Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mrs. Kate McCann interview to newspaper 24horas

+7
Tinkerbell43
May
Cath
bluj1515
Catkins
Rosie
Pedro Silva
11 posters

Go down

Mrs. Kate McCann interview to newspaper 24horas Empty Mrs. Kate McCann interview to newspaper 24horas

Post by Pedro Silva Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:46 pm

My friends, here is an interview given by Mrs. McCann to newspaper 24horas:

"I continue to go twice a day to Madeleine´s room.

Gerry and Kate spent yesterday the day in Lisbon.

"Madeleine´s room is the same. Very pink".

Everyday, Kate McCann enters at her daughter´s room and stay there to get the hundreds of gifts that came up during almost three years for the missing girl or just to remind the child. "The room is the same, did not change much, still very pink", told us Madeleine´s mother to 24horas, in a short visit yesterday at Lisbon, to meet with the Portuguese lawyers representing the couple. "I continue to go twice a day at Madeleine´s room. I feel comfortable there inside. It is a sensation of comfort, that is, not pain. And hope also." HOPE, this is the motto of Kate and Gerry McCann. who don´t give up of looking for their daughter, despite of not having stil a reliable lead about the child´s disappearance, on May 3, 2007, at Praia da Luz, Algarve. "We can only hope. There are several cases, some of them even recently, of missing children who are found, and that makles us believe that our daughter coul stil be alive, that is why we continue to have hope", Gerry told, always with his hand on his hand´s wife, showing two colourful wristbands (one green, other yelow) in his right hand, symbolizes, precisely, the hope and the will of not giving up.

Beware with new evidences:

Madeleine´s parents was in Portugal in the week that has mentioned about a strong lead that was not investigated by Portuguese authorities, a photo taken at New Zealand, in which a girl much resembling Madeleine, was seen. This lead, which proved itself without any fundament, was released by a British paper, an attitude which caused disturbance to the couple. This is one of the concerns of Kate and Gerry at the moment. "The British newspapers had access to the information given by a Portuguese procurator which can be dangerous. For example, if there is a lead that is in the proces, which was not investigated by the authorities, which could be important, if that lead was released by the newspapers, it can make that the abductors flee, or even worse then that...",. regretted the British child´s father. "I make an appeal to all newspapers, to not release informations that can be investigated if they were not public", requested Isabel Duarte, the couple´s lawyer. Some of the British newspapers has in their possession al the process, with more then 2000 pages, which are now analysing all leads that were not investigated. "If that was released. it can be also bad for our private investigators, and could even jeopardize their work", explained Gerry.

Isabel Duarte talks of the danger of release new leads from the process:

"Innocent lives could be at risk", warns the couple´s lawyer:

The Portuguese lawyer representing the couple, Isabel Duarte, is very worried about the way the British newspapers had released the lines of the investigation which were not followed by PJ, which are in the process, "mostly sightings", like the lawyer told. Isabel Duarte criticizes, mainly, the way this information was disclosed by the British press. "If the information was not preserved, if it was launched without care, innocent lives could be at steak, even the girl´s life herself". Beyond sigtings, are part of the process, "several countless leads", which were not followed by PJ. "These are also appointments of investigation from foreign police forces, such as Spanish, French or Italian. The Leicester police also sends lots of information to the process". The goal of the couple is to reach the reopening of the process. And to find a viable lead is half way. "We have several tangible elements which deserved the attention of foreign police forces. And that information hasd to be reviewed", explained Isabel Duarte, reminding that the crime-processes can only be reopened through representation of relevant evidence". That is the goal.

Madeleine´s photo at the handbag:

Mrs. McCann continues thin and cannot have her smile. During the more then two hours in the Portuguese lawyer´s office, Madeleine´s mother could smiled once. Dressed with black trousers, black t-shirt, and a blue coat, Kate showed yet a label attached to her handbag where a photo of one of the most images of her daughter with the title: "Don´t give up on me", in english. Below the photo could read an apeal to al persons who have leads about the girl, call to the number: 0044 (0) 845 8384699.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Mrs. Kate McCann interview to newspaper 24horas Empty Re: Mrs. Kate McCann interview to newspaper 24horas

Post by Rosie Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:05 am

Thank you for this Pedro.

I was wondering why Kate and Gerry were in Portugal, I expect it is for talks about the coming libel trial with Amaral. I had also hoped that their presence there may be because a full review of Madeleine's investigation was due to be announced.

What is obvious, is that the Portuguese press are now much more sympathetic towards Kate and Gerry, I think they too are realising just what Goncalo Amaral has been doing and has done and how all he is fighting for is the freedom to make an obscene amount of money out of a missing child, a missing child that he failed so badly!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Mrs. Kate McCann interview to newspaper 24horas Empty Re: Mrs. Kate McCann interview to newspaper 24horas

Post by Catkins Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:51 am

Mrs. Kate McCann interview to newspaper 24horas 907912
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:36 am

Rosie, the change in the attitude of the PT press has been huge and noticeable. I hope Amaral continues to make a fool of himself.
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:39 am

You welcome my friend Rosiepops. Here is a statement from one of the 24horas newspaper chairman:

"The new leads from Madeleine´s case":

The chairman of Portuguese newspaper 24horas wrote at this newspaper this statement about the couple McCann´s appeal yesterday: "The appeal made to the Portuguese journalists has all the support here in Portugal, but, the most important is to prevent British journalists, who has the process in their hands, do not drop the "bombs" first, without measuring consequences, and that is what 24horas will do ".

