Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ribeiro resigns. Did he walk or was he pushed!

+3
dianeh
Rosie
christabel
7 posters

Go down

Ribeiro resigns.  Did he walk or was he pushed! Empty Ribeiro resigns. Did he walk or was he pushed!

Post by Tinkerbell43 Wed May 07, 2008 7:19 am

Another one bites the dust. Just what is going on, the Head of the PJ resigns amidst reports that the force is in a mess. Thats an understatement. :roll: IMO, Ribeiro days were numbered when he made the infamous "too hasty" comment. I believe along with Rosie this man was trying to distance himself from the investigation. He knows the McCanns are innocent and there is NO evidence and judgement day is coming! Along with De Sousa he is the only one that seems to have a conscience.
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Ribeiro resigns.  Did he walk or was he pushed! Empty Tinks

Post by christabel Wed May 07, 2008 7:26 am

This might be the one thats been sending documents to outsiders :bball:
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Ribeiro resigns.  Did he walk or was he pushed! Empty Hey Christabel

Post by Tinkerbell43 Wed May 07, 2008 7:43 am

Have you heard any more on the "insider" I really think something big is going on here, there is obviously unrest in the camp! They are in such a hole that I really dont think they know how to get out of it. Bunch of 🤡
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ribeiro resigns.  Did he walk or was he pushed! Empty Who Will Be Next?

Post by Rosie Wed May 07, 2008 8:42 am

I think the PJ's house of cards is falling and pretty soon the whole lot is going to come down around their feet.

Ribeiro is scared still of getting tarred with the same brush, something huge is going on there and before long there will be another resignation.

I don't think that it is Ribeiro that is the insider, I think it is more likely to be and ordinary person, sick and tired of the cover ups and the lies. :x
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Ribeiro resigns.  Did he walk or was he pushed! Empty Ribeiro

Post by dianeh Wed May 07, 2008 9:42 am

When he made his 'hasty' speech, there were a number of backbenchers calling for his resignation then. But these are people who are not privy to what is actually going on, no more sense than the lay person. The most telling thing was that the Minister for Justice supported him. I wonder now if that was just a front and Riberio had in fact dug his own grave at that point. And the Minister for Justice is still there.

The whole thing (PJ, leaks, lawyers etc) if just a disgrace. I cant believe that they are not holding a public inquiry to get down to the truth of corruption in the force. It is time for the secrecy laws to be thrown out, and I especially dont understand the Casa Pia trials being in secret. All this secrecy does is breed corruption in the force and makes it very difficult for civil rights lawyers and victims groups to get a handle on what is going on. IMO, it is done on purpose. I also think that the PJ and govt ever expected that such things would come under criticism across the world. This has been a big shock to them, and that is why they are playing the nationalist cards and many Portuguese posters are slinging the racism card around. They (the pj) have retained a certain amount of support, due to this nationalist crap. Many people just think they are being picked on and so are supporting the PJ, failing to look at all of the clues (cant call it evidence) pointing towards corruption.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Ribeiro resigns.  Did he walk or was he pushed! Empty Interesting news if it's true....

Post by calcite51 Wed May 07, 2008 2:58 pm

I can't find any confirmation that Riberio has resigned not on Sky News.
calcite51
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Ribeiro resigns.  Did he walk or was he pushed! Empty Calcite

Post by dianeh Wed May 07, 2008 3:23 pm

Search google news.

He has definitely resigned, I read it from two different sources.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Ribeiro resigns.  Did he walk or was he pushed! Empty So which genius . . .

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2008 7:57 pm

will take his place?

Back to top Go down

Ribeiro resigns.  Did he walk or was he pushed! Empty Pushed out....

Post by Mandz Wed May 07, 2008 11:03 pm

Something is not right. I think he is totally disgusted at Goncadonk’s mess and the hierarchy telling him to keep them as suspects. In my opinion: I think he was forced to apologise to the police union and public for being honest and on those grounds I would have resigned. This is not what he was trained for.
I cannot understand if he is that good at his job then why have the hierarchy and public not trusted his judgement and word “acted too hasty”. It seems they do not want the truth and one has got to ask WHY?
Mandz
Mandz
Apprentice's Assistant
Apprentice's Assistant

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Ribeiro resigns.  Did he walk or was he pushed! Empty Pushed shoved out..

Post by Mandz Wed May 07, 2008 11:07 pm

Where does this leave the investigation? What about Maddie in all of this? This is an utter disgrace and I bet he was furious with the deliberate leak when the McCann’s went to Brussels. He has an internal war on his hands with goncadonk’s ex team. No wonder he is out..
Mandz
Mandz
Apprentice's Assistant
Apprentice's Assistant

Back to top Go down

Ribeiro resigns.  Did he walk or was he pushed! Empty Ribiero leaving the investigation....

Post by calcite51 Wed May 07, 2008 11:33 pm

This is really odd that he is leaving now when they were so close to completing the investigation. What is going on?
calcite51
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Ribeiro resigns.  Did he walk or was he pushed! Empty Riberio

Post by Mandz Wed May 07, 2008 11:39 pm

The BBC reports that Alipio Ribeiro, the national director of the judicial police, told a local radio station that he was "tired" of constantly being in the media spotlight.

Mr Ribeiro is now set to be replaced by Jose Maria Almeida Rodrigues.

Previously in his role, the police chief claimed information relating to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann should not be made public.

He sacked the officer heading the investigation, Goncalo Amaral, for making comments to the international media.

In February this year Mr Ribeiro announced that he has been "hasty" in naming Madeleine's parents as official suspects.

