Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sofia Amaral

+6
Rosie
Peaceful1
vee8
calcite51
jackf
christabel
10 posters

Go down

Sofia Amaral Empty Sofia Amaral

Post by christabel Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:05 am

MADELEINE SEARCH 'WRECKED OUR LIFE'

Sofia Amaral 126965_1

The search has been hindered by some comments in Amaral's book according to Gerry McCann

Sunday September 13,2009

By James Murray

THE WIFE of a disgraced Portuguese police chief wrote a “poisonous” letter to Kate McCann in an attempt to defend his handling of the botched Madeleine investigation, the Sunday Express can reveal today.

Sarcastically addressing the heartbroken mother as “Madam Kate”, Sofi a Amaral amazingly sought sympathy from her because of the amount of time her husband had spent away from his family searching for the missing girl.

Goncalo Amaral was head of the regional police at the time Madeleine was snatched from the McCann’s holiday apartment in Praia da Luz on the Algarve in May 2007.

He was sacked over his poor handling of the case.Mrs Amaral hit out in response to Kate McCann’s remark that the way her husband had run the inquiry was a “disgrace”.

When Madeleine, aged three, vanished the Amarals were in the process of moving to Portimao, 15 miles from Praia da Luz, and Mrs Amaral wrote: “My husband’s holiday was supposed to start the day after your daughter disappeared. For obvious reasons that did not happen.

“I looked at houses, I made the move and I tried to settle our daughters into new schools – all without any support from my husband, who was looking for your daughter, Madam Kate. In October, on the day of his birthday, Goncalo Amaral was dismissed.

“It was supposed to be a time of the family getting together, but in fact it was even more of a separation. Isn’t that a disgrace?”

The letter goes on: “My husband has always refused to sit comfortably behind his desk from nine to five, which is usual for his rank.

“Instead, he spent the day – and sometimes the night – coordinating on-the-spot searches, surveillance, seizures and other duties.

“As you must know, my husband’s salary was barely 1.5 times the minimum wage of your country.”

A friend of the McCanns described Mrs Amaral’s letter as “poisonous”. She added: “It had a very sarcastic tone and implied that Madeleine’s disappearance has wrecked their lives. It showed no sympathy to Kate and Gerry for their loss.

“She had the gall to ask Kate what she had to complain about when the little girl’s disappearance had put intolerable pressure on her and her husband’s lives.”

Amaral and his wife face financial ruin as the McCanns step up their claim for more than £1million damages over claims he made in his book, The Truth of the Lie.

The fortune Amaral amassed from its sales looks likely to be seized and put into the McCanns’ fund that pays private detectives to search for Madeleine.

The McCanns’ spokesman Clarence Mitchell explained: “Kate is aware of the letter and its contents. It was complete nonsense.”

Madeleine’s father, heart consultant Gerry McCann, 41, said one of his private investigators believed Amaral’s book had hampered the 28-month hunt.

He added: “If people continue to believe she is dead, they will not come forward with information.”

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/126965/Madeleine-search-wrecked-our-life-
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Sofia Amaral Empty Re: Sofia Amaral

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:15 am

Amarals house of cards is collapsing and not before time imo!!

Back to top Go down

Post by jackf Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Mulleena wrote:Amarals house of cards is collapsing and not before time imo!!

Bring it on, let's hope it collapses with one mighty big thud.

jackf
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:29 am

jackf wrote:

Patience is a vertue, watch this space Sofia Amaral 466476
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:47 am

Its a pity the Express havent printed Sofia's letter in full it's far more damning and shows the lack of empathy afforded from one Mother to another.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:20 am

It seems this letter is not being applauded second time around on some forums.Pehaps they have now read it in its entirety and now its being used as ammunition against Amaral its lost its lustre.

Lifes a ***** Sofia Amaral 466476

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:55 am

Mulleena wrote:It seems this letter is not being applauded second time around on some forums.Pehaps they have now read it in its entirety and now its being used as ammunition against Amaral its lost its lustre.

Lifes a ***** Sofia Amaral 466476

Never mind aye! The next instalment they will like even less Sofia Amaral 103433
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:02 pm

Good!! Its about time the tide changed and Amaral et al were swimming against it!!