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:41 am

Pedro you're amazing all those articles and interviews you've posted.
Thank you!

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by May Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:48 am

Thank you Pedro for posting all this information.
May
May
Master
Master

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:28 am

You welcome my friends, thank you for your kind words.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:59 am

Pedro, your translations are invaluable. Having done the full transcript of the London press conference, I know the time this takes and I didnt have to translate!. Thank you, it is very much appreciated by us all.
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:25 am

Pedro Silva wrote:You welcome my friend Rosiepops. Here is a statement from one of the 24horas newspaper chairman:

"The new leads from Madeleine´s case":

The chairman of Portuguese newspaper 24horas wrote at this newspaper this statement about the couple McCann´s appeal yesterday: "The appeal made to the Portuguese journalists has all the support here in Portugal, but, the most important is to prevent British journalists, who has the process in their hands, do not drop the "bombs" first, without measuring consequences, and that is what 24horas will do ".

Thank you so much Pedro and in case anyone is wondering, Maria is having really bad connection problems, she will be back as soon as they are sorted out. I know I miss her greatly.
Just know Pedro that you are valued highly on this forum.

I think the above statement is amazing! This from 24 Horas too! Thank God they are now realising what this poor couple have been put through, I just wish they had realised sooner, then perhaps it would never have come to this. I read on Bonny's that Amaral had been given the tin tack from the CdM, apparently his column was stopped some time ago now, this was when the PT press started to turn on him I think, but to be fair the Expresso always tried to be fair to the McCanns and they do not like Amaral, not one little bit!

So all the press are turning on him, Miguel Tavares and that TV interview, and then these two latest interviews were excellent too.

Goncalo Amaral has got to be feeling very marginalised right now and he has that libel case coming up soon too! I wonder if he still thinks he is going to take this case to ECHR? He must know with everyone now turning against him that he hasn't a cat in hells chance of winning?
It will only be a short matter of time before the PT people start turning on him in droves too!

I must admit with Kate and Gerry in Portugal, I wondered if they had been approached with an out of court settlement? Too much to hope for?
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:36 pm

Rosie, I think the only way Amaral would offer an out of court settlement would be if he changed attorneys. Cabrita, IMHO, is completely in over his head with libel actions and totally committed to the "Amaral" brand, which in his mind would take a hit if Amaral capitulated in an out of court settlement. I could, however, see one of the institutional defendants like the publisher or TV station settling.
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:18 pm

Bluj

I agree with you. Cabrita's strategy has been extremely poor, his witnesses have done a terrific job for the McCanns. He seems to be completely out of his depth.

I also cannot see Amaral settling. And yes for the institutions it will be cheaper and faster to just settle.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:38 pm

I can not see GA settling either Dianeh. He's holding too much grudge towards the McCann's. It looks as if for some reason he holds them responsible for his own mistakes and the stories about him in the papers.

I wonder what will happen if for instance both GA's publisher and the TV company are going to settle. Will that harm GA's case?

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:38 pm

Yes, I agree with you my friend Rosiepops, I also have noticed what you noticed about Maria and I agree also with you, to all our friends here, thank you for your kind words, we are all amazing. Glad to help my friends.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:34 pm

Cath

Interesting question. I believe it would make Gonc's case that much harder to win. But if they settle, then it is because either they cant win, or it is too expensive to fight it. Either way, they will admit liability, and that will hurt Gonc. That is generally why these cases are all taken on separately in court.

If Sans comes for a visit, I would love it if he could give us his opinion on this. Bluj, what do you think?
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:44 am

I don't see anybody settling. As matter of fact, only Amaral is charged for libel, not the publishers or TVI. So they don't have anything to settle...
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:48 am

Ah, thanks Maria, I was trying to remember.
But the McCanns were going to possibly bring actions against them for other reasons, right?
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:55 am

No, the McCanns only want to stop the book , video and any other initiative based on the book. So, from the publishers, video makers and TVI they only want a ban. From Amaral, they want the ban on everything related to his theory and are also seeking damages. It should be noticed that this was not their first intention, the libel case iI mean. That's one of the reasons that this is not a criminal case, just civil.
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:24 am

Thanks Maria for reminding us about that.

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:17 am

Thanks!
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:33 am

Maria,

thanks for explaining that. Still, if the other parties do not fight the ban (probably cost more to fight the ban than to be made from continuing appealing, after all, these companies have already made their money), than that leaves Gonc out there on his own. Not a good look for him.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by calcite51 Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:58 am

Am I mistaken but was 24 Horas not one of the ones that was extremely harsh on the McCanns at the beginning? When did they change their tune?
calcite51
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:07 am

Yes, Cal, they were.
Not sure, but it sure does seem that the tide is turning, eh?
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:34 pm

It says a lot for what Portugal thinks of Amaral without actually spelling it out.

The tide is turning. Tick Tock. And all that.

Is this plagiarism? Sue me.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down