Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I know who took Maddie - Hewlett - The Sun

+6
Tinkerbell43
Catkins
Rosie
vee8
Peaceful1
jackf
10 posters

Go down

I know who took Maddie - Hewlett - The Sun Empty I know who took Maddie - Hewlett - The Sun

Post by jackf Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:21 pm

I know who took Maddie

By ANTONELLA LAZZERI and ANDY CRICK

Published: Today

MADELEINE McCann suspect Raymond Hewlett confessed on his deathbed that he KNEW what happened to the little girl, The Sun can reveal.

In a letter to his estranged son Wayne, he denied having anything to do with Maddie's disappearance.

But he said he knew she had been stolen to order by a gipsy gang who kidnap children for wealthy couples unable to have kids or adopt.

Vanished ... Maddie
Hewlett, a serial paedophile seen near the spot where Maddie was snatched in Portugal, said they had a "shopping list" of potential targets - such as a little girl with blonde hair like Maddie.
Private detectives working for Maddie's parents Kate and Gerry are "extremely interested" in Hewlett's claims.

A source close to their ongoing investigation said: "What he says fits the No1 theory, which is that she was stolen to order."

Hewlett died of throat cancer in April, aged 62, after persistently refusing to meet the McCanns' detectives.

He became a suspect because of his appalling record of rape and abduction of children.

And he was living as a nomad in Portugal with his second family when Maddie vanished from the McCanns' holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in May 2007.

Shocked ... son Wayne
Hewlett's letter to builder Wayne, 40, was delivered to the son by a mystery man - thought to be a solicitor or a private eye - a week after he died.
Most of it was an apology for how his vile crimes had affected his first wife Susan and Wayne.

But then he went on to write about Maddie, who was nearly four when she went missing.

Wayne, of Telford, Shropshire, said: "It was a bolt from the blue and I shook when I read it.

"He stated he didn't want to go to his grave with us thinking he had done such a horrible thing.

"He said he had had nothing to do with taking Maddie but did know who had.

"He said a very good gipsy friend he knew in Portugal had got drunk and 'let it out' that he had stolen Maddie to order as part of a gang.

"My dad said this gang had been operating for a long time and had snatched children before for couples who couldn't have children of their own.

"Maddie had been targeted. They took photos of children and sent them to the people they were acting for. And they said Yes or No.

"Dad said the man told him it was nothing to do with snatching children for a paedophile gang or for a sexual reason.

"He said there were huge sums of money involved. And he totally believed what this man was saying."

The account fits with others surrounding the Maddie mystery.

Several strange men were seen taking photos of children around the Ocean Club resort in the days before she vanished. And The Sun revealed earlier this year that a British expat thought he had seen Maddie in a white van driven by a gipsy couple the day after she was lost.

Hope ... parents Kate and Gerry McCann
Wayne, who had no contact with Hewlett for nearly 20 years, said his father's letter seemed "very genuine".
He added: "I don't know if this is what happened to Maddie or not, but it does make sense. I can't believe he'd go to those lengths to make up some elaborate lie when he was so weak and ill."

Wayne said he considered going to Kate and Gerry with the letter but was worried it could cause them more heartache if it gave them false hope. He added: "I actually burned it because it unnerved me so much.

"To have a letter from someone you hated for so long was just mind-blowing. I couldn't deal with it."

Wayne did not contact The Sun about the message. We learned of its existence through a friend.

But now he intends to sit down with the Maddie detectives to tell them everything he knows.

The McCanns' spokesman Clarence Mitchell said last night: "We are extremely grateful to Wayne for coming forward with this information and the detective team will be interviewing him as a matter of priority."

a.lazzeri@the-sun.co.uk

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3119744/Paedophile-knew-who-took-Maddie.html

jackf
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Back to top Go down

I know who took Maddie - Hewlett - The Sun Empty Re: I know who took Maddie - Hewlett - The Sun

Post by Peaceful1 Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:28 pm

I have just read that in the Sun newspaper.
Let's hope this is the breakthrough they need.
Peaceful1
Peaceful1
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

I know who took Maddie - Hewlett - The Sun Empty Re: I know who took Maddie - Hewlett - The Sun

Post by vee8 Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:59 pm

OK, it is hopeful, but lets be wary of pinning our hopes on second hand info from a drunk gipsy. I would prefer a more 'reliable' source, if you know what I mean.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:48 pm

It's not the "drunk gypsy" bit that worries me, I think that is perfectly feasible and very often people talk when they are drunk. What concerns me is why his son would "burn" the letter because it "unnerved" him? If I had received such a letter, I would have put it away for safe keeping and apart from the bit about the "drunk gypsy" we have actually heard all this before.

