Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update from the Find Madeleine site

+6
calcite51
Rosie
clairesy
sadie
AlexG
jean
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Update from the Find Madeleine site - Page 2 Empty Re: Update from the Find Madeleine site

Post by sadie Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:25 pm

clairesy wrote:Hi Rosie i think Ive done this correct.Been onto the tourist info site and worked out a route from Lisbon to pdl by car,not sure if its right though as they are calling it lisboa?not lisbon?

Update from the Find Madeleine site - Page 2 TotaldisTotal distance: 293 km
Update from the Find Madeleine site - Page 2 ClockForeseen time: 2h 54m

YES ROSIE YOU ARE RIGHT Laffin

3 Hours. Exactly what I thought.

I didn't want to suggest it, in case I was wrong, so thank you Clairesy for verifying my thoughts. Well done for finding it. highfive

Hey, you and Minxy will have to cancel your hols by the look of things. We want you around when the celebrations start!

Vee, Have you got your TICK TOCK ready?

Sorry, I am jumping the gun, but I am getting ecstatic ecstatic ecstatic ecstatic ecstatic ecstatic ecstatic ecstatic ecstatic ecstatic ecstatic

🐶 And so is sadie!
sadie
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Back to top Go down

Update from the Find Madeleine site - Page 2 Empty Re: Update from the Find Madeleine site

Post by clairesy Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:05 am

AlexG wrote:ATMS .... If i'm planning to commit a crime in PDL i can guive to you my ATM card and PIN number and ask you to remove money from my account on Lisbon on a particullar time when i'm commiting the crime in Algarve.
Later i can state to the police that i was in Lisbon because of the ATM.
Same as a phone as long as i don't call anyone.
So it's not the best method in the world to rule someone out, but is better than nothing ....
Ok, it can be bypassed, but like most of the things in life ...
"When there is a will, there is a way" ...

yep i cqn vouch for that to because i very often give my bank card to my mum and ask her to draw me some money out.Thankfully to this date she hasn't got into any trouble or committed a crime.. Laffin .

But its true,who's to say he didn't give his card to someone to draw cash out at a certain time so that he could later tell cops he couldn't have abducted a child in pdl when he was in Lisbon.

a carefully planned out abduction......and no trace of madeleine.....so it is no good investigating it like they are going to find evidence dropped all over pdl..That isnt the case here.

A proper investigation set up precisely to track individuals and find out exactly what, where, when, why, and how.

that ATM receipt itself gives an answer in my opinion because no one keeps a receipt from the hole in the wall for 2 years.....how convenient that its from the 3rd of may to.Deliberate safeguarding of some backup imo for a person who maybe knows something about this childs abduction.

What makes me sick to the core is that these filthy horrible nasty inconsiderate so called human beings have no consideration at all for who they are hurting.

Its cruel how they carefully plan the harming of another person,.......the victim as no chance because their fate as been mapped out by cold calculated people who are about to turn their world upside down .........but only once they have finished the last detail and safe guarded their own bloody backs by making sure they have sorted out an alibi for themselves.Makes me cringe to learn things like this.Its scary, and stomach turning.

You could be enjoying yourself somewhere without a care in the world,happy and carefree......... totally unaware that you are actually being tracked by someone,that your life is about to be turned upside down.Someone as something horrible going through their mind,they are about to carry out a carefully planned crime, and your their target.We cant even prepare ourselves for this sort of thing.

They should lock them all up.each and everyone of them for the rest of their lives.
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:05 am

sadie,

what do you mean??you have me thinking now.Why are you interested in this 3 hour travel from Lisbon from pdl??Hmmm
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sadie Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:02 am

clairesy wrote:sadie,

what do you mean??you have me thinking now.Why are you interested in this 3 hour travel from Lisbon from pdl??Hmmm

Nothing really Clairesy - just pointing out how easy it would be to withdraw money at 6pm and be back in time. Sorry i shouldn't have allowed my exhuberance to flow out - but that's me!

And you know how suspicious minded I have been about everything. Ooops I just think from different angles to many people, but so do you Clairesy, quite often and Alex and Diane and Rosie and Minxie and hael (do you remember the two photos put side by side and the Morocco pictures) and ................There are quite a few.

