Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portuguese speaker help please?

4 posters

Go down

Portuguese speaker help please? Empty Portuguese speaker help please?

Post by Cath Mon May 11, 2009 11:01 pm

I'm having a discussion about this quote :
Aos 18 dias do mês de Abril de 2007

I'd translate that as "Since April 18th" or "At April 18th"

Babelfish : To the 18 days of the month of April of 2007
Google : At 18 days of the month of April

And another question: where I live, we've got some websites where one can type a phone number and then it searches and shows who's name and address are registered to that number (unless it's a 'secret' / non listed number"). Anything similar in Portugal?

May be you're curious why I'm asking this, so I'll post a link later. scared behind sofa

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Portuguese speaker help please? Empty Re: Portuguese speaker help please?

Post by maria Tue May 12, 2009 8:55 pm

Translation:

'On the 18th day of the month of April of 2007', litteral translation. From here, very easy to get the proper English... 'On the 18th of April 2007' or 'On April 18th 2007'...

About name and addresses. Until recently, you could only get that through a phone call to the telephone operator. I complained about that to Portugal Telecom and they came back with the most stupid reason: could invade user privacy... I believe they have come back on this, but not sure. So in short, there was not some time ago, now I don't know.
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath Wed May 13, 2009 10:20 am

And again it's Maria who helps me out. Thank you very much Maria.
xx

thankyou

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:37 am

I hardly dare to ask it, so I won't start a new thread about it. Portuguese speaker help please? 198592

Maria, can you please have a look at Volume XIII pages 3476-3478
I'm interested to know what they say about Sample 1A from the Burgau Villa. The result is specifically mentioned on page 3477 in the last alinea.

Thanks in advance! Portuguese speaker help please? 333777

PS DCB posted a request for a translation on Jo's site too.
I prefer to be able to check it if they do a translation.

Last edited by Cath on Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : errr)

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:49 pm

Cath

I'm in a hurry, so I'll do it just here.

Sample 1A was recovered on the ktchen door and is number as '4'. The Conclusion was(page 3477):

- From samples refered in 1,2,3 vestiges of blood were recovered
- From sample refered in 4 very light vestiges of blood were recovered
- On DNA analysis of hematic residues mentioned on samples 1 and 2 it was obtained a profile of a male individual
- On the analysis of sample refered in 3 only in some of the studied 'locl' vestiges were found. According to the results it was detected a mix of biological vestiges belonging to more than one individual, being possible only to indicate the profile of the major contributor that presents identicality [sorry, trying to mean that they are identical] of polimorfism (???) for the group of studied locl with the profile mentioned on previous number
- there is no identicality[again...] of polimorfisms of the hematic residues detected on the samples described in 1, 2 and 3 and the profiles sent by electronic mail on the 8th of November 2007 and on the letter nº 034308 dated the 4th of October 2007.
- On the DNA analysis of the hematic residues of the samples described in 4 we only obtained results in some of the studied locl, corresponding to a female individual. According to the obtained results there is no identicality [and again...] of polimorfism with the profiles sent by email on the 8th of November 2007 and on the letter nº 034308 dated the 4th of october 2007.

The bit you asked is in bold.

Hope it helps.

I didn't find this 'identicality' word so I decided to make it up and explain what it meant. Hope you'r able to properly 'translate' it from there...
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:56 pm

maria wrote:Cath

I'm in a hurry, so I'll do it just here.

Sample 1A was recovered on the ktchen door and is number as '4'. The Conclusion was(page 3477):

- From samples refered in 1,2,3 vestiges of blood were recovered
- From sample refered in 4 very light vestiges of blood were recovered
- On DNA analysis of hematic residues mentioned on samples 1 and 2 it was obtained a profile of a male individual
- On the analysis of sample refered in 3 only in some of the studied 'locl' vestiges were found. According to the results it was detected a mix of biological vestiges belonging to more than one individual, being possible only to indicate the profile of the major contributor that presents identicality [sorry, trying to mean that they are identical] of polimorfism (???) for the group of studied locl with the profile mentioned on previous number
- there is no identicality[again...] of polimorfisms of the hematic residues detected on the samples described in 1, 2 and 3 and the profiles sent by electronic mail on the 8th of November 2007 and on the letter nº 034308 dated the 4th of October 2007.
- On the DNA analysis of the hematic residues of the samples described in 4 we only obtained results in some of the studied locl, corresponding to a female individual. According to the obtained results there is no identicality [and again...] of polimorfism with the profiles sent by email on the 8th of November 2007 and on the letter nº 034308 dated the 4th of october 2007.

