Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British tourist arrested for taking photos of eight-year-old children on Algarve beach

+4
Catkins
Pedro Silva
Mulleena
Rosie
8 posters

Go down

British tourist arrested for taking photos of eight-year-old children on Algarve beach Empty British tourist arrested for taking photos of eight-year-old children on Algarve beach

Post by Rosie Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:57 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1304758/British-tourist-arrested-taking-photos-children-Algarve-beach.html

A British tourist has been arrested on suspicion of taking photographs of children on a beach on the Algarve.
The 48-year-old was held after three sets of parents noticed him taking pictures of youngsters. Police said they found a number of photos of children aged eight to 15 on his camera.
He was arrested by officers from the Maritime Police on the Marinotel beach in the popular resort of Vilamoura at around 3pm on Thursday.
The man was arrested on Marinotel beach in the resort of Vilamoura for taking a number of photos of children aged between eight and 15
A new lead? The arrest was made around 50 miles east of where Madeleine McCann disappeared in 2007
The beach is around 50 miles east of Praia da Luz, the seaside village where Madeleine McCann disappeared in May 2007.
Commander Marques Ferreira said: 'A 48-year-old Englishman was seen photographing children on the beach at Marinotel in Vilamoura and was arrested by the Maritime Police.
'We were able to verify the existence of many photographs of children aged between eight and 15.'

A police source said witnesses claimed 'the man pointed his camera several times at children who were playing in the sand by the water'.

A Portuguese holidaymaker told newspaper Diario de Noticias: 'When the police arrived on the beach, they were able to see the man still taking photos.'

The suspect, who has not been named, was due to appear at a court in the nearby town of Loule this morning.

Police made him an 'arguido' or formal suspect on Thursday evening before releasing him on bail.
Neighbouring resorts: The map shows how close Vilamoura is to Praia da Luz, where Madeleine McCann went missing

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1304758/British-tourist-arrested-taking-photos-children-Algarve-beach.html#ixzz0xBp9isrR
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

British tourist arrested for taking photos of eight-year-old children on Algarve beach Empty Re: British tourist arrested for taking photos of eight-year-old children on Algarve beach

Post by Mulleena Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:16 am

I just hope that this person is investigated as a person of "interest" in Madeleine's abduction!!
I recall a report of a person taking photographs of children around the time of Madeleine's abduction.

Mulleena
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

British tourist arrested for taking photos of eight-year-old children on Algarve beach Empty Re: British tourist arrested for taking photos of eight-year-old children on Algarve beach

Post by Pedro Silva Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:50 am

Rosie my friend, thank you for this link. I agree with you Mulleena my friend. Also, Vilamoura has a marina. Who knows.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:06 pm

My friends, any updates about that link?

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:05 pm

morning.

The investigation was contin­uing, said a police spokesman.

Earlier this month another man was arrested for taking inappropriate photographs of children who were playing naked on a beach nearby.

The 40-year-old was detained by local police at the Cavalo Preto beach, just outside Vilamoura, after he failed to offer an explanation for his actions
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:34 pm

At last! the Portuguese police appear to be taking these things seriously! Did it really have to take a global recession and a dramatic slump in Portugal's tourist trade to make them see sense?

Hopefully now the Portuguese government will act and realise that this story is NOT going to go away because we will NOT allow it to go away. Madeleine's abduction MUST be investigated properly, she must be found and the culprits found and put away where they can no longer harm another innocent child and her family.

No wonder Goncalo Amaral is looking shell shocked, he knows his own authorities are going to to be investigating him and perhaps with the same methods Amaral used against Leonor Cipriano!

Your time is nearly up Amaral, I kept warning you to act and tell what you knew now your own authorities are coming after you!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:17 am

Hopefully lessons have been learnt and the equipment,negatives, films and pc's etc of these two perverts will be thoroughly looked at !
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:04 am

Mulleena wrote:I just hope that this person is investigated as a person of "interest" in Madeleine's abduction!!
I recall a report of a person taking photographs of children around the time of Madeleine's abduction.

The Polish Couple. And they never had a look at their camera, the photo's on it.
But I recall there's been someone else too.

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:03 am

Mulleena wrote:I just hope that this person is investigated as a person of "interest" in Madeleine's abduction!!

I recall this too Mulleena and dug this out from my files, be interesting to see if the description fits.

