Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

re-opening case

+9
Sabot
Pedro Silva
Royal
bluj1515
Catkins
Rosie
dianeh
Cath
jean
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

re-opening case Empty re-opening case

Post by jean Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:53 am

Transcript

With thanks to Astro for translation

Sandra Felgueiras (voice over): It's a revelation that puts the PJ at stake, especially the inspector in Portimão who continues to receive news of Madeleine. He was a witness for Amaral at the trial the book, The Truth of the Lie, and he has unexpectedly become an asset for the McCanns. Ricardo Paiva confirmed receiving sightings of Madeleine, but without any relevance whatsoever. Isabel Duarte went to Portimao to consult the process and now accuses Ricardo Paiva of lying.

Isabel Duarte: What I saw was various relevant pieces of information, photographs, places, car licence plates; my clients have now become aware of all this. There are photographs which are similar to the girl, some of them shockingly so, and there are other photographs.

SF: For the McCann's lawyer, there is no doubt about the reason why the PJ does not investigate these sightings, to which the French, Spanish and English police have given credit already.

ID: What I heard, and this is taped [in court], is that Inspector Ricardo Paiva said he believed the girl was dead, therefore, necessarily, he is not going to investigate a living girl, right?

SF: With a poster asking for help in finding his daughter, Gerry made clear the course he wants for the case.

Gerry McCann: We'd be delighted if the case was reopened; we would have no problem with that but what we need is real investigation, not this... not... not dis... not... not dismissal...

SF: For converse reasons, Gonçalo Amaral also walked out of the hearing demanding the reopening of the case.

Gonçalo Amaral: Imagine that I now wished to become an assistant to the process in the Algarve; there in the main process.

Unknown Reporter1: Are you thinking about it?

GA: Very seriously, we are going to study the legal way of doing it.

UR1: And you as an assistant?

GA: There are diligences to be done; we can suggest them.

Unknown Reporter2: Will you request those diligences?

GA: We will require them.

SF: Despite the confrontation that opposes them in court, Gonçalo Amaral and the McCann couple displayed, for the first time, an equal goal: all of them are committed to reopen the main case, that of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. As for the book, The Truth of Lie, we will have to wait another week to know the decision of the magistrate, that is to say, if she keeps it forbidden, or if she returns it to the market.

jean
Master
Master

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

re-opening case Empty Re: re-opening case

Post by Cath Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:58 am

I feel like I could kill that man.
He's biased, he's got a tunnel vision, he's a misogynist, he doesn't understand DNA, he doesn't listen to experts, he's failed, he's been sacked and now he's trying to get in again?

Think I'll need an anger management course now.

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:31 am

My opinion is that Amaral never expected that the McCann would want the case open, or that there would be anything already existing that could pressure on the prosecutors to open the case.

In effect he has been blindsided. He didnt see it coming. His declaration that he wanted the case open is in reply to the McCanns. IMO, he doesnt want it opened, not unless he can once again control what is investigated. Perhaps if it is re-opened, Scotland Yard can provide an 'assistant'.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:30 am

My opinion is that Amaral has been listening to too many fat headed idiots posting on internet forums and blogs, such as Joana Morais, and the comically stupid Missing Madeleine forum, who sport posters like the bubonic Photon and imbecilic Laffin. He has believed the drivel they churn out 24/7 (probably by rote) and he has not listened to what Kate and Gerry McCann has been saying and calling for. They have actually formerly requested the re-opening of the investigation through the British Ambassador in Portugal several times.

I like the way Amaral jumped in and said that anyway AFTER the McCanns and their lawyer made it clear they want this case re-opened, as if anyone in their right mind is going to allow that fat moron anywhere near a new investigation? he is NOT a policeman and he has already completely and purposefully wrecked the investigation once and now he wants a chance to do it all over again? What is he on? I think he should try and lay off of the booze for a while it is pickling his brain.
What has he got to hide? Of course he wants to be back near that investigation he wants to be able to mislead people away from the abductors again, just like he did the first time.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:05 pm

Cath wrote:I feel like I could kill that man.
He's biased, he's got a tunnel vision, he's a misogynist, he doesn't understand DNA, he doesn't listen to experts, he's failed, he's been sacked and now he's trying to get in again?