Now that's why my avatar is upside down! To help me think from a different angle Laffin Laffin

And also I can look up at and smile at all my friends who have written on the thread before me.

I do feel that something is brewing; so many things coming out - and not all of them are red Herrings, surely?

Keep your booking Clairesy; I doubt anything will happen in the next week or two - and maybe I am completely wrong

No, I am not psychic - just over exhuberant. Take no notice of my silly ways

Last edited by sadie on Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
sadie
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:52 am

clairesy wrote:Hi Rosie,

i thought exactly that when i read that he kept the atm receipt.

Keeping bank statements is one thing...but an atm receipt???Hmmmmm and now 2 years later he as proof that he was in Lisbon because of an atm receipt that he as kept???

why would he keep an atm receipt for 2 years.....and isn't it a coincidence that he happens to have kept one from the 3rd of may....

i wonder if he as kept every other atm receipt that he as ever had.Or if he only as the 3rd may 2007 ones????

I wonder how many other people over the world have decided to keep an atm receipt from the 3rd of may just incase they happen to be asked where they were that day??Hmmm

I certainly didn't.Did anyone else?

what could have possibly prompted him to do such a thing.And to keep it for 2 years??WHY?

Exactly Clairesy! I would have trouble remembering where I was 2 years ago, however, if a memorable event took place, I would remember where I was and what I was doing, but I wouldn't keep an ATM receipt! Why would I? Think of how many times we would use and ATM in 2 years? We would have at least around 180! And for what reason?

I suppose as he would know he would be of interest to this inquiry he may just keep it, to prove where he was. But how would he know? He was in Lisbon earlier, or even at the same time as the abduction, he would NOT know that she had been abducted until he returned to PDL, or the news picked it up the next morning, so again why did he keep that receipt?

Reminds me of Hewlett saying he could not have been in PDL with his Dodge because it would have stood out like a sore thumb! That is actually saying he has thought about parking it there but realises it would stick out like a sore thumb so knew he could NOT use it.
He was so arrogant when he said that, probably because he knew he was there in another vehicle entirely, either another of his he has kept hidden, or he had the use of one at the time.
His once 'close' friend 'knew' he had a white van at that time and I believe this, the friend knows this would be checked out so no need to lie and he has also stated he has informed the McCanns detectives of this. So I believe this at the moment, unless something comes up to disprove it.

So we have on top of everything else, a man who is a convicted 'predatory' paedophile who lied about having an alibi and who has just been found to be lying about having white van. He could very easily have been in PDL that night.
He has also acted strangely by saying that after Madeleine was abducted he purposefully drove everywhere being high profile in his Dodge so that people would see him (weird behaviour and where did he get the money for fuel to drive that big thing around? It would have cost a bit)
Hewlett Quotes;

1. "Maddie *looks* a bit like my *little* girl"....
  2. "Maddie is not in Morocco"....
  3. "I don't believe that girl was kidnapped let alone murdered"
  4. "I was 60 miles away, I remember I was at a market, I was driving out and saw loads of police"
  5. "I have an alibi, but why should I involve anyone else in this"
  6. "A friend 'she' took a video of us in Fuzeta flea market on May 5th (30 miles away)
  7. "My big truck would have stood out like a sore thumb"
  8. "I didn't kill the McCann girl"

