Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interview with couple McCann today

+7
Tinkerbell43
Catkins
vee8
bluj1515
Rosie
Cath
Pedro Silva
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Interview with couple McCann today Empty Interview with couple McCann today

Post by Pedro Silva Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:37 am

My friends, I saw a few minutes ago, at RTP1 news channel, Sandra Felgueiras interviewing the couple McCann.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Interview with couple McCann today Empty Re: Interview with couple McCann today

Post by Cath Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:43 am

A new interview Pedro?
In Portugal or in the UK?

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:27 am

Hi Pedro

In the UK or Portugal? I must say I am intrigued, have you anymore news on it yet?
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:40 am

Seems they are in Portugal. It's mentioned on MM and PFA2 as well.
I do hope Pedro's had time to watch it and tell us all about it later on.
We all know what happens to interviews Morais doesn't like, is it?

ETA Precious posted a link on PFA2:

http://ww1.rtp.pt/multimedia/index.php?tvprog=1103&idpod=36596&formato=flv

scroll to 23.39

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:33 am

My friend, it was in Portugal. Here is the complete interview:

Kate and Gerry McCann are back to Portugal to assess the leads that has arrived to PJ and that can help find their daughter Madeleine. In an interview to RTP, the couple regrets that the Public Ministry of Portimao released informations which, in their opinion, may jeopardize the safety of their daughter, but Kate and Gerry confess that over the last almost 3 years, never saw a photo or video which can take them to believe that it was indeed Madeleine.

Sandra: Hi Kate, hi Gerry. Have you already had access to the new sightings that were released last week?

Gerry: Now we got them, but, as I say, Kate and I haven´t actually ain´t gone through them ourselves.

Sandra: You have watched for sure the picture of a girl that was broadcast last week by the British media of a, apparentely, a girl looking like Madeleine, in New Zealand? As parents, did that girl look like Madeleine to you?

Kate: You know, she is not dissimilar to Madeleine, actually she may be looked a little bit young, but as you know, that little girl has been identified now anyway, so we know it´s not Madeleine.

Sandra: Kate, as a mum, have you ever seen any picture, any video that, for you, it could be Madeleine?

Kate: No. To be honest, we don´t get shown a lot of photographs anyway, I think the police decided that so many photos like that was sent them, and clips of CCTV, that it´s.

Sandra: Do you fear that the reopen of the case that you wish, can reopen the lead that turn you as formal suspects in the case? Do you think about it?

Gerry: Definitely not. There is not the slightest piece of concern for us.

Sandra: I don´t know if you are aware that in Portugal, we have a twelve year old boy missing. What do you have to say to these parents?

Kate: Don´t give up hope. Keep going. Don´t let others trying grind you down, keep going for your child, you must keep going until his found. And Good luck.

Gerry: Thank you.

The insistence of Madeleine´s parents, again, in Portugal.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:15 am

Thank you, Pedro!

"Don't let others grind you down."
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:29 am

Sandra: Do you fear that the reopen of the case that you wish, can reopen the lead that turn you as formal suspects in the case? Do you think about it?

Gerry: Definitely not. There is not the slightest piece of concern for us.

SAY IT LOUD AND SAY IT CLEAR.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:35 am

vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:47 am

Another, diferent one. I think it's been posted by morearse, judging by the disparaging title. Clearly she can't grasp the fundemental idea that the McCann's really ARE trying to get the case reopened.

vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:16 pm

What is coming over loud and clear in both these interviews is the innocence of Kate and Gerry and how they are NOT going to let anything or anyone stop them from finding Madeleine. I am going to do a transcript of this interview and publish it here, just in case the video disappears.

Pedro, who is this little 12 year old boy who has disappeared? Any news on him. bless his heart, I am hoping that you will come back and say that he is found safe and sound.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:27 pm

Rosiepops, my friend, this little boy of 12 years is a boy who was victim of bullying at his school by his colleagues, who thrown himself (in despair) to the river Tua, at Mirandela. For the family of this boy, it was a misunderstandig which lead him to thrown himself to the river, the searches continues with the cooperation of more then 80 elements, between firemen, and GNR officers, with several vehicules and boats.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:28 pm

Bluj, my friend, you welcome, thanks for the advice.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Interview with couple McCann today Empty Transcript of 2nd Interview With Kate and Gerry McCann March 9, 2010

Post by Rosie Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:31 pm

Interviewer....You are talking a lot about new information, new leads, new pictures, can you tell us about this new information?

Gerry...Kate and I haven't gone through all the new information, we know that it is predominately sightings from many different places around the world, including sightings from Spain and Portugal.

Interviewer .......and that information still isn't enough for you to ask the reopening of the case here in Portugal?