The bit you asked is in bold.

Hope it helps.

I didn't find this 'identicality' word so I decided to make it up and explain what it meant. Hope you'r able to properly 'translate' it from there...

Hi Maria as there is no word "identicality" in English, so from reading what you have written, I think in this case it probably means 'identical'or possibly 'identification'.

Thanks Maria, that is really interesting as I know that DNA and understanding it can be difficult, although I am by no means proficient in reading it accurately, I think I can understand what the paragraph in bold means.

So from what I understand this paragraph to mean and what the report is actually saying is On the DNA analysis of the hematic (blood) residues of the samples described in 4 they were only able to obtain results in some of the studied locl,(" meaning blocks which map the human complex trait which show they are") corresponding to a female individual.

According to the obtained results there is no identicality ("identical") polimorfism with the profiles sent by email on the 8th of November 2007 and on the letter nº 034308 dated the 4th of october 2007. Which means, that these samples although come from a female were "NOT" identified as coming from Madeleine.

Have you found something Cath?
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:32 am

Thank you Rosie, yes that was I meant. I rightly had my doubts about 'identicality' not being in the dictionary...

And you are a good 'pidgeon english' translator ... Portuguese speaker help please? 466476
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:41 am

maria wrote:Thank you Rosie, yes that was I meant. I rightly had my doubts about 'identicality' not being in the dictionary...

And you are a good 'pidgeon english' translator ... Portuguese speaker help please? 466476

Thank you Maria, I have had a lot of practice lately Portuguese speaker help please? 466476 Portuguese speaker help please? 466476 Portuguese speaker help please? 466476 I wish I had not been so lazy and learned another language, I am in awe of people like you! I understand DNA a little though, which is like a different language, so at least I am keeping my brain going. Portuguese speaker help please? 574656
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:28 am

Thank you very much Maria. Portuguese speaker help please? 333931 I didn't expect you could do this that soon. You've beaten Jo's bunch to it! Portuguese speaker help please? 691961

Yes, what you wrote that's how I understood it too. But as I'm not really fluent at Portuguese I needed help to see if I was right.

Which means, that these samples although come from a female were "NOT" identified as coming from Madeleine.

That's correct Rosie. Nor from the other people of whom they got the profiles on November 8th. They've got Madeleine's profile on October 4th. I would be interested to find out whose profiles they got on November 8th.

In case you can read PFA it's on the Polish thread discussed.

In a hurry now, so if you want me to tell you more about it, just ask for it and I'll post it tomorrow.

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:11 am

Hi Cath

I am not a member of PFA so cannot read it, any chance of bring the post over? Portuguese speaker help please? Icon_flower
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:28 pm

As far as I could see, all the exams requested were to be checked against Madeleine's DNA or even to determine her profile, as also pieces of pyjama were sent. The residues to be investigated came from various sources, from 5A and several cars.
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:03 pm

maria wrote:As far as I could see, all the exams requested were to be checked against Madeleine's DNA or even to determine her profile, as also pieces of pyjama were sent. The residues to be investigated came from various sources, from 5A and several cars.

Could be the language barrier. Portuguese speaker help please? Icon_flower
Your Portuguese to English and my Dutch to English.

Rosie I'll do that later on today (or tomorrow), when I've got a bit more time available.
It was really interesting to read & investigate it all.
I don't mind if anybody else posts it or starts a thread about it either.

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:48 am

Ooops, been busy and forgot about it. Polish couple is a long thread.
Will post the (short version) next.

Now I've found something else which intrigues me.
As I was looking for something else, my eyes got caught by this

Processos Volume X, pgs. 2500 to 2724
2655 to 2660—Info re UK A.C.P.O Cadaver dogs 06.06.2007 (English)
http://themaddiecasefiles. com/topic2.html?sid=56b414b27fe87d6183de579cdf6ded50

No link to the document. Pamalam seems to be down, yet I've got an off line copy of these pages, but when I look at them, I get the FSS report.

Why no link over at Jo's place and is it possible for anybody who's got the real DVD to post those pages. Or pm me if you like.

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:01 am

Cath wrote:Ooops, been busy and forgot about it. Polish couple is a long thread.
Will post the (short version) next.

