Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gonc tries to release his book

+9
tulip
clairesy
maria
Mandz
helenm
vee8
christabel
calcite51
archer
13 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Gonc tries to release his book - Page 4 Empty Donk..

Post by Mandz Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:45 pm

What I would like to know is did he see this case as ££ ? Did he think by blaming the parents that it would somehow help with his own trial re Joana?

1) Was this his motive?
2) Why so many police errors?
3) Why so many leaks about this case/couple?
4) Why stop looking for this girl?
5) Why write a book?
6) Are there other people in on this? Is that why we have seen leak after leak after leak?

Was this always in the pipeline? His own trial and ££?

I don’t know this is my opinion from what I have read.
Mandz
Mandz
Apprentice's Assistant
Apprentice's Assistant

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Gonc tries to release his book - Page 4 Empty GA and Leonor

Post by maria Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:05 pm

jak wrote:Hi Rosie, Dianeh, and all, great reading, :D

Rosie, good to see you too, it's been too long . I agree with most of what you say but think Goncs views are more monetary related, rather than his impending trial. Unfortunately, I don't think a prison term will be implemented, even if he is found guilty.(Hi Maria, would like your thoughts on this one) More likely he will be forbidden to serve in the Portuguese Services again, which means nothing really, as he has already gone. The book will and has ( TV appearances, radio interviews prior to launch ), made him money. This I feel is the only reason, a pension fund, I know I am repetitive with this claim but it sickens me to my stomach, that a missing child would be used as such.The man deserves to rot!

Jak

My unsubstantiated opinion, as I don't have law background.

From the moment he was charged on Leonor's case, GA's objective was to be found 'not guilty'. At the time, he was a top investigator and such a conviction could have devastating effects on his carreer.
After Madeleine's case and his fall in disgrace, there were other concerns. He is a lawyer licencee (does this expression exist in English? Do you understand what I'm saying?). He was planning to return to his lawyer activity or so he said after leaving/retiring from PJ. Being found guilty, he might be expelled from the Lawyers Bar and therefore forbiden to exercise lawyer's actvities. I'm sure he was betting on how low this possibility was, as there aren't many cases in spite of many lawyers having been convicted of many things. However, in the meantime, a new Bar bastonário (sort of president) has been elected and this is not one of the kind to turn his head in the other direction especially with Leonor's case. He has been outspoken and clear about this: she deserves justice.
This election (held last December if I'm not mistaken) may have been a blow for GA. He needed a quick plan B. That's when he decided on writing this book, for which he asked for the help of a currently active lawyer, probably to try to ensure he wouldn't break the law. Remember his first plan was to publish it AFTER the secrecy lifting. Also, rumours at the time pointed to the charging of the McCanns of, if nothing else, neglect. This type of people always take gossip for decision.
But the prosecutor's and Paulo Rebelo's approach to the case were definitely different from his: they wouldn't rely on 'hearsay', they could read reports on DNA and interpret dogs findings, they wouldn't draw decisions from peoples looks, etc.
They were however tied up in someway-- and GA knew it: it was PJ's name and responsibility at stake, not his, for any and every thing done or not done in this investigation. They couldn't do much more than what they have done: conclude for the inexistance of evidences in spite of the hudge time, resources and money put into the investigation.
Another blow for GA. His friends started leaking confidential reports, his publishers (they want their money!) forced him to advance the publishing date, the McCanns will have a full month (judicial holidays) to study the book and prepare the libel suit, Leonor's trial coming up. Given all these leaks, there even might be an idependent inquiry, the Presecutor General is another 'tough bone', but this would only apply to PJ, I think.
Winning Leonor's case is his little vindication and buys him time. He may achieve that, as there are no previous convictions and the 'jury judge' (is it juror?) may be highly influenced by sympathy towards a 'cop disgraced by politicians and rich people'. Just one more judge missing, still achievable. And that Bar bastonário will not be able to expel him.
As for the libel suit(s) that may be another story. It (they) will take place in normal courts, but he is betting on the time these cases take in Portugal. He won't worry about his TIR, as I've said already they are very common and nobody takes notice of them. After a first unfavourable or deemed unfair result one can always 'recur' to a higher court and the process may go up two or three steps. It may be fast or take ages, nobody can predict.
And that's plan C. The McCanns won't get any damages. After everything is settled, years from now, the courts will discover GA doesn't own any money or assets, so he can't pay. I don't know about court expenses. The Bar bastonário will have changed. He already received his money from the book, the extra work as lawyer/law consultant and his pension. All of it 'eaten' by inflation and off-shores.
It is sickening, but I hope Madeleine and her family will still get some justice in all this: the recognition of their innocence, the restart of the hunt for her and, hopefully, her coming home.
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Gonc tries to release his book - Page 4 Empty GA and the Portuguese Press

