Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portuguese newspaper 24horas today

+7
whymadeleine
christabel
Mulleena
maria
Catkins
Sabot
Pedro Silva
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Portuguese newspaper 24horas today Empty Portuguese newspaper 24horas today

Post by Pedro Silva Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:09 pm

British newspapers requested update of image to an expert.

One week of the 3rd anniversary of the disappearance, multiply iniciatives for remembering Madeleine, at the occasion of the 3rd anniversary.

Jovey Hayes, a north-american artist expertise at the restoration and recovery of photos, created, as a request of two British newspapers, "Daily Express" and "Sunday Express", an image of Madeleine McCann with the aspect she could have today, with almost 7 years-old. The iniciative of the two tabloids, this time made independently of te child´s parents, aims to revive the subject of the disappearance with the approach of the 3rd anniversary.

At this image, Madeleine is shown much taller, about 10 to 17 cm, with a prominent face. The artist suggests that people concentrates now on the "new look" of the child, with jeans and tennis, this may be the clothes that Madeleine may use in day-to-day - "almost like a uniform", like Jovey says.

Interview at May 3:

Kate and Gerry McCann, the parents of Madeleine, will return to the tv screens by the occasion of the 3rd anniversary, at May 3.

According to a responsible of GMTV channel, the couple decided to grant the only tv interview in England to the presenter Lorraine Kelly. "Lorraine has been a big support for the family", explained a source close to the couple, underlined that it is a "thank you" to the presenter, but also serves to remind that the child is still missing. The interview will be pre-recorded and broadcast later.

The 24horas found meanwhile that Kate and Gery are preparing other interviews to Portuguese and Spanish tv channels.

Enquiry under suspicion:

An analysis of the survey conducted by the PJ in Portugal - to be released next month - and which was conducted by foreign experts over several months, have turned to the point a number of inconsistencies in the testimonies of the parents of Madeleine and the group of English that accompanied them in Praia da Luz.

"Since the police were called, to the interrogations conducted in England, there are "faults" and contradictions that have prevented completion of the investigation and conditioned the investigations", said the 24horas one of the authors of that analysis. The initiative is private and has no legal link, but also involves police in active as well as experts in security and crime.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Portuguese newspaper 24horas today Empty Re: Portuguese newspaper 24horas today

Post by Sabot Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:40 pm

Re 24Horas.

Obviously no allowances for the panic situation which prevailed at the time.

Survey conducted by The PJ. Say no more.

Let's hope they say something Libellous

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:45 pm

Portuguese newspaper 24horas today 449483 Are we taking bets on how honest this will be?
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:49 pm

Catkins wrote:Portuguese newspaper 24horas today 449483 Are we taking bets on how honest this will be?

Debatable. Can they afford a law suit?

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:51 pm

Sabot wrote:
Catkins wrote:Portuguese newspaper 24horas today 449483 Are we taking bets on how honest this will be?

Debatable. Can they afford a law suit?

Masculine pride at stake !!

Making things fit also seems to be a hobby..........
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:20 pm

Nothing new.

Amaral spoke about this, but I'm not sure the conclusions will go his way, they probably will. But I know that there is a libel trial coming up and activities/reports like these can do a great harm if in the hands of people with no principles or respect (don't know the correct wording) like Cabrita and Amaral. Specially if these reports are not official or acknowledged by proper authorities.

My only answer to that is: why did it take this long to determine that there were inconsistencies? Shouldn't PJ have noticed it on the spot? What the heck were they doing under the cover of 'investigating Madeleine McCann disappearence'?

By the way, as Vee said, worth repeating

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/article10142.ece
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:05 pm

So we are going to get an independent, without legal weight, analysis of the case to explain why the case could not be completed?

We should also remind ourselves of the law enforcement analysis of the case which DOES hold legal weight.

Therefore, after all seen, analysed and duly pondered, with all that is left exposed, it is determined:

a) The archiving of the Process concerning arguido Robert James Queriol Eveleigh Murat, because there are no indications of the practise of any crime under the dispositions of article 277 number 1 of the Penal Process Code;

b) The archiving of the Process concerning Arguidos Gerald Patrick McCann and Kate Marie Healy, because there are no indications of the practise of any crime under the dispositions of article 277 number 1 of the Penal Process Code.

-------------------------------------

The independent analysis is nothng short of propaganda!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:12 pm

They are pushing their luck. A dangerous game.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mulleena Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:41 pm

Is 24 Horas the newspaper that Amaral writes a column for?

