Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BENNETT FACING THREE LIBEL ACTIONS

+2
christabel
Pedro Silva
6 posters

Go down

BENNETT FACING THREE LIBEL ACTIONS Empty BENNETT FACING THREE LIBEL ACTIONS

Post by Pedro Silva Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:16 am

My friends, this was taken from JATYK:

Three libel actions
Tony Bennett Today at 9:09 am

ANNOUNCEMENT

Three libel actions

I have just posted this announcement on the Madeleine Foundation's Facebook Group:

THE FIRST: EDWARD SMETHURST

On 4 August I received a letter from Carter-Ruck on behalf of the McCanns' co-ordinating lawyer Edward Smethurst complaining that certain postings of mine on the forum 'Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' were libellous of him. Despite these being removed within 24 hours, on 9 August Smethurst issued a libel writ against me in the High Court claiming damages and seeking an injunction preventing me from making any more (allegedly) libellous comments about him. He also obtained an ex-parte secrecy order by Master Eyre in the High Court preventing any third party from knowing the contents of any documents in the proceedings. He has now submitted detailed Particulars of Claim and I now have to answer them.

THE SECOND: THE MCCANNS

On 15 August I received another letter from Carter-Ruck, this time from the McCanns, claiming that I had breached one of four undertakings given to them by me in the High Court on 25 November 2009 (they do not claim that I broke any of the other three undertakings I gave). They say that I have breached an undertaking I gave promising not to suggest that they were responsible for Madeleine's death and may have covered it up. I have been told that they will be taking 'contempt of court' proceedings, seeking to have me either fined, or sent to prison, or apply for some or all of my assets to be seized. At present I believe I have a defence to this action but am seeking further legal advice. I have not yet been served with any actual Contempt of Court proceedings.

THE THIRD: BRIAN KENNEDY

Last night (6 September) after returning from a short period away with relatives I learnt from a third letter from Carter-Ruck (dated 2 September) that Brian Kennedy intends shortly to issue libel proceedings against me and has claimed that 10 articles on our website libel him. As an immediate response, the Committee of the Madeleine Foundation has agreed to remove all of those articles in their entirety from our website, pending more specific clarification from his lawyers as to what words in any of those published articlles are said to libel him.

I'll post updates about all this when I can, but I may be busy over the next few weeks defending all of these actions.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

BENNETT FACING THREE LIBEL ACTIONS Empty Re: BENNETT FACING THREE LIBEL ACTIONS

Post by christabel Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:00 pm

----Original Message----
Date: 07/09/2011 06:23
To:
Subj: NOTICE: Libel action by Brian Kennedy

Dear all

BRIAN KENNEDY

Last night after returning from a period away, I came back to another letter from Carter-Ruck, this time on behalf of Brian Kennedy. He intends to sue me for damages in relation to a number of articles published on The Madeleine Foundation website.

This is to let you know that we have decided to remove these articles from our website whilst we await clarification of precisely what Brian Kennedy finds libellous about them, and pending our full re-examination of the contents of these articles.

The ones he is objecting to are as follows:

1. Letter to Chief Constable of Leicestershire, 12 July 2010

2. Letter to Chief Constable of Leicestershire, 20 August 2010

3. 'Ray Wyre and the McCanns - What was the connection between the McCanns and the late paedophilia 'expert', Ray Wyre?'

4. 'Kevin Halligen, the McCanns, Clarence Mitchell and Brian kennedy: time the public had answers to some questions'

5. 'Brian Kennedy not to be investigated over allegedly perverting the course of justice in the Madeleine McCann case'

6. 'The creation of another McCann media event: The appearance of 'Monster Man' in January 2008'

7. 'A Rogue's Gallery - 13 Key Friends of the McCanns'

8. Letter to D.C.I. Andy Redwood of the Scotland Yard Review Team, 11 July 2011

9. Letter to D.C.I. Andy Redwood of the Scotland Yard Review Team, 21 July 2011

10. 'Brian Kennedy's actions following the disappearance of Madeleine McCann', by Seamus McGuigan.

If you have a website, blog or forum which has published any of the above articles, you may also like to consider removing them, as it is clear that Mr Kennedy regards them as libellous.

In the 3-page letter I received, Carter-Ruck refer to the Mark Hollingsworth article published by the Evening Standard in August 2009 and point out that it was not Brian Kennedy that was alleged to have intimidated witnesses, merely those working on his behalf.

The central charge against me by Carter-Ruck on behalf of Brian Kennedy is that the above articles on our website "...will clearly have been understood by readers to allege (as you no doubt intended them to) that our client has taken part in a criminal conspiracy to conceal the fact that Kate and Gerry McCann were responsible for the death of theirdaughter Madeleine in their holiday apartment in Portugal and that they subsequently disposed of her body and lied to the authorities about her fate; and/or that in particular, our client intimidated witnesses into keeping silent about potentially relevant evidence".

Tony Bennett

Secretary

The Madeleine Foundation

christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:11 pm

TB may have decided to remove these articles, but one thing is certain: that will not allow TB to escape to the law punishment.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

BENNETT FACING THREE LIBEL ACTIONS Empty RATTLED BENNET ADMITS HE IS ADMIN ON HAVERN´S

Post by Pedro Silva Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:32 pm

My friends, this was taken from JATYK:

http://jatyk.blogspot.com/2011/09/ratttled-bennett-admits-he-is-admin-on.html?zx=685f7c60e2e8e132

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:22 am

Exactly Pedro, as we say down here in the South "he is banged to rights" lol.

I think he has also underestimated how many weeks he may be "busy", if I was him I wouldn't be making any long terms plans lol.

Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:12 am

Yes Tinkerbell, you´re right.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:47 am

Tinkerbell43 wrote:Exactly Pedro, as we say down here in the South "he is banged to rights" lol.

I think he has also underestimated how many weeks he may be "busy", if I was him I wouldn't be making any long terms plans lol.

Tinks I'm afraid he doesn't realise how serious it is, he's still posting on the HellHole.
TYPING the answers he's got to his FOI's. He's crazy.

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:29 am

Shame Bennett nor Gonc having the best time at the moment, are they? tonobricks

Time for desserts to be served Happy Happy Happy
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Mulleena Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:53 am

How does that saying go the antis were so fond of quoting ? "slowly slowly catchee monkey"

popcorn thumbsup2

Mulleena
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:30 pm

I agree Cath. he is acting as though this is just another forum game.

He needs to get some real advice, and get serious, as these libel actions certainly are.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:22 pm

yes dianeh, you´re right. I agree with Cath.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down