1)Here Hewlett makes reference to his daughter, who he has referred to as his 'little' girl.
3) Here although Madeleine and his daughter were just little girls, he has depersonalised Madeleine, calling her *that girl* (Madeleine was a little girl when she disappeared and in all that Hewlett says he refers to her as a *girl* and he attempts to depersonalise her. On the occasions he does refer to her by name he uses 'Maddie' and he must know that the child did not like to be referred to as 'Maddie' [All of this is actually very revealing]
2) How does Hewlett 'know' that Madeleine is in Morocco and why did he feel the need to inform someone he had only just met of this? Not "I don't think Maddie is in Morocco" He states unequivocally that she is not in Morocco.
4) He says that he was 60 miles away and then contradicts himself by saying he was 30 miles away!
5) He has an alibi, which could clear him, but has refused to give the alibi, it later transpires he has NO alibi. Why lie? Not only this, he sought to embroider what he said by trying to infer that another person who could give him an alibi actually shot the video of him and his family.
6) The friend he inferred shot the video of him and his family actually denies doing so and says she cannot give him an alibi. In other words he was not with her. Although, how videoing him on the 5th May somehow proves he wasn't in PDL on the evening of the 3rd May, is a bit obscure even for Hewlett!
7) Yes his Dodge would have stood out like a sore thumb, he has so obviously given this a lot of thought and I think he came up with a solution and that is buy and hide a white van specifically for use on Thursday 3rd May 2007, or he has loaned one from somewhere and while I think that Madeleine was not sold to gypsies, it is a well known fact that gypsies always have a lot of vans (usually with tow bars) at their disposal and as Hewlett was on very good terms with these gypsies, a good point of call would be to talk to them and ask them outright if Hewlett ever bought or test drove, or borrowed a van from any of them. This could be a good call, they may not like being accused of people that kidnap little children and sell them to paedophiles! I think there is a possibility they would talk and also to know where Hewlett's Blue Dodge is now and if he had a white van leading up to the disappearance of Madeleine and where they could both be now.
8) He says he did not kill the McCann girl, he says this because he knows she is alive and maybe where she is, hence him referring to her as the much more grown up title of 'girl', or he knows who did and if so probably knows where she is now.

Mariana says she cannot remember where Ray was on May 3rd. Why not? Hewlett himself doesn't seem to have any difficulty remembering everything! She also says claims that Hewlett had a white van at that time are simply wrong. How does she know this? She said she cannot remember where he was, so how does she know that he wasn't in PDL in a white van that he had stashed away somewhere or had the use of? Truth is she doesn't know.
Hewlett dismissed claims from his former close friend when he reported that Hewlett had told him he had been approached by gypsies and offered good money for his daughter as rubbish, but now someone else has come forwarded that pours doubt on this claim and this person has reported that Hewlett, had indeed been closely associating with gypsies.

If this man had nothing to hide, he would have given the interview and got people off of his back and that of his partners.

No serious detective, private or otherwise would eliminate Hewlett out of the inquiry without even talking to him and it is not just a case of talking to him, it is also a case of checking out every answer he has given and see if it equates with the truth.

Also there is a question of money here, from where was Hewlett getting all of his money?
One friend has said that certainly while they were in Morocco that Hewlett never seemed short of cash, apparently he was always buying motor parts.
We know he was always smoking cannabis.
It is also known that Hewlett has an email address, doe she have a laptop?
Apparently he has TWO mobile phones, is that including the one Mariana is talking on in the photo, or is this a third?
How does he afford to run at least two mobile phones?
How does he charge them up? (Especially if they are not staying in a campsite with electricity?)
Has he got a generator? A generator to run all those appliances in that Dodge and charge mobile phones up, would be extremely expensive and they drink fuel, where is the money coming from?
They must also have bought bottled gas, how did they afford this?
How did he afford to feed and clothe his kiddies?
How did he feed and clothe both of them?
How did he afford what must be huge amounts of fuel that Dodge takes to run?
How did he manage to pay the Moroccan campsite 10 euros per night for 2 months? That would be at least 600 euros.
How did he manage to find the cash it took to get his family and himself to Germany?
When the Spanish police took his 'new' white van away from him, how did they find the train fair to continue to Germany, for himself and his large family?
This was reported to be a white Ford Cargo Van and apparently, the Spanish authorities still have it, so just in case this van should be forensically examined ASAP, especially in light of the fact, that we now know Hewlett had a white van the time Madeleine disappeared. (Could this have been the van? Was it just hidden until he needed it)

It has also been reported that Mariana, Hewlett's partner had gone on to Germany on her own, when did this happen and where was Hewlett and what was he doing?
Does Hewlett have a bank account? If he does, they should look into it.