However, having said that, it is no secret that I have always had the strongest of feelings that Hewlett was involved in Madeleine's disappearance, there is a way that this could have been done and I believe people have been barking up the wrong tree about this and this is why they have not broken through. Interestingly enough, months after I wrote down on here what I thought about Hewlett, Dave Edgar released something very similar and before people jump, no I do not think he read it on here, I do not live in a dream world and a detective of Edgar's stature will have more than just gut feelings before he released anything. However, it is no secret on here what I think about this man, I believe that he and an ex detective and other people living close by set this up, I would wager that Hewlett was the man seen looking at the apartment and Hewlett was part of the three people that snatched Madeleine that night. If I was the McCanns I would have paid Hewlett the money, even though I knew it was wrong, I could not care less if it help find my daughter.

Vee what do you mean you would prefer a more reliable source? Are the majority of sources reliable then?
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:59 pm

WTF One of the most publicised cases in recent times and the son does nothing?.......I can understand that he wouldn't want to upset the McCanns....but surely he could have spoken to his local Police Force?

I can't help it.... but I ALWAYS thought Hewlett knew more...and if not actually involved , he could have pointed the Police in the right direction... pullinghairout
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:46 am

Rosie, I meant the drunk gipsy! I'm not saying it isn't possible, but drunk people can also make up all kinds of stories to appear big. I am hopefull, and always will be, I'm just being cautious.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:32 am

Vanished ... Maddie
Hewlett, a serial paedophile seen near the spot where Maddie was snatched in Portugal, said they had a "shopping list" of potential targets - such as a little girl with blonde hair like Maddie.
Private detectives working for Maddie's parents Kate and Gerry are "extremely interested" in Hewlett's claims.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I can believe this although I do not believe it was some gipsy drunk that spilled the beans!. I've always thought Hewlett knew more than he was letting on and imo this tells me he was obviously on some kind of level with the people involved to know of and have sight of the "shopping list." I dont think he would have been in the same league as these people, he was possibly more of a goffer.

If we are to believe that he had seen Madeleine on a couple of occasions, then he would certainly know she also fitted the "targets" credentials.

If any of this letter is true, it could be why Hewlett said repeatedly that he did not kill The McCann girl. I always thought this was rather an odd statement to make.

I'm really bothered by the letter being burned, that doesn't make sense to me at all, but then I have not walked in Waynes shoes. Lets just hope some breakthrough comes from this.
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:45 am

Im not bothered by the son burning the letter at all. It would be good if he had not, because there may have been something in the letter that the detectives would recognise that the son would not.

But honestly, I can understand how the son didnt want anyone to know about the letter from his father, regardless of what was in it.

Possible reasons

1. He was ashamed to acknowledge that Hewlett was his father, and making the letter public would do this.
2. He didnt believe what was in the letter. He may have thought more lies from a father he totally despises and burnt the letter before realising its importance.
3. Perhaps the letter said more than he is letting on. Not necessarily about Madeleine but maybe about something else, that he didnt want anyone to see. He may feel shame.

People are human and sometimes react in a way they later regret. The fact he has at last offered to tell all he knows about it is a very good thing and he should be applauded for that. It cannot be easy to be known as the son of a paedophile.

Lastly, drunk gypsy. Not on your life. Hewlett made that up. He knew firsthand about the list of kids to look for. Like Rosie I have long believed that Hewlett at the very least knew who did it, even if he didnt do it himself. But this 'drunk gypsy' crap confirms my suspicion that he did it himself, or was part of a small gang, possibly containing gypsies that did it. He had contact with gypsies due to his lifestyle. They may have been his link to the abduction ring. After all, a gypsy hanging around looking at an apartment or taking photos on the beach would arouse suspicion. A Brit, not so much.

