Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Symington and Robert Murat

4 posters

Go down

David Symington and Robert Murat Empty David Symington and Robert Murat

Post by Admin Ed Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:03 am

This looks like a very well researched post by The Sargeants Inn blog, giving all the appropriate links and it certainly does look like David Symington and Robert Murat are related and furthermore, explains why the McCanns got such high level government assistance so quickly. It would appear that they benefited from same due to David Symingtons' connection with the Ocean Club and his political and family connections.

It is a long read, but well worth it. The comments are worth a read too.

http://www.thesargeants.net/dblog/articolo.asp?articolo=201

flower

Last edited by Rosiepops on Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forum Revamp)

Admin Ed

Back to top Go down

David Symington and Robert Murat Empty Re: David Symington and Robert Murat

Post by Admin Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:36 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2008/01/24/madeleine-robert-murat-has-a-double-115875-20296573/

Also this is not a new discovery it has been known for sometime, it was discussed heavily on the DX and our blog and is even here on this forum somewhere.

Our Admin Christabel, discovered this link between Symington and Murat way back on the DX if I remember correctly and this was well BEFORE the papers picked it up!

Christabel is an exceptionally good researcher. :study:

Last edited by Rosiepops on Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forum Revamp)
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-04-18

https://justice4mccannfam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

David Symington and Robert Murat Empty Shock? Horror? Disbelief? Oh Really!

Post by Rosie Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:57 am

How can Murat and Murat's uncle be so shocked at the 'uncanny likeness' of these two men, when they are;

• Related
  • Live in the same SMALL town
  • Symington and Murat's fathers formed PDL back in the 70's
  • Murat and Symington are in the same line of business in the same small town, would they not repeatedly get mistaken for each other CONSTANTLY?
  • Murat - and he works just yards from the complex resort where she vanished.

Brit estate agent Angus Symington, 37, has almost identical hair, complexion, facial features, height and build and wears similar glasses.

There is no suggestion he was involved in the abduction. But Murat thinks eight witnesses who say they saw him near the complex may have seen Angus instead.

Murat, 34, gasped at the stunning likeness when the Daily Mirror showed him Angus's photos yesterday.

He said: "I'm shocked and amazed. I've never seen this guy, yet the hairline, the nose...it could be me." His uncle Ralph Eveleigh added: "They're very similar."

Angus's firm is a few hundred yards away from Maddy's Ocean Club complex in Praia da Luz, Portugal, and it sells flats in the same chain.

Murat said suspicion should not fall on the estate agent and added:

"People work. He has every reason to be at the Ocean Club. I wouldn't want what happened to me to happen to anyone else."

Yesterday, married Angus said he had left work and was at home with his family when Maddy, four, went missing on the night of May 3.

He said: "I categorically was not around. I live 10 kilometres from here. It couldn't have been me."

Brit expat Murat, who says he was at home with mum Jenny, 71, plans to hand lawyers our photos of Angus.

He and Maddy's parents Kate and Gerry, both 39, remain the only official suspects.

(Both Doctors Kate and Gerry McCann and Murat have since been cleared of suspicion and released from their suspect status)

I would like to ask Mr Murat a few questions.

"Why should suspicion not fall on Angus Symington?" "Why does Mr Murat thinks he knows enough to say that suspicion should not fall on Symington?"

"How come you and Symington look so much alike you could be brothers, your fathers helped form PDL, you are both related, both live near each other, both work in the same lines of business ie property, shipping and wine, you both work near each other and you say you do not know each other and your likeness staggers you?

And since when has it been Murat's job to say who suspicion should fall on?

And how come Murat's uncle is also shocked and mystified at the likeness? affraid

I have said this before and I will say it again. 'seems like there was a Murat lookalike convention going on in Praia da Luz on the night poor dear little Madeleine was abducted from her bed!'
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:51 am

ModNrodder wrote:Thanks Chinadoll, it works now. I recognised the site as one I have visited many times in the past. Forgot it wa seargents.

Very interesting stuff I did not know any of this. I can see why perhaps there was so many sightings of RM that night???

Hi Mod,

I had not heard of the political connections to this David Symington either. I do know that I have read so many conspiracy theories about the McCanns political connections, which at the time of Madeleines abduction, it would appear, they did not have.

Goncalo Amaral made much ado about the McCanns political connections - implying that they were interfering, protecting etc., when he should know full well (being in charge of the investigation) that these were likely to be linked to the Symington family. BW is the author of that post and the blog owner, I think. This comment of his sums it up:-

Here's what we have so far:

* The Ocean Club is co-owned by David Symington.