Post by Guest Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:48 pm

It is nice to see the British press showing a dignified silence on the crap now being displayed by the Portuguese press. Also the disgraced ex-PJ could learn a thing or two from the dignified silence being shown at this time by the British Police.
One thing Amaral and his corrupt cronies will learn in due course is....the British may seem slow on the uptake....but when they do heaven help them!
But to be honest..in my opinion the British will not need to become involved. Amaral is signing his own death warrant within Portugal. He is making a mockery of their own laws and his ex fellow officers and legal system.
I think it will be the Portuguese who deal with this self opinionated, vile excuse for a man.

Back to top Go down

Gonc tries to release his book - Page 4 Empty Re: Gonc tries to release his book

Post by janeGT Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:55 pm

I agree with that Mum21. Amaral is not in my view helping himself at all with this publicity for his nasty, vicious book. Hope it helps him receive more of a sentence in September along with his 4 other henchmen.

rearrange GONC AMARAL

and you get GO CRAM ANAL

best ad for his book you could wish for.

To think he has 3 children of his own. Beggars belief. affraid
janeGT
janeGT
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Gonc tries to release his book - Page 4 Empty Jane

Post by Guest Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:03 pm

I think before very long somebody will GO CRAM his book up his ANAL.
And it won't be the British that do it either.

Back to top Go down

Gonc tries to release his book - Page 4 Empty Re: Gonc tries to release his book

Post by janeGT Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:08 pm

ha ha I would gladly *walk* to Portugal to help. I would wrap his 'book' in barbed wire and sharred glass too ... and insert it SIDEWAYS.

ah I feel better now. :x what a lovely sunny bright cheery morning. Laffin that thought will keep me going for days.

The fact they are even allowing this 'book' to see the light of day at all speaks volumes to me about the morals of that country.

pathetic doesn't begin to cover it. confused :twisted: :x
janeGT
janeGT
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:09 am

McCann family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: "Mr Amaral will face immediate and swift legal action if he in any way implies, either directly or indirectly, that Kate and Gerry were involved in the disappearance or harming of their daughter.

"Beyond that I will not comment. The lawyers will be studying Mr Amaral's book as a matter of some urgency."

In one extract Mr Amaral claimed that British police held back a potentially important lead for six months.

He wrote that a serious allegation was passed on to Leicestershire Police on May 16 2007, less than a fortnight after Madeleine disappeared. But he alleged that the UK force did not communicate the information to their Portuguese counterparts until after he was removed from the case in October.

Leicestershire Police declined to comment on the allegation.

+++++++++++++
Awwwww goncy baby don't cry!!!!Its alright....im sure the money you have from selling your sick book will pay any legal costs your about to be face with. What were you told Hey!!!!!Tut.Tut.Tut...just don't know how to behave do ya Laffin Laffin

Ididn'tdoit ...............Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes he did!!!!
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Gonc tries to release his book - Page 4 Empty Gonc releases his libellous lies.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:41 am

What we have to remember here is Claudia does not represent the average Portuguese citizen. She represents the minority of sick minded, vicious Amaral adorers. She does not want justice...she wants blood and glory.
Again I repeat...our press and our policeforce are keeping a dignified silence.
The Portuguese press and Amaral are doing Portugal no favours in the eyes of the world.
But more importantly....Amaral is doing himself no favours. At the end of the day justice will prevail. Of that I have no doubt!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:13 am

This man would sell his own grandmother down the river. At the end of the day, whatever he puts in print does not alter what the Attorney General announced on Monday and that is, AFTER 14 months, their is NO evidence of any crime having been committed by Kate or Gerry McCann.

Claptrap, Gonc et al can spin it whatever way they like, they only continue to embarrass themselves and appear increasingly desperate.

It is so blatantly obvious what the man is doing, all I can say is, he must be extremely worried about his upcoming trial and rightly so!