Think I'll need an anger management course now.

I'll help you Cath............ re-opening case 59999
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:20 am

Catkins

You better go back to PFA and get your gun.

re-opening case 503613

Oops, and not to put Cath out of her misery either.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:35 am

Thank you Dianeh. re-opening case 503613
I hate it when people are playing games like he's been doing.
He's made it a personal vendetta, that's not what a professional should do.

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:05 pm

Cath wrote:Thank you Dianeh. re-opening case 503613
I hate it when people are playing games like he's been doing.
He's made it a personal vendetta, that's not what a professional should do.

Exactly, it's so unbecoming and ridiculous.
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

re-opening case Empty AMARALS 'TRUTH ABOUT THE LIE' ?????

Post by Royal Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:28 pm

So now we have it "official" the court have decided and not for the first time that Amaral's book is actually full of "Lies about the Truth". It's now time for him to dig a very deep hole and jump into it, he is a lying money grabbing corrupt and immoral character who has been caught out and shown up for what he really is, a convicted bully, liar, cheat and hypocrite. Thank goodness the courts have seen through his little game, justice has prevailed.
Alroy.

Royal
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:46 pm

Royal my friend, agree with you.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:38 am

As do I. Happy

If he continues to pursue this he is going to undermine the validity of every investigation he ever worked on.
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:53 am

bluj1515 wrote:As do I. Happy

If he continues to pursue this he is going to undermine the validity of every investigation he ever worked on.

I thought he had already done that. I'm just wondering how many prisoners, and others are going to claim they were beaten up by him and his cohorts.

I'll believe them.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:07 am

Sabot wrote:
bluj1515 wrote:As do I. Happy

I thought he had already done that. I'm just wondering how many prisoners, and others are going to claim they were beaten up by him and his cohorts.

I'll believe them.

Very true, thought about that as I hit send.
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:28 am

Amaral now needs to face reality over the libel trial. This appeal of his against the injuction is a good indicator of how the libel trial is going to go.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:23 pm

dianeh wrote:Amaral now needs to face reality over the libel trial. This appeal of his against the injuction is a good indicator of how the libel trial is going to go.

Yes, this is where I have doubts about his attorney's skills.
Either Cabrita is a yes-man who believes in the cause over Amaral, or he's so dominated by his client he can't or wont' tell him the truth.
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:14 pm

bluj1515 wrote:
dianeh wrote:Amaral now needs to face reality over the libel trial. This appeal of his against the injuction is a good indicator of how the libel trial is going to go.

Yes, this is where I have doubts about his attorney's skills.
Either Cabrita is a yes-man who believes in the cause over Amaral, or he's so dominated by his client he can't or wont' tell him the truth.

Personally, I think it is the latter, I think that Cabrita is totally intimidated and bullied by his client, he has probably tried to tell him that he is fighting a lost cause, but it falls on fat deaf ears. It is telling that Amaral has NOT chosen Cabrita to do his "legal training" with, he has chosen Joao Grade, Leonor's former lawyer! Not that I think for one minute this is ever going to happen, for a start I believe he will lose his appeal and his conviction will stand, so this will prevent him from training to be a lawyer. Incidentally, three things about that conviction and appeal, as we have seen with Leonor, appeals in Portugal are very rarely successful and once Amaral has lost this appeal, he will not be allowed further appeals, this will be it and his 18 month suspended prison sentence will start and as this is a suspended sentence, Amaral will have to watch what he is doing once the sentence kicks in, because he could be prosecuted under the terms of that suspended prison sentence, find himself in violation of it and go directly to prison.

Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:18 pm

If I were Amaral's brief, I would advise him to lose that diamond stud earring in his newly pierced 50 year old left ear, it makes him look totally ridiculous and he should also try and stop dressing like something out of the "Blues Brothers", pathetic!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:24 pm

I like the Blues Brothers.

