Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCanns upset at releases of files

5 posters

Go down

McCanns upset at releases of files Empty McCanns upset at releases of files

Post by Pedro Silva Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:00 am

The Press Association: McCanns upset at releases of files. The release by Portuguese police to British newspapers of previously unseen files on the disappearance of Madeleine McCann was "incomprehensible" and "upsetting", her family said.

The 2,000 page dossier detailed dozens of possible sightings of Madeleine after she disappeared from her family´s holiday, just before her fourth birthday.

A statement released by Kate and Gerry McCann said: "Disclosing such information publicly greatly jeopardises the search for Madeleine and puts witnesses and innocent members of the general public at risk (as well as causing the great anxiety). Release and publication of information in this manner also potentially compromises future investigations. It is difficult to see how anyone benefits from this week´s actions".

The statement released by the McCanns, both 41, thanked their supporters. I

It stated: "We are incredibly grateful to all those who continue to support us in our search for Madeleine.

During weeks such as these, it is invaluable to know that we are not facing this difficult journey alone".

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

McCanns upset at releases of files Empty Re: McCanns upset at releases of files

Post by vee8 Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:16 am

Full statement here,

http://www.findmadeleine.com/updates.html

Statement March 5th 2010

Events this week have yet again been incomprehensible and particularly upsetting.

On Tuesday, the Public Prosecutor in Portugal released a large number of documents (relating to the investigation to find our daughter Madeleine) to the British Media, following their request for access. Disclosing such information publicly greatly jeopardises the search for Madeleine and puts witnesses and innocent members of the general public at risk (as well as causing them great anxiety). Release and publication of information in this manner also potentially compromises future investigations. It is difficult to see how anyone benefits from this week's actions.

It is imperative that the Authorities take responsibility for sensitive and confidential information. We, together with the general public, need assurances that this will not be allowed to happen again. Equally, we need absolute assurances that all credible information and leads will be investigated.

We also urge each individual working for the media to consider their own personal responsibility - to put commercial interests aside occasionally and to bear in mind the potential consequences of their actions, especially when people's lives and well-being are at risk.

Our own investigators have acted professionally and with complete integrity. We are eager to encourage anybody who has any information which may relate to Madeleine's abduction to contact our investigation team directly by phone ( 0845 838 4699 0845 838 4699 or 800 814 028), by email (http://www.investigation@findmadeleine.com/) or via the P.O box address given on the website. Information may be given anonymously via each route.
We are incredibly grateful to all those who continue to support us in our search for Madeleine. During weeks such as these, it is invaluable to know that we are not facing this difficult journey alone

So that knocks the bullsh*t claims from the underworld that it was Kate and Gerry themselves who leaked the files, despite it being patiently clear it was the press who did it off their own back.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:12 am

Is that what the idiots are saying? That they leaked the files? Well they would say that wouldn't they, let's face it, most of what has been released has been so shocking that it is beyond belief how certain members of the PJ have behaved and now a picture of how badly this investigation was run is emerging. You can understand the anti-Madeleine's not wanting this highly incriminating evidence to become public knowledge.

I was appalled that the child's picture had emerged, it was so clear and in my opinion it did not even bear a resemblance to Madeleine and should never have been made public.

However, I have to be honest here and say that apart from the TV picture of that child said to be Madeleine, when it obviously wasn't, by and large, I think these files being released are pressurising the Portuguese government into doing something and helping to explain just what has lead to where this investigation is now, unless what Amaral and Paiva have done is made public and rammed home, then things will never change. I think last week's events have achieved this, although some of the finer details could have been omitted.

Having said that, I wondered how it was that the Portuguese prosecutor could have just released these files to the Sun, when for all this time they had known about them and not informed the McCanns about them, who was the prosecutor that released these files to the newspapers? If these are so bad, I wonder what was in the other files that have not been released?

Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:35 am

I'm just so upset for Kate and Gerry, we are all hoping somewhere in this file is the breakthrough they need, they should have been left alone with their PI's to comb through it. It should have been their decision to make public anything that may help in the search for Madeleine.

I was hoping that this file being uncovered was the little bit of luck they needed, but now that has been taken away from them.

I too would like assurances from Portugal that any further credible leads and information will be investigated. What is happening about this ?
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:50 am

It was, among others, joana morearse who was saying that the McCann's released the files, under a spin of it was the press wot dun it.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:13 am

The fact that we now know about this file and let's face it, only a small smidgen of its contents, is the reason why the Portuguese are now under pressure to do something, if we did not know then nothing can be done. So I really don't think we should get too upset about the files, I think they have probably said this to try and get the newspapers not to publish anything else they come across.
Let's look at it rationally whether we know what is in the files or not, is not going to stop that one bit of news that may prove to be the breakthrough from being in there.
Although the story about the rag doll etc, I did wonder if this tipped off these people that they were being looked at and that did worry me.
I am hanging on to the fact that if they have not hurt Madeleine so far, then it is doubtful they would do so now.
I still think that these files hold the key, this will prove to be a worry about nothing. I also think that the McCanns had to say what they said, because of the papers publishing the photograph of that poor little child, I know if I were her family I would not be very happy about it.

Vee Moron Morais has been proved wrong yet again, she never gets anything right and tells lies all the time, she is just like Bennett and Amaral, every time they speak they lie, they even dream in lies!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:35 am

Good point my friend Rosiepops, I agree with you.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:08 am

Don't tell me you all missed Bren's Rant about what a disgrace it was to publish pictures of innocent children.

The McCanns should be ashamed, dontchaknow.

Bloody moron.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down