"The files reveal that on May 9 last year – six days after Madeleine disappeared – officers interviewed Ernesto Mochacho, owner of a restaurant on Zavial beach, a 20-minute drive from Praia da Luz, which has a naturist area.
Mr Mochacho recalled seeing the McCanns with their three children for the last time at his restaurant in April.
His son, who also works at the restaurant, the only one on the beach, said he told police he had seen a "tall, thin Englishman in his forties" taking photographs".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2529324/Madeleine-McCann-Strange-Englishman-photographed-children-on-beach.html
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Mulleena Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:33 am

Thats the one Tinks, very strange he was never seen again as well.
I must say Im appalled at some of the comments Ive read on anti forums and newspaper columns that think the families who reported this latest "photographer " as overreacting.
The mind boggles why a lone man would take pictures of children of certain ages who is neither related nor a hired beach photographer.

Mulleena
Learner
Learner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:54 am

Yes, thats the one.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:25 pm

Mulleena wrote:Thats the one Tinks, very strange he was never seen again as well.
I must say Im appalled at some of the comments Ive read on anti forums and newspaper columns that think the families who reported this latest "photographer " as overreacting.
The mind boggles why a lone man would take pictures of children of certain ages who is neither related nor a hired beach photographer.

It's what they do, Mulleena. They jump to the defence of any paedophile, criminal or dodgy person who makes the abduction of Madeleine look credible.
If the idiot is ever caught they will be there to defend him to the hilt.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:01 pm

Mulleena wrote:Thats the one Tinks, very strange he was never seen again as well.

In over 20 years of Algarve beaches.............I have never once seen a photographer trying to take and sell your pictures............Water Parks yes....Beaches ..NEVER.
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:13 am

Catkins wrote:

In over 20 years of Algarve beaches.............I have never once seen a photographer trying to take and sell your pictures............Water Parks yes....Beaches ..NEVER.

I wonder if those that defend this picture taking, would like pictures of their children taken and ending up on some paedophiles computer?
In these days of digital photography and virtually everyone having digital camera, how likely is it that someone on the beaches would take photographs and then try and sell them to the parents? It would not be very viable and just for the record, if someone purposely took a photo of one of my grandchildren on a beach and I saw him, he would be either minus his legs or his camera, probably both and I could not give a monkeys what excuse he came out with, that is a HUGE no for me, as it would be to any sane and logical parent, grandparent or guardian.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:34 pm

Briton arrested in Algarve for child beach photos: My 80 pictures are 'for research', says clothes buyer

Last updated at 1:14 AM on 23rd August 2010

Comments (0)Add to My Stories

Arguido: Mr Jones has been made a formal suspect - 'arguido' - and may be recalled to Portugal if police take the case futher
A British business executive has appeared in a Portuguese court after being accused of taking photos of children on a beach.

Parents had been alarmed when they saw 48-year-old grandfather Rhys Jones - who works for international clothing retailer Peacocks - arrive at an Algarve holiday resort alone and start taking pictures of boys in their swimwear.

When the parents complained, a row developed, police were called, and father-of-two Mr Jones was arrested.

The beach is 50 miles from where Madeleine McCann disappeared from her parents’ apartment in Praia da Luz in May 2007.

It is understood that 80 pictures of boys aged eight to 15 were found on the camera.

But Mr Jones has told the Daily Mail that while he had been ‘absolutely stupid’, he had an innocent excuse - he was impressed by the youngsters’ swimwear, wanted his firm to copy it, and was taking photos as research.

The businessman, who was holidaying in a hotel in Vilamoura with his wife Ann and his 14-year-old son, spoke before appearing in an Algarve court on Friday afternoon.

The keen amateur sportsman, who runs an under-14s football team and is chairman of the Welsh Club Cricket Conference, has worked for Peacocks for 30 years and is international operations and development controller.

Last Thursday he was on the beach at Vilamoura when he said he realised young male holidaymakers were wearing swimwear unlike that stocked by Peacocks.

On the spur of the moment, he said, he began photographing boys playing in the sand, with the aim of showing them to colleagues to suggest they stocked similar trunks, particularly for sales in Peacocks stores in Cyprus and Malta.

