Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Secret Dossier of Evidence

+8
May
Sabot
maria
Catkins
vee8
Peaceful1
dianeh
bluj1515
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Secret Dossier of Evidence Empty Secret Dossier of Evidence

Post by bluj1515 Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:26 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/2010/02/12/madel....5875-22036608/

Madeleine McCann cops ignored possible sightings of missing girl

By Martin Fricker 12/02/2010

Portuguese police ignored hundreds of leads in the search for Madeleine McCann including a dramatic cluster of possible sightings.

The McCanns’ lawyer Isabel Duarte yesterday confirmed detectives kept a secret dossier of evidence that was never investigated.

It included photos “shockingly similar” to Madeleine, as well as details of suspect vehicle and properties.

The most significant lead involved a series of reported sightings within a week in the same area of northern Italy.

But Ms Duarte said the information was shelved as it was received after the case was closed in July 2008.

She now plans to hand a copy to private investigators so they can follow the leads.

Ms Duarte added: “I’m angry because it is the police who should be doing this.”

A spokesman for Kate and Gerry McCann said: “They were shocked at what was in it and what little had been done to

follow any of it up.”
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Secret Dossier of Evidence Empty Re: Secret Dossier of Evidence

Post by dianeh Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:18 pm

The McCanns’ lawyer Isabel Duarte yesterday confirmed detectives kept a secret dossier of evidence that was never investigated.

How did Isabel find out about the secret dossier of evidence? And did Rebelo know about it, or were only 'special' investigators aware of its existence.

Next question is, were only sightings reported via other police forces in this dossier. And if that is the case, does it mean that some sightings in Portugal were filed in the bin instead of the secret dossier. Remember that if reports are filed via other police forces, then there is a record of them, and when they were forwarded, and an acknowledgement that they were received by the PJ. So they cant just be thrown away. But if 'hidden' then they can be ignored.

This is big, big, big. The fallout is going to be big, big, big as well.

And my heart goes out to Kate and Gerry, and dear little Madeleine. Madeleine never had a chance of being found.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:23 pm

I have to admit I'm shocked and saddened by this news.
Shouldn't be shocked, but I am.
They couldn't be bothered to even file this stuff?
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:25 pm

No, Bluj, you are wrong. They filed it all right. The filed it somewhere it would not be found and included in the DVD files when the case was closed.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:56 pm

The trash can.
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaceful1 Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:17 pm

I hope the antis are really getting a grip of this now!!
I am fuming, shocked and saddened by this latest news.
Thank God for people like Isabel.
As for the PJ and the pitchforkers, well, no words can decribe them.
Peaceful1
Peaceful1
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:14 pm

Peaceful1, Bluj

It truly is shocking isnt it. I can scarcely believe what I am reading. I have long suspected that something would turn up (smoking gun etc), but never suspected in my wildest dreams that it would something like this.

So it would seem the claims that not all info was on the DVD turns out to be true, but not quite in the way the anti's wanted it to be. Remember all the claims of how there was proof of the McCanns guilt in the 'secret' files. Well, actually, looks more like proof that the PJ didnt investigate sightings, and some potentially good ones if Isabel is right. But there was a secret file.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:35 pm

Secret Dossier of Evidence 356737
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:14 pm

Secret Dossier of Evidence 442460 That poor defenceless little girl. And those Bstards couldn't give a .....TOSS......
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:24 pm

But Ms Duarte said the information was shelved as it was received after the case was closed in July 2008.

This piece of news is very misleading. This file wasn't kept secret BEFORE the shelving of the process, they came to PJ AFTER the shelving. And yes the informations coming in were shelved alongside with the process. That is waht we have been discussing all along. It was Paiva who said both things, that he was receiving these infos and that he was filing them accordingly. He also said that an investigator convinced that someone is dead will not look for her/him alive.
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:55 am

Maria

Did Paiva mention anything about Rebelo knowing about the info and the file?

You have answered all my question about how Isabel found out about the dossier. Thank you for that. It makes sense now, and she was very astute.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:18 pm

Rebelo is not involved in this process since it was shelved. Only Paiva, if I'm not mistaken. So, Rebelo should not know about its contents, however as it is normal procedure for a selved process to continue updating it with whichever information comes in, he should know that it might exist.
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:37 pm

All very odd. It has occured to me that Paiva had to put this stuff somewhere because the Police Forces who passed it on would have a record of having done so. It sounds as though Paiva hoped it would never come to light. But that doesn't account for why he mentioned it in the first place. I doubt that he is utterly stupid.

