Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sad bizarre case of Caylee Anthony

+3
Rosie
calcite51
vee8
7 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Sad bizarre case of Caylee Anthony Empty Sad bizarre case of Caylee Anthony

Post by dianeh Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:43 pm

this is truly sad. Caylee has been missing for over a month, and her mother didnt report her missing. The grandparents confronted the mother who admitted the girl was missing, and then the police were called. Caylee is 2, nearly three. And the police believe her to be dead. The US have their own wonder dogs, but in this case, they just may be correct. What is truly bizarre though is that a witness has come forward saying she say Caylee boarding a plane and spoke to her, and the child told the woman her name. Whether she is credible or not, who knows.

Sad bizarre case of Caylee Anthony Caylee10

The mother will not co-operate with the police. And there is some bizarre story going around that if the mother - Casey- says where the little girl is,then the girl's life will be in danger. Apparently, the girl was dropped at the babysitter and when Casey went back to collect her, they were all gone. But instead of reporting it, she did nothing.

I really dont know but I believe if Caylee were still alive that the mother would be co-operating with the police. And why wait weeks before reporting your daughter missing. I wonder if she did leave her with a babysitter (but I dont believe she did) whether or not she didnt come back for weeks,so the babysitter took her and sold her.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7047624&version=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

This link goes to an article about the tip. But it has a timeline and links to the rest of the articles.

You know, if the mother did kill her baby (and lets go with not planned), why didnt she just say so. This only makes it worse and will definitely increase any sentence she gets if found guilty. And even worse, it has attracted such a huge amount of publicity.

I hope I am wrong and the baby is still alive. But I doubt that anymother that cared for their baby and thought they had been kidnapped would keep it secret, even from their own mother for weeks. Unless of course, the mother has actually sold the baby. Nothing surprises me anymore. We will know more after the forensics are completed, to find out if the dogs that indicated the scent of death, were correct.

Last edited by dianeh on Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Caylees Picture. she is beautiful)
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Sad bizarre case of Caylee Anthony Empty Caylee

Post by calcite51 Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:19 pm

dianeh wrote:this is truly sad. Caylee has been missing for over a month, and her mother didnt report her missing. The grandparents confronted the mother who admitted the girl was missing, and then the police were called. Caylee is 2, nearly three. And the police believe her to be dead. The US have their own wonder dogs, but in this case, they just may be correct. What is truly bizarre though is that a witness has come forward saying she say Caylee boarding a plane and spoke to her, and the child told the woman her name. Whether she is credible or not, who knows.

The mother will not co-operate with the police. And there is some bizarre story going around that if the mother - Casey- says where the little girl is,then the girl's life will be in danger. Apparently, the girl was dropped at the babysitter and when Casey went back to collect her, they were all gone. But instead of reporting it, she did nothing.

I really dont know but I believe if Caylee were still alive that the mother would be co-operating with the police. And why wait weeks before reporting your daughter missing. I wonder if she did leave her with a babysitter (but I dont believe she did) whether or not she didnt come back for weeks,so the babysitter took her and sold her.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7047624&version=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

This link goes to an article about the tip. But it has a timeline and links to the rest of the articles.

You know, if the mother did kill her baby (and lets go with not planned), why didnt she just say so. This only makes it worse and will definitely increase any sentence she gets if found guilty. And even worse, it has attracted such a huge amount of publicity.

I hope I am wrong and the baby is still alive. But I doubt that anymother that cared for their baby and thought they had been kidnapped would keep it secret, even from their own mother for weeks. Unless of course, the mother has actually sold the baby. Nothing surprises me anymore. We will know more after the forensics are completed, to find out if the dogs that indicated the scent of death, were correct.

Yes, Diane I've been following this story - it's a sad story about a lovely little girl. Not sure what to think of the mom (I hope the dogs and forensics are wrong but I'm just not sure). I wonder if the mother didn't have some sort of breakdown - but even then, I find that hard to believe as she seemed to be quite supported (emotionally) by Caylee's grandparents.
calcite51
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Sad bizarre case of Caylee Anthony Empty Calcite

Post by dianeh Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:43 pm

Two things stand out.

Borrowing a shovel from the neighbour, and not reporting her daughter missing for four weeks, or not even telling her parents, lying to them about where she was.

I hope that I am wrong. But you know if she sold her daughter, then she wouldnt tell her parents either.

I wonder what the parents will do if the forensics come back and confirm that Caylee's dead body has been in the car. At the moment, it is still just scent of death, and we all know how wrong that can be. But there is other evidence, such as hair etc, to be analysed.

And really, only someone divorced from reality would think that her parents wouldnt notice that her daughter was gone, no matter what the cause.