We've had nigh on 14 months of leaks and smears, many of which imo were orchestrated by this man and those he could still manage to manipulate or who remained loyal to him. I fully expect his book of sour grapes to just be an extension of that. He was removed after ONLY 5 months into a 14 month investigation, even the new man in charge Rebelo didnt consult with him after. Ribeiro said he had been too hasty, so it would appear to me people were distancing themselves from the man that had lead them down a blind alley.

I'm glad Rodrigues has confirmed as and when there is a credible lead to follow they will pursue it, its what one would fully expect, as they haven't ruled out the case being reopened if new evidence comes to light.
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:14 am

By Fiona Govan in Lisbon
Last Updated: 11:05PM BST 24 Jul 2008

Speaking at the launch of his book, Goncalo Amaral said: "Yes, there were failings, but there will be no apology - I was just doing my job."

He recognised that the publication of the book would be upsetting for the McCanns but felt it was something he had to write.

"Of course I am worried about their feelings, they lost their child and I have sympathy with all parents who have lost a child in such circumstances," he said at a department store in the capital Lisbon.

"This is not about revenge or persecution of the McCanns and we can discuss the case in court if they want," he said referring to reports that the couple were planning legal action over allegations made in the 214 page tome..

His motivation to write the book was to record the "facts" of the investigation and for readers to make up their own mind, he said.

Publishers revealed they were currently negotiating foreign rights for the book and they expected it to be translated into English.

The former chief inspector, who was sacked from the case after publicly criticising the British police, also said his removal at such a critical time had jeopardised the case.

"If I had stayed on I would have got further with the case," he claimed.

Several hundred people queued up to collect copies of "Maddie The truth of the Lie" and many congratulated Mr Amaral for his courage to speak out
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There were failings but I wont apologise????
Didn't think so ...cold hearted twisted b####ds don't usually feel the need to do such a thing
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:23 am

He recognised that the publication of the book would be upsetting for the McCanns but felt it was something he had to write.

"Of course I am worried about their feelings, they lost their child and I have sympathy with all parents who have lost a child in such circumstances," he said at a department store in the capital Lisbon.

"This is not about revenge or persecution of the McCanns and we can discuss the case in court if they want,"
+++++++++

Then whats it about then lard ar##??

he recognises this is going to be upsetting for them???Then why do it???You see this is the kind of behavior that as always confused me.Why would a person know dam well they are about to hurt someones feeling so much..especially when they are struggling through each day to live a life as normal as can be expected........Why would they go ahead and write a book which is going to devastate this family.Its not for revenge or to persecute them...(so he says) So whats it for then lardy boy???££$$??

Im going to write a book called 'how to be a complete b####d' and im going to dedicate it to him.
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Gonc tries to release his book - Page 4 Empty Go On Gonc

Post by dianeh Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:02 am

translate the book into English. See if you can avoid libel laws then. Libel may not be considered important in the Portuguse judicial system but you are in for a big shock when if it is ever published in Britain, US, Canada or Aust.

I doubt any publisher in an English speaking country would publish it, knowing the strictness of the libel laws. As I have said previously, there are certain things that are considered libel per se, which means you cannot preface it with a 'IMO', as it doesnt count. Accusing someone of major crimes such as murder or fraud, or various other things is libel per se. Our publisher know that. And the most important thing to note on libel per se, is that only the truth is a defence and damages do not have to be proven, they are assumed. So to receive huge payouts, all that has to happen is for libel per se to be proven. In standard libel cases, damages must be proven, so it is possible to win a libel suit and receive no damages and have to pay your own costs, making it not worthwhile to fight the libel, if the damage is only minimal. And just by the excerpts we have seen, it would seem that libel per se, is a pretty good bet.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Gonc tries to release his book - Page 4 Empty Quote from Gonc

Post by Guest Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:05 pm

The former chief inspector, who was sacked from the case after publicly criticising the British police, also said his removal at such a critical time had jeopardised the case.

I bet you would you evil bast-rd.....you would have used your usual methods. Beat them up until they were black and blue.
But being the coward we KNOW you are....you would have got your men to do it so as your hands stayed clean. Gonc...you are nothing better than a BIG FAT TURD! A man with no scruples...a man born without a heart.