I wonder if they will find payments from the British government in such an account? Payments for himself, his partner and his children to live on? ie Income Support and Child Allowances etc.

It was said Hewlett travelled to the UK with someone in orde to get documentation to claim his pension, apparently the police got wind he was here and raided where he was staying, but he had already left!

My point is, if the British government (ie the taxpayer) have been paying Hewlett, there has to be a bank account of some kind, cursory checks on that could reveal an electronic trail!

Big can of worms opening here "HUGE".

This man has got to be of 'great interest' to the Madeleine investigation.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemary Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:14 am

Guys I think there is some confusion here about the cash machine receipt. This guy in prison didn´t keep it for 2 years. He was interviewed by the PJ 2 years ago and produced his cash receipt at that interview. At least that is how I read it.
He will be interviewed by the English detectives as soon as his trial is over, so the Express article states. When will that be? Anyone know?

rosemary
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexG Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:21 am

Deleted

Last edited by AlexG on Tue May 18, 2010 12:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
AlexG
AlexG
Master
Master

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:54 am

I think that a police car running at high speed with sirens on would draw attention to him, so, I doubt about that kind of stuff, because it would draw attention, in a abduction, the abductor would never draw attention to him, so, a car used in an abduction would leave PDL with noise, specially in Summer, with tourists, and in a small town like PDL, it would be enough to draw attention from all PDL.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:24 am

Hi Pedro,

I don't know about the police car, somehow I doubt it too, but this whole case is full of the most weird coincidences and happenings, that now I would certainly consider such an event and I don't think that many people would bother to question what a high speed police car was doing or where they was going, they would probably just assume they were on police business, I know I would.

Strange that Alex should say that though, it jogged my mind re Hewlett, he said he saw police cars 60 miles away and this is how he remembers where he was.
I questioned why he would see a police car 60 miles away and automatically connect that with Madeleine's disappearance. (Although the 60 miles has since dwindled to 30 miles! Which is approximately 30/40 mins drive at a reasonable pace in most vehicles.)

I also think the sheer number of errors made by the GNR and Goncalo Amaral are absolutely fundamental to solving this case and I have never made a secret of this!
How can one man preside over virtually every single mistake in the book being made in one single case?

I have always thought that this was done to frustrate this investigation and create subterfuge! I am also extremely suspicious of this story about the GNR and the money, to me this story has again been leaked at a very crucial time, as if to create subterfuge yet again!

If it has, then the private detectives should hopefully carry on doing what they are doing, because they are obviously very near to discovering the truth.

Strange how this came out to muddy the water at the same time it was revealed that it looks like Hewlett DID have a white van at the time of Madeleine's disappearance.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sadie Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:42 am

Sadie: How long does it take a fast driver to get from the southern side of Lisbon to PdL, Alex? I can remember someone i knew staying in Faro, which is further way from lisbon than PdL, taking a coach/bus into Lisbon on a day trip - so it cant be such a long drive and is motorway most of the way.

Alex: 3, 4 hours more or less. If you go by train from Lisbon to faro it will take you 3 hours.

sadie: Thanks Alex.

+++++++++++++

Sadie: The Blue Dodge Van that you asked about, Rosie

i feel sure that someone or some article said that it was in Alvor. Alvor is where we stayed several times over several years and it is about 15 minutes away from Pdl in an Easterly direction and close to Portamao where the PJ operated out of (I think)

+++++++++++++++++

Alex: Also if police is involved don't forget that they can use anything to travel, that includes helicopter, small plane from Lisbon to faro, etc ... Also if police is involved they could even have placed Madeleine inside a police car running at high speed with sirens on and you can bet that no-one would ever stop that car ...
So if police is involved it's most likely very bad news ...
Let's hope not. Let's hope that the latest news regarding the guy who received the money don't relate to Madeleine case at all !

sadie: Helicopters and small planes could be used by Elites as well, but it was rather windy that night with gusts that on another forum (probably the 3A's) somebody was saying that it was too windy for a light aircraft to operate in.

There is a small airstrip at Lagos, just 10 minutes away by car.