I hope and pray for Caylee.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Sad bizarre case of Caylee Anthony Empty Re: Sad bizarre case of Caylee Anthony

Post by vee8 Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:03 pm

That's spooky, because I was just talking about this very case on another forum. Disturbing similarities to Madeleine. Don't quite know what to make of it.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Sad bizarre case of Caylee Anthony Empty On Geraldo (FOX)

Post by dianeh Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:45 pm

Just saw on Geraldo that some police think this is what happened.

Not my opinion, but it what was said on the fox news channel.

Mother took Caylee in the car with her.
Mother went somewhere (they said where but I didnt quite catch it)
Caylee was left in the car
It was a hot day
Caylee died in the car from heatstroke
Mother hid body in boot of car
Mother then disposed of body.
Mother then made up some story for the police, knowing that the longer she got away with no one knowing, the less chance the police will have of finding the body.

I hope that this is not true. And you know the only way it would be is if Casey left Caylee in the car for hour upon hour. Because accidents do happen, and unfortunately kids do die in cars (2 in france last week but these were both accidents, fathers didnt know the kids were in the car,had forgotten them) but when a child is deliberately left in the car for hours, that is willful neglect and manslaughter. Which carries a very heavy sentence. Casey may have forgotten her (not left her on purpose) and it may have been accidental. And it may not even be true.

I must stress again that this is just a theory doing the rounds on Fox.

I just dont know about this one. I hope that Caylee is alive but I really dont have a good feeling. And it comes because the mother Casey, didnt tell anyone for so many days. Lied to her parents about where Caylee was. Even if Casey thought it was a kidnap and couldt tell the police, surely she would tell her parents or brother.

Just checked Brian's Dreams and he and Gayle are saying that she is dead and that she died in the car due to heat. So this theory probably made its way to Geraldo's show. But it is a good theory.

Just so sad, when a little one is not allowed to grow up. Caylee is beautiful. She reminds me of my own daughter, very animated, with huge eyes. Very very sad.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Sad bizarre case of Caylee Anthony Empty Caylee Anthony

Post by calcite51 Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:14 pm

Diane, that scenario of having left Caylee in the car would make sense to me. Was that when her mom had stolen her mother's credit card and charged $45,000 on it. Caylee's mother seems very immature to me (I've seen her on television - she seems much more interested in talking to her boyfriend - very little concern for Caylee. Very, very odd case.
calcite51
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:43 pm

The forensic evidence is due this week.

I have been thinking about it, and I am no longer convinced that Casey killed her daughter. If she did kill her, and put the body in the boot long enough for it to stink, then without a doubt there will be hard and firm forensics. But if there isnt that forensic evidence, then I am going with the theory that Casey sold her.

I think that this explains why Casey acts like she doesnt care, because she knows that Caylee is alive. And she also knows that if she doesnt say anything, the worst the police can do is charge her with misdemeanor neglect, because there is no body, or any evidence to show that Caylee has been mistreated. I wonder though, if Casey is so demented and in such a fantasy world that she did kill Caylee and somehow convinced herself that she didnt do it and Caylee is still alive.

Because lets be realistic, if she did kill Caylee and left her body in the boot, then there will be enough evidence to convict her. She is not stupid, she knows that. And I think that she also knows that if she says she sold Caylee, she will go to gaol. And I think that the immunity she is asking for in regards to the sale of her child, not for murder.

Anyway, we will know this week when the forensics are back. I also think that if the police were confident that there is evidence in the car, then they would have already charged her. And because they havent, I suspect they are not confident of what they have at all.

Of course, I hope that Caylee is alive and well looked after by the person who bought her.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Sad bizarre case of Caylee Anthony Empty Update

Post by dianeh Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:07 pm

Forensics not yet back. Which I must admit I find a little strange. The car was supposed to smell as though a dead body had been in it for days, and the dogs indicated it,but well, there seems to be some delay. Me thinks that the police have overplayed this and there is no conclusive evidence that the girl has been in the boot of the car, and that she is dead.

I have been thinking about this, and I still think that the little girl may in fact have been taken by someone. There is a bit more come through which is very confusing.

1. Casey (the mother) has never worked at any of the places she told police or her parents. Which means she hasnt had a job probably since she had Caylee, and her parents dont support her. So where does she get her money. I wonder if she has been working in a less that legit businesss and stole money from them, and they took Caylee in payment. After all, she is probably worth anywhere from $20,000 in the illegal adoption market. The other alternative is a loans shark. Neither of which would kill her because there is no profit in it. After all, Casey was getting money from somewhere. Funny that Greta (Foxnews) hasnt even brought this up, she however goes on about how Casey didnt work where she said. She was supposed to work at Universal studios and also doing promotions at a local night club. Neither is true. Greta cant seem to work out where she actually worked.