Mulleena
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:03 am

About GA, he doesn´t write any columns. Duarte Levy was the author of that news at 24horas today, I know this, because I bought the newspaper, in which he says on top of the main text: "Text - Duarte Levy", then I translated to our forum.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:11 am

I believe Kate and Gerry will be interviewd tomorrow by Lorraine, but will be shown for viewers on Wednesday morning.
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:34 am

My friend christabel, thank you for this useful information.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by whymadeleine Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:36 am

Pedro Silva wrote:About GA, he doesn´t write any columns. Duarte Levy was the author of that news at 24horas today, I know this, because I bought the newspaper, in which he says on top of the main text: "Text - Duarte Levy", then I translated to our forum.

Yes well that about says it all .. I have read some disturbing posts from DL

Wasn't sure where to post this, but here is something that's gonna rile the Antis just in time for the anniversary.

Maddy cops £22K bill for 196 jet trips

26/04/2010

EXPENSES
A british police force took 196 flights to Portugal costing £22,000
in the first year of the search for Madeleine McCann.

And it ran up 709 days supporting her parents, Gerry and Kate, and
helping Portuguese cops.
Flights to Portugal by Leicestershire Constabulary from May 2007 to
July 2008 cost £22,055.
The force said: "Officers used budget airlines."

Madeleine, from Rothley, vanished from Praia da Luz on May 3, 2007,
aged three. Revealed under the Freedom of Information Act, the total
cost of the first year of the probe to the force was £500,000, most of
which will be met by the Home Office.
whymadeleine
whymadeleine
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2010-04-02

https://www.youtube.com/user/JANETMARIEJAMES

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:41 am

That's not a lot of money per flight. Seems cheap.
And completely necessary in light of the fact above that anonymous former sources and police in Portugal, answerable to no one, continue to focus on pinning down the McCanns and their friends.
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:02 am

An analysis of the survey conducted by the PJ in Portugal - to be released next month - and which was conducted by foreign experts over several months, have turned to the point a number of inconsistencies in the testimonies of the parents of Madeleine and the group of English that accompanied them in Praia da Luz.

"Since the police were called, to the interrogations conducted in England, there are "faults" and contradictions that have prevented completion of the investigation and conditioned the investigations", said the 24horas one of the authors of that analysis. The initiative is private and has no legal link, but also involves police in active as well as experts in security and crime.

Of course it needs to be pointed out that any 'contradictions' in the testimony of the McCanns and their friends only has relevance if they were the ones that committed the crime. If Madeleine was abducted, then the 'contradictions' are meaningless, and cannot be used as an excuse for not solving the case. Since there is no evidence at all to support the supposition that the McCanns are responsible for Madeleine's disappearance, then it is logical to assume that the 'contradictions' are in fact meaningless and being presented for purposes other than seeking justice for Madeleine.

Also, if there is any links between this report and its authors, and Amaral, Paiva etc, then the authors cease to be independent, and any conclusions reached as invalidated and should lead to a corruption investigation. And lastly, if this 'report' contradicts the findings of the British review, then these 'experts' are going to be made to look as though they are covering up something, and may find themselves in the position of having to defend themselves from charges of corruption and incompetence. Yes, a very dangerous game indeed.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by maria theresa Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:53 pm

People making up a story to cover their tracks, especially in the case of something this serious, would make certain there were NO contradictions. If there ARE any contradictions, they testify to the normality of the process which was taking place. People usually do remember things a bit differently, especially in the relaxed atmosphere of leisure time or holidays. If I had to give exact times for the things I did yesterday (as I was not at work), I would find it difficult. I might well leave out odd things as well. This is because I was not making an effort to remember and NOT assuming I'd have to give an account of my actions later on!

Of course, if I was concocting a story, with several other people who wanted to help me make the story seem real, then I'd make sure all our details tallied.

That's apart from the fact that the suggestion that the McCanns' friends would wish to help them cover up a crime involving their little girl is preposterous anyway. For both moral and selfish reasons, even the closest of friends wouldn't do such a thing. It would be both profoundly wrong to shield criminals AND profoundly stupid for anyone to risk their own reputations and careers by trying to do so.

It wouldn't happen.

maria theresa
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by whymadeleine Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:18 am

bluj1515 wrote:That's not a lot of money per flight. Seems cheap.
And completely necessary in light of the fact above that anonymous former sources and police in Portugal, answerable to no one, continue to focus on pinning down the McCanns and their friends.