It also seems to me that certain of Amaral's witnesses were not actually prepared to lie under oath. Either they knew it was all going to come out, and weren't prepared to face a Perjury Charge.
Or they are basically honest men.

I prefer to hope for the latter, although I tend to lean towards the former.
Quite possibly they are all heartily sick of the trouble Amaral has got them into with his stupid book.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by May Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:45 pm

So, aren't these possible sightings enough to reopen this case?
May
May
Master
Master

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:00 pm

May wrote:So, aren't these possible sightings enough to reopen this case?

Possibly. But what good will that do after eighteen months of hiding the stuff? And with the same old bent coppers in charge. We have seen it all before.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by May Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:02 pm

You are probably right Sabot, but how sad for Madeleine. The PJ should be hauled over the coals for this!
May
May
Master
Master

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:03 pm

Paiva lied under oath alright! About the dogs.

But he was caught by surprise by Isabel, he was trying to defend himself of the suspicion (more a certainty...) that he was not doing anything to receive new info on the case, dismissing it. He then stated that it wasn't true 'only last week I received 3 or 4 new external communications, I analysed them and filed them accordingly'.

And one thing, Isabel asked him a question that he answered and Isabel reminded him that he was under oath, which he ackowledged and repeated the answer. (about the dogs, I think).
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:11 pm

This is what I was wondering too May. IMO there is no doubt it has to be reopened with a new team and I hope the necessary powers are already applying the pressure on Portugal for this to happen, but unfortunately I wont be holdng my breath.
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:14 pm

Maria, so it was left to Paiva alone to analyse new information and decide whether it was credible or not ?
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:22 pm

maria wrote:Paiva lied under oath alright! About the dogs.

But he was caught by surprise by Isabel, he was trying to defend himself of the suspicion (more a certainty...) that he was not doing anything to receive new info on the case, dismissing it. He then stated that it wasn't true 'only last week I received 3 or 4 new external communications, I analysed them and filed them accordingly'.

And one thing, Isabel asked him a question that he answered and Isabel reminded him that he was under oath, which he ackowledged and repeated the answer. (about the dogs, I think).

Oh My. That's even better than my opinion.

Analysed them and dumped them in the "Irrelevant File". So he is a Pratt.
Or worse.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Secret Dossier of Evidence Empty Hi Maria

Post by Rosie Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:07 am

maria wrote:Paiva lied under oath alright! About the dogs.

Can you remember what the question and Paiva's answer was? I would be really interested in it.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:48 am

Sabot wrote:

Possibly. But what good will that do after eighteen months of hiding the stuff? And with the same old bent coppers in charge. We have seen it all before.
As a poster on PFA posted.....what if that crucial piece of information to find Madeleine is sitting in that File..........Makes my blood boil it really does.... Secret Dossier of Evidence 356737 Secret Dossier of Evidence 356737 Secret Dossier of Evidence 356737
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:56 am

Catkins wrote:
Sabot wrote:

As a poster on PFA posted.....what if that crucial piece of information to find Madeleine is sitting in that File..........Makes my blood boil it really does.... Secret Dossier of Evidence 356737 Secret Dossier of Evidence 356737 Secret Dossier of Evidence 356737

Hopefully Kate and Gerry will find it. No point in relying on The PJ. There never was.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:29 pm

Sabot wrote:
Catkins wrote:
Sabot wrote:

Hopefully Kate and Gerry will find it. No point in relying on The PJ. There never was.

I agree Sabot...
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:58 pm

Catkins wrote:
Sabot wrote:
Catkins wrote:
Sabot wrote:

I agree Sabot...

I really did believe that it was basic incompetence. Now I know that it wasn't.

We all know that quite a lot of policemen have gut instincts which they follow blindly, but there are usually safeguards in place to keep them in check. But not on this occasion. Amaral believed that they were guilty and then convinced everyone else that he was right. This is wierd because there must have been some in The PJ who doubted him. Quite possibly they were afraid to gainsay him, but still they went to court to support him.
Fortunately with disastrous results.

Just what did Amaral have on these people?

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next