Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So Now Have The Portuguese Police Got Rid of the Unidentified DNA found In Apartment 5a?

5 posters

Go down

So Now Have The Portuguese Police Got Rid of the Unidentified DNA found In Apartment 5a? Empty So Now Have The Portuguese Police Got Rid of the Unidentified DNA found In Apartment 5a?

Post by Rosie Sun May 31, 2009 10:21 pm

Over the months, we have been lead to believe that the Portuguese police have unidentified DNA found in the McCanns holiday apartment, where Madeleine was abducted.

Yesterday I read an article in the Mail, which says that known and convicted paedophile Raymond Hewlett has given a sample of his DNA to the German authorities to be checked against the data base for a case which happened many years ago, which police wish to talk to Hewlett about, this was also thought to be of assistance to the Madeleine investigation, because it would have allowed detectives to also check Hewlett's DNA against the unidentified DNA in Madeleine's case.

However, if the report in the mail is to be believed, we are now being told that police have NOT got any unidentified DNA from Madeleine's holiday apartment for Hewlett's DNA to be checked against.

Can you believe this? What has happened to the two samples that Portuguese police have reported to have harvested from apartment 5a?

That aside, I find it absolutely incredible and totally unbelievable if police and Portuguese forensic teams NEVER managed to harvest any unidentified DNA from a holiday apartment, that has had many different people staying in it, not least NINE different holiday makers/tourists between the time that Madeleine was abducted and Goncalo Amaral (yes that bloody man again) finally making this apartment a crime scene and closing it THREE MONTHS AFTER MADELEINE WAS ABDUCTED!

Yet again something is NOT right here, something is NOT ringing true and we are forced to task the Portuguese police YET AGAIN just what the hell is going on here?

Come on the Portuguese government, the only way you are going to stop this is to hold a full open and independent public inquiry into the way the Portuguese police have handled this investigation and the way they are still handling today!

Where has that DNA disappeared to?
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

So Now Have The Portuguese Police Got Rid of the Unidentified DNA found In Apartment 5a? Empty Re: So Now Have The Portuguese Police Got Rid of the Unidentified DNA found In Apartment 5a?

Post by vee8 Sun May 31, 2009 10:35 pm

You only have to look at their past track record. All evidence from the Cipriano case, such as it was, was desrtoyed before the trial. Same with the Rachel Charles murder. No evidence remains. Sickening, isn't it? A chance to perhaps wrap this case up, or clear a suspect, evaporated due to PJ incompetence. When will it end?
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

So Now Have The Portuguese Police Got Rid of the Unidentified DNA found In Apartment 5a? Empty Re: So Now Have The Portuguese Police Got Rid of the Unidentified DNA found In Apartment 5a?

Post by dianeh Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:06 am

The DNA sample itself is not necessary, as it should have already been profiled and those details will be recorded in the system. However, whether or not the McCann's detectives will be allowed access to it, or if a comparison can be done against it by the Portuguese Labs etc, who knows.

Another thing. Doing DNA analysis will destroy small samples. As the samples taken were minute, then they will have been destroyed during the analysis, so they werent deliberately destroyed.

Now what would be criminal is if the DNA samples were destroyed and have not been profiled (which I doubt because they are classed as unidentified so some attempt must have been made to identify them, so they must be profiled), or that the profiles have been done and not retained.

We shall have to wait and see what eventuates.

My bet is that the profiles were done and they have been retained but access wont be granted for comparison to Hewlett's DNA, not unless the British police request it. Of course, this is if the DVD files are correct and there was DNA not identififed. I wonder if the above mentioned paper knows that the forensic reports are in the DVD files and that they say there is unidentified DNA.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:15 am

Birmingham lab tested samples taken from the apartment to so hopefully they have details of that and dont forget by the time they found that unidentifiable dna brit cops were also present.Surely they would have had to take some records back to the uk??Not sure how it works.

I was thinking tonight, can anyone remember a bag of items found on a motorway not to far from luz??It included some items of clothing and a child's t-shirt along with a pencil case,and shower curtain etc.........tests were carried out on those items and im sure they said there was a partial match to Madeleine.What happened with that after??I wonder if Hewlett's dna would match up to the rest of the items?Privates now have his mobile phone number and investigating where he was and what calls were made etc around the time of Madeline's abduction........they have also been given a area where they believe his blue van was sold to................if that's true they are testing the van to see if Madeleine's dna is in it.It could prove she was inside that van.I also strongly think they should question Hewlett children,the ones who traveled with him t the time of the abduction,if Madeleine was with them at any point im sure one or more would remember her
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:38 am

I hope you are both right, but the Portuguese took samples before the FSS became involved. The report I read was in the Mail, not saying it is correct, but it read like they had not bothered to record the findings, I may be wrong, but this is what it read like to me yesterday.
It would not surprise me as they did exactly the same thing in the case of Joana Cipriano!

There is an international database that these details should be filed on, but it is understood that Portugal has not entered the details!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:47 am

Rosie

Then it is up to the British Police to request that the PJ/Portuguese Govt provide the details.

The actual results should not have been destroyed, as this case was ongoing (and why would they anyway even if it had been resolved). Even being shelved, this doesnt mean that any evidence would be destroyed, because the case can be re-opened.

If you are correct, and the results were not put onto the international database, then it becomes a matter of how to get access to that information.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:47 am

I didn't think the Portuguese had a DNA Database...............
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down