Back to top Go down

Gonc tries to release his book - Page 4 Empty Re Go On Gonc

Post by maria Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:54 pm

Go On Gonc, indeed.

As I said somewhere else in the blog, just give him rope.

Yesterday he felt over the moon with the interviews, the public and the odd support of PJ's people: 2 linked to former Direction Boards and none to current, ASFIC president and some investigators well known to have actively opposed Alipio Ribeiro's policies and decisions, the sell out of the book. He also got some idependent theoretical support but critical at the same time 'he should have considered the homicide hypothesis from start ...' .

He became somewhat less defensive and allowed the real agenda to come out: 'with a different prosecutor the outcome of the investigation would have been different...', 'pressure from PJ's top direction influenced the course...'.

It is now clear he is using this case for his own long last political battle against PJ and PGR themselves. His own goals. Not against the McCanns nor for Madeleine.

Which makes it even more serious and horrendous. No where in the democratic world is this tolerated and I would dare to say even attempted so low it is.

He also involved new people, namely McCanns friends.

But the world didn't stop. I heard Carence say McCanns' lawyers were now representing their friends as well. I hope the same is happening with the portuguese legal team. Today in the news it was refered that PJ is analysing the book.

It is just starting. Give him the rope...
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Gonc tries to release his book - Page 4 Empty Go On Gonc

Post by Guest Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:28 pm

Thank you Maria for keeping us informed on the Portuguese news regarding this book. It looks as though Gonc is in for a very rough ride.

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:31 pm

Rope is too good. I would prefer hot coals.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Gonc tries to release his book - Page 4 Empty Go On Then Butter Mountain-Published And Be Damned (In Britain etc)

Post by Rosie Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:43 pm

clairesy wrote:By Fiona Govan in Lisbon
Last Updated: 11:05PM BST 24 Jul 2008

Speaking at the launch of his book, Goncalo Amaral said: "Yes, there were failings, but there will be no apology - I was just doing my job."

"This is not about revenge or persecution of the McCanns and we can discuss the case in court if they want," he said referring to reports that the couple were planning legal action over allegations made in the 214 page tome..

His motivation to write the book was to record the "facts" of the investigation and for readers to make up their own mind, he said.

Publishers revealed they were currently negotiating foreign rights for the book and they expected it to be translated into English.

Several hundred people queued up to collect copies of "Maddie The truth of the Lie" and many congratulated Mr Amaral for his courage to speak out
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There were failings but I wont apologise????
Didn't think so ...cold hearted twisted b####ds don't usually feel the need to do such a thing

Goncalo Amaral is finished. My opinion? Of course it is, however, this is an opinion based on years of watching corrupt politicians and authorities wriggle on the hook, desperately trying to get off. What we are watching is Amaral's swan song, his parting shot. This is all he has in his hand and he has played it, he is now laid bare. The troubles coming for him, is not going to come from those people queuing up to buy this man's book, those are the kind of people that we find deliberately driving to the site of a catastrophe to gawk at unfortunate victims, in the aftermath of some kind of disaster, better known as "rubber neckers". The majority of people buying this book have no interest in Goncalo Amaral, they do not even have any interest in Madeleine, most of these people think this poor child is dead and have no problem with the fact that the policia judiciaria, under Goncalo Amaral, stopped looking for Madeleine in June 2007, just about 3 weeks after the child vanished. They just want to read the gory details that Amaral has been promising them, once they have done this, this book (if it can be termed a book) is just going to gather dust on their bookshelves, or in piles in the squalid living rooms of antis like the mad axe murderer, the next time Amaral will see these people is outside the court when he is driven off to prison after losing his trial for perjury and perverting the course of justice, in the Leonor Cipriano case. This is just the kind of people they are, "car crash onlooker dummies".

Grease ball Goncalo Amaral and his seedy publishers, will never release this book in English in any civilised English speaking country, because they know they cannot, they know if they do they will be sued for libel, it is as simple as that, please do not overlook the obvious here, if Amaral, unaffectionally better known as "Lardy Boy" knows he will be prosecuted for libel in the more democratic of countries, then he and his supporters are very aware of the fact, that what he has written is nothing more than a pack of lies. Just about everything in this publication is based on hot air, (Gonc's hot and rancid air), there is no proof, no substance to his claims, they are not even remotely sensible, in fact, they are often bizarre and fanciful and as ridiculously stupid as the man himself. This man has turned himself into the 'Walter Mitty' of Portugal.

