Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAEDOPHILE RING WITH LINK TO MADELEINE MCCANN JAILED

+8
bluj1515
Cath
Pedro Silva
rosemary
AlexG
maria
vee8
jackf
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PAEDOPHILE RING WITH LINK TO MADELEINE MCCANN JAILED Empty PAEDOPHILE RING WITH LINK TO MADELEINE MCCANN JAILED

Post by jackf Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:10 pm

This is an article from the Sunday Express.
Despite what is in the press, it is good to read that Clarence Mitchell has said they have nothing to link any of this to Madeleine's disappearance.

UK NEWS

PEADOPHILE RING WITH LINK TO MADELEINE MCCANN JAILED

Madeleine McCann disappeared in Portugal
Sunday September 5,2010
By James Murray

A GROUP of rich and powerful men in Portugal have been jailed for their involvement in a paedophile ring which some believe is linked to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
A former ambassador, a television presenter, a doctor and a lawyer were found guilty on Friday after an eight-year investigation and a six-year trial which shook the country, with 32 men giving evidence of hundreds of crimes committed against them when they were children.

Members of the ring snatched children as they slept at the state-run Casa Pia orphanages in Lisbon and took them to grand houses to endure sickening abuse.
One of the abused boys, Pedro Namora, is now a lawyer and was a key witness in the case.
He wants Portuguese detectives to continue their probe as he believes the ring may be connected to the disappearance of Madeleine at the Praia da Luz resort on the Algarve in May 2007.
Speaking to the Sunday Express, Mr Namora said: “During the summer children were taken to the summer homes of paedophiles on the Algarve. It was highly organised and involved a lot of planning and control.
“It is possible that those connected with the ring who have not been caught may be involved in Madeleine’s disappearance. I do think detectives should look at this possibility. No stone should be left unturned.”
Although most of the abuse involved hundreds of boys, he said some girls also fell victim to the gang.
One man arrested in the case and later released without charge was said to have had a great interest in the ancient underground tunnels running under Praia da Luz.
There were emotional scenes at the Lisbon court house as two judges read out the punishment to the men, once regarded as being among the country’s great and good.
Socialite Carlos Cruz, once Portugal’s most popular television presenter, was sentenced to seven years in prison.
The 68-year-old father of two was found guilty of having sex with a 14-year-old and abusing another boy. Cruz said: “There is no proof of my guilt. This brings back memories of Portugal under dictatorship.”
A former Portuguese ambassador to Unesco, Jorge Ritto, 74, was jailed for six years and doctor Ferreira Diniz got seven years.
Former Casa Pia ombudsman Manuel Abrantes should have been safeguarding the boys but he was also an abuser. He was sentenced to five years.
Casa Pia caretaker Carlos Silvino, 53, known as Bibi, used to pluck sleeping boys from their beds and take them away to abuse them or pass to others.
He confessed to 600 crimes and was given the longest sentence of 18 years.
Mr Namora, who was in court along with four other victims, said: “These men have to be condemned. They committed barbaric crimes against humanity.”
Catalina Pestana, who has run Casa Pia since the crimes were reported in 2002, said: “The stories that I heard were the most terrible of my life.
“Now when a child accuses an adult, nobody will look with the same lack of attention that they did for many years.”
Clarence Mitchell, spokesman for Madeleine’s parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, said they had been closely following the Casa Pia case but did not have a lead linking Madeleine’s disappearance to the paedophile ring.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/197591/Peadophile-ring-with-link-to-Madeleine-McCann-jailed

Last edited by jackf on Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total

jackf
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Back to top Go down

PAEDOPHILE RING WITH LINK TO MADELEINE MCCANN JAILED Empty Re: PAEDOPHILE RING WITH LINK TO MADELEINE MCCANN JAILED

Post by vee8 Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:26 pm

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Portugal-Child-Abuse-Six-Men-Jailed-For-Abusing-32-Children-In-Casa-Pia-Case/Article/201009115712910?lpos=World_News_Second_World_News_Article_Teaser_Region_4&lid=ARTICLE_15712910_Portugal_Child_Abuse%3A_Six_Men_Jailed_For_Abusing_32_Children_In_Casa_Pia_Case

Six men have been jailed for sexually abusing dozens of children at a state-run care home after a trial lasting almost six years which has gripped and horrified Portugal.

Former TV presenter Carlos Cruz arrives at court for sentencing

Those condemned include a television presenter, a lawyer, a former ambassador and a doctor.

The abuse happened at the Casa Pia children's home in Lisbon.

Carlos Silvino, a driver and gardener at the home who helped procure boys to be abused at orgies, was sentenced to 18 years.

The 53-year-old, the only defendant to have pleaded guilty, had admitted more than 600 counts of abuse and gave evidence against the others.