Yesterday, reports claimed Mr Ribeiro told Radio Renascenca that he regretted "what he said as well [as] what he failed to say" about the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance.

Last Saturday marked the one-year anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance from her family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz.

Her parents, Gerry and Kate McCann, have recently toured Europe promoting the idea of an early warning system for missing children.
Mandz
Mandz
Apprentice's Assistant
Apprentice's Assistant

Back to top Go down

Ribeiro resigns.  Did he walk or was he pushed! Empty Possible reasons for resignation (albeit according to the Sun!)

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2008 3:01 am

Found this in the Sun mentioning possible reasons for Ribeiro's resignation.

"Ribeiro faced new calls to quit on Monday after saying the country’s multi-level police force should be restructured so it is overseen by a single Government ministry.

The country’s Judicial Police Inspectors ’ Union said his position was “untenable” after the new row. But newspaper Diario de Noticias said yesterday his infamous comment on the Maddie probe was his “most serious” mistake. "

Back to top Go down

Ribeiro resigns.  Did he walk or was he pushed! Empty Most serious mistake?

Post by Mandz Thu May 08, 2008 3:41 am

Most serious mistake? Are you having a laugh.....

What is it that Portugal wants.. Lies.....? At the beginning he was this "great hero" excellent detective and now he is this big bad person for speaking out and telling the truth? Tut tut…
Mandz
Mandz
Apprentice's Assistant
Apprentice's Assistant

Back to top Go down

Ribeiro resigns.  Did he walk or was he pushed! Empty Re: Ribeiro resigns. Did he walk or was he pushed!

Post by Tinkerbell43 Thu May 08, 2008 8:49 am

What lame excuses these PJ come out with. Gonc wants to regain freedom of speech, when has it ever stopped him! Ribeiro wants to come out of the media light, I couldn't even tell you what he looks like!

More crap from the PJ.

I'm unsure whether Rebeiro was pushed. I strongly believe Ribeiro knows they have no evidence and maybe he is at loggerheads with the other members that remain loyal to Gonc. IMO, Gonc seems to carry a lot of weight (literally, lol) I have always believed he is dangerous and I think he is feared. There is more to this than meets the eye and I think Ribeiro knows this. If this case is on the brink of being shelved, why go now, none of it seems to make any sense.
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ribeiro resigns.  Did he walk or was he pushed! Empty Riberio's resignation?

Post by calcite51 Thu May 08, 2008 2:32 pm

It must have been one mother of a fight for a PJ to give up his career. I suspect this is a lot about politics - now that Portugal has spent so much money on Madeleine's case, I suspect they have no choice but to lay some sort of charges on the McCanns - either child neglect, child endangerment. I don't think the PJ's are going to get away with it and I pray they won't put these devastated parents through more grief. They should definitely remove the McCanns from the arguido list and the people of Portugal should demand an inquiry in the way investigations are conducted in Portugal and what went wrong in this particular case.
calcite51
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Ribeiro resigns.  Did he walk or was he pushed! Empty Calcite

Post by dianeh Thu May 08, 2008 3:23 pm

In my opinon, the PJ will not lay any charges against the McCanns for child neglect, abandonment or anything to do with the disappearance.

For the disappearance, there is no evidence, so charges will not go ahead for a case they are going to lose. In fact, I think the British Govt would make a formal complaint and ask to see the evidence. As well, the McCann case will end up in the EU court, and Portugal definitely dont want that.

As for the neglect/abandonment. By checking on the kids every 20 min to half hour, they had clearly indicated their willingness to protect the children. Also, they were only following principles set down by MW resorts around the world, and had improved upon them. Even if found guilty of neglect, theywould only get a minimum sentence imo. Maybe even just a suspended sentence and counselling. The PJ wont want that to happen, it would embarass them. 12 months, many accusations and the result, a suspended sentence.

No, imo, the pJ have far too much to lose to charge the McCanns with anything at all.

The PJ should just cut their losses, pretend that they were always looking for the abductor as one of their lines of inquiry and that they have been unable to get anywhere. As it is true what Ribeiro said, abduction cases are extremely difficult to solve. When people suggested this was the easy option for the PJ, I argued that it never was. They didnt want an abduction, this was a high profile case, so they wanted to get a result and this probably was never on the cards with an abduction. I see a lot of pride and posturing with the PJ, and this may be a factor in them choosing to try to implicate the McCanns in something that they never did. Because with a confession being the holy grail in Portugal (they are not required to provide full evidence if someone has confessed, unlike almost all other western countries, which must still provide details to the judge to prove that the person committed the crime), they probably thought they would be able to get the McCanns. And I dont dismiss the possibility that many of the PJ truly believe the McCanns to be guilty, either. If they just cut their losses now, they may save some face, because if they keep going on the path they are on, or if they lay charges, the PJ will just draw more attention to themselves and their failure.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Ribeiro resigns.  Did he walk or was he pushed! Empty Tinks

Post by Mandz Thu May 08, 2008 10:44 pm

Ribeiro wants to come out of the media light, I couldn't even tell you what he looks like!
lol....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nor could I.
Mandz
Mandz
Apprentice's Assistant
Apprentice's Assistant

Back to top Go down

Ribeiro resigns.  Did he walk or was he pushed! Empty Rodrigues former PJ

Post by helenm Fri May 09, 2008 3:57 am

Mandarin on TWS says the Portuguese people have complete faith in the new National Director of the PJ as he is from that background. I take it Alipero Ribeiro was not PJ but government, does anyone know whether this is correct?
helenm
helenm
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Ribeiro resigns.  Did he walk or was he pushed! Empty Re: Ribeiro resigns. Did he walk or was he pushed!

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down