2. Casey was pretending to go to work and dropping Caylee at the babysitter. Could it be that if Casey was working somewhere illegal (say drugs, or prostitution, or even if she borrowed money from a loan shark) could the babysitter be part of that organisation. Or could the babysitter put her onto the loan shark. That would explain why the police can not find the babysitter. Otherwise, what has Casey been doing with the little girl for the last two years when her parents thought the child was at the babysitters. I also doubt that if the babysitter was involved, that Casey even knows her real name. And if there is no babysitter, ever, then was Caylee left in the car all day, everyday. Somehow I doubt that, someone would have caught her in there. But if there is no babysitter, where was Caylee all that time, or were the two of them spending their days at the mall, or something else. Surely if that was the case, someone would have come forward and said so, if they went to the same place all the time, it would have been noticed. Where were they, and where was Caylee spending her days.

3. On June 15th, the grandparents saw Caylee for the last time. Later that afternoon, the police say that Casey made frantic phonecalls to her parents, 8 calls to their various phones, all about 1 minute apart but got no answer. About 2 hours later she did the same again. Now, I have been thinking about this. If Casey had accidentally killed Caylee, then she would try to contact her parents, but most likely would have called 911. After all, she couldnt really hide it because eventually, the parents would know that Caylee was missing. But if the child was taken from her forcible, then that explains the calls, and also how she thought she could hide it. If it was because of money, Casey might have thought that she could get the money and get Caylee back before her parents knew what had happened. And I think she only planned that after she couldnt get hold of them. Of course, she could have done the same had Caylee been killed but she would know that eventually she would be found out.

4. Casey is apparently not stupid, so if she had killed Caylee and had her in the car, then she knows that the police would find forensics. But if Caylee was taken, then she knows that she cannot be charged with murder because there will be no evidence. The worst that can happen is child neglect charges. I also think that possibly the immunity she wants is for her part in the illegal stuff she was involved in or for not reporting Caylee missing, rather than for any part in her abduction or murder, or manslaughter. Some of the stuff that Casey did, like getting the shovel may have been more about getting rid of incriminating evidence of what she has been up to the past two years, rather than about Caylee.

Anyway, just some thoughts on this.

I really feel the clue to this whole thing is what has Casey been doing for the past two years while she was supposed to be at work, and how did she get the money to live, and pretend to her parents that she had a job. And what did she do with Caylee over all that time, while she was 'working'. This will IMO provide the police with the answers they seek.

Or the alternative is that I am completely wrong, and Casey killed her daughter and is so demented and stupid that she doesnt think the police will be able to find the body, so she cant be tried. And her father is a copper, so surely she knows about how good forensics are, and the traces that a dead body leaves.

Calcite,I know you are keeping up with this as well. What do you think?
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by calcite51 Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:46 pm

Hi, Diane - I don't know what to make of this one. Caylee's mother has proven herself a liar over and over again. I too wonder how she was making money these last two years - I know the police suspect that she was stealing gas from her parents. Last week on Nancy Grace, it came out that no one really knew who Caylee's father is - the parents of the dead boy denied that he had gone out with Caylee's mom.

It breaks my heart to see Caylee's grandparents dealing with all of this and I think Caylee's grandfather is having a hard time coping. The only one that doesn't seem to be reacting is Caylee's mom. Today (August 9) was Caylee's birthday. I will keep watching this case and if I hear anything will let you know.
calcite51
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:00 pm

Not saying this is what happened but maybe Casey was selling drugs and owed her suppliers a lot of money. Maybe that is what she has been doing for the last two years, and the babysitter was the one who got her into it. Perhaps that is what she did at Universal studios, and at the nightclub where she said she worked doing promotions.

And she must have been getting money from somewhere, because you cant be getting no money and pretend to your parents that you are working for two years. At some stage you must get money from somewhere. So something like selling drugs, or perhaps borrowing money from a very bad person, or perhaps she stole from the wrong person.

This is about the only thing that makes sense. I also dont think she was pretending to go to work and leaving Caylee by herself somewhere all day, because Caylee could talk. The grandmother said she was a real little chatter box, so she would have told her Nana if she was locked in the car all day, or left alone by herself, it would have come out at some stage. Also, I bet the Nana used to ask Caylee where she had been and what she did, if she was a little chatterbox. So, Caylee was going somewhere that through anything brought up in the conversation with her Nana appeared normal. My daughter could talk very well by the time she was two and a half. My son mostly talks gibberish and is almost three. But my daughter always gives away our little secrets. Just as I suspect Caylee would.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Sad bizarre case of Caylee Anthony Empty Caylee Anthony.

Post by calcite51 Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:47 pm

I hope this case is resolved soon - the grandparents are really losing their minds (and I don't blame them). Nancy Grace has talked about this case all week and one of the people she interviewed was Gail (the psychic) on Brian's website - they're sharing cases on his website - Madeleine's is one of them and I think Caylee may be another. I hope the police are wrong and poor little Caylee is not dead - it will surely destroy the grandparents.
calcite51
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:25 pm

I saw an article this morning that one of the tv stations has proved that around July 17 Casey's phone was in bushland near the airport. This is after Caylee disappeared.