If this is true, then I bet Hewlett's wife knows about it. Perhaps that is why he burnt the letter. The detectives should ask her for her cooperation. Even if they did it though, it doesnt get Madeleine home, as there is no way now that the trail could be followed. But it does mean that she is alive.

Notice Hewlett put in the letter that she was not abducted for paedophiles, but for a family for adoption. Once again, adoption comes up. Although 3, almost 4 is old for an adoption, it is not if that is exactly what the couple want. And Madeleine was not big for her age. No nappies, easier to look after, no nanny needed etc. Many reasons why a three year old and not a baby or very small toddler.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:42 pm

Raises these questions for me....

Why now?
Why burn the letter?
Who delievered ?...Why say.... possibly a Solicitor or Private Eye...Which one?
If the father hadn't been in touch....How did this person know where to deliver this letter?
If it's a money making scam why not give it to Marianna and the small children?

Doesn't make sense.

Also....I Can't remember his name without checking the Files.

I found it very odd that out of all Staff Statements....only ONE person mentioned the Gypsies behind the Millenium Restaurant....also about thefts taking place..........Not one other person mentioned those. ...So was this person giving the PJ scapegoats to look at or not....to deflect away from himself ?
Why was he the only person to mention them?
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:46 pm

Im a bit bothered about the letter being burned to.Im bothered because inside the letter it also stated that Hewlett didn't want to die leaving people think he had something to do with madeleines abduction.So his son knew that the letter was to be shared,so why burn it??Although i agree,i aint been a part of Hewletts life and don't know what went on for his son so maybe he has his own reasons for wanting to burn it.

I hope the letter gives a new lead and a break through in this case.But i anit holding much hope i dont like building my hopes up only to be let down again.

It does make sense what he's saying,given that witnesses have mentioned seeing Madeline with gypsies etc.But i am also weary that a drunken gypsie told all to Hewlett.I would imagine hewlett is that drunken gypsie.

Lets not forget the guy at the camp site in Morocco...who stated Hewlett had a massive amount of cash on him all the time,never left the site but always had a load of cash and bragged about where he got it from.He also told someone how gypsies offered him cash for his own blond daughter!!! IMO he was possibly the one who was involved in Madeleine abduction and that's where he got his cash from.If he weren't involved in Madeleine abduction then you bet ya bottom dollar that he is involved in some sort of money making scam where kids are involved.

People who abduct children in a 'gang' for money etc don't go blabbing to someone as dim as Hewlett so freely and blatantly.

I don believe a gypsy told hewlett he took Madeleine for a childless couple,i think Hewlett knows who took Madeleine because he was either involved or because he bloody well knows the gang who took her ...........because hes normally a part of it.
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:06 pm

He doesn't want to die leaving people believing he had something to do with Madeleines abduction??

Yet he fails to talk to detectives while he is alive??

Instead he leaves a cheesy letter to be read when hes dead??

WHY?

Doesn't take a psychologist to work that one out.
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:21 am

I cant understand why he burned the letter either Clairesy but I definately think he has been struggling with his conscience. He knew the minute he made this public he becomes once again the son of Raymond Hewlett something I would imagine he has spent his whole life trying to leave behind.

This is what makes me believe the letter is genuine, I cannot see any reason why Wayne would want to project himself into the spotlight otherwise.
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:32 am

Tinkerbell, it is entirely possible that your reasoning about Hewlett's son not wanting to be publicly known as Hewlett's son is the reason the letter was burned.

And I agree it also lends weight to the argument as to the autenticity of the letter. The thing is, it need not be a deathbed confession, it could be just an attempt to have one final manipulation after he was gone. You know, the last laugh from beyond the grave. He probably wanted evryone to know just how important he was. I still think Hewlett knew the answer to what happened to Madeleine, and so does his wife.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by littleminx Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:44 am

dianeh wrote:Tinkerbell, it is entirely possible that your reasoning about Hewlett's son not wanting to be publicly known as Hewlett's son is the reason the letter was burned.