Back to top Go down

Post by calcite51 Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:19 pm

It should NEVER, EVER have been applauded in my not so humble opinion - not the first time it came out and it should have been ignored the second time. It was an ignorant letter - why does this letter keep coming up whenever the Amarals are in trouble - the first time, Amaral had just lost his job and now he's having to give the proceeds of his book to the McCanns. No more high-end vehicles, no more designer clothes, etc... for the Amarals.
calcite51
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:02 pm

Not sure why this letter is suddenly front page news again, being as it is old news. Unless the press are prepairing the public for something else, something bigger? Maybe the Express has got hold of her 'other' letter, the one to gonzo's boss, complaining about his threat to kill her?
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaceful1 Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:20 pm

I wondered too Vee why the letter has made it to front page news when it is old news?
Is this the start of the downfall of the Amaral family, followed by Bennett/Butler/Stevo/Bren/Vanessa/Laffin..plus some!
What is next? Anyone guess?
Peaceful1
Peaceful1
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Sofia Amaral Empty Ha Ha Ha they Are not Amused!

Post by Rosie Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:11 am

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic501-10.html

It's ProVeritas this time (whoever they may be)

CLOSED FOR COMMENTS - I didn't let that stop me.
Never wrote so many letter in my life like in this last few days...

To the Editor and one James Murray:

RE:MADELEINE SEARCH 'WRECKED OUR LIFE'

CLOSED FOR COMMENTS.

That sums it up.

You print the most foul piece of dishonest crap, no doubt regurgitaded by that masterminder of fictional stories, known otherwise as Mr Pink, and don't even have the decency to allow people to write comments...

Waht's the matter? Don't have cojones to face up the music?

You know damn well that pseudo-letter is old news and nothing like you describe it.

You make me sick. But am sure you feel sickened by your betrayal to your profession and to the truth you ought to uphold.

Just think about the following - you may twist everything now, but what will you do later when the McCann, instead of a wealthy compensation, get what they deserve - a long time in jail?

Do you think people will forget about your slimy, shameless, suck up to the McCann?

You know the answer to that - you probably can't even sleep at night.

Hope you're proud of yourself.

CLOSED FOR COMMENTS.

Oh dear isn't the above post "eloquent"? Sofia Amaral 574656 Sofia Amaral 574656 Sofia Amaral 574656 Typical rabid anti, rush in, insult, swear and lie and give their opinion on something they obviously no nothing about and managed to make an even bigger fool of themselves than they actually are. (If that is at all possible? Sofia Amaral 574656 )

Shows it got to them big time though.

Er Ambersuz idiot ProVeritas, it is not dishonest, because everything the journalist wrote is true and is verifiable against the letter that Sofia Leal Amaral herself wrote.

My only grumble with this piece is that James Murray did not go far enough, in my opinion, he should have included the whole foul letter rant that the nasty spiteful common piece of work actually wrote, ad verbatim.

Just for ProVeritas, I have include the actual rant that she wrote and urge people who have never had the misfortune to read it before, to bear in mind that this letter was written by some sad pathetic totally deranged domineered woman to another woman who is grieving for her abducted child.

While we are on the subject could ProVeritas care to explain what exactly, is a pseudo letter?
Sofia Amaral 574656 Sofia Amaral 574656 Sofia Amaral 574656 If ProVeritas doesn't know, perhaps he could asked Sofia Leal Amaral herself? As it was her that actually wrote it. (In between him being sick - of course Sofia Amaral 574656 Sofia Amaral 574656 Sofia Amaral 574656 )

No doubt the journalist, like the rest if us normal people will be waiting for the outcome of the fatwa man's (Goncalo Amaral) trial? But wait PV (oops now there is an unfortunate set of initials Sofia Amaral 574656 ) which trial would that be? There are so many. Is it the appeal against her UNSAFE conviction of Leonor Cipriano? Is it the civil trial for defamation which the Portuguese judge has probably just sealed the fate of and where poor old "fatty, fatty" is going to be made to hand over at least £1.2 million? Or would that be after the trial old "Lardy Boy" is soon going to face, for torturing Leandro?
or maybe an entirely new trial that could be looming up on him fast (Ooops hush my mouth!)

I hope the journalist is proud of himself, he should be, that was an excellent piece, pity it doesn't go far enough though.

However, there is always the PCC due to report soon! Sofia Amaral 574656 Sofia Amaral 574656 Sofia Amaral 574656 Sofia Amaral 574656

Or are you another of your ilk all queuing up to insult and make an enemy of yet another journalist? Sofia Amaral 526250 Sofia Amaral 526250 Sofia Amaral 526250 Sofia Amaral 526250 Sofia Amaral 526250

Still carry on, you are amusing hilarious, if nothing else. Sofia Amaral 973893 Sofia Amaral 973893 Sofia Amaral 973893

PS did your mother never tell you how vulgar you actually are Ambersuz ProVeritas?