So it may be that I am wrong and the Casey did kill her daughter and dumped her in the bush near the airport. I am going to try to catch Greta this afternoon on Fox to see what she has to say. But maybe Casey was dumping proof that she has been working as a hooker or drug dealer. I wonder too if she used to just drug Caylee and leave her in the car when Caylee was meant to be at the babysitter. I cant imagine that though, because Caylee could probably have told her grandma what was happening, and surely if the car was in a carpark, someone would have seen the girl in the car. I am more inclined to think that she left Caylee somewhere like an abandoned building, or an unrented apartment, something like that, by herself, or maybe drugged and by herself, and when Casey got around to coming back, that Caylee was gone. You see, if Casey admits to anything like that, and Caylee has been killed, then Casey is guilty of negligent homicide and could get life. She may even have came back to find Caylee dead. Anyway, all of this gives cause for Casey to hide it (either Caylee missing or Caylee dead), because she is going to gaol if she tells the truth. And this is apart from the possibility that Casey may have deliberately killed her. I rule out an ordinary accident, like leaving her in the car or drowning, because Casey would probably get no gaol time, if it is an accident.

But one thing is, if Casey is charged with child neglect, under Florida law, she cannot then be charged with murder. I also think the forensics in the car didnt prove that a dead body was there, because if it did, then they would already have charged her. So the evidence that Casey is dead is not as clearcut as the police made out at the first court appearance.

I wish Casey would tell the truth though. I am at the stage, where I wish the PJ could get hold of her and do a Leonore on her.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by calcite51 Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:56 pm

Results from the DNA are not in yet apparently. Caylee's mom is now out of jail and under 'house arrest' - she has a ankle bracelet and the police have a direct telephone line to her residence. It's odd that the police have not found any human remains of Caylee IF she is really dead.

While looking on the internet last nite, I found one site that made me wonder if Vile or Clawsie had opened a web page for Caylee - pretty hateful comments - they KNOW (without a doubt) that Casey killed her daughter, some of the followers wanted the grandmother and grandfather put in jail. I agree Caylee's mother is weird and I hope IF Caylee is found alive then she is removed completely from Caylee's care and her grandparents get custody.
calcite51
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:02 am

Geraldo had the Orange Country Sherriff on yesterday. He says there is no conclusive evidence that Caylee is dead, and so they are searching for a live child.

I am not surprised by this. I thought if Caylee had been killed and put in the boot of the car, then there would be conclusive DNA and it would have come back fairly quickly. Since there has been delays, I could only surmise that there was no evidence.

I would also like to say that I still think that Casey has sold Caylee for payment of debts, or that Caylee was taken for payment of debts.

It has also emerged that the apartment block where Casey said she took Caylee to the babysitter, is the same block where her friends live (the ones she goes clubbing with) and where she goes fairly often. And lastly, that Caylee was left with the babysitter for a couple of days before Casey went to look for her. Having too good a time apparently. And that it was arranged for the babysitter to have her for a couple of days. And the impression I got was that Casey didnt go to get her on time and when she did, the babysitter and baby were gone.

Now some of this is from Casey (two days babysitting) but the bit about the apartment block was discovered by Fox News, when they investigated where her friends live. Also, that bounty hunter is paying to get all the pings from Casey phone for the three days after Caylee was last seen, to see just where Casey went. Apparently, you can get the pings for every 2 minutes, which shows the towers her phone is pinging off, and therefore the location of the phone. This is available for a price. I wonder if the police have already done this,and of course they should have. And with the FBI involved, one would think they would be on the ball.

Strange how things come out.

And if Caylee was a sold to pay debts, that explains why Casey still has no money, why Casey lies and why there is no conclusive evidence of Caylee's death. And it also explains why Casey wont help the police and why she told her parents that Caylee would be home soon.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Sad bizarre case of Caylee Anthony Empty Latest out of the US

Post by dianeh Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:18 am

Not good news Im afraid, although I will still wait for confirmation before I give up all hope.

Report: Human Decomposition Found in Car Driven by Casey Anthony

Last Edited: Wednesday, 27 Aug 2008, 5:34 PM EDT
Created: Wednesday, 27 Aug 2008, 5:18 PM EDT

Evidence of human decomposition was found in the trunk of the car driven by Casey Anthony. SideBar

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Sources close to the investigation of missing 3-year-old Caylee Anthony told FOX 35 in Orlando that preliminary lab results of air samples taken from the trunk of the car driven by her mother, Casey Anthony, show the presence of human decomposition.

Results of the tests conducted by the University of Tennessee are prompting investigators to order further tests.

In addition there has been some type of immunity deal offered to Casey Anthony but she only has 24 hours to accept the deal and only if she provides concrete information that leads to the discovery of Caylee or her remains.