Carlos Cruz, a veteran TV presenter, was sentenced to seven years, while Jorge Ritto, a former Unesco ambassador, was given six years and eight months.

Now, when a child accuses an adult, nobody will look with the same lack of attention that they did for many years.

Casa Pia's current boss, Catalina Pestana
Six victims - now aged between 16 and 22 - punched the air and cheered when the verdicts were returned.

One of them, Bernardo Teixeira, said: "The court recognised that we were telling the truth. It's a happy ending for us. The paedophiles are going to jail."

The scandal emerged in 2002 when a victim accused Silvino of raping him. A year-long police investigation led to what is believed to be the longest-running court case in Portuguese history.

Some observers have said the process has highlighted the slowness and inefficiency of Portuguese courts. The judges heard 920 witnesses in 460 court sessions.

Casa Pia was founded in 1780 to help care for the hundreds of children orphaned by a massive earthquake five years earlier.

Casa Pia now cares for about 4,500 children

It now cares for around 4,500 orphans and children whose parents cannot care for them.

Catalina Pestana, who was put in charge of Casa Pia after the crimes were first reported, said: "The stories that I heard were the most terrible of my life.

"I think Portugal, the country, all of us, won a lot from this process. Now, when a child accuses an adult, nobody will look with the same lack of attention that they did for many years."

In March 2006, a court ordered the Portuguese government to pay two million euros (£1.6m) in compensation to 44 former Casa Pia residents, saying it had failed in its duty to protect the children.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

PAEDOPHILE RING WITH LINK TO MADELEINE MCCANN JAILED Empty Re: PAEDOPHILE RING WITH LINK TO MADELEINE MCCANN JAILED

Post by maria Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:38 pm

There is no proof whatsoever that these people were part of a ring even less that there is a connection to Madeleine.

Please remove these terms
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexG Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:51 am

Last edited by AlexG on Thu May 05, 2011 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlexG
AlexG
Master
Master

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemary Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:37 am

It´s newspaper talk Maria. This forum knows that and will not automatically assume the headlines are the truth.

rosemary
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:41 am

I agree with you both Maria and Alex. Mr. Mitchell´s words explains it very easily: "they had been closely following the Casa Pia case but did not have a lead linking Madeleine’s disappearance to the paedophile ring".

More disgusting speculation from the press.
pullinghairout

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:56 am

I agree with Maria, there's no proof of that.
I have no doubts there's been children who've been abused, but there's a couple of things that make me have doubts about the investigation, the trial and the convictions.
And I haven't seen any proof that links this case to Madeleine.

Also there's no ancient underground tunnels running under Praia da Luz.

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:09 am

I agree with you Cath.

What upsets me is to see Sky News / other newspapers speculate, when Mr. Mitchell clearly told that there is no link connected neither to Casa Pia nor paedophile about Madeleine McCann case.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:12 am

I know Pedro, it's ridiculous, but it's the way of the press. You know how all newspapers have certain reputations... well the Express has one of the worst, they're one of the papers that paid out the libel award to the McCanns
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by jean Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:32 am

There is no proof whatsoever that these people were part of a ring even less that there is a connection to Madeleine.

Please remove these terms

I don't understand Maria, are you saying these men didn't perform these acts and they have been falsely accused, or that they are not part of a ring of paedophiles and were just commiting these acts between themselves? At one stage in the past when the Casa Pia case came up I did wonder whether it was possible that Madeleine had been taken there.

jean
Master
Master

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:58 am

She's saying they've been falsely accused and there is no evidence of the crimes they are alleged to have committed.
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jackf Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:02 am

Thank you Maria for pointing that out. If innocent people have been convicted then that is a travesty. All of those involved should be exposed and tried no matter what their status, sadly though it seems that doesn't happen, not just in Portugal but in many countries, when there are people in positions of power involved it is covered up and they are not brought to justice. While any of the people guilty of these things are still free then it will carry on IMO.

There was a programme on TV recently about trafficking and abuse and if the perpetrators involved are diplomats there is nothing the police can do because they have immunity, that's awful, it makes them above the law so they can do whatever they please with complete immunity.

jackf
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:42 pm

Since the very beginning here, I have been telling you to be cautious with emotional accusations or adherence to prosecutors/PJ accusations. There isn't ONE single proof, physical, palpable proof connecting the crimes with any one of these accused and even the ones that, during instruction, where illibated. The accused never met before being jailed and that is proved. The 'places' where the crimes are said to have been committed have not been properly identified, even the confessed 'agent' Bibi could not identify properly. There were no indices collected at the arguidos houses, offices, computersw, nothing seized for investigation, not even mobiles. We know these methods very well from other cases, don't we?