And I agree it also lends weight to the argument as to the autenticity of the letter. The thing is, it need not be a deathbed confession, it could be just an attempt to have one final manipulation after he was gone. You know, the last laugh from beyond the grave. He probably wanted evryone to know just how important he was. I still think Hewlett knew the answer to what happened to Madeleine, and so does his wife.

hi everyone
i have to say i dont agree with wayne burning the letter but like diane said maybe there could have been something else wrote in the letter that he didnt want ppl to see ( maybe something about waynes past?)
i think hewletts wife should be taken in for questioning because if hewlett knew anything about maddi,s disapearance then so would she.. and i believe put under pressure she might just crack
something else that i keep asking myself is.. did hewlett sell his own child!! because i dont believe a child could die and be buried and no death certificate to be seen!!!

little minx
littleminx
littleminx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 450

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:40 am

Good point littleminx, I agree with you.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:36 pm

[quote]
I cant understand why he burned the letter either Clairesy but I definately think he has been struggling with his conscience. He knew the minute he made this public he becomes once again the son of Raymond Hewlett something I would imagine he has spent his whole life trying to leave behind. [quote]

Tinks ...well its the only reason i can fathom as to why someone would want to put fire to it to. Hewlett is a monster so i wouldn't imagine his kids lives were anything but hell.And the way the papers and media (and also the public) treat witnesses in this case i think he would be terrified to hand over whatever was written to him by his so called father.
I believe what his son as said,i have no reason to doubt that he would lie about what hewlett said in the letter.But i dont believe what hewlett wrote was true.I wondered weather his son believed it to?

minxy good point about the death of their child in an unmarked grave etc.Also..Hewlett once bragged he got asked to sell one of his children by some gypsy people.. IMO people don't just go around asking someone if they would like to sell their child unless they feel comfortable in knowing that person wouldn't be offended or smack them in the gob and report to them to cops.Why would they feel comfy asking hewlett if he would like to sell his child?

Dont take a good psychologist to work that one either does it.

Just a thought here.sumut that come to me this monring

hewlett was asked to sell his little blond child same age as maddie by a gypsy family ok.He refused.

He turns up not long after Madeleine vanishes in a Moroccan campsite with his family..A guy who also stayed at that camp site stated Hewlett had a lot of cash on him..never worked but had loads of money wads of it ..and bragged about how there is money to be made in such crimes.

Did Hewlett help this gypsy family get a blond child?Is Hewett part of this gang he mentions in his letter?Were they looking for a child with blond hair (like Hewletts little girl) but because he wouldn't sell his own child did they then go and get Madeleine and sell her?Is that how Hewlett got his hands on soo much cash?

clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:06 am

Clairsey

This letter definitely brings Hewlett and the gypsy connection back into the spotlight.

Hewlett may have mentioned the gypsy because it was true, or maybe to just further manipulate the McCanns and his own son. He may be the 'gypsy' referred to in the letter.

We cant possibly know. I for one do not doubt the letter's existence, and it will be up to the McCann's detectives to try to sort the BS from the truth. And that is very hard when dealing with a serial liar and manipulator as Hewlett was.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:25 am

dianne i agree.I also wonder if Hewlett could be the gypsy in question. Sometimes a big liar (like he is) will convince themselves they are telling the truth.I think the mccanns will have probably already worked him out a long time ago though.I remember Clarence once saying that anything they let out into the press is already investigated by them ,they are one step ahead so to speak so that they dont alert any criminals involved to what they are doing or what they know.

I think minxy hit the nail on the head though when she said to drag his wife in questioning.She must know something.especially if hewlett knows something.If she aint involved then he still would have had to given her explanations of some sort as t why they are shifting from one country t another s quickly when they are travellers and have no money.I cant afford to do that so i don't know how they an do it when they live in a van and on the side of the road with al them kids and no jobs.Also surely she would have questioned where he got that wad of cash from he was seen with in morroco.
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down