Casey Anthony is currently at home on bond. She faces charges of child neglect, making false statements and obstructing an investigation in the disappearance of Caylee who has been missing since June.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7301620&version=5&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.3.1

If this is true, then Casey really is a very very stupid woman. And her father is a policeman. And while I know that you dont inherit your parents knowledge, you do learn some things from your parents. And surely this woman would realise that if you left your daughters body to decompose in the boot of the car (enough for hair to come out), then it is going to be discovered due to forensics.

The bounty hunter said, that perhaps he gave her to much credit. I guess I have to, because I cannot beleive someone can be that stupid. The thing is, that a dead body will only stink after it has commenced decomposing, and then there will be traces. But I am still a little bit concerned that it has taken well over a month for any results to come back, and then it is only air tests, and some hair (but doesnt say hair from dead body, only says hair matches Caylee's in length and colour). When surely they would have done test for mitochondrial DNA to prove it is either Casey's or Caylee's, and if a root is attached, they could have done conclusive DNA tests. This is really a little bit strange. I wonder if the article is true, or has there been a leak of partial information, to try to get Casey to confess. Now where have we heard this before.

And unless what Casey has done in homicide (deliberate) or negligent homicide, then she would have probably gotten off or had a low sentence (such as accident), so why go through all of this. You only lie and insist on your innocence if you havent left any evidence behind, or if you are innocent. I thought OK, she guilty of something because she lost her child and didnt care for a month, but because she kept saying she didnt do anything, I guess I thought she didnt have her child's dead body in the boot of the car.

So either Casey is a psycopath, or else Caylee is still alive. I hope for the latter. I still see that she sold her daughter to pay debts, as a very plausible scenario for someone that hasnt had a job for 2 years and has pretended to the world that she has had one. And I think I need a bit more evidence than air test without any substantial DNA evidence or other forensics to back it up.

Sad sad case, poor little Caylee.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Sad bizarre case of Caylee Anthony Empty A good Article that give a better idea of what is going on.

Post by dianeh Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:34 am

Tests Show Decomposing Body Was In Car Belonging To Caylee's Mom
Bounty Hunter May Take Casey Anthony Back To Jail

POSTED: 3:53 pm EDT August 27, 2008
UPDATED: 6:47 pm EDT August 27, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Air and hair samples removed from a car belonging to the mother of a missing Orlando girl indicate a decomposing body was in the vehicle's trunk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EXCLUSIVE IMAGES: CSI Checks Casey's Car

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Detectives now have scientific proof that a body has been in the trunk of Casey Anthony's car, sheriff's office sources confirmed to Local 6's Mike DeForest Wednesday night.

Early in the search for missing Caylee Anthony, 3, Orange County sheriff's detectives took hair and air samples from Casey Anthony's vehicle. Local 6 showed video of CSI taking the samples in a garage.

The evidence was then sent to the University of Tennessee Body Farm -- a place that specializes in human decomposition.

Investigative sources confirmed to Local 6 News that evidence found in the trunk of Casey Anthony's vehicle indicates that a dead body was inside, Local 6's Jessica D'Onofrio reported.

Cadaver dogs initially alerted officials to human decomposition in the trunk before the evidence was sent to Tennessee.

Also, when the vehicle was originally found, Casey Anthony's mother, Cindy, appeared to believe something sinister may have happened to Caylee.

"There is something wrong," Cindy Anthony said in a 911 call. "I found my daughter's car today and it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car."

However, during recent interviews, Cindy Anthony has claimed that Casey had rotting pizza in the trunk of her vehicle and that was the reason for the foul smell.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office said they will be working with the Body Farm to solidify the latest results.

Investigators are not saying the body inside the vehicle was that of missing Caylee but sources said prosecutors have now offered Casey Anthony a limited form of immunity if she helps detectives locate Caylee, DeForest reported. The offer expires next Tuesday.

Attorney Unaware Of Evidence

Meanwhile, the Anthony family attorney, Jose Baez, said he was not aware of the latest developments until the media brought it to his attention.

He said his focus remains on finding Caylee.

"That is the reason why I'm standing here to let people know that we still have a missing child," Baez said. "The police have specifically told me today that they have not found her and that is why I want people to keep looking for her. It is very frustrating when you hear news like this but it is all speculation."

Reports Being Disputed

After the test results were announced Wednesday, Local 6 received a statement from Anthony family spokesman Larry Garrison.

It states: "Reports surrounding the DNA of Caylee Anthony are being disputed by the family and their attorney."

Garrison said he was just told that Caylee has not been found.

The statement also said the sheriff's department never told them that the University of Tennessee was conducting tests and that has not been confirmed.

The statement also said no plea deal is being discussed.

Bounty Hunter May Take Anthony Back To Jail

Meanwhile, the man who bonded out Casey Anthony said he would not have helped free her if he knew then what he knows now.