Kate....I think we need to go through it all first of all and organise it really, and then get a file a, document together to present

Interviewer....What are you doing to reopen the case?

Gerry.....Well the first thing that has been done is that the information is only just been passed on to Dave Edgar our investigating offer, and he will look at all of the information, the leads of these potential sightings and all the other information and analyse it and see what information he can take from it, applying the same principles he does to anyone who contacts us directly with information.

Interviewer....Don't you fear that if the case is reopened that you will be considered suspects again?

Kate.......It never even crossed my mind, and I think anyone that went through that file and has a certain amount of logic will know that it ridiculous and I don't have any fear of that.

Interviewer.....This is not the first time that we hear say that some leads that some picture that some witnesses were not valued by the Portuguese police and you think they are relevant and important?

Kate...We can't comment too much on this file of information that we have just got because we haven't been through it thoroughly, what we do know is that very credible information has been passed on and our investigators who have got 30 years plus experience and would only pass on credible information 'cos there's no point otherwise, and we haven't had any feedback on that, so based on that I feel that more could have been done on those leads, which are still waiting to be acted on and our investigators obviously cannot do that for themselves because we need more cooperation...can't comment on what is in the file that has just been released.

Gerry....I think go back to your question... we are not sitting here saying that the PJ have done a rubbish job we are not saying that, a lot of good work has been done, we know... particularly in the early days we got a much more substantial search than many other people who have lost children and we appreciate that and we appreciate the hard work, obviously we are still in the stage where Madeleine is still missing, whoever has taken her, is still out there and we need to find Madeleine and the perpetrators need to be caught and as parents it is not good enough for us that information is discounted. The specific point is really that you have an officer who has testified in court that he thinks Madeleine is dead, who is primarily responsible for coding that information, I don't think that he is objective in his work and that is one of the things that has been very difficult for us.

Interviewer...Do you want him to be removed from the case?

Gerry... Well you know obviously that is not for our judgement, aah but what we need to know is that there is somebody objectively looking at that information.

Interviewer...Do you fear you won your first court case against Goncalo Amaral, do you fear that with all the court cases you have against him, that some people may think that this became an obsession with you?

Gerry...It is an obsession for us to find Madeleine, that is certainly true. Um the court case is very important I think because, we can understand...why a large proportion of the population here would be prepared to believe that Madeleine is dead, and I think challenging what has been said and making it be put up to scrutiny and the lack of objectivity of what has been proposed and the lack of evidence

Interviewer....Do you understand the people that think that's rather strange that you spend a lot of energy and emotional resources in these court cases ....against Goncalo Amaral, when your grief... and your loss is bigger than anything else?

Kate.....The sad thing about all these court cases is that it was unnecessary, it has caused us extra pain and suffering and resources, you know the last thing we wanted to do was to have to bring court case ....but Goncalo Amaral, did what he did and we totally believe that it has damaged the search for our little girl and we have to do everything in our power to find her...so he has made us take this action ..... because we love our little girl and we want to find her, that's why we have done what we have done.

Interviewer....So you have conceded the possibility of ummm Madeleine not being alive?

Kate....Well obviously there is the possibility.. because we don't know, umm, you know we are not going to sit here and lie and be totally naive and say that she is 100% alive, but we do know there is a very good chance she is alive and while that chance is there we have to keep looking for her, we owe her that , we all owe it to her she's our little girl and we know that from other cases that there is a chance she is still alive, so you have to keep going.

End of Recording.....

Last edited by Rosiepops on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:33 pm

Oh dear Pedro, this sounds awful, poor little lad please keep us informed.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:51 pm

Yes Rosiepops, I will keep you informed.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:03 pm

I cannot think why the moronic Joana Morais thinks that Kate and Gerry and any of us do not like being asked hard questions, personally from what I know of the McCanns and from my point of view, providing the questions are politely put and are not stupid, they actually welcome them, it gives Kate and Gerry the chance to explain personally and to eradicate the utter bilge and nonsense being spread by Amaral, and the imbeciles Joana Morais and Tony Bennett.
From what I have seen of the McCanns they never duck a question, they always answer promptly and honestly and it is this that is helping to change public perspective of them in Portugal and it is this openness and frankness and their willingness that is killing the puerile arguments and utter lies that Amaral is spreading and is utterly defeating his libellous book.

These two interviews have been excellent and I have said this before about SF, that I think she interviews excellently and objectively and because of this she gives Kate and Gerry the chance to defend themselves against the contemptuous lies of Goncalo Amaral. I would like to have seen her full interview, none-the-less, this other interview by this other woman (whom I do not know) was excellent too.