FWIW I think GA's lawyer is doing his job and earning money.
It's his client who makes the decisions, as he's paying.
The client is too stupid to listen to anybody else as himself, we've seen that happening in the past. He thinks he knows it better as anybody else, even the experts.

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:41 pm

Plenty like the Blues Brothers, but they realise that it is a film and do not go around dressing like them, however I am not surprised as Amaral is completely divorced from reality, so it is to be expected really.
As for Cabrita, he is useless but hey why should I care? Let's hope he retains his services for the duration.
re-opening case 152761 re-opening case 152761 re-opening case 152761

Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:24 am

Just had to look this one out for you Rosie.

re-opening case 2zstxs9

Winter
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:33 am

Winter wrote:Just had to look this one out for you Rosie.

re-opening case 2zstxs9

re-opening case 466476 re-opening case 466476 re-opening case 466476 re-opening case 466476 re-opening case 466476

Thanks Winter, I just love this one!

Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kazcut Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:23 pm

rosie just going to pop this reply from the statement thread
its my reply to you

could someone ask maria

that was my first thought ,has he had presure put on him ?
i do think he may have been up to something with malinka and the boats and maybe its been thrown back at him ?he said he wanted madeleine found .he said he wants to be left alone ,this is going to be bad for him and his family again .

its the timing that we hear about it and was amaral his witness,
just wondering im not sure because the law in portugal is so weird
if murat is suing tanner and the rest for whatever reason coul dthis stop madeleines case from being reopened ?because that would make sence as it could take murat years to get them in court
could that make the madeleines case be shelved for years ??
sounds like kate and gerry are now desperate to get it open .

would make sense

kazcut
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:32 pm

Kaz

Don't understand your post. A case can be shelved up to twenty years, at the end of this period the case is closed for good.

That is the situation of Rui Pedro, who vanished when he was 11 years, there is one arguido, the case has been shelved twenty years ago and is about to be closed, in spite of several sightings during all these years. The only arguido will only now be cleared (he apparently was 'guilty' of having been the last person to se RuiPedro). Well, I hope, but I'm not sure, that he will be cleared, I mean.

And to your question about if a case against anyone in any way involved in the Madeleine's case by someone else also involved with the investigator as witness can interfere in Madeleine's case, the answer is 'no', they are totally separated cases. That is my understanding, anyway. Not a lawyer.
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:18 am

Rosiepops wrote:
Winter wrote:Just had to look this one out for you Rosie.

re-opening case 2zstxs9

re-opening case 466476 re-opening case 466476 re-opening case 466476 re-opening case 466476 re-opening case 466476

Thanks Winter, I just love this one!

re-opening case 245193 re-opening case 245193 that odd ball on the left looks so much like gonc its scary!!

Is he seriously talking about getting back involved with this investigation??I hope and pray to god that they dont let him within a inch of those files or this investigation. He shouldn't of been allowed to investigate the case anyway given his track record!
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by kazcut Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:48 am

maria wrote:Kaz

Don't understand your post. A case can be shelved up to twenty years, at the end of this period the case is closed for good.

That is the situation of Rui Pedro, who vanished when he was 11 years, there is one arguido, the case has been shelved twenty years ago and is about to be closed, in spite of several sightings during all these years. The only arguido will only now be cleared (he apparently was 'guilty' of having been the last person to se RuiPedro). Well, I hope, but I'm not sure, that he will be cleared, I mean.

And to your question about if a case against anyone in any way involved in the Madeleine's case by someone else also involved with the investigator as witness can interfere in Madeleine's case, the answer is 'no', they are totally separated cases. That is my understanding, anyway. Not a lawyer.

thats the answer i wanted maria thankyou ,i was worrying that if murat was to take them to court madeleines case couldnt be re opened till murats case had finished ,

sorry maria your english is better than mine lol xxxxxxxxxxxxx

kazcut
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next