Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a case now being reported in Austria which is in some ways similar to the Amstetten case

3 posters

Go down

This is a case now being reported in Austria which is in some ways similar to the Amstetten case Empty This is a case now being reported in Austria which is in some ways similar to the Amstetten case

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2008 2:52 am

FRENCH INCEST VICTIM SAYS WORLD IGNORED HER PLIGHT
Received Tuesday, 29 April 2008 11:07:00 GMT
MEAUX, France, April 29, 2008 (AFP) - Frenchwoman Lydia Gouardo was beaten, raped and burned with acid by her father for 28 years, bearing him six children, but the 45-year-old says the world turned a blind eye to her ordeal.
As Austria reels from the horrific discovery that a 73-year-old man locked up his daughter for 24 years and fathered her seven children, an eerily similar case went this month before a French court of appeal.
From the ages of eight to 36, Gouardo was tortured and repeatedly raped by Raymond Gouardo, her legal though not biological father, bearing him six children, without setting off alarm bells in the village of Crecy-la-Chapelle, east of Paris.
She says the abuse -- which came to light after her father's death in 1999 -- started the day her stepmother plunged her in a scalding bath, inflicting third-degree burns that forced her to be taken out of school.
In an interview broadcast Tuesday on French radio RTL, Gouardo said she was raped "in the morning, in the evening and the night" in full knowledge of her stepmother who simply asked her husband to "get on with it."
Years later, when she tried to run away from her abusive home, she says her father started to burn her with hydrochloric acid, on the legs, arms and stomach, in punishment.
Yet as in the case of Austrian Josef Fritzl, neither neighbours, teachers nor social services thought to raise the alarm, despite the young woman's pregnancies and repeated spells in hospital for injury.
She says she was tied down for months during her first pregancy, at the age of 19, to prevent her from seeking an abortion, and was each time taken into hospital by her father to give birth "at the very last moment."
"One day the midwife asked who the father was, and he said 'I am'. No one said a word," Gouardo told RTL.
This month an appeal court toughened the sentence handed to Gouardo's step-mother at the original trial in March 2007, handing her a four-year suspended prison sentence for failing to prevent decades of abuse.
Today, Gouardo lives in a tumble-down farmhouse in the town of Coulommes, east of Paris, with seven of her nine children.
Barely literate, unemployed, she hides her burn scars under long-sleeved clothes -- but says she is happy to have survived.
"When I think of what I've been through, I wonder how it's possible. Every day when I open the front door, I take a deep breath.
"I live from day to day. But I love life. When people complain, I say life is beautiful," she told RTL.
"I am fighting back now. When a bill comes through the door, I am happy. I am here, I exist."

http://www.twocircles.net/2008apr30/french_woman_says_having_six_children_her_father_report.html

Back to top Go down

This is a case now being reported in Austria which is in some ways similar to the Amstetten case Empty the world ignored her plight...

Post by archer Fri May 02, 2008 5:28 am

This too is unbelievable!

I do not usually consider myself to be faint-hearted, but these two cases revolt me. How the male species can behave in this way beggars belief. To use young girls like this for such incredibly long periods of time is truly sick. I ask you, "What makes a man do something like this ?" " How can a woman turn a blind eye to her husband when he is doing this ?" Why didn't the authorities pick up on what was so blatantly happening ?

It doesn't often happen - but I am speechless.

These poor women and children. :( :(

archer
archer
archer
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

This is a case now being reported in Austria which is in some ways similar to the Amstetten case Empty They don't think they have done anything wrong!

Post by helenm Fri May 02, 2008 6:55 am

Hi Archer
Nice to see you, have missed your posts. My brother-in-law is a prison officer and he tells me that when interviewing a prisoner covicted of incest they honestly belive that they are doing nothing wrong by having a sexual relationship with their child. What goes on in their minds to think that this is OK?
helenm
helenm
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

This is a case now being reported in Austria which is in some ways similar to the Amstetten case Empty ...it's OK to do it..

Post by archer Fri May 02, 2008 8:35 am

Hi Helen

Good to see you too.:¬)

I have always had a lot of empathy with prison officers. They spend all of their day in the company of people on remand or convicted of offences, some of which the average person could never ever comprehend. (Thank goodness) Sex offenders, well, to me they are something else!

Not too far from where I live is a closed unit which houses some really awful convicted sex offenders. The public would be horrified to know that they are allowed 'out' on visits/outings etc. I am talking about the worst of the worst. I am sure your b/i/law could tell you a lot more about that! They have their 'rights' you know!

What about the 'rights' of those that have been abused and seriously traumatised for life ? A sex offender doesn't have to participate in therapy/counseling if they don't want to. I wonder, is there any proof that it actually deters them from re-offending? I believe I have read somewhere that it is miniscule. So what is the answer? 🇳🇴
I can guess what most women would say! :pale: :pale:
archer
archer
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

This is a case now being reported in Austria which is in some ways similar to the Amstetten case Empty Both cases are heart wrenching....

Post by calcite51 Sun May 04, 2008 2:23 am

and if the mothers/stepmothers knew that their daughter, stepdaughter were being raped by their fathers and did nothing to stop it or at least report the abuse to the proper authorities then they should be charged as accomplices (in my opinion).
calcite51
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

This is a case now being reported in Austria which is in some ways similar to the Amstetten case Empty Re: This is a case now being reported in Austria which is in some ways similar to the Amstetten case

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down