These interviews coming on the back of the Miguel Tavares TV interview of Goncalo Amaral, is surely signifying that the worm has turned in Portugal. Goncalo Amaral is now widely discredited and people can see and judge for themselves the horror and the damage he has inflicted upon the *innocent* parents of a missing child, at a time he should have been doing anything and everything within his power to help them and help find Madeleine.

Miguel Tavares hit the nail on the head when he said that Amaral had a chance to shine and a chance to show his country in a good light, Amaral was given those chances and he failed, he blew it and not content with this, he then tried to off load his abject failures on Madeleine's innocent parents, he tried to pin their daughter's disappearance on them, in almost a replica way that he successfully had Leonor Cipriano committed to prison for something she obviously did not do.

The question that everyone should be thinking about and asking Goncalo Amaral is why? Why did he do this? I simply do not accept that he with all those years of experience, proceeded to make every single mistake in the book that there was to make, starting with the *FACT* that being told that a major crime of what could possibly be abduction of a little girl on his patch, he decided that drinking with his friend and eating shrimp was more important and he did not need to be at the scene!
What was Amaral's excuse for NOT attending the scene the next day, the 4th May 2007? Hungover?

What was Amaral's excuse for NOT making the apartment a crime scene for THREE whole months?

I believe that Goncalo Amaral did this on purpose, I do not believe that a policeman of his years and experience could have got something so basic, so very wrong.

How about the timelines of Goncalo Amaral be checked out for the evening and night of Thursday 3, May 2007? Perhaps here lays the REAL story and the real link to what could have happened?

What time did Goncalo Amaral leave the restaurant where he was eating and drinking with his friend?
What time did he get home that night?

Is there a time lapse between Amaral leaving the restaurant and the time it would normally have taken him to return to his home?

If that time lapse is significant, where was he and who was he with?
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:33 pm

Rosiepops wrote:Interviewer....You are talking a lot about new information, new leads, new pictures, can you tell us about this new information?

Gerry...Kate and I haven't gone through all the new information, we know that it is predominately sightings from many different places around the world, including sightings from Spain and Portugal.

Interviewer .......and that information still isn't enough for you to ask the reopening of the case here in Portugal?

Kate....I think we need to go through it all first of all and organise it really, and then get a file a, document together to present

Interviewer....What are you doing to reopen the case?

Gerry.....Well the first thing that has been done is that the information is only just been passed on to Dave Edgar our investigating offer, and he will look at all of the information, the leads of these potential sightings and all the other information and analyse it and see what information he can take from it, applying the same principles he does to anyone who contacts us directly with information.

Interviewer....Don't you fear that if the case is reopened that you will be considered suspects again?

Kate.......It never even crossed my mind, and I think anyone that went through that file and has a certain amount of logic will know that it ridiculous and I don't have any fear of that.

Interviewer.....This is not the first time that we hear say that some leads that some picture that some witnesses were not valued by the Portuguese police and you think they are relevant and important?

Kate...We can't comment too much on this file of information that we have just got because we haven't been through it thoroughly, what we do know is that very credible information has been passed on and our investigators who have got 30 years plus experience and would only pass on credible information 'cos there's no point otherwise, and we haven't had any feedback on that, so based on that I feel that more could have been done on those leads, which are still waiting to be acted on and our investigators obviously cannot do that for themselves because we need more cooperation...can't comment on what is in the file that has just been released.

Gerry....I think go back to your question... we are not sitting here saying that the PJ have done a rubbish job we are not saying that, a lot of good work has been done, we know... particularly in the early days we got a much more substantial search than many other people who have lost children and we appreciate that and we appreciate the hard work, obviously we are still in the stage where Madeleine is still missing, whoever has taken her, is still out there and we need to find Madeleine and the perpetrators need to be caught and as parents it is not good enough for us that information is discounted. The specific point is really that you have an officer who has testified in court that he thinks Madeleine is dead, who is primarily responsible for coding that information, I don't think that he is objective in his work and that is one of the things that has been very difficult for us.

Gerry... Well you know obviously that is not for our judgement, aah but what we need to know is that there is somebody objectively looking at that information.

Interviewer...Do you fear you won your first court case against Goncalo Amaral, do you fear that with all the court cases you have against him, that some people may think that this became an obsession with you?

Gerry...It is an obsession for us to find Madeleine, that is certainly true. Um the court case is very important I think because, we can understand...why a large proportion of the population here would be prepared to believe that Madeleine is dead, and I think challenging what has been said and making it be put up to scrutiny and the lack of objectivity of what has been proposed and the lack of evidence

Interviewer....Do you understand the people that think that's rather strange that you spend a lot of energy and emotional resources in these court cases ....against Goncalo Amaral, when your grief... and your loss is bigger than anything else?