Police were called after parents objected. Mr Jones said: ‘I was absolutely stupid. When parents approached me I realised what an idiot I’d been. ‘I can fully understand the parents’ reaction.I’ve been bloody stupid. My wife keeps telling me I’m an idiot – she’s right, I was.

‘But I didn’t try to sneak any pictures, I did it all openly.’ Mr Jones said he is worried about his job at Peacocks, which is based close to his home in Cardiff.

'Research': Rhys Jones has worked for clothing company Peacocks for over 30 years

Portuguese police commander Marques Ferreira said: ‘A 48-yearold Englishman was seen photographing children on the beach at Marinotel in Vilamoura and was arrested by the Maritime Police.

‘We were able to verify the existence of many photographs of children aged between eight and 15.’

A police source said witnesses said, ‘The man pointed his camera several times at children who were playing in the sand by the water’.

More...
Shock for man ordered off flight and arrested by armed police at Heathrow... because of a traffic dispute seven months earlier

Mr Jones has been named an ‘arguido’, or formal suspect, and appeared in a court on Friday with a local lawyer to answer initial questions, but is understood to have been allowed to return home with his wife and son at the weekend.

He will be recalled to Portugal if the court decides to take the case further.

Taking photographs of children without their parents’ permission is a crime in Portugal.

Mr Jones was on Saturday due to play cricket in his position as captain of the Lisvane Second XI in Cardiff and is due to go on a cricket tour of Berkshire today.

One of his friends said last night: ‘He has been one of the stalwarts of the cricket club for many years, joining as a teenager just after its foundation in the late 70s.

‘I can’t believe he has ended up in a Portuguese court. He’s a straightforward guy with a great sense of humour.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1305307/Briton-arrested-child-beach-photos-My-80-pictures-research-says-clothes-buyer.html#ixzz0xOEpMaaI
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mulleena Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:43 pm

It is understood that 80 pictures of boys aged eight to 15 were found on the camera.

No not buying his excuses not one iota!!

Mulleena
Learner
Learner

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:03 am

Rosie wrote:
Catkins wrote:

I wonder if those that defend this picture taking, would like pictures of their children taken and ending up on some paedophiles computer?
In these days of digital photography and virtually everyone having digital camera, how likely is it that someone on the beaches would take photographs and then try and sell them to the parents? It would not be very viable and just for the record, if someone purposely took a photo of one of my grandchildren on a beach and I saw him, he would be either minus his legs or his camera, probably both and I could not give a monkeys what excuse he came out with, that is a HUGE no for me, as it would be to any sane and logical parent, grandparent or guardian.
Agree.....they'd have much difficulty retrieving their camera after I caught them......
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:27 am

http://www.algarveresident.com/story.asp?XID=37700

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mulleena Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:03 am

Thank you for the update Pedro.

Mulleena
Learner
Learner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:00 am

You welcome Mulleena.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

British tourist arrested for taking photos of eight-year-old children on Algarve beach Empty RE: SUSPICIOUS PHOTOGRAPHER.

Post by Royal Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:57 am

[b]
Good afternoon my friends, I have been AWOL for some time and decided its time I showed my face again, well not my face... you know what I mean! This English guy taking childrens photographs, somebody has pointed out that it's an offence to take photo's of children on Portuguese beaches and I must confess I was not aware of that fact, not that I have or ever shall be visiting Portugal. Could it be that this guy was also not aware of this ruling? I am not saying that his intentions were innocent as his actions were quite extraordinary to say the least, in fact I'd go as far as to say his behaviour was very questionable and certainly most undesireable. But as I understand it he was holidaying with his wife and children which if nothing else suggests there is little likelihood of their being a Madeleine connection. Even so, knowing as he must surely do the controversy over missing children in Portugal one would expect the man to have a bit more common sense. Having said that, there is nothing to say that the mans actions were totally innocent, indeed he may well be a sexual pervert, God only knows there seems to be such a lot of the evil sods in the world, but I somehow have the feeling it's more likely he made a big mistake, wasn't thinking very straight and hasn't got the brains he was born with. Perhaps the police were more or less satisfied with his explanations otherwise I think they would have held him for further questioing? Perhaps I am wrong, it certainly wouldn't be for the first time. One thing is for sure, with all the publicity the police of both countries will be keeping a close eye on him in furture.[justify]
Alroy.

Royal
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down