Why do I think this? I am basing this on the reactions from the upper echelons in Portugal, the prosecutors, the judges and the senior politicians and of course Portugal's tourist board. They all realise what damage this man is single handed doing to Portugal's reputation overseas, they know that he has turned the country into a laughing stock, they fully realise that people now view Portugal's entire police force, the "policia judiciaria" as some kind of latter day Keystone Kops, the bunglers, the Laurel and Hardy's of the modern world. More importantly, they fully realise what damage he has done and continues to do, to the reputation of the country as a whole, they know that however badly Portugal's tourist industry has been hit thus far, is nothing to how badly it will be hit next year, in an world of economic slow down, where people can become choosy as to where they spend their holiday euros on, with a whole cheaper and sunnier Europe to choose from, where they and their family feel and indeed are better protected, why on earth would they choose Portugal to holiday in? Why would they risk taking their precious children to Portugal? It is now becoming evident that they are not safe there, they are in danger, after all they still have what is in all probability a serial child abductor/s on the loose and if God forbid, this happened again, they the parents, or the guardians of these children, could and probably would be blamed for their disappearance, so why would any sane person risk going on holiday to Portugal?

This is extremely damaging to Portugal and Portugal's government is well aware of it and so are the above mentioned, this is why we have seen them distancing themselves from Goncalo Amaral and his publication and quite simply it will be these people that do for Portugal's very own "butter mountain" in the end.

Amaral of course is now slowly realising this and I say slowly, because this is what this man is - slow! This is why he has timed this book now (1) For maximum euros, using Madeleine and her parents as cash cows and (2) This he (Amaral) thought would be his opening defence in his coming trial. For those of us who feel anger at the way this man has shamelessly used missing little Madeleine McCann, the child this man failed in every possible way, one small solace is that this has backfired on him, big time! What he thought would be his opening defence has turned on him, he is a fool because again, he did not see this coming, he was blinded by greed and the euro signs in his eyes, he should have postponed the release of this book when he saw the powers that be in Portugal start to turn on him, but as ever his own stupidity and arrogance coupled with the greed to make money out of Madeleine, prevented him from seeing what was happening.

Portugal has a very different system of justice to the UK etc, often it is the aforementioned judges that hold the power to convict and Goncalo Amaral has just pissed them all off, hardly the way to open your defence in an already overwhelmingly bad situation, where a judge has already decreed that Amaral & Co has a very serious case to answer.

I believe where Amaral may have just gotten away with his past behaviour, he has just now and all on his own, sealed his own fate. He can look forward to going to prison and it could not have happened to a more worthy recipient than the slow and cumbersome, mentally challenged Goncalo Amaral and when next year the economic slowdown and the lack of UK tourists really does bite Portugal very, very hard, all those "rubber neckers" as well as the more liberal minded decent Portuguese citizen will turn so ferociously on Goncalo Amaral, that he had better hope and pray that yesterday's queues and the sales from his dirty untrue words, are enough to sustain his greedy lifestyle once he emerges from prison. Somehow, I do no think that there will be, especially, if Kate and Gerry McCann decide to press charges for libel in Portugal, they of course will not be in it for the money, they will be doing this to clear their name and this heralds a huge danger for Amaral, what little he does make from this publication could be swallowed up in compensation and colossal legal bills.

Another question I have, if Amaral is convicted in his forthcoming trial, will he lose his police pension too?

I believe in my opinion, that "Lardy Boy's" book is today's chip paper and he is going to be forever known as that shady cop, that failed Madeline McCann, tried to frame her parents and then tried to make money out of them all and then went to prison for trying to do much the same by blaming the mother and uncle, in the case of another missing child.

Oh an Gonc 'old boy' don't think that shaving off your moustache will save you from hearing the clink of those doors slamming behind you and the turning of those keys in all those locks, because it will not. Sporting your newly clean shaven look, wasn't lost on me and neither was the real reason why you did it. The fact that you thought this could make a difference, actually lays bear your intellect and your understanding of the people you have tried to fool.