Kate.....The sad thing about all these court cases is that it was unnecessary, it has caused us extra pain and suffering and resources, you know the last thing we wanted to do was to have to bring court case ....but Goncalo Amaral, did what he did and we totally believe that it has damaged the search for our little girl and we have to do everything in our power to find her...so he has made us take this action ..... because we love our little girl and we want to find her, that's why we have done what we have done.

Interviewer....So you have conceded the possibility of ummm Madeleine not being alive?

Kate....Well obviously there is the possibility.. because we don't know, umm, you know we are not going to sit here and lie and be totally naive and say that she is 100% alive, but we do know there is a very good chance she is alive and while that chance is there we have to keep looking for her, we owe her that , we all owe it to her she's our little girl and we know that from other cases that there is a chance she is still alive, so you have to keep going.

End of Recording.....

As I said yesterday in answer to Alroy on another thread, I do not believe that the PJ as a whole done a "rubbish job", in fact on reading the files, it is obvious that one or two PJ were trying their hardest to do a good job and obviously wanted to find Madeleine, however, they can only do what they were instructed to do and what they were allowed to do by Goncalo Amaral, who was coordinating the case.

It was Ricardo Paiva himself who revealed in court under oath that they "only had time to follow Goncalo Amaral's theory" that as Amaral thought that the parents were complicit in their daughter's disappearance, they did not have time to investigate anything else. It is Ricardo Paiva that Gerry is referring to when he says that the officer in charge is not being objective when he is coding the information coming into the investigation and who has testified FOR Goncalo Amaral in court believing that Madeleine is dead.

The interviewer asks Kate and Gerry if they would like him removed from the case, they say it is not for them to judge.

I understand that the McCanns are in a difficult situation and cannot really pass judgement, but it is obvious to anyone with half a brain that Ricardo Paiva has a conflict if interests and his position is heavily compromised and on these two points alone, Paiva should be dismissed from the case, he cannot possibly be objective.

The McCanns cannot say it, but I can.....

Ricardo Paiva should be taken off of this case immediately, in fact for what he has done and what looks to be a gross dereliction of duty on his behalf with the emergence of this file, where he has been stashing away information and deliberately not investigating it and deliberately not acting upon it, despite a lot of it coming from an extremely credible source (the Leicestershire police and the McCanns investigators), he should be suspended from duty while a full inquiry into his conduct is carried out.

Paiva is heavily compromised because of his friendship with Goncalo Amaral and because of him testifying for Amaral in court under oath and because of his own actions. I cannot see that his boss Jose Almeida Rodrigues, the head of Portugal's judicial police, has any choice but to suspend him immediately pending the outcome of a full and proper inquiry into his conduct. I have said this ever since he first testified in court about the PJ only having enough time to follow Amaral's "thesis", I believed some time ago that his position has become wholly untenable and that Paiva should go. I now think it is only a matter of time before Ricardo Paiva is suspended and when he is, Paiva will have time to reflect on why and how he has got himself into this predicament and what being persuaded to do what he has done for his "friend" and former boss Goncalo Amaral has done to himself and his life.

Amaral is corrupt and he is corrupting the lives of anyone he is coming into contact with and good people should bear this in mind and stay the hell away from him. Paiva may be the first person to fall, there will be others as the muck slowly comes to the surface. I feel sorry for people who have got themselves caught up in Amaral's corruption because maybe while Amaral was in charge they had no choice and they were acting under orders, but later when Amaral was sacked, they had a choice and they could have distanced themselves from Amaral.

Madeleine McCann did not have a choice, Kate and Gerry McCann did not have a choice, Madeleine was abducted from her bed and is now God knows where, with God knows who and the McCanns daughter was taken and they were blamed by Amaral and while suffering unimaginable grief and distress and in the depths of despair and panic, they had to suffer the extra distress of the sheer horror of being accused by Amaral and all this brought them. As time wore on it did not get better, it got worse and people like the moronic Joana Morais and the mad axe murderer jumped on Amaral's band wagon, helping the rumour machine to vilify and persecute these innocent people and of course the imbecilic Tony Bennett, jumped on writing books which were so poorly researched and so obviously untrue and actually stalking these people and their children in their own home and Amaral writing his libellous book which has now been banned because it is obviously untrue and contains no proof and no evidence.