* David Symington is a member of the rich and powerful Symington Dynasty (at least it says this on the Ocean Club website)

* Johnny Symington is Britain's Honorary Consul in Oporto (Portugal's Second City) and is a friend an associate of John Buck - the fomer British Ambassador who seized control of the McCann investigation.

* Rupert Symington attended Oxford University at the same time as David Miliband and is very influential in his own right.

* Robert Murat appears to be related to the Symingtons - a distant cousin and perhaps even heir to certain estates in Oporto.

So which is more likely: were the British Government falling over backwards to help (and possibly clear) an anonymous and fairly unremarkable couple from Leicester or falling over backwards to help their very rich and influential friends, the Symington Dynasty?

Author BW (send 27/10/2008 @ 17:19

flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:58 am

From reading that the government involvment is more than likely to back the powerful dynasty, old boys network.

This is interesting as here endeth the conspiracy theory muted in so many anti quarters that Kate and Gerry manipulated the government.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:18 am

ModNrodder wrote:From reading that the government involvment is more than likely to back the powerful dynasty, old boys network.

This is interesting as here endeth the conspiracy theory muted in so many anti quarters that Kate and Gerry manipulated the government.

Exactly ModNrodder.

As BW states:-

What is odd about two people who are related having similar looks?"

Nothing, but the whole world was never told that the two people were related in the first place. That's what is odd. There has never been any mention in the media of a family relationship between Robert Murat and David Symington - the owner of the Ocean Club (a relationship that only goes back 4 generations).

The Daily Mail aricle that reported on the likeness between Angus Symington and Robert Murat didn't even care to mention that Angus Symington was related to David Symington - the owner of the Ocean Club.

In fact, as far as the British media are concerned - the owners of the Ocean Club are Mark Warner Resorts. But they are not: they only co-manage the property on behalf of Symington and Crosland.

Only two publications in the world have mentioned who owns the Ocean Club - the Portugal Resident and yours truly.

Why have the Brtish Media never mentioned who really owns the Ocean Club? Likewise, why have they never mentioned that the owners of the Ocean Club also represent the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office in Oporto? Their link to the British Government?
...............................................................................................................

I cannot believe that Murat was not aware of his own family links with the Symingtons. That Angus Symington has an office very close to Murats house and they both worked in the property business.
As Rosiepops said, how can they possibly be surprised at the physical resemblance of these two men. Very suspicious imo.

I wonder if the Daily Express were aware of these connections prior to settling the libel action with RM? I am not saying Murat is guilty of anything, but these surely, should have been looked at with some scrutiny.

flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:32 am

I think possibly the family protecting themselves against any bad press in the light of RM being an arguido.

Also I find it interesting that press about RM remained silent compared to the press against the McCanns. I always wondered why RM was so successful at keeping out of the spotlight. It's why I refrained from making any comments about him as there was nothing to find to enter a good debate about him. Just some wild speculation. Im not thinking too deeply here but the silence and now knowing that there is a blood relation with a huge dynasty has started another line of thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:41 am

Angus Symington pictured in the picture, is the Symington that was 'allegedly' confused with Robert Murat, is that correct?

I would like to see the pictures of all the Symington brothers, this could get very interesting.

Sorry for the confusion re David and Angus, was I confused?

The Admin announcement was just an observation. (Trying to make that post in between knocks on the door and dishing sweeties out) affraid affraid affraid
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:14 am

There is also a Clare Symington, who lives in and looks after the UK end of their wine business.

She looks nothing like Murat though Laffin at least I don't think she does!!!
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:53 am

Christabel have you got pictures of all the brothers? I think Michaela looks like a Symington, I know she isn't but she looks like one.

Can you imagine if they all looked like each other and they were all present in PDL at the same time?

I just think this whole thing is extremely odd.

Last edited by Rosiepops on Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

David Symington and Robert Murat Empty Symington and Murat

Post by dianeh Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:17 pm

Another link is that Murat's father and the elder Symington were both involved in the wine industry, with the Symington family being the most influential in Oporto (apparently). And if the wind industry in Portugal is anything like ours here in Australia, all the families know each other, and do business together on a regular basis.

So there are three business linkes. Tourism, Wine and Real Estate, and all in the same area.

I have no need to say more.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down