Leonard Padilla, who helped post Casey Anthony's $500,000 bond, said he has had second thoughts in recent days concerning his role in getting her out of jail.

"Had I known that she would not talk to me, coupled with that (discovery) report -- no, I would not have come (to Orlando)," Padilla said.

"You would not have bonded her out?" a reporter asked.

"No, absolutely not," Padilla said.

Padilla said his second thoughts come after reading more than 400 pages of documents made public this week.

"I've never run into a person who lives in a parallel universe and does not have a worry about what has happened to her 3-year-old daughter," Padilla said.

Much of the information had already been released, including that Anthony had told detectives a series of lies and was out partying days after her daughter was last seen, Local 6's Louis Bolden reported.

Casey Anthony also wanted to give her unborn daughter up for adoption, according to the documents.

A high school friend said Casey Anthony was interested in putting her child up for adoption, the document said.

Information To Be Used To Prosecute

The state plans to use the information to prosecute Anthony for a child neglect charge.

The released documents also include an arrest report and notes from detectives of interviews with Casey Anthony's friends and neighbors.

According to the documents, detectives said Anthony provided many details about the day she said she last saw Caylee, but did not give specifics, including cell phone numbers on how to reach friends whom she said could vouch for Gonzalez's existence, according to the documents.

Detectives said they also noticed a strange, suspicious depression near the swimming pool, the documents stated.

Holloway's Mother To Help

Also, help for the Anthony family is coming from the mother of Natalie Holloway.

Beth Holloway and Tim Miller, who is an investigator, will be in Orlando later this week.

The pair plans to meet with the family before starting their own search for Caylee.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

http://www.local6.com/news/17314942/detail.html

Sad bizarre case of Caylee Anthony Caylee10
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Sad bizarre case of Caylee Anthony Empty Update on Caylee Anthony...

Post by calcite51 Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:10 pm

That poor little baby - how my heart breaks at the idea that she probably is dead. I've been following this case fairly closely. The only thing I would argue about is the adoption angle. Many young, single women think of adoption as an 'alternative' (I have one friend who at 18 years old was in a bad situation, pregnant, alone (her family for all intents cut communications with her completely) and she had every intention of giving the baby up for adoption until the nurse on duty didn't realise that this child had been identified as a potential child for adoption and took the baby into my friend's hospital room. Once she held the baby in her arms, she managed to keep the baby and raised a very wonderful lady. I think Casey (Caylee's mom) does have a lot of problems - too bad her parents didn't recognize these problems and deal with them accordingly.
calcite51
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Sad bizarre case of Caylee Anthony Empty Hi Calcite and Diane

Post by Rosie Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:48 am

I keep popping in here hoping for some positive news. Maybe that this woman sold her child, I know this is a strange thing to hope for but it is better than the alternative.

I read all your entries and I do not know what to think. It is bizarre to say the least. Where was the child for the the past two years when the mother said she was working? Supposedly left with a babysitter? Do you think there is any possibility that she left the child on her own while she doe her "work"? Of course if the child is a chatterbox there is every likelihood that she would have told her grandmother all about being left, so this sort of rules this one out I suppose.
I think I would agree that perhaps she had harmed the child if it were not for two things 1) The child looks very cared for and what a gorgeous looking child she is too. and 2) The fact that she has talked about adoption on many occasions before.

This really sounds very suspicious to me, I just hope and pray that this is what has happened. I have to ask, if the Casey's parents knew she was struggling etc why on earth did they not step in before it got to this? Was Casey suffering from postpartum depression? (This is more severe that post natal depression) It can certainly last this length of time if left untreated and you have to hope if she was that it was picked up. Of course this is not to say that people suffering this terrible thing would harm their child because most do not. I am just trying to work out the reasoning that may be behind it all.

I just keep hoping and praying for good news.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by calcite51 Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:18 am

The news was not good last nite - some of the dna has returned indicating a body was in the trunk (boot) of the car decomposing. News last nite indicated Caylee's mom would be returned to jail by Saturday (due to security reasons was sited). The bounty hunter who posted Casey's bail previously said had he read the 400 pages report, they would NOT have posted bail.

Hopefully, Casey will tell someone (lawyer, parents) what happened and where little Caylee is.
calcite51
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by calcite51 Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:52 pm

Mother has been re-arrested (petty theft, fraud) - lots of rumours on this side of the ocean - the bond will be revoked, the bond will not be revoked. In any case, the mom is in jail again at this moment.

One item I found interesting in the news on this case was that there were protesters at the Anthony home - there are blogs on the internet and the bloggers are angry at Caylee's whole family and I guess that this one particular blog organized a protest in front of the Anthony's home. It's pretty disgusting that our society cannot let the wheels of justice do their job without interference. Protesting at the house of the grandparents, is heartless - these people are going through enough. It reminded me of when the McCanns had to install an emergency line in their home for their own protection.
calcite51
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Sad bizarre case of Caylee Anthony Empty Hi Calcite

Post by Rosie Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:20 am

calcite51 wrote:Mother has been re-arrested (petty theft, fraud) - lots of rumours on this side of the ocean - the bond will be revoked, the bond will not be revoked. In any case, the mom is in jail again at this moment.

