Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madeleine sighting in Majorca

3 posters

Go down

Madeleine sighting in Majorca Empty Madeleine sighting in Majorca

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:42 am

Just taking a late lunch and logged on and saw this report of a 'Madeleine sighting in Majorca' - reported online by Sky News:-

A police search is underway after a British couple said they spotted missing Madeleine McCann on a beach in Majorca, say reports.

Madeleine McCann

The tourists claim they saw the youngster with two women at Cala d'Or, in the south east of the island.

They went to their hotel to check internet pictures of the girl and were certain it was her, The Sun reported.

But when they returned to the beach there was no sign of the girl, who was three when she vanished in Portugal on May 3 last year.

They reported the incident to police, who have launched a search of nearby hotels and holiday apartments.

....................................................................................................................................

The brief report concludes 'more follows'.........but there is no other link to click on at the moment and after my lunch, I will not be online until this evening. I know it is a long shot and yet another sighting, but haven't we heard of Madeleine being seen with two women before? The report does not give much detail, but it appears the police are following it up. I am heartened to see that people are still looking out for Madeleine and if that were me and another woman with an innocent child, I would not mind at all being approached and ruled out.

Here is the link:-

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Madeleine-McCann-Police-Search-After-British-Couple-Spot-Missing-Youngster-In-Majorca/Article/200809415107726?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_1&lid=ARTICLE_15107726_Madeleine_McCann%3A_Police_Search_After_British_Couple_Spot_Missing_Youngster_In_Majorca

It looks like the report has now been updated and Clarence Mitchell has now added a comment.

flower

Back to top Go down

Madeleine sighting in Majorca Empty Hi Chinadoll

Post by dianeh Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:51 am

I just saw this on the ForMadeleine forum.

It is hard to get excited about it but who knows. I find it funny that the police cant find the little girl or the women. I wonder if they have checked the airport CCTV tapes, or other ones from around the island.

Wouldnt it be good if it was her.

In the other forum one of the posters asked the very valid question, why would her captors take her to somewhere so crowded.

I think overconfidence is the answer. Have got away with it up till now, and think they cant get caught. You know, we all do it, if we can get away with something once, we will do it again and again, even when we know it is bad for us, take for eg teenagers smoking. It is the same principle.

Let hope that it is Madeleine and the police find her. And if not, then that she is found very very soon.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Madeleine sighting in Majorca Empty Re: Madeleine sighting in Majorca

Post by vee8 Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:55 am

My gut feeling is it is most likely a case of mistaken identity. Whoever has her is unlikely to take her to a crowded holiday resort. But it is still a good thing, because it proves people are still looking for her.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Madeleine sighting in Majorca Empty Vee8

Post by dianeh Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:06 am

That little Rockerfeller (??) girl was found in the carribean during the peak season. Her father obviously thought they wouldnt be noticed amongst the crowd, but he was wrong.

If one person can make that mistake so can others.

I am not saying it was her (how can any of us know), I am just saying that it shouldnt be ruled out because she could turn up anywhere, because her captors are only human and have managed to avoid being detected for well over a year. They will be overconfident now.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:35 am

Matthew James is quick of the mark!

http://mara-gamiel.blogspot.com/search/label/Madeleine%20McCann
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:45 am

An update from the Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1062750/Police-search-Madeleine-McCann-Majorca-British-couple-report-sighting-beach.html

It seems the young girl was first spotted last Sunday, but the concerns were not officially reported until Wednesday. At least the local police are taking them seriously, even though on the face of it, it looks like a long shot.

flower

Back to top Go down

Madeleine sighting in Majorca Empty Vee 8 question for you

Post by Claire from Canada Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:38 am

Vee 8...I'm very curious, who is this Rockerfeller girl you are reffering to? I haven't heard about this case?

Claire from Canada
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:43 pm

Sorry, it wasn't me, it was dianeah
vee8
vee8
Grand Member