Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Column in Support of the McCanns/The Herald

+10
helenm
maria
janeGT
Mobira
tulip
joanypony
clairesy
dianeh
vee8
calcite51
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A Column in Support of the McCanns/The Herald - Page 2 Empty Hi Mandz

Post by Rosie Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:10 am

Mandz wrote:Isn't that the bottom line? Do we want to see the courts filled with caring parents who made a mistake? Court is for the truly negligent and downright abusive. Too many children are starved of love and are physically, sexually or emotionally abused. They are the children of addicts, who get no attention, or of abusers, who get far too much of the wrong sort. We know that Madeleine McCann's parents slipped up. We know that if they had stayed in their holiday flat, taken the children out to dinner with them or even hired a babysitter, no kidnapper could have taken her at that time. We also know that Kate and Gerry McCann love Madeleine and her twin siblings. This was not a neglected child. Looking at what Madeleine's loss has done and is doing to her parents, no-one can imagine there is a sentence any court could hand down that would punish them for going out to dinner any more than they are already being punished.
So get off their backs.

I absolutely agree with your article this was not a neglected child. Most parents if they are honest with themselves have taken some kind of risk some small some big whether it’s drinking alcohol whilst your children are in bed or having a BBQ whilst your children are inside alone sleeping. I see lost children regularly in supermarkets. I’m shocked when I hear people say I would never dream of doing that however I bet if you sat them down and asked them some questions and they answered truthfully you will find a risk/s. Most parents not that long ago left their children outside of shops in prams. People say the world was a lot safer then however I’m not convinced. Being perfect gives you the right to judge others however no one is perfect NO ONE.

I just have to say that I agree with you. If we are not careful we are going to turn the next generation into people that are scared of their own shadows.
I used to leave my children outside the shop in their prams, I had no choice, most shops did not allow you take your pram or pushchair in, as the shop was either too small or they just did not allow it. We had no choice but to leave them outside, however, shop assistants back then were very good, they usually keep their eyes on all the babies that were left outside. It happened and everyone did it back then.
Also when my first was born and I was a very young inexperienced mum, I took baby in the pram to the small Express Dairy local supermarket. I parked the pram outside and nipped in purchased my goods and toddle off back home (which was just down the road) all the way back home I had the feeling that I had forgotten something, mentally I began ticking off all the things I wanted and had purchased and could not remember what it was that I had forgotten. I went inside and put the bags down just as I did my mother in law asked just as I had realised, "Where is the baby?" I threw everything and ran up the road, it was just a very short way and when I reached the road i could see the pram still sitting there but of course I could not see inside at the baby, my heart was in my mouth literally, but as I ran towards the pram and shop a laughing assistant came out and said they were all taking bets on how long it would take me to come running around the corner.

We all do things and we all make mistakes, only some of us are honest and own up to them. None of us are perfect and I know I was not the only one to have done something like this either. This did not mean I was negligent and it did not mean I did not love my baby. What utter nonsense.

These antis are behaving like a load of monkey's on the McCann's backs and it is about time they went back up their trees and counted their nuts!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

A Column in Support of the McCanns/The Herald - Page 2 Empty Re: A Column in Support of the McCanns/The Herald

Post by helenm Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:35 am

Oh Rosie, your story took me back some. I did exactly the same as you with my daughter. Near to us was a group of shops. I'd gone in the bread shop leaving my daughter outside in her pram, when I came out I remembered that I needed to get some fruit and veg. It was only next door so didn't move the pram with daughter in it. Only thing is I came out of that shop and walked home, approx 400 yds away. I couldn't believe it when I got home and wondered where my bread was!!! never mind my daughter. I can laugh about that now but at the time what desperate and very guilty feelings I suffered. I'm glad I'm not perfect, how would you live up to that, nigh on impossible.
helenm
helenm
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

A Column in Support of the McCanns/The Herald - Page 2 Empty Rosie & Helen!

Post by Mandz Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:57 am

Rosie and Helen!
I know it is not funny but I’m laughing!! I have heard many stories like yours! I’ve lost my child in a supermarket and it’s not nice nor would I like to go through it again! Most people I have spoken to say they have done the exact same.

You know I have just been watching LA lifeguards and the majority of their time spent was dealing with “lost children” and some very young. Every parent knows that when out with your child you should supervise them properly however things like this happen all the time. We are all flawed but at least we can admit it unlike others!
Mandz
Mandz
Apprentice's Assistant
Apprentice's Assistant

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

A Column in Support of the McCanns/The Herald - Page 2 Empty Child Neglet

Post by caroline Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:38 am

***Post Removed, Libellous and Vile***

Last edited by Rosiepops on Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Poster made libellous comments and seems to have a problem understanding what this forum is about. Rosie)

caroline

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

A Column in Support of the McCanns/The Herald - Page 2 Empty Caroline

Post by Tinkerbell43 Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:14 am

Can I ask why you joined this forum, was there something about the title that you didnt quite understand ?

I dont believe your personal attack was called for and I would ask that you refrain from making such comments again.

You have obviously not been following this case from day one, if you had you would know what you have posted is wildly incorrect. If you are not interested in the truth or friendly debate, then maybe this is not the forum for you.
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

A Column in Support of the McCanns/The Herald - Page 2 Empty Re: A Column in Support of the McCanns/The Herald

Post by Rosie Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:52 am

Tinkerbell43 wrote:Can I ask why you joined this forum, was there something about the title that you didnt quite understand ?

I dont believe your personal attack was called for and I would ask that you refrain from making such comments again.

You have obviously not been following this case from day one, if you had you would know what you have posted is wildly incorrect. If you are not interested in the truth or friendly debate, then maybe this is not the forum for you.

Absolutely correct Tinks, very odd. The person must have read this forum and knew what it was for and what it was abot yet they still decided to jpin to make trouble. Obviously a vilette. 🇳🇴
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2