One item I found interesting in the news on this case was that there were protesters at the Anthony home - there are blogs on the internet and the bloggers are angry at Caylee's whole family and I guess that this one particular blog organized a protest in front of the Anthony's home. It's pretty disgusting that our society cannot let the wheels of justice do their job without interference. Protesting at the house of the grandparents, is heartless - these people are going through enough. It reminded me of when the McCanns had to install an emergency line in their home for their own protection.

This is the worse news possible, people cannot take it out on her family, this situation is bad enough why make it worse? Do you think that she has murdered this beautiful little child? I don't know this whole situation is just so awful and so tragically sad, poor little girl.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by calcite51 Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:42 am

Rosie, in my heart I'm hoping the mother did NOT murder the baby but I'm not sure - the mother is a liar, very psychotic - I am hoping that IF Caylee is dead, it was an accident. I just know Casey's parents are devastated and looking desperately for their granddaughter. They certainly don't need the protesters on their front lawn; bad enough that the news crews are present too.
calcite51
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Sad bizarre case of Caylee Anthony Empty Calcite & Rosie

Post by dianeh Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:40 pm

I have just seen Geraldo, and Casey is in gaol and the bond has been revoked by the bondsman, and safety issues have been given as the reason. The bondsman cannot guarantee Casey's safety.

As to whether or not Casey killed Caylee. Im afraid that logic tells me that a sane person would not have killed their daughter (whether accidentally or not) and left her in the boot of the car to rot, and then pretend to the police that they dont know what happened. Surely even to a half wit, it is obvious that DNA will be found from a decomposing body. This was I couldnt quite believe that Casey had killed her. The way Casey acts, is like, I can lie to the police and they wont be able to get me for anything, because there is no evidence. And I assumed that this is because there had never been a body in the car or in the house. So Casey is either innocent of killing Caylee and disposing of her body, or completely insane, so much so that she has no grip on reality and did kill Caylee and left her in the boot. I also think that if Casey did kill her, it was no accident, or it was so negligent that it would be homicide (negligent homicide carries life in Florida, and first degree murder carries the death penalty).

Of course it needs to be pointed out, that if Casey did kill Caylee on purpose (think Susan Smith and killing her boys for a relationship with someone who didnt even want her), then she is facing the death penalty, so she will never tell where the body is because without the body, she will not get the death penalty. Although she could still go to gaol for life. So there are reasons why she wont tell if she did kill her accidentally. After all, second degree homicide, or manslaughter will not lead to life in prison. Her father would know all this. I wonder if he does know what happened and is now helping her to reduce her prison sentence. I dont think either of her parents, or her brother know for certain what happened to Caylee, but I do think that if she told them she accidentally killed Caylee and if it looked like she would go to gaol for life, they may have tried to help her out. Nothing can bring Caylee back if she is dead, but they might get to keep their daughter. Of course, this speculation may be far off, and Casey may just be acting on her own.

But now the DNA evidence is a bit strange. Air tests say a decomposing body was in the car. Some reports in the press say there was Caylee hair (not unusual), and others say that the hair was proven to be from a decomposing body. But the sheriff says that initial tests show a decomposing body but no proof yet as to from whom. You know I would have thought if the body smelt that cadaverine would have leaked and that it would be easy to get DNA from that. I guess I am saying that I thought that there would be abundant DNA evidence and that Casey would be charged.

This leaves two likely scenarios.

1. A body has been in the boot, and the police know whose body but are keeping quiet, to try to get Casey to tell them where she hid Casey's body.
2. The body wasnt in the boot long enough to leave evidence. So that begs the question as to whether or not Caylee's body was in the car. What if it was some other dead body (and not necessarily human) that was placed in the car for whatever reason, by someone wanting to implicate Casey in a crime, to make it look as though Caylee is dead.

And another scenarios is maybe another person finally disposed of the Caylee's body, and Casey doesnt know where it is. But I think very very unlikely. And it would have to be someone close to them, to do this.

Just seen Jesse's father on the tele. Jesse is Casey's ex fiance and she tried to trick him into believing he was Caylee's father but they did have a long relationship and are still in contact. The day of the flurry of phone calls, she spoke to him, and it was a normal sort of call, no panic, nothing about Caylee or anything much. The father also says the Casey wanted to be away from her parents, her mother especially was controlling her life. Jesse is also the one who says he heard Caylee in the background of a phone call after she was meant to be dead. And also the father said that he thinks that someone may have planted dead stuff in the car to make it look like Casey did something.