Facts:
All the following conditions were for Faro airport which is about 50+ miles away (80+km). The airport is right by the sea front

Barometric pressure

2nd May Barometric pressure was dropping quite rapidly (it seems to me) - I am not knowledgeable in this area - does this mean a storm/poor sea conditions?

1014hPa (29.95 Hg) at midnight, dropping to 1006hPa (29.7 Hg) at 5.30pm
Wind speeds: Ave.27km/hr.....Max. 39km/hr
Visibility: 10km, Cloudy early evening. Temp at 10pm: 57*F (14*C)

3rd May Barometric pressure rising

1009 hPa (29.8Hg) at midnight, rising to 1013hPa (29.92 Hg) at 10.00pm
Wind speeds: ave. 16 km/hr..... Max. 30km/hr
Visibility: 10Km, Clear sky. Temp at 10pm: 60*F (16*C)

4th May Barometric Pressure rising

Average wind speeds of 16 km/hr (10 mph) and Max wind speeds of 30 km/ hr (approx 19 mph) so it was gusty

Help, Vee, do you know whether that is too windy for light aircraft/helicopters?

Actually on the evidence that we seem to be finding recently and taking the Smiths sighting into account and the lost 30 minutes between the two sightings, I am inclined to think that Bundleman took Madeleine into the Nannies/staff quarters, where he gathered himself together and phoned for advice.

On the evidence of the:
1) The dogs marking at the Church
2) the behaviour of the priest afterwards
3) and the tunnels starting at the church
4) And the reported scream coming from the Nannies/staff apartments

I am now inclined to think that Madeleine was taken to the tunnels at the church. These tunnels ran extensively under PdL and by using them she could have been transported, in a number of directions, to a number of locations, or kept for several weeks, until the furore had died down and then transported elsewhere by boat, probably(Morocco?)

Remember these tunnels ran under a number of properties and she could have sufaced anywhere to be kept.

Let us not forget that two years previously, Joana Cipriano may have been abducted, by a man who was living in a van, who vanished the day she vanished. That van was found abandoned in PdL. Tunnels and Morocco again?
sadie
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:44 am

Just for Sadie!

TICK,

TOCK,

TICK,

TOCK!
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sadie Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:45 am

vee8 wrote:Just for Sadie!

TICK,

TOCK,

TICK,

TOCK!

Aw. thanks, Vee lol! lol!

Where's Marilyn?
sadie
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:07 am

i been wondering that to sadie...Marilyn and maria........... i have not seen either of them for some time
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexG Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:39 am

Last edited by AlexG on Thu May 05, 2011 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
AlexG
AlexG
Master
Master

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:19 am

OK

On receipts and statements. You dont have to keep either because the police can get the statement for confirmation from the bank. All it takes is a request, no court action required if the bank account owner agrees, which of course he would if needing an alibi.

It isnt the documentary evidence that I find strange. It is that he remembers where he was when asked months later. I couldnt remember what I was doing on a particular day 2 months ago, not unless it was a wedding or a hospital visit or something like that.

Hewlett probably remembers where he was (even if it wasnt in PDL) because he left three weeks later (has this been confirmed), so must have thought the police would come calling at some point.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:59 am

Diane the more I learn about this man, the uneasier I am becoming. Usually with these things, it comes out and goes away and then everyone forgets about it, but this is different. This story will not go away, it is getting more serious every time I read bits about Hewlett.
I made the point about Hewlett said he remembers he was at that flea market because as he was driving out, he remembers seeing police cars, yet he said he was 60 miles away, I keep saying this, WHY would there be police cars 60 miles away?

As for the man with ATM receipts, same as you I would have to think about what I was doing last week and would remember by linking this to other events, but I wouldn't be retaining paper slips from ATMs!

I do feel that this whole thing is now beginning to implode and that there are some very scared people in PDL and Portugal. One of them is going to talk very soon.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sadie Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:09 pm

dianeh wrote:OK

On receipts and statements. You dont have to keep either because the police can get the statement for confirmation from the bank. All it takes is a request, no court action required if the bank account owner agrees, which of course he would if needing an alibi.