All the above, in my opinion of course.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by janeGT Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:24 am

I am glad GONC AMARAL aka GO CRAM ANAL
HAS published this filthy distortion. I am GLAD he is regarding himself as a 'star' in Portugal. I am glad he is courting press, media and the public in his campaign for 'me me me' the only person he has ever cared about.

WHY????????????

because the more this low life does, the more we have to bring down and the more his trial in just over a month's time will have in their hands EVIDENCE of the creep he is. GOOD.

We can all laugh last and longest then, when he is not crucified because of his views and stance, he will simply and brilliantly for us, COMMIT professional and personal SUICIDE because of his arrogance and brash belief he is untouchable. I do not want in any way for him to be given some misplaced 'martyr' or 'hero' status which he and his injured pride seem to crave. His conceit and arrogance know no bounds. Let's hope they are 'tamed' and 'pruned' in about 6 weeks' time. can't wait. wish I could buy a ticket for front row in that court room.

oh no he's not any kind of role model or truth teller.

Laffin

he will have a lot longer than a four hour lunch in the place he will end up in with his 4 chums for company if they act on what is in front of them....unless they are too scared.

PS the full PJ police report, very very very long, - is available from the mccann files.com, and an english translation is already today on briansdreams.com page in entirety. strange reading.
janeGT
janeGT
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by janeGT Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:48 am

rosiepops

re amaral and his pension

You asked about his pension if he is jailed. In my view, if our system here applies equally in Portugal, he left as a serving officer, he thus was up until then entitled to his pension, up until his 'resignation'.............as being forced to resign, is not literally a 'sacking' it is cloaked in safe clauses. I think he will need any pension he gets to pay for the huge compensation claims which will be made against him when he greedily feels he is on a 'roll' and publishes everywhere in a fit of 'glorified success' to find.............

it is no such thing, it is, in essence him signing his own death warrant.

I just feel sorry for his 3 kids. How 'proud' of their dad must they feel? the knock on effect with tourism and the Portuguese govt will follow and the EU in my view have also been watching this very closely indeed.

The sh*t has only just hit the fan. The areas to be slopped on is only just in its infancy. Just wait.

:twisted:
janeGT
janeGT
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:40 am

No I'm sorry, its not good enough to say there wont be any apologies, I was just doing my job! Just doing your job imo means at least doing the basics, like sealing off a crime scene for one. But imo you didnt did you, you didnt even do the basics. 🇳🇴

How arrogant can you get. You was in charge of that investigation, it wasn't just any job, a little girls life was/is at stake here!.

You are right about one thing, people WILL make up their own mind, just like the Portuguese Attorney General did, that AFTER 14 months of facts (not just 5) there was NO evidence of any crime having been committed by Kate or Gerry McCann. Now, what part of that can you not understand!
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:17 am

Surly gonc would be eligible for suing no matter what language his book is written in???Not sure but if hes accusing them he's accusing them regardless of how he says it???
Rosie I have also wondered about the pension thing.If this thing of man is sacked does he lose his pension...and if he goes to jail does he lose his pension.
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:11 am

Claire

His pension. As far as I know, anyone who is in jail is still entitled to her/his pension, if s/he receiving one. If s/he is sentenced to pay damages or otherwise has a debt and s/he doesn't have money or assets to repay it, s/he will see the pension cut off of a given percentage. I'm not completely sure, but I believe this is close to the truth.

Sueing. I tried yesterday and today to speak to the PGR office as well as the Lawyers Bar. Coudn't get through to a real expert, be him prosecutor or lawyer. Won't tell you the answers I've got from the administratives who answered the phone, I'm too ashamed.

But sueing, I believe, should take place in the country where the book is published, that is, for now as the book is only published here, the McCanns can only sue in Portugal. If the book is published in the UK then a lawsuit can be started in the UK, etc. That's my belief, as UK courts have no jurisdiction over what happens here and vice versa.