How can any price be put on the life of a child ?
Obviously there will be some people out there that begs to differ Portuguese newspaper 24horas today 449483 maybe if the pj were not so secretive and took up the offer of Scotland yard & others in the early days, not only might Madeleine have been found but the cost may have been alot lower..

just came across this,was anyone here aware of this leading up to Madeleine's dissapearance?
http://www.mercatornet.com/articles/view/Are_we_sleepwalking_into_a_surveillance_society/

In the case of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann (2007), the UK police asked visitors at the Resort in Portugal in the two weeks prior to child’s disappearance to provide any photographs of passers-by for use in a biometric facial recognition system. Since 2001 a retinal system has helped apprehend thousands of persons re-entering the wealthy UAE with fraudulent travel documents.
whymadeleine
whymadeleine
Learner
Learner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:34 am

A child´s life has no price my friend.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:21 am

maria theresa wrote:People making up a story to cover their tracks, especially in the case of something this serious, would make certain there were NO contradictions. If there ARE any contradictions, they testify to the normality of the process which was taking place. People usually do remember things a bit differently, especially in the relaxed atmosphere of leisure time or holidays. If I had to give exact times for the things I did yesterday (as I was not at work), I would find it difficult. I might well leave out odd things as well. This is because I was not making an effort to remember and NOT assuming I'd have to give an account of my actions later on!

Of course, if I was concocting a story, with several other people who wanted to help me make the story seem real, then I'd make sure all our details tallied.

That's apart from the fact that the suggestion that the McCanns' friends would wish to help them cover up a crime involving their little girl is preposterous anyway. For both moral and selfish reasons, even the closest of friends wouldn't do such a thing. It would be both profoundly wrong to shield criminals AND profoundly stupid for anyone to risk their own reputations and careers by trying to do so.

It wouldn't happen.
I totally agree with you Maria..........
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:22 am

whymadeleine wrote:
bluj1515 wrote:That's not a lot of money per flight. Seems cheap.

How can any price be put on the life of a child ?
Obviously there will be some people out there that begs to differ Portuguese newspaper 24horas today 449483 maybe if the pj were not so secretive and took up the offer of Scotland yard & others in the early days, not only might Madeleine have been found but the cost may have been alot lower..

just came across this,was anyone here aware of this leading up to Madeleine's dissapearance?
http://www.mercatornet.com/articles/view/Are_we_sleepwalking_into_a_surveillance_society/

In the case of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann (2007), the UK police asked visitors at the Resort in Portugal in the two weeks prior to child’s disappearance to provide any photographs of passers-by for use in a biometric facial recognition system. Since 2001 a retinal system has helped apprehend thousands of persons re-entering the wealthy UAE with fraudulent travel documents.
Crikey there is so much info around.........can't say I recall this though.........
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:45 am

Catkins my friend, your words are also mine.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:48 am

I remember this. There was a special upload facility on the Leic police website (I think was where it was) to allow for the upload of the photographs.

A bit of supposition here, but if any paedophiles were identified by the photos, then it would be kept secret, as no details of the paedophiles involved in the case was released after the objection from Britain at the time the files were released. So in other words, only paedophiles would have been of interest, and we have no way to know about these. And remember that none of the leaks by the PJ ever involved paedophiles, for some reason.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:53 am

dianeh wrote:[..] And remember that none of the leaks by the PJ ever involved paedophiles, for some reason.

There's been that pig farmer who was apparently investigated and someone else, a bartender I think he was.
But it's odd that even before Britain asked not to release those files on the DVD there's been no leaks about the people they investigated. Not even the numbers and nationalities.

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by whymadeleine Wed May 05, 2010 8:20 am

dianeh wrote:

I remember this. There was a special upload facility on the Leic police website (I think was where it was) to allow for the upload of the photographs.

A bit of supposition here, but if any paedophiles were identified by the photos, then it would be kept secret, as no details of the paedophiles involved in the case was released after the objection from Britain at the time the files were released. So in other words, only paedophiles would have been of interest, and we have no way to know about these. And remember that none of the leaks by the PJ ever involved paedophiles, for some reason.

I must make myself clearer in my postings ..
I too remember the UK police asking visitors at the Resort in Portugal in the
two weeks prior to Madeleine's disappearance
to provide any photographs of people in the background.

What concerned me about this article was the
for use in a biometric facial recognition system. Since 2001 a
retinal system has helped apprehend thousands of persons re-entering the
wealthy UAE with fraudulent travel documents.

I was thinking of Madeleine's eye .. an experiment ?
whymadeleine
whymadeleine
Learner
Learner

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Wed May 05, 2010 5:03 pm

biometric facial recognition system

WhyMadeleine, no I remember that bit as well.

What they really needed was CCTV from airports, the ports etc for the weeks following the abduction and run all those faces through it as well.

I wonder how many faces a day are put through this software and from where. What I mean is are the Americans using this software in their airports, and do they search for anyone more than terrorists? Are missing children routinely part of the scanning?

I wonder if there is somewhere we could find out about this. There are large number of missing children, and I wonder if there is any routine scanning for any of them, anywhere?
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next