Open letter to Mrs Healy, Kate.
-- Dear Madam,

Excuse my audacity, but after learning about your comment in your interview with the newspaper, Expresso, on the subject of Gonçalo Amaral, my husband and father of my daughters, I have to send you these words of thanks. For many years I have been trying to make myself understood with this feeling that unites you and I "....and his behaviour is a disgrace professionally and as a person"...

Consider this:
a) Professionally

-- As coordinator of criminal investigation for the PJ, my husband has always refused to sit comfortably behind his desk, from 9 to 5, which is usual for his rank.

Instead of that, he spent the day (and sometimes the night) on the ground with the investigators, coordinating "on the spot" searches, surveillance, seizures and other duties. What a disgrace! But if this was just about being exposed to the elements, things wouldn't be serious, because as madam Kate knows, the weather here is not bad. The problem is his commitment to the cause which has cost him promotion in his career. I will explain, because this case is contemporary to the search for your daughter. My husband was involved as senior coordinator, and between seizures of drugs, kidnappings and murders, he succeeded in producing a theory about drug trafficking by sea, which he defended before a jury in Lisbon, who congratulated him.

Full of hope, Gonçalo Amaral returned to the Algarve to await the result. It was with astonishment that he learned that he had been passed over by other colleagues (coordinators as it happens, to tell the truth), because he had not managed to get himself into "professonal training" settings. And yes, madam Kate, my husband spent his life working, in the midst of complex investigations. He was the man in Portugal who seized most drugs, but as he didn't have the time to parade himself in the corridors of the PJ's institution, he was not promoted. A disgrace, madam, a disgrace!

As you must know, because you seem very well informed to me, my husband's salary was barely 1.5 times the minimum wage of your country. However, as a wife, mother and Portuguese, I cannot complain, given that Gonçalo Amaral's salary was the equivalent of 4.5 times the minimum wage in Portugal. Pay attention to this, which serves as an example of what I am going to explain: at one time, an individual shot an officer of the PSP and fled into neighbouring Spain. Between the comings and goings of a PJ team, of which my husband was a part, they were there for more than 15 days.

At that time, international expenses were 100€. As madam Kate can imagine, it is not possible on that amount to eat and to lodge in Spain, still less when it is Christmas Eve, and this amount would only be available (with a bit of luck) by Easter. Even with that, Gonçalo Amaral never refused, not even for a day, to search for the evasive murderer, thus increasing our family budget. And this is only one example amongst many. I once suggested to him the creation of a fund, or something else for dealing with these extraordinary expenses, but he never listened to me. While we too had our mortgage to pay...A disgrace, Madam Kate, a disgrace!
b) Also as an individual, his behaviour is a disgrace, because it was never possible to distinguish or to have a private life with the way of working he chose. However, and if my dear friend Madam Kate will allow me, I can give some examples: Five years ago, a child called Joana "disappeared." The mother, just like Madam Kate, tried to project the case into the media, but this was as far as she got...After 8 days, came the confessions and the evidence: During an incestuous act between the mother and the uncle, the child was beaten, later cut into pieces and her body disposed of, no one knows where. The mother and the uncle were imprisoned, with the trial coordinated by Gonçalo Amaral, and bringing each of them nearly 20 years in prison. But going back a bit.

The child died on September 12th. On Christmas Eve, our family were together to begin our prayers, when my husband asked me to prepare a bag with food and warm clothes, because he had not yet carried out his Christmas act of contrition and penitence. Try to imagine, Madam Kate, where Gonçalo Amaral took himself that Christmas night when there was torrential rain and roaring thunder? To the Olhao prison establishment, where João Cipriano, Joana's uncle, was a prisoner; confessed murderer and clinically declared a psychopath. For my husband, giving alms to a beggar did not represent any sacrifice.
On the other hand, joining and sharing his Christmas meal with João Cipriano was the sacrifice he offered to God in memory of Joana. And isn't that a disgrace? Know this, Madam Kate, every year, on September 12th, my husband requests a mass for Joana Isabel Cipriano Guerreiro. He says that no one else will remember the poor child. But people remember to accuse him unjustly of acts and crimes which he has never committed. Isn't that a disgrace, Madam Kate?

