Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CASE CLOSED

+6
littleminx
Mandz
tulip
joanypony
dianeh
helenm
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

CASE CLOSED Empty Case closed for Madeleine McCann? www.msnbc.com

Post by Mandz Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:23 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25482287/

Case closed for Madeleine McCann?
Commentary: Poorly conducted investigation into girl's disappearance ends
Video
Missing British girl's case closed?
July 1: Conflicting reports on whether police are closing the case of a missing British girl. NBC's Ned Colt reports.
MSNBC

There is video link within this article.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/25478330#25478330

If the case is to be closed then surely they must hand it over to Scotland Yard?
I have a horrible feeling the PJ will close the case and leave them with the suspect status. I also think they won’t allow any other police force to look at the case.
Mandz
Mandz
Apprentice's Assistant
Apprentice's Assistant

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

CASE CLOSED Empty Re: CASE CLOSED

Post by helenm Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:07 am

Mandz that has been my feeling all along that the Mccanns will be left in limbo with the arguido status hanging over them. I am hoping that the scenario provided by Tylersmum is correct. She stated that as Madeleine has been made a ward of court under British law, then those courts can instigate investigations in order to try and find her. Maybe they are waiting to see what is released when the files become public (if ever). We can but hope.
helenm
helenm
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

CASE CLOSED Empty Hi Helen!

Post by Mandz Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:32 am

Thanks Helen I do hope that is the case.
Mandz
Mandz
Apprentice's Assistant
Apprentice's Assistant

Back to top Go down

CASE CLOSED Empty Also

Post by dianeh Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:00 am

I think that if the PJ leave the case in limbo and the files are not released that there are a few remedies that can be undertaken.

I agree that as Madeleine is a WOC, that a court ordered investigation into her disappearance could be ordered. Also, an inquest to determine whether or not she is alive, could also be done. Both of these would mean that a formal request for the information in the files would be made for use by the British authorities.

But to be honest, I doubt that the case will be left with the McCanns as arguidos (or RM for that matter) and without access to the files. Portugal is very concerned about adverse publicity (look at the latest case of the tourist who was mugged and died, yet officially he died of a fall), so they will take this into account when making the decision. I think that a decision will be reached which will result in the case closed (but available for re-investigation if needed), arguido status dropped and the files available for use in private investigations, or investigation by another police force.

After all, what would happen in Britain if a sighting of Madeleine occurred. It would need to be investigated, and to do this, they would need access to the files to determine if anyone connected to the sighting has any connection to the previous investigation. Just providing an example. If the files were not available, and the British Police were unable to investigate properly because of it, can you imagine the outcry.

Portugal has nothing to gain by locking up the files and retaining the arguido status without any evidence. The opposite infact. And I have faith in the magistrate, and am confident he/she will make the best decision for everyone, especially for Madeleine.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

CASE CLOSED Empty CASE CLOSED

Post by Rosie Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:08 am

ARGUIDO STATUS LIFTED
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:11 am

Rosiepops wrote:ARGUIDO STATUS LIFTED

Arguido status lifted on all three arguidos - no evidence of any crime as far as the three arguidos are concerned.

Back to top Go down

CASE CLOSED Empty Arguido status lifted

Post by joanypony Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:13 am

Should never have been applied in the first place. An absolute farce and waste of time. The PJ had no evidence whatsoever. I still say they should be charged with perverting the course of justice.
joanypony
joanypony
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:13 am

Formerly Cleared all 3 suspects.

Looks like they will have to reapply to see their files, but this looks to be a formality. I hope thay can see them ASAP they need to get on and look for their daughter.

No one is looking for Madeleine, but then we have all known this since week 3.

No reason given for why they were made arguidos yet.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:14 am

Martin Brunt just reported that there will be public access to the files soon, possibly in 20 days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:16 am

joanypony wrote:Should never have been applied in the first place. An absolute farce and waste of time. The PJ had no evidence whatsoever. I still say they should be charged with perverting the course of justice.

No Joany, just as we have said all along No evidence and what is more no CRMINAL evidence to say that any crime took place.

Last edited by Rosiepops on Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:17 am

Clarence on Sky now
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:19 am

Sky News

Case can be reopened at anytime if credible evidence emerges.

An appeal can be made in respect of the file being archived.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:30 am

7pm this evening a press conference/statement will be given about Kate & Gerrys reaction to the latest news.

Back to top Go down

CASE CLOSED Empty Kate & Gerry

Post by Rosie Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:34 am

Are to give a brief news conference this evening at 7pm.

They are relieved that their arguido status has been lifted, but all they care about is finding Madeleine.

They need to see the case files, so that their investigators can continue the search for Madeleine and they hope the Portuguese authorities will co-operate and allow them to do this.

I think (and this is my interpretation) that a warning shot has been fired across the backside of Goncalo Amaral.

Clarence said they think this is disgusting that he is allowed to make money out of Madeleine and they would not be afraid to take any action necessary. They want to know what this money is going to be used for.

I think that this is going to get very uncomfortable for Amaral and for what he done to these people, long may that discomfort last!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

CASE CLOSED Empty Incidentally

Post by Rosie Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:37 am

Kate and Gerry quiet and dignified. Something that lardy boy LardyBoy could learn.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:40 am

permission to be granted to view the case files to interested parties.

