Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The attack bloggs...sueing??

+2
dianeh
clairesy
6 posters

Go down

The attack bloggs...sueing?? Empty The attack bloggs...sueing??

Post by clairesy Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:19 am

DUARTE Levy and Paulo Reis write on the Madeleine McCann case:

“Informal contacts” have been made, by some McCann advisers, with companies that own web hosting businesses, in order to raise awareness for the risks of being liable to legal action, due to what they consider the amount of slanderous and defamatory messages being posted at specific public forums. Contacts with other companies may follow, as the McCann legal team is analysing what could be the best way of dealing with individual bloggers.

Their first “target” are those blogs that have reproduced and posted links to documents that were leaked from the investigation files (the PJ final report) and those which translate to English, with regularity, news from the Portuguese Press. Also in the list are blogs with direct quotes, from English translations of the book of Gonçalo Amaral, “The Truth of the Lie”.

Is this true? Anorak’s moderators are working overtime…

+++++++++++++++++++

Well I hope and prey...and should imagine that 3a site will be included in this?LOL
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

The attack bloggs...sueing?? Empty Hi clairesy

Post by Rosie Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:50 am

I knew all three of them suddenly going underground was too coincidental! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

The attack bloggs...sueing?? Empty Clairesy, Rosie

Post by dianeh Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:05 am

I will give Viv a bit of credit, she saw the writing on the wall and shut up shop earlier than the 3A's. Claudia was understandably the last, as she is without doubt the thickest of the lot.

But you know, Alsabella, she was the first to go. She was no fool (or fools may be more apt), so she probably got advice that unless the McCanns were convicted, she would be guilty of libel. And at the time she disappeared, it was obvious that there was no evidence to support convictions of any sort, even neglect. And as I suspect she had inside sources, she was well aware of this, so pulled up stumps and got out without incident.

And as I have said many times, I support this libel action. I dont like defamatory statements, and there is no place for them in society. They are a crime, done for personal gain by the defamer. And I dont care if it is bloggers or the legit press. They must abide by the libel laws. I am sure that leeway will be given for those that are attempting to get a point across and accidentally libel. The action will be against those that constantly libel, knowingly libel, and brazenly libel. Like the 3A's and the other hate blogs. Theironly purpose was to defame the McCanns.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

The attack bloggs...sueing?? Empty Re: The attack bloggs...sueing??

Post by Tinkerbell43 Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:17 pm

Please let this news be true. Its not about revenge, its about making these people accountable for what they have subjected The McCanns to over the past 14 months and hopefully boundaries will be drawn and lessons learned for the future. The same libel laws applied to newspapers need to apply to blogging.

No-body said they had to like the McCanns or agree with what they done, but these hate sites and their posters have crossed the line and acted like rabid dogs in their pursuit of this family. Enough is enough and I truly hope the courts come down hard and make an example of these hate sites and their hosts.
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

The attack bloggs...sueing?? Empty And Joana Morais?

Post by maria Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:43 pm

Can't acces the site. Is it for good?
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

The attack bloggs...sueing?? Empty And Joana Morais?

Post by Guest Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:19 pm

Maria, I cannot open it either. I just get an error message stating Internet Explorer cannot open this site.
Hopefully this is a permanent closure.

Back to top Go down

Post by helenm Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:06 am

I have just tried the Joanna Morais site and unfortunately it seems to be up and running. For how long is anyones guess. Some of the comments that she allows are plainly libellous, but hey that's her problem.

Have tried to access Gazetta Digital, run by Paulo Reiss, that shows his site for a split second, then goes to internet explorer cannot access this page. Maybe he is having a tidy up? lol!
helenm
helenm
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

The attack bloggs...sueing?? Empty Hi Tinks

Post by Rosie Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:38 am

"Tinkerbell43"]Please let this news be true. Its not about revenge, its about making these people accountable for what they have subjected The McCanns to over the past 14 months and hopefully boundaries will be drawn and lessons learned for the future. The same libel laws applied to newspapers need to apply to blogging.

No-body said they had to like the McCanns or agree with what they done, but these hate sites and their posters have crossed the line and acted like rabid dogs in their pursuit of this family. Enough is enough and I truly hope the courts come down hard and make an example of these hate sites and their hosts.

I just want to say that I agree with this 100% (But just a little of me wants to stick it to them though) Well I have to be honest! Laughing

But Tinks is right no one was ever trying to sas that they had to like the McCann's, or agree with them leaving the children, but they did not have to join a latter day witch hunt and make these poor people's lives even more painful then they were already! nono
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:58 am

clairesy wrote:DUARTE Levy and Paulo Reis write on the Madeleine McCann case:

“Informal contacts” have been made, by some McCann advisers, with companies that own web hosting businesses, in order to raise awareness for the risks of being liable to legal action, due to what they consider the amount of slanderous and defamatory messages being posted at specific public forums. Contacts with other companies may follow, as the McCann legal team is analysing what could be the best way of dealing with individual bloggers.

Their first “target” are those blogs that have reproduced and posted links to documents that were leaked from the investigation files (the PJ final report) and those which translate to English, with regularity, news from the Portuguese Press. Also in the list are blogs with direct quotes, from English translations of the book of Gonçalo Amaral, “The Truth of the Lie”.

Is this true? Anorak’s moderators are working overtime…

+++++++++++++++++++

Well I hope and prey...and should imagine that 3a site will be included in this?LOL

I think it is about time the McCanns legal team contacted these people again and told them they will be prosecuted for libel if they do not clean their acts up!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down