If Casey was into something illegal, and has been for two years, who knows what happened to Caylee. My feel now, based on the DNA and scent of death press releases is that Caylee is dead and was in the car for a while before being moved. But we all know just how bad the press and reports can be, particularly when they seem to have a few contradictions in them.

And with the twists and turns of Casey, this case is getting even more bizarre.

If Caylee is dead, then she is not suffereing, just her grandparents and family (not her mother though by the look of it). And if she is alive, then I would suggest that she was sold for adoption by either her mother, or by someone Casey owed a lot of money too. And if that is the case, she would be well cared for. So I dont worry for Caylee's safety, as she is either beyond help, or safe.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Sad bizarre case of Caylee Anthony Empty Hi Diane and Calcite

Post by Rosie Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:43 am

Of course I only have the information that you two have kindly put up and have had a look on the net but cannot find anything other than blogs and we all know about them!

My gut feeling is that hopefully and everything crossed this darling little child is still alive. Maybe her mum knew she was in danger because of what she (Cayse) has been involved in and gave Caylee to someone who she knew would look after her properly? Someone that would take her right off of the scene?
Maybe the frantic phone calls she made to her parents which were never answered on the day Caylee was said to have disappeared were to ask for help? This wasn't forthcoming so she made other arrangements ad hoc? The fact that the mother will not say where Caylee is, is because she doesn't know and would rather go to prison then revealing where her daughter is in case someone harms her? Something says that this child is actually alive.

I wish I knew more about this Air DNA, how can that be so? If it is air then surely they have nothing tangible to test? This sounds as reliable as relying on sniffer dogs finds. Even if this were so, how on earth could they prove this was belonging to Caylee? Sounds odd, off of the wall and totally bizarre to me.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sad bizarre case of Caylee Anthony Empty Police Confirm that Caylee's dead body was in the car

Post by dianeh Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:39 pm

http://www.wesh.com/news/17353349/detail.html

Investigator: Tests Indicate Body In Trunk Caylee
Lead Investigator Says Body In Trunk Was 3-Year-Old

POSTED: 2:21 pm EDT August 31, 2008
UPDATED: 8:03 pm EDT August 31, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- For the first time on the record on Sunday, Orange County investigators acknowledged that recent FBI lab tests indicated that Caylee Anthony's body was in her mother's trunk and that the child is dead.

Evidence from a Central Florida body farm showed that an odor emitted from Casey Anthony's car's trunk was human decomposition.

A lead investigator in the case told WESH 2's Bob Kealing that lab results indicated Caylee's dead body was in the trunk of that car. Sources also confirmed that a stain in the trunk was not what clinched the decision that Caylee was in the trunk, but it was the strands of hair that investigators suspected all along were Caylee's.

Investigators had not, until Sunday, disclosed that the decomposing body was, in fact, Caylee.

"The information we've gotten back from the lab that she was in the trunk of that car and that she is dead is certainly something we take seriously," said Orange County Sheriff's Office Sgt. John Allen.

The 3-year-old's grandmother, Cindy Anthony, called 911 in June saying she had not seen her granddaughter in several days and her daughter's car smelled like a dead body.

Cindy Anthony later rescinded her comment, saying the smell was an old pizza and some cleaning fluid.

On Sunday, 150 volunteers came out to help Texas Equusearch, an organization using computer mapping and other high-tech means to try to find some evidence of Caylee Marie Anthony.

"We've come across a lot of areas," said Mandy Albritton with Texas Equusearch. "We've ruled out a lot of areas she's not, so that's progress."

Orange County detectives are directing search teams to areas associated with their investigation, like a wooded area near the Amscot where Casey Anthony abandoned her car.

"The information we've gotten back from the FBI lab has clearly helped us focus our investigation," Allen said.

Police sources said the lab test that clinched the decision was on strands of hair belonging to Caylee that showed signs of decomposition. However, those tests did not provide a probable cause for how the child's body ended up in the trunk. Investigators said they're continuing to look into that.

"I want an apology from Sheriff Kevin Beary," Cindy Anthony said.

Meanwhile, Cindy Anthony said she's still fuming over her daughter's re-arrest on Friday. She refuses to buy into evidence that her granddaughter is dead.

"We need to start looking for a little girl that's walking and living and breathing and someone actually has her," Cindy Anthony said.

Sheriff's investigators said the timing of the arrest Friday was not orchestrated. They said these latest economic crime charges are a separate matter from the child neglect case.

With two new felony counts and one misdemeanor, Casey Anthony is now facing up to 17 years in prison if convicted of everything.

Now, I always knew this was a very real possibility, I just didnt want it to be true.

Poor little Caylee, hurt by the one that was meant to love her the most.

Rest in peace little angel.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Sad bizarre case of Caylee Anthony Empty Re: Sad bizarre case of Caylee Anthony

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down