I will relate one last story, which still costs me to talk about. This year, in May, we started the process of moving our family to Portimao. My husband's holiday was supposed to start the day after your daughter disappeared. "For obvious reasons," that didn't happen. I started a new job, I looked at houses, I made the move and I tried to settle our daughters into new schools with new routines.
All that alone, without any support from my husband, who, for obvious reasons, was looking for your daughter, Madam Kate. In October, on the day of his birthday, a week after our daughters had started the new school year, Gonçalo Amaral was dismissed and returned to Faro. It was supposed to be a time of the family getting together, but in fact it was even more of a separation. Isn't that a disgrace? Our daughters have never understood, and we have never succeeded in explaining to them what the obvious reasons were that justified a father leaving his daughters to look for a child he didn't know and whom the parents neglected. A disgrace that my dear friend Kate was not there at that time. Perhaps you could have helped us explain the "obvious reasons" to our children for their father's being sent back.

To finish, on the intimate subject of Gonçalo Amaral, I can only tell you that he is exactly as the Latinos have a reputation for: a wild one, and my modesty does not allow me to say any more.

I ask my dear friend to forgive these thoughts of a wife and mother, but I am sure you will understand. I will finish this missive by asking you to pass on to your mother my sincere compliments. She seemed very sincere to me when, during an interview, she said she had the urge to slap those who had left her grandchildren alone. She spoke as openly as a true Portuguese grandmother would have done.

My dear friend Madam Kate, without wishing to bother you any further, I would like you to do me a last favour: now that you are starting to let the truth come out, don't stop, go on, and tell the truth the world is waiting to hear.

With my best regards,

Sofia Leal

(Wife and mother of Gonçalo Amaral's children.)
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by jackf Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:01 am

christabel wrote:
jackf wrote:

My fingers are all crossed, my toes as well Sofia Amaral Icon_flower

jackf
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:39 am

That abusive email from Proveritas is a masterpiece. If I tried to tell someone just how pathetic and bigoted these people are, it is difficult to get across just how bad they are. But here we have an email from one of Amaral supporters (or should that be McCann haters) and it does a terrific job of showing just what type of people these anti's are. Especially the bit about the McCanns going to gaol. That is a side splitter, particularly when one considers just who is has a pending criminal trial.

As I said a masterpiece OF STUPIDITY.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:40 pm

jackf wrote:
christabel wrote:
jackf wrote:

My fingers are all crossed, my toes as well Sofia Amaral Icon_flower

Mine too.so the sooner the better !
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaceful1 Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:40 pm

The McCanns will never go to jail, or even court for that matter.
Not because our British government are covering up for them, but because they are TOTALLY 100% Innocent of being involved with Madeleine's disappearance.
Now what part of that dont the anti's understand? Sofia Amaral 526250
Peaceful1
Peaceful1
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:04 pm

"Isn't that a disgrace? Our
daughters have never understood, and we have never succeeded in
explaining to them what the obvious reasons were that justified a
father leaving his daughters to look for a child he didn't know and
whom the parents neglected."

Really? They must be as thick-headed as their parents then. The man's a police officer - is it really that difficult to understand that daddy is investigating a crime to make us safe and he has to go catch the bad guy and a little girl is missing? This is just total bullshit. Besides from the rest of the little the girls must have been used to Dad being away on the job often.

My father was a police officer and I can tell you I understood what that meant at an early age.

This whole letter basically reeks of bitterness that Amaral had to do his job when he had vacation planned.

Also, am I to understand that he seriously tried a case in front of a jury as an attorney while simulantaneously holding down his job as a police officer?

ETA: Oh, and somehow it's Madam Kate's fault that Goncalo can't play politics right and therefore didn't get promoted?
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:09 pm

Also, how the hell is Goncalo Latino? Did Portugal get moved to Latin America and I missed it?
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:27 pm

Bluj

I agree with you. They should have tried talking to their children. But it is all a 'woe is me' letter, to try to gain sympathy. But is just pathetic.

I also thought Latino referred to Latin America. But if not, can someone fill us in please???
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:37 pm

Latino is someone descending from Latin (old Rome) people. In Europe it includes mainly Portugal and Spain, but also France and Italy. The latin-american peoples are the descendants of the portuguese and spanish colonizations.
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:41 pm

Ah, Maria, in North America we use it specifically to mean Latin American. Latino/a. We would say Spainard, Italian, etc. or if we were referring to all of those people being descending from Latin speakers we'd say Romance languages or Romance langauge speaking countries, etc.
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down