It isnt the documentary evidence that I find strange. It is that he remembers where he was when asked months later. I couldnt remember what I was doing on a particular day 2 months ago, not unless it was a wedding or a hospital visit or something like that.

Hewlett probably remembers where he was (even if it wasnt in PDL) because he left three weeks later (has this been confirmed), so must have thought the police would come calling at some point.

Diane, do you think he left because the police would come calling, or because he had a well paid task to take a little girl over to Morocco?

I cant get that group photo in Morocco out of my mind. That was Madeleine, not Bushra.

I cant get the fact that Hewlett had so much money out of my mind.

I cant get the fact that he had to travel within about one mile of where that group photograph was taken en route to his camp site.

I cant get the fact that leading players, in this fiasco, had quite big boats - big enough to carry a van, out of my mind either.

Nor can I get the fact that he talks, and has historically talked, as though he is in the know, out of my mind.

Neither can i get the fact that a van was seen with a man living in it in Figueira, near where Joana Cipriano lived, and that van, and that man disappeared at the time Joana disappeared. And who was that little girl in the photograph wearing the orange top?

The van was found abandoned in PDL.

I really wonder if the tunnels were used to store the children until the 'correct' time to move them on. Brian Ladd thinks Madeleine was in those tunnels,

And then wasn't there something funny about the cells at the police station in Portamao. Weren't they tunnels and weren't they closed off for some reason?

It's baffling!
sadie
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:39 pm

Sadie, you wrote

Diane, do you think he left because the police would come calling, or because he had a well paid task to take a little girl over to Morocco?

I truly dont know. I wonder what he was using for money. What was he using for money in Portugal and in Spain?

It is quite plausible that Hewlett was known to the PJ, so he left because he thought he would be hounded. On the other hand, he could have left becuase he had some involvement.

IMO Hewlett is a liar and a control freak. But I suspect that if the detectives are able to ascertain how he made his money (in addition to what his children made begging and his wife made busking), then it might give some clue as to why he went to Morrocco. But the money is hard to trace for someone who lives under the radar, probably has no bank account (but then who knows).

I believe that this has all been looked at by the McCann's detectives, and maybe even the British police, depending upon how much investigation they have needed to do on him, in relation to the other case.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:18 pm

Hi diane,

the only thing that bothers me about him maybe leaving solely because he feared being hounded is this........

he is a peadophile and they went to him to talk to him shortly after madeleine vanished because they are aware of him and his nature.I would imagine it isn't the first time hewlett as found himself in that position(being questioned over cases involving children etc)...so thats why i find it hard to imagine he left for no other reason than he was running....

the very same way he ran from social workers in spain when they got close to his kids.

I dont trust men like him.

Another thing i have been thinking....................

Hewlett.......what crimes as he committed in Portugal where children are concern then???

only im confused as to how Portuguese cops knew of him and went to him in the first place.You see British cops have been looking for him for soo long.There are cases of child sexual assaults here that need solving and he is possibly involved.

I haven't heard of him being arrested for sexual offenses in Portugal though.Therefore im confused as to how the Portuguese police knew him and traveled 60 miles in order to question him.

what prompted the Portuguese police to go 60 miles in order to look for an odd ball in a blue van??

not sure if im making sense here, im on a thought thing again
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:44 pm

dianeh wrote:Sadie, you wrote

I truly dont know. I wonder what he was using for money. What was he using for money in Portugal and in Spain?

It is quite plausible that Hewlett was known to the PJ, so he left because he thought he would be hounded. On the other hand, he could have left becuase he had some involvement.

IMO Hewlett is a liar and a control freak. But I suspect that if the detectives are able to ascertain how he made his money (in addition to what his children made begging and his wife made busking), then it might give some clue as to why he went to Morrocco. But the money is hard to trace for someone who lives under the radar, probably has no bank account (but then who knows).

I believe that this has all been looked at by the McCann's detectives, and maybe even the British police, depending upon how much investigation they have needed to do on him, in relation to the other case.

I have highlighted in red something you said and needs to be give more thought in my opinion. I did mention this yesterday, so apologies if you have read this before.