I wonder who the interested parties are? Who do the Portuguese judiciary class as interested parties I wonder?

Last edited by Rosiepops on Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

CASE CLOSED Empty BBC

Post by tulip Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:40 am

If anyone wants to see video footage of Gonc justifying himelf to a British interviewer, see the main news page of the BBC now.
That is if you can bear looking at him!
tulip
tulip
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:49 am

Just collecting my thoughts at the moment, as I am feeling very emotional - mixed feelings of relief at the latest news, but concern and anxiety for the future and what can be done to breath some impetus into the now closed investigation.

I know we have repeatedly called for an independent review of the case, but this has never been taken up by Portugal and looks like it never will. We can only hope that the McCanns will have access to the files forthwith and that an urgent review of same by the McCanns representatives will result in new leads that could lead to the whereabouts of dear Madeleine. If credible evidence is found then the file can be reopened. I hope they appeal on the archiving of the case on the grounds that it is reasonable for them/their representatives to be given a period of time to scrutinise the files and compare same with their own information/enquiries.

Back to top Go down

CASE CLOSED Empty Thanks for the news Rosie!

Post by Mandz Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:58 am

Rosie thanks for the news! Excellent however sad - the whole thing is heartbreaking... :( :( :( :( :(
Mandz
Mandz
Apprentice's Assistant
Apprentice's Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:58 am

I feel like a great weight has been lifted, I'm floating. Imagine how Kate and Gerry must be feeling.

Lets find Madeleine now and leave the cynics to grumble their lives away.

Back to top Go down

CASE CLOSED Empty Goncalo Amaral

Post by Rosie Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:21 am

In an interview with the BBC, Goncalo Amaral - the former police chief leading the Madeleine inquiry - said he believed she was dead. We tried and we worked hard, so we can't be accused of incompetence or failure

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7516585.stm

Goncalo Amaral
Former head of Madeleine inquiry

There were no persecutions the police do not want to persecute anyone.

ON DNA

I guarantee there was no bluff in those interviews
Not at all, when all the documents are made public, people will see I am telling the truth.

"The evidence that we had gathered by the time that I left the case pointed to the girl being dead - and having died inside the apartment," he said.

"I don't know what happened next, I can't say. We'll have to wait for the case files to be made public."

Mr Amaral was removed from the case last October after reportedly criticising the British police.

He is now publishing a book about the investigation and denied that Portuguese police had failed to carry it out properly.

"Let's wait, and people will see that the Portuguese police and the British police did a good job - because various British agencies were involved.

"We tried and we worked hard, so we can't be accused of incompetence or failure."

Mr Amaral also insisted that despite them being made formal suspects, there was "no persecution" of the McCanns.

"The police don't want to persecute anyone - just to investigate what happened in a given case," he said.

This is just a damage limitation exercise by Gonc, trying to wriggle his self off of the hook!

The interviewer put it to him that he bluffed about the DNA evidence which he denied, but he must have done because we now know that the DNA evidence was not conclusive.

This is not a technicality, it is marker in DNA, it means that this evidence could have come from Kate, or Amalie, technicalities in DNA do not exist.

The piece of paper that was said to be waved about in front of Gerry McCann, which was meant to be proof, was a piece of paper with the dog reports on and as dogs can not stand in a witness box and take an oath, their evidence is inadmissible in court.

Also just now on Sky news they said that unofficial FSS sources have said this report that they had made a mistake in their results, is ludicrous!

Kate and Gerry's lawyers have just said that they will be able to see the case files by the end of this week!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

CASE CLOSED Empty UPDATE

Post by Rosie Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:22 am

Kate and Gerry's lawyers have just said that they will be able to see the case files by the end of this week!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

CASE CLOSED Empty Hi Mandz and Mod

Post by Rosie Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:25 am

Yes excellent news, but so sad, because now we know that for all these months the PJ have not been looking for Madeleine, it is one thing to know but then when it is more or less conformed officially, it is heartbreaking, just because Amaral, thought that Kate murdered her daughter.

Judging by this interview he still thinks this, well he would say that wouldn't he? He wants to sell his book to make money out of a missing little girl - nauseating odious creep.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by littleminx Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:06 am

im happy and sad rolled into one!!! thankfull that the aquido status as been dropped the mccanns can tell their side of the story, but sad because the police will no longer be looking for madeleine, but then again did they ever look for madeleine!! lets hope the pi,s get the information they need and madeleine can be found safe and well.
littleminx
littleminx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 450
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

CASE CLOSED Empty Just Watched Sky News

Post by Rosie Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:20 am

press conference.

Poor Kate and Gerry look absolutely devastated, this must be a terrible realisation, even though they knew long ago that the search had ceased, this must be like a knife in the heart to know this child is no longer being looked for, because of the insane accusations from Goncalo Amaral.

I am gutted for them and feel for them. I am so so angry at what has been done to Madeleine and to this dignified couple.

And it looks like the Portuguese authorities are stillterrifed that the reason why they were made arguidos will leak out, or rather there were NO reasons they were made arguidos.

Sahameful, trul truly shameful.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down