleman concerned.

Katie adds:
Can I also thank Ade for helping to clarify the situation. I will post for clarity Ade’s earlier email to me:

Hi Kate, I have been in touch with the charity, Parents Aid. I have permission to make a statement on behalf of their Vice Chair, Jenny Amner.

Jenny would like to state that the charity has no links to Anthony Bennett. He was a founder of Parents Aid back in the Eighties but there is no longer any link with him. The charity have nothing to do with the booklet for the Madeleine Foundation and are shocked that anyone might be misled and consider a link between the charity and the Madeleine Foundation.

The Parent Aid website will be updated ASAP to make it clear that they are independent of Tony Bennett. I have informed Carter Ruck of the situation
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Seems like Bennetts a right old crook Empty Re: Seems like Bennetts a right old crook

Post by vee8 Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:55 am

More than we realise Chris!
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Seems like Bennetts a right old crook Empty Re: Seems like Bennetts a right old crook

Post by christabel Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:57 am

vee8 wrote:More than we realise Chris!

I know Vee lol.

I should have said well done to Ade Seems like Bennetts a right old crook 691961
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:42 am

The bit about Parent Aid just didnt make any sense, not when you read what Bennett had written previously and what Parent Aid said about themselves.

I am very glad that Parent Aid has made this statement, as it would be terrible if they suffered some sort of punishment because of someone else's lies.

Now, who did publish the leaflets, since it clearly isnt Parent Aid? Is this ISBN thing a legal requirement? If so, what happens if a false name is used?
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:00 am

Diane

What is going to be hard is assessing the number of booklets sold, against the number he has declared as sold and then there is the matter of the leaflets, I believe he was charging for them also, by getting people to donate money for a set amount and then they distributed them.

Why do the words con and man keep springing to mind?
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:15 am

It would be good to find the publisher though, as then the number printed would be known. In a tax audit, they would be required to provide the details of what was produced (ie how many printed) and how many sold, and then that would be compared to how many are left. I hope the police are going to do something similar.

And like I asked previously, did these pamphlets attract VAT, or is there a law in Britain where organisations that earn under a certain amount are not required to submit VAT reports. I have dealt with British companies before, but always large ones, and the VAT reporting requirements are very stringent. Because really, the tax office (whatever it is called, Inland Revenue ??) should be taking a look at the tax status of this organisation as well, and whether requirements were met.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:25 am

Well he is not a registered charity and he is not a not for profit company like Stevo seems to think, so he would be liable to pay VAT, but the onus for that would fall on the actual printers.
There is definitely looks to be something dodgy about what he has done, it would take the police some time to sort this out, if you do a search on Google, you find loads of times where he has been asking for money for this that and the other, all to be sent to his Chippingfield address
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayelles Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:38 am

Was it definitely Bennett who did the Parent Aid thing - or was it his wife? I have a vague recollection of posting something about Parent Aid a month or so ago when I was finding stuff he had been involved in. I have a suspicion that some of the projects might be his wife's.

Jayelles
Apprentice
Apprentice

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2009-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaceful1 Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:11 pm

Bloody crooks the lot of them. Bennett, Butler, Stevo
Peaceful1
Peaceful1
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down