We have a system of social support in the UK which involves directly depositing into people's bank accounts. It is used for pensions and social security payments and child allowances too.

I would hazard a guess that Hewlett MUST have been receiving a regular income to enable him to keep his family somehow, I do not care what anyone says, you cannot keep two adults, 7 children and run a costly fuel guzzler like that Dodge truck, without means of a regular income.

Lately in a TV programme in the UK, it has come to light that some Brits living abroad (ie Spain) have been claiming all sorts of things and having the money paid directly into their bank accounts - it is an abuse of the system. The UK is now cracking down on the loop hole which has allowed people to do this, (legally I think). ALSO pensioners living abroad and who have worked and lived here in the UK, are entitled to have their pension paid to them while living abroad. (I am unsure if they have to be resident in this country for a set amount of time each year though)

I do not know too much about the ins and outs and the legalities of this claim culture, however, it has thrown up possibilities in Hewlett's case.

It has been previously reported that Hewlett mad a trip to the UK, in order to obtain documentation that would enable him to claim his state pension. He apparently made the trip with someone else. While Hewlett was here the police raided an address where he was meant to be staying, but he had already left.

If Hewlett was going to claim his state pension and he is coming up to retirement age (65), then he WOULD have needed a bank account to do so, in order that payments be made into his account.

If (as I suspect) Hewlett was claiming for his partner and his seven children under the UK social security system and if he was in receipt of benefits, then he would HAVE to have a bank account to enable him to do this.

If he was claiming child allowance for his seven children, likewise, he would need a bank account to do so.

If he was claiming benefits and child allowances (unsure of pension rules) then I think but am not 100% certain that the requirements for this would be that he is resident in the UK, so if he was doing this, then he would have needed a UK address to do this from!

I believe there is a fair chance that Hewlett and his family are in the UK benefit system somewhere and this would give them a hefty amount at the British taxpayers expense to live on. I am unsure of how often the make payments, whether it is weekly , 2 weekly or monthly, but whatever it is, if he is in the benefit system, there WILL be an electronic record of it and thought this, if he has used the ATM machines on or around May 3rd, there WILL be a record of it somewhere. I would guess of course that he has a UK bank account IF this is happening and this will make it easier for detectives to trace. Also now of course, withdrawals will be occurring in Germany. I t would be interesting to see his banking history to see if there is any withdrawals in Gran Canaria, Portugal, Faro, Spain, Tarifa, Holland, Belgium etc.

Also, he was in the forces here, did he just leave, was he dishonourably discharged, or maybe invalided out? Does he receive an army pension of any kind? If so this would point to him having a bank account also!

Just some food for thought!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:55 pm

hi rosie,

the only thing with having him on the benefit system claiming in the uk etc would mean they would probably have his details and therefore find it difficult to understand why they haven't tracked him down in all these years. Unless he as used another name.Its easy to doge the system for those who know how.

Also while he was in the forces he abused boys. So im not sure weather he was thrown out,left or what.But i know he abused one lad for sure because the boy(now adult) was in the papers not long ago telling how he has touched him whilst trying to measure him etc.He used the words 'us',and 'we' so i presume he wasn't referring to just himself.
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:35 pm

Rosie, Claire

Im with Claire on this. I dont see how he could have been receiving benefits from the UK and his whereabouts not known to the police.

I also doubt that he would have been entitled to claim for his children because they are not British citizens and not living in the country. But as Hewlett was in the armed forces perhaps he was still receiving his pension (is it still paid if you are booted out?). But I dont believe he would have been receiving any other sort of benefit.

Also would need to check whether Mariana was receiving benefits. Because she may have been paid from Germany, and her children are still her children. Particularly if she registered their births in Germany. This may have been where the bulk of their money came from.

I didnt think of Mariana before, I just assumed that they would not be receiving benefits because they were living in the wrong country. But not impossible, particularly if on sickness benefits. But still back to problem of Hewlett, he was a wanted man, and if social security knew where he was, then the police could have found him anytime they wanted to. Even just having a bank account that was used, would be enough to find him. That is why I assumed he didnt get anything like that.

But it is after all an assumption.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2