Now I've found something else which intrigues me.
As I was looking for something else, my eyes got caught by this

Processos Volume X, pgs. 2500 to 2724
2655 to 2660—Info re UK A.C.P.O Cadaver dogs 06.06.2007 (English)
http://themaddiecasefiles. com/topic2.html?sid=56b414b27fe87d6183de579cdf6ded50

No link to the document. Pamalam seems to be down, yet I've got an off line copy of these pages, but when I look at them, I get the FSS report.

Why no link over at Jo's place and is it possible for anybody who's got the real DVD to post those pages. Or pm me if you like.

Cath, that link is to Morais other site isn't it?

Thats all that is needed to know its probably lies. Astro's translations are being questioned too apparently.
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:05 am

Polish Couple.
A Portuguese person on a holiday noticed someone who was making pictures of young children at the beach. He's made a note of that man's car's license plate and a photo too (using his mobile phone). The suspicious man was accompanied by a woman.
After Madeleine disappeared this Portuguese man called the PJ when he saw the Polish man again. The pj tracked the Polish man down but was too late as he already went out of the country, by plane, to Germany.
PJ sent faxes over to Germany (and Germany to Poland) to see where the couple was going. German cops talked to people sitting next to the Polish couple in the plane, those people said they didn't have a child on board of the plane. Polish cops went to the apartment where the Polish couple just has arrived home, didn't see a child.
Nobody thought of asking to see the pictures on the camera, so the camera wasn't checked.
The holiday apartment where the couple stayed in Portugal was searched and samples were sent in to investigate. They didn't think of comparing anything with Madeleine's DNA until Rebelo took over and asked for it.
Portuguese forensics didn't even have Madeleine's DNA profile until October 4th, according to the files.

That's all - short version.
Amoral recently (?) has been stating the pj didn't check the Polish couple thoroughly. He's right, that's because HE didn't do his job as a coordinator properly.

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:22 am

christabel wrote:Cath, that link is to Morais other site isn't it?

Thats all that is needed to know its probably lies. Astro's translations are being questioned too apparently.

Why do you think I usually go to Pamalam's place to find something I'm looking for? Portuguese speaker help please? Icon_flower
And as I don't trust (some of) the translations either, I also quite often check the jpeg files on her site (I can read a bit of Portuguese).

Here's a screenshot of Pamalam's jpeg file page :

Portuguese speaker help please? 8229903899_b

Look at the date of the info. This was way before Eddie and Keela went over to PdL.
Might explain why they choose those dogs in stead of other dogs.
Curious and curiouser.

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:39 am

Cath

Volume X pages 2655 to 2660 relate to the last part of the FSS reports, they are in english. I can't copy it here. But page 2580
Consigno nos presentes Autos, que procedi à
abertura da APENSO o qual contkrn fotocbpias de fdhas manuscritas
encontradas na resideneia do casal McCann na Rua Flores, 27
- Praia
da Luz, canstituldo por 789 fls. e carrespondentes a 2 cadernos e 1
bloco de notas.

Para
constar se lavrou o presente auto, que vai ser devidamente
assinado.

Porlimão,
10 de Seternbra de 2007

(really sorry for this quote, it is in very bad shape I know...)

in fact it is stated here that apenso II of 189 pages has been opened containing some copies of handwritten documents found at the villa (2 exercise books and 1 notebook). This was the 10th of September. The FSS report was included in the process the 6th of September.

As to Pamalam, the site was revamped and it is still there. I just can't remember from the top of my head. Her translations however are somewhat incorrect, and you should be carefull with what you read.
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:18 am

Thanks Maria (again, how many more times will I say that?).
Indeed when I look at those pages (2655-2660) I get the last pages of the FSS report (in jpeg format & in English).

Think someone's made a mistake somewhere numbering the files may be?

Does the DVD contain a list of what's included in the files (also in which volume) and does it mention page numbers?
Or did everybody (Pamalam, Jo etc) just copy it from the 3A's list of contents?

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:36 am

No the files do not have a page list, for that I usually go to Pamalan... That list is actually correct, or so I have found so far. And yes, I am aware that some pages that, according to their numbering, should belong in a specific volume are displaced for reason that we don't know.
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:43 am

Yes, lots of double things too. Ah, well doesn't matter.
Think I'll go looking for it when I've got time to have a look at the jpeg files.

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down