No, there is no connection between these people and Madeleine, as there is no connection between these people full stop.
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:26 pm

There is no evidence???

there might very well no be evidence the casa pia case is involved in madeleines abduction however there is evidence that those children at that home were abused.And for that i applaud this investigation on jailing the b@astards involved.

Also until there is evidence that there IS NOT a connection in the Madeleine case i don't believe it it should be ruled out.After all Madeleine is just as much at risk as any other person on this planet of falling victim to sickos like those at casa pia.........because there is no 'type' and no one is exempt from being targeted.

Originally i wrote a longer post but i have just deleted it and shortened it to this,because ..its Monday morning so perhaps im reading a few peoples posts wrong here?? I sure as hell hope so.

CASAPIA is and always has been of interest to me.I believe what those children/adults say happened there.I also believe the ex governess who stated abuse still goes no there without a shadow of doubt.Bring the b@stards down and lock them all up.And while you at it..investigate not only madeleine mccanns abduction but also other abductions and cases of abuse within that area.

Why not??

And check out that tunnel fanatic who as a thing about the tunnels in luz to.Thats is important here i think.

clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:52 pm

Interesting readng - Newspapers I mostly don't believe, but the Lawyer involved in bringing this to justice - Pedro Namora...He lived at Casa Pia when younger didn't he? What would be his reasons for lying?
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:15 pm

Cats
NO ONE is denying abuses at Casa Pia.

Pedro Namora was not THE responsible for undercovering this, there is another lawyer, ex-casapian, Arlindo Granja, on that. Actually, Adelino Granja is the lawyer of the boy who brought up the accusation against Carlos Silvino (Bibi) the driver and sustains to this date that he never saw any of the accused, being them already illibated or currently convicted. (I make an exception here because I'm not sure, about the ex-ambassdor). This position of his ('Joel' is his nick name), so firm, in not accusing THESE 7 people, made Pedro Namora furious and he is on no speaking terms with Adelino Granja now. I find this very odd.

Why is he lying? Don't think he is lying, but he certainly is trying to earn his daily bread (I'm not talking about briberies!!!! I'm talking about work) as he was a very young lawyer with no cases/clients at the time. He didn't miss any opportunity to be in the telly or press, unlike Granja whose position has always been very discrete and goes on being a countryside lawyer.
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:40 pm

maria wrote:Cats
NO ONE is denying abuses at Casa Pia.

Pedro Namora was not THE responsible for undercovering this, there is another lawyer, ex-casapian, Arlindo Granja, on that. Actually, Adelino Granja is the lawyer of the boy who brought up the accusation against Carlos Silvino (Bibi) the driver and sustains to this date that he never saw any of the accused, being them already illibated or currently convicted. (I make an exception here because I'm not sure, about the ex-ambassdor). This position of his ('Joel' is his nick name), so firm, in not accusing THESE 7 people, made Pedro Namora furious and he is on no speaking terms with Adelino Granja now. I find this very odd.

Why is he lying? Don't think he is lying, but he certainly is trying to earn his daily bread (I'm not talking about briberies!!!! I'm talking about work) as he was a very young lawyer with no cases/clients at the time. He didn't miss any opportunity to be in the telly or press, unlike Granja whose position has always been very discrete and goes on being a countryside lawyer.
I hadn't recalled the Lawyer Granja - odd that they don't speak considering they are both after the same thing Justice for the abused children.
If they are looking to end this case (at long last) and please the Public...How do you think..... I mean for what reasons have they chosen which people to accuse ? It's very confusing isn't it?
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:17 pm

If they are looking to end this case (at long last) and please the Public...How do you think..... I mean for what reasons have they chosen which people to accuse ? It's very confusing isn't it?

Cats

Could this hold an answer?

3. Summary of these two points:
a. there is a case of paedophilia and male prostitution fuelled on children/teens from Casa Pia.
b. Some of the prostitutes acted on their own and as pimps, others (most of them?) were driven to the 'meeting places' by Carlos Silvino and it is said by others as well, as it seems there were/are several rings operating at Casa Pia.
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:42 pm

maria wrote:

Cats

Could this hold an answer?

3. Summary of these two points:
a. there is a case of paedophilia and male prostitution fuelled on children/teens from Casa Pia.
b. Some of the prostitutes acted on their own and as pimps, others (most of them?) were driven to the 'meeting places' by Carlos Silvino and it is said by others as well, as it seems there were/are several rings operating at Casa Pia.

weren't theses 'prostitutes' and 'pimps' children? can someone please fill me in here because im not liking the sound of this,i dont like where it appears to be leading.I appear to have missed something??

