Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GONC GUILTY OF TORTURE YIPPEE!!!

+7
bluj1515
dianeh
Sabot
Pedro Silva
lily
Tinkerbell43
christabel
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

GONC GUILTY OF TORTURE YIPPEE!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: GONC GUILTY OF TORTURE YIPPEE!!!

Post by Sabot Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:29 pm

Yes, he will go to jail. It won't be a First Offence for a start.

Personally, I can't wait to see him in Jail along with all of the poor souls he put there on false premise. They will have to put him in isolation. Tee Hee.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

GONC GUILTY OF TORTURE YIPPEE!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: GONC GUILTY OF TORTURE YIPPEE!!!

Post by clairesy Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:55 am

minxy just spoke to me about sumut on msn and i am also wondering the same as her....what happened to the cop who had a large amount of cash deposited into his account??In Lisbon? where is he whats happening with him did they ever find out what that cash was for?
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:56 am

i think he worked on the madeleine case!! but i remember reading about the money in his account...some sort of large amount of cash that turned up without any sort of reason...two amounts i think...but i dont recall ever hearing anything else. I would be interested to find out who he is and just what those two deposits were about.
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jean Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:26 am

I think he disappeared into oblivian together with his stash of money, just like various other 'important' issues to do with Madeleine's disappearance. Very conveniently!!

jean
Master
Master

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:04 pm

If I remember correctly, he was receiving large monthly payments. But according to Morais it was an inheritence. This just doesn't make sense to me.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:45 am

Yes don't think anyone got to the bottom of it...as far I know..
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:27 am

It appears to me that the PJ in the Algarve had a culture that did not allow for questioning the actions of the superior officers. The results of this recent court case definitely leave that impression, after all it is not everyday that a police inspector is convicted of perjury concerning the torture of an accused criminal.

This (ie not questioning a superior) could be due to a belief that what they are doing is not wrong, or it could be due to a culture of widespread corruption of which various cops were a part of it, or scared to say anything, or it could also be due to a not wanting to rock the boat mentality. It doesnt appear to be simply a cultural thing, as i agree with a previous post on here that Rebelo did not condone what went on in the investigation.

The torture of Leonor is very intriguing. No one has been charged over the torture yet the judge says that it happened and was covered up. But it raises questions that again lead me to wonder about the culture of that particular police station. Was the torture a regular thing? Was it ordered by senior officers? Were any of the officers in that station ever been accused of similar things, either there or at another station? As Leonor was hurt when she returned to prison, did the custody officer note in his log that she had been injured, and if not, why not, and what action was taken against him/her. I can think of other questions, but you get the idea.

I make no claims that this is widespread through Portugal. I dont even know if it is true for the Algarve or even true for this particular unit, but such a culture within elements in the police, does explain things like Leonore's torture and the cover up, and the appalling way that the Madeleine investigation was done. Corruption is a possibility and it has not been ruled out by any public investigation.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:53 pm

It sounds like Culture to me, something left over from the Salazar days. Some, if not all of the Secret Police were incorporated into The PJ at the time of The Revolution, and then went on to train other Police Officers thereby carrying on the culture. They undoubtedly kept it quiet because Amnesty International were on to them. I expect that some senior officers thought it was okay, and some didn't but were hardly in a position to do anything because they didn't all agree.
Many people do find this sort of thing acceptable, even in UK. It appears to depend on their gut telling them who done it, and there is quite a lot of that about, as well we know.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:13 pm

My friends, I received this from Marcos Aragão:

http://www.ionline.pt/conteudo/111819-advogado-leonor-cipriano-apresenta-queixa-portugal--onu

Leonor Cipriano lawyer lodges a complaint of Portugal to the UN.

The defense opted by the United Nations for greater institutional weight, global reach and greater visibility internationally

Joana Cipriano's lawyer, Marcos Aragão Correia, will lodge a formal complaint against the Portuguese "to the United Nations for the most gross violation of basic human rights, calling for the condemnation and expulsion of Portugal's Human Rights Commission of the United Nations" .

The decision to bring an action against the state party, according to the lawyer, following the recent ruling by the Court of Appeal of Evora that, according to one jurist, held that "all evidence produced at the headquarters of the district court is amply sufficient to prove the existence of a serious crime against Leonor Cipriano tortured by police officers of the Portuguese state, and accordingly rejected all the resources of defendants, including the intention to renew the same evidence. "

Also according to the lawyer for Leonor Cipriano (mother of Joana Cipriano), David Silva and António Leandro (stepfather of Joana Cipriano), "the Court of Appeal in Évora decided to keep the full ruling of first instance final". Which, for an advocate is the confirmation that his client "was brutally tortured by various agents of the Judicial Police (PJ) Portuguese who remain unidentified."

Sentences Another issue that was kept on the table, in Évora, the convictions against the officials Goncalo Amaral, who was convicted as a perpetrator of a crime of making false allegations to one year and six months imprisonment, suspended for the same period, and Antonio Nuno Cardoso, convicted as a perpetrator of a crime of forgery of document to two years and three months' imprisonment, also suspended for a period of two years.

The lawyer stated that the Court of Appeal in Évora not be considered to aggravate the punishment of Gonçalo Amaral "because it is a primary offender - have no criminal record at the time of the crime - and the same is already retired from the police" .

As for the punishment of Anthony Nuno Cardoso, is unable to determine the decision of Évora, since Marcos Aragão Correia would not add any further statement on the matter.

Marcos Aragão Correia explained that there were only two possibilities: a complaint before the European Court of Human Rights and the United Nations, it had to choose one of the organizations, since international standards make it impossible to appeal simultaneously to both bodies .

Thus, concluded the lawyer, "since it already took approximately seven years since the torture of Leonor Cipriano who was the victim, and noting the fact that the European Court of Human Rights has an approximate average, to resolve the cases of 5 years, presents itself as more advantageous to take the case to the UN. "

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2