Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NI couple lose children to care in Portugal

2 posters

Go down

NI couple lose children to care in Portugal Empty NI couple lose children to care in Portugal

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2008 9:36 am

Children are a Gift from God ... They should be Cherished ... I hate to Judge but anything could of Happened :oops:

A couple who are believed to be from Northern Ireland had their three young children temporarily taken into protective custody on holiday in Portugal after they became so drunk that they passed out, officials said today.

Hotel staff in Vilamoura in the Algarve called police after the couple collapsed on Friday night.

They were rushed to a health centre in nearby Loule while their children aged one, two and six were taken to the Refugio Aboim Ascensao children’s home in Faro.

Dr Luis Villas-Boas, the home’s director, said the incident was “very very shocking”.

“It is the first time it has happened in my 22 years working at this home,” he said.

“It’s normal for a couple for one to drink while the other doesn’t drink. The problem here is they were both passed out.

“It was extreme neglect and abandonment. I hope somebody carries this information to the UK so these parents can at least be seen because these children are indeed at risk.

“They were in severe danger and there could be a risk because it is very unlikely it was the first time for the parents to drink like that.”

The incident happened on the eve of the first anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, who went missing from her family’s Algarve holiday flat while her parents dined nearby.
The couple arrived with their children at the Aparthotel Mourabel in Vilamoura on Friday for a one-week holiday.

On Friday night the parents had been drinking at a nearby bar with a happy hour until 8pm where a pint of lager costs just one euro, a barman at the hotel’s tapas bar said.

The husband collapsed in the hotel reception while his wife staggered into the bar with her children and fell into a chair, the barman said.

He added: “They were in here this morning and they were very, very upset about their treatment. They were sitting by the bar, looking very unhappy.”

A second barman said: “I don’t think they meant to drink that much but when they tried to stop I think they just couldn’t. They seemed very nice people. It is a great shame this happened.”

Dr Villas-Boas said his children’s home was called at just after midnight and asked to provide emergency shelter for the children.

The youngsters were given a quick hospital check-up in Faro then arrived at the home at about 5am on Saturday morning.

The three children showed no signs of neglect, and Dr Villas-Boas believe they not will have any lasting ill effects from their ordeal.

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/breaking/2008/0504/breaking49.htm

Back to top Go down

NI couple lose children to care in Portugal Empty Good gracious!

Post by Rosie Mon May 05, 2008 9:50 am

This sounds dreadful, so dreadful that i wonder if it is true! I am sorry, but I do not trust Portugal or the PJ and I wonder if this is yet another put up story by them to detract from the Madeleine McCann abduction anniversary. What impeccable timing!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

NI couple lose children to care in Portugal Empty Re: NI couple lose children to care in Portugal

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2008 10:03 am

Hiya Rosie,
All I could think was : Oh My God Anything could have happend to these Children ...
Thank god there are some Reliable Honest people in Portugal after all ... Maybe I'm Niave ( Sorry my Spelling is crap )
but I dont beleive that All the authorities are Corrupt, just enough of them to Hide Madeleine and other Missing Children. 😢
Janet
x

Back to top Go down

NI couple lose children to care in Portugal Empty Rosie, WM

Post by dianeh Mon May 05, 2008 10:07 am

This type of thing is quite common, that the parents are so drunk they cant look after their kids, I mean. It just doesnt make the papers. It is good to see that someone decided to look after the kids. In my home town, a young lady went home from the supermarket and left her baby (about 1 month old) behind because she was so drunk she could hardly walk. I know that someone (a friend of mine) rang the police and they refused to do anything. So what sort of day would that baby have had, probably not fed (and I am hoping it was bottle fed), dirty nappy, no bath, probably left to cry all day. And that would be a good day for it.

No, I am glad that someone decided to take care of the children. Hopefuly it will give the parents a bit of a hurry up and they will realise just how stupid they have been. Luckily, no one has been hurt and the children are OK.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

NI couple lose children to care in Portugal Empty Re: NI couple lose children to care in Portugal

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2008 10:21 am

I think this only made the papers due to Madeleine's Campaign and the timing and of Course, but hey this all Helps to Raise the Awareness of the Fact : Madeleine is still Missing & We are Still Looking for her !
I Just Wish People would Learn from this Tragedy .. Dont Let Them Hurt Our Children !
Janet
x

Back to top Go down

NI couple lose children to care in Portugal Empty After All I have Seen In Portugal

Post by Rosie Mon May 05, 2008 11:21 am

This past year, I am highly suspect of anything they say and do, this is what they PJ get for lying and leaking bizarre theories to the press.

However, if it is true then I am glad that it has been exposed and how utterly irresponsible is this? This to me is true child neglect and puts what Kate and Gerry did into the shade!

Checking their children every half hour and Kate and Gerry were not drunk, like the GNR inferred, they were wide eyed with terror and fear, pity the Portuguese police cannot tell the difference!

But I still do not trust the Portuguese authorities, I think there is something intrinsically wrong there!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down