It all got so bad and so many people were believing that Madeleine is dead and the search for her was being so badly damaged and Amaral was the cause of so many lies being circulated about these parents and their characters and good name and reputations were being execrably damaged by Amaral and his book, that in the end they had no choice but to take the action they took. Their reluctance to take this action is fully supported by the time they took to actually speak out and initiate this action. Amaral pushed them and pushed them and pushed them, until they could take no more, until they feared for the search for Madeleine so much that they had no option but to try and stop Amaral in the courts.

Amaral and all those who have willingly aided and abetted him now deserve all they get as this dirty and corrupt Amaral story is now starting to unfold, as many of us here on this forum predicted it would years ago. We said if the Portuguese government failed to take the necessary steps to stop Amaral doing what he was doing and saying what he was saying and that if they did nothing to ensure that the Madeleine investigation was being run properly and by competent people and if they did nothing about the damaging and serious leaks by the PJ that it would come to this and would engulf Portugal in a scandal and shake it to its foundation. We knew that there was something really dark, sinister and wrong within Portugal and with Madeleine's investigation, we knew that the investigation was being frustrated on purpose, we could see it, we saw it with each and every scandalous and bizarre leak and lie from the PJ that Amaral presided over. We have called for a review of of this investigation, and we called for a full inquiry into the way this investigation was being handled, it should have happened, it would have happened in any other modern European country but it did not happen in Portugal, it was swept under the carpet and the Portuguese £2.8 billion tourist industry was place above and beyond the life and welfare of an innocent little girl and in so doing this, Portugal has damaged that industry far more than if they would have taken a strong and decisive line, been open, held an inquiry and properly investigated Goncalo Amaral's conduct.

The Portuguese people are now beginning to see and understand what damage Goncalo Amaral has done, is doing and will continue to do to Portugal, if he is not stopped.

Portugal can still come out of this in an honourable way, all they have to do is fully investigate Amaral and Paiva and hold a full inquiry into the handling of the Madeleine investigation and while that is happening they can hold a complete review of the case and invite Scotland Yard to send over specialised officers to help them review the case and decide where to go with it from here.

I believe that Kate and Gerry are in Portugal for more reasons than giving a couple of interviews, they must be there for other reasons too. I hope that it will soon be announced that there will be a full review of the Madeleine investigation.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:53 am

Interview with couple McCann today 599426
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:50 am

Rosie, brilliant synopsis of how this has gotten this terrible point. The PJ will not be cleansed of the stain of Amaral until they take definite steps to review Madeleine's case, discipline or fire Amaral's cronies, and apologize and compensate the McCanns, IMHO.
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:52 am

Why should it be strange ? they were not left any alternative.

I'd say spending energy and resources eliminating Madeleines biggest enemy is time & money well spent. Of course it should never have come to this but they were goaded and pushed til they were left with no alternative.

Rosie 12:33pm. Interview with couple McCann today 985497
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:29 am

I agree with you Tinkerbell.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:30 am

Well said Rosie, and Tinks.

While I was reading Rosie's post about Paiva, it got me to wondering, just what did Amaral hope to achieve by having Paiva testify in court in the first place.

As I have said many times, it didnt matter if Paiva agreed with Amaral or not, they never found any evidence. Paiva gave evidence really about the investigation, and this was irrelevant, as it is only the conclusions that were reached that were relevant. And the fallout from Paiva's testimony has been huge. It will it think be the downfall of Amaral, Paiva, and the rest of them. Surely though Amaral's solicitor must have known that Isabel Duarte was a good lawyer, and that she would question Paiva about more than his agreeing with Amaral's theory. Cabrita must have known that this could happen. They surely cannot be that arrogant that they think that an opposing lawyer will only ask the questions that they want asked. I put it down to 2 things.

1. Cabrita had no idea what had gone on, that is that not all witnesses were 100% sure that Madeleine was dead, that all leads were not followed up while the case was active, and certainly that all new reports were files as Irrelevant to the Investigation

2. That they totally underestimated Isabel, either because she is a woman, or because Cabrita himself is not expert enough with libel law. Which begs the question why didnt they get an expert to advise them.

Last edited by dianeh on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:46 am

It's a macho culture Dianeh and it's even worse in the Police Force.
Look at how GA spoke about that Judge, how Grenville (and TB) called her too young. Those idiots, dinosaurs.

They underestimate these women.

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:57 am

Cath

So you think it is a macho thing. I dont doubt it. It would seem that I may have overestimated their intelligence, in thinking that they would put their own self preservation ahead of their obvious prejudices.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:03 am

Cath wrote:It's a macho culture Dianeh and it's even worse in the Police Force.
Look at how GA spoke about that Judge, how Grenville (and TB) called her too young. Those idiots, dinosaurs.

They underestimate these women.

Totally agree and one woman Amaral certainly underestimated was Kate McCann!
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next