Because i don't for a minuit doubt the word of those who stood in court and spoke of the horrors they went through

also if someone didn't see one of the accused at the place where they were abused that doesn't mean the accused didn't abuse others.I believe they are accused for a reason.The victims jumped and punched the air when they were found guilty.I bet they did,im pleased for them,justice at last.

Its a shame though they aint found everyone and brought them down,because i would put my last penny on betting there are a hell of a lot more people involved in the casapia case.

This guy,the child who was abused and grew up to be a solicitor and then went on to prosecute the accused might seem very determined to some, a little more enthusiastic than others who are solicitors on the case,but then i think i would be to if i thought i was in a more powerful position to bring the b@stards down who had hurt me.Good on him,well done.

clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:16 am

Clairsey, I don't think you're reading any of this right, no one is saying that abuse didn't happen at Casa Pia, in terms of using the terms prostitutes, etc. I think you're forgetting that there's a language barrier. Yes, they were children and teens and were abused by more powerful adults.

However, it's not good enough to just be happy that SOMEONE went down for a crime. There's no evidence linking any of these men to each other, and there's no evidence that places them at these scenes, except the testimony of the victims, and sometimes only 1 victim, who only saw a glance of the face.

Some of these people are very damaged because of what they went through, and if there is pressure on them to identify certain people and to detail the way certain things happened in a certain way, they will, because they are so relieved that someone is finally helping them. That's proven, that's clinical, and it's happened in other similar cases. It's unscrupulous people taking advantage of other people's very real abuse and very real pain for their own ends.

It is not justice to convict people who are not involved and it's not justice to stop at 7 probably unrelated people when the real perpetrators are out there scot-free.

ETA: Considering what we know about the PJ and the Portuguese system I'm surprised you're satisfied that they were "accused for a reason" - there could be lots of reasons - to protect someone else, to distract the people, because someone didn't like them, etc.
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:40 am

i can see that blue although the Portuguese system is not run by the victims ..and it is the victims who have pointed these animals out.

I understand that no one is saying abuse hasn't gone on at the home blue.But im confused as to why an adult who as yet again been hurt over and over by a governments twisted system is being doubted?It isnt the victims who are covering up anything so surly if they have identified an abuser then so be it?Are they to be called liars?
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:10 am

It's not run by the victims, but it is run by people who have a reason to want to serve up some people to make the whole thing go away rather than have a full inquiry and reveal it all.

Maria said that these people who are accused are not very powerful people, even if they are famous, etc. they are not the most connected, not the most powerful - just famous enough to avoid accusations that the government fitted people up to just make it go away.

It's not that all of them are lying. But they have been presented this information after 20 years, 30 years, and they are identifying people on the basis of glances in dark doorways. And those people were presented to them not in a lineup where they could pick the person out, but as the accused, as an abuser. It creates something biased. And these are people desperate to have justice done, elated they are finally being listened to (understandably).

I don't think they are all liars, but I think they have been used, and vigilante justice is no justice at all.

Their testimony has been very limited in terms of identification but heavy on what was done to them, and yet 7 people are going to jail on that basis.

The authorities should have done FAR more research, FAR more investigation to pin those people at least to that area during the times of the alleged abuse, etc. and they didn't. That's troubling.
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:03 am

There can be many reasons why these victims are pointing the finger at the wrong people.

1. They may not actually remember who it was and so believe the police
2. They may beleive that the men are guilty of abusing other children so want them off the street.
3. They may look like the person who did the abusing.
4. Someone have made these victims an offer they cant refuse.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:12 am

The authorities need to track down all the others who are part of this scandal and lock them up to.Im sure someone would remember who it was who abused them,If they were messed with then the accused wouldn't have been stood in a door way they would have been face to face with the victim,thats what m trying understand here.

How can they be mistaken?

i agree though yes there are most differently higher people involved here to.Who in turn need to be tracked down and locked away.

H diane,

i know some people are sadly mistaken in identifying an abuser. Although in all fairness a lot of those kids were repeatedly abused over a period of years..driven by that scum bibi and taken to houses for sick acts to be carried out on them.I think those who have testified have done so because they are able to hold a strong case against those they remember being abused by.

clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jean Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:23 am

I'm sorry but I'm with Claire on this. These men have been connected to Casa Pia ever since the case has been in the news. Surely when these acts were committed they would have had no need to know each other. Perhaps they attended these orgies at different times, with different people. Of course, we have not had the information that Maria has had in Portugal. But as far as there being men in more powerful positions involved in this, if America could expose ex-president Clinton and his affair, and ex-president Nixon with Watergate, surely there is at least one honest person in government in Portugal that would have seen the corruption and 'blown the whistle'on the ones at the top, or are you saying they are all corrupt??

jean
Master
Master

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next