I know nothing about law but I believe the lawsuit here will have to be based on the CONSTITUTIONAL rigth to a good name and reputation, as the book, not publishings lies (but pieces of the process) is written from an individual, therefore subjective, standpoint. In other words, the publication of pieces of or the whole process does not have the objective of finding the truth whichever it might be, but as stated, to 'clean' someone's name and reputation, without any concern of other's names and reputations. This is my opinion. And if I'm right, gosh, McCanns legal team will have a lot of work! I may even being saying an evidence to you, but as I already explained this type of concerns (good name and honnour) are still a bit allien to our society, our democracy is only 30 something years old.
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:09 am

Hi maria,

thanks for that..makes sense I suppose..I think the mccanns are trying to work out through lawyers what his book details though...I hope they make a successful law suit against him to be honest. And i think its only what he deserves given the circumstances. His investigating into this case and joanas..as been a bad advert for portugal where im sure there are many good police officers working their backsides off to fight crime etc there.
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:15 am

Just found this article on the madeleine news section although I can read it as its in another language.Could be Portuguese.......looks it......IM interested as I can pick out madeleine joana gonc and the privates met 3????please someone...maria...helen???HELP!!!!!!!!Ithink the news channel is called notice de journel??

Mentiu sobre Maddie e quase acabou morto
MARISA RODRIGUES

Um ex-recluso, que queria ganhar dinheiro em troca de informações sobre Madeleine McCann e Joana Guerreiro, acabou por ser vítima da própria mentira. Garante ter sido alvo de extorsão e tentativa de homicídio por parte de detectives privados da Método 3, a quem prometera fazer revelações.

A Polícia Judiciária (PJ) de Faro investiga a denúncia. O ex-presidiário terá contactado a agência espanhola, contratada pelos McCann para investigar o desaparecimento da filha. Garantia ter informações sobre a menina inglesa e também sobre Joana - a menina da aldeia de Figueira, em Portimão, desaparecida em Setembro de 2004 - fornecidas por João Cipriano, que cumpre pena pelo homicídio da sobrinha. Os dois ter-se-ão conhecido na cadeia.

O homem dizia que Cipriano lhe havia contado que tinha fotografias recentes de Joana, que provavam que a menina estava viva. Afirmava, ainda, saber o que aconteceu a Maddie. Combinou vários encontros com os de detectives, que acabaram por pagar por informações, que nunca chegaram a obter. O ex-recluso "ia adiando as reuniões e inventava sucessivas desculpas", contou, ao JN, fonte policial.

Fartos de esperar e sentindo-se enganados, os espanhóis terão perdido a paciência e exigiram, à força, que lhes contasse o que dizia saber. Segundo a vítima contou à PJ, quando caminhava na berma de uma estrada, nos arredores de Faro, foi alvo de uma tentativa de atropelamento. O JN tentou, sem sucesso, obter a reacção da Método 3.

Gonçalo Amaral, ex-coordenador do caso Maddie, chegou a ser titular do inquérito, mas pediu para ser afastado. O investigador alegou incompatibilidades, uma vez que está envolvido no processo das alegadas agressões à mãe de Joana. Está acusado dos crimes de omissão de denúncia e falso testemunho.
estatísticasEstatísticas
partilharPartilhar
[?]
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Gonc tries to release his book - Page 4 Empty Maria

Post by dianeh Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:51 pm

I would be surprised to find that someone can print a pack of lies defaming someone and not be punished under the law. It isnt just a question of reputation. It is about someone deliberately printing false information with the purpose of defamation. This is what Gonc is doing to the McCanns. His book is spreading deliberate lies (which he knows to be false and he cannot prove them) with the intention of ruining the reputation of the McCanns. Portugal allows civil actions and this will be one type of action that is there. It doesnt matter that you have had very few public libel cases. It will still happen.

Additionally, items published on the web are generally considered to belong to the country which owns the service. So if a google blog was being sued, it would probably be done in the US, regardless of where the authors live. You can verify this yourself by looking up internet libel cases. Many are international.

I also beleive that if the book is printed in English and sold in English speaking countries,then he will be sued in those countries.

Sadly for Gonc, the world is very small now. And one cannot hide between weak libel laws in a single country. His accusations are being printed world wide, and he made them, so he is responsible.

They will get him. And it doesnt matter how much of the book is untrue, there only needs to be enough to damage the McCanns reputation. And accusing them of murder for example, could be a single sentence that in Britain would end up with Gonc declaring bankruptcy. And for libel, it is not possible to hide behind opinion. In other words I cannot say, In my opinion the McCanns murdered Madeleine. That is libel. You can have opinions on things but not when they are written with the express purpose of defamation. This is fairly standard in a large number of western countries, and I would be surprised if Portugal didnt have the same type of laws. As I said, they may not have been applied, but they will be there.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next