Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madeleine 'Tapas 7' Win Payout

+7
vee8
Rosie
calcite51
clairesy
littleminx
Claire from Canada
maria
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Madeleine 'Tapas 7' Win Payout Empty Madeleine 'Tapas 7' Win Payout

Post by Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:57 am

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Madeleine-McCann-Tapas-7-To-Get-Libel-Damages-From-Express-Newspapers/Article/200810315121775?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_1&lid=ARTICLE_15121775_Madeleine_McCann_Tapas_7_To_Get_Libel_Damages_From_Express_Newspapers

Friends who were with the parents of Madeleine McCann when she disappeared in Portugal are to be paid £375,000 in libel damages by Express Newspapers.

Sky's Crime correspondent Martin Brunt said: "The Tapas 7, friends of Kate and Gerry McCann - those who were on holiday with them in Portugal last year - are to receive apologies tomorrow morning in the High Court from Express Newspapers, and they will share a payout of £375,000.

"I'm told an apology will be read out in the court and then there'll be statements from the McCanns and the 'Tapas 7' lawyers.

"There will also be apologies in the Daily Express and Daily Star newspapers and we can expect something similar in the Sunday Express."

"The friends had complained about around two dozen articles in which they claimed they were libelled; accusations that they had covered up the truth of what had happened to Madeleine, allegations that they had obstructed the authorities and even allegations that one of them had been involved in Madeleine's disappearance," said Brunt.

"This is the third time this year newspapers have agreed a settlement.

"The first settlement was against Express Newspapers - they were forced to pay out just over £500,000 to Kate and Gerry McCann for more than 100 defamatory articles.

"In July, a number of newspaper groups were involved in an even bigger payout - around £600,000 - to Robert Mural, the first suspect in the case, who was subsequently cleared of suspicion by the Portuguese authorities.

...............................................................................................

The article says there is more news to follow on the matter

flower

Back to top Go down

Madeleine 'Tapas 7' Win Payout Empty Re: Madeleine 'Tapas 7' Win Payout

Post by Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:02 am

The Times newspaper is indicating that the payout is expected to be donated to the Find Madeleine Fund

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/law/article4950085.ece

flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:46 am

Oh and about time and well deserved.

I am just glad for them and will be particularly interested in any following news.

Perhaps now someone somewhere will do something to help look for Madeleine McCann who the PJ under direction of Goncalo Amaral, let down, very badly!

Now let's see how the antis try and wriggle and squirm out of this one!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Madeleine 'Tapas 7' Win Payout Empty Tapas 7 Donate Compensation to Madeleine Fund.

Post by Rosie Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:49 am

Friends of the parents of Madeleine McCann who were on holiday with the family when she disappeared are expected tomorrow to accept libel damages of £375,000.

The so-called Tapas 7 were dining with Kate and Gerry McCann at a restaurant at the time Madeleine was reported missing from her holiday apartment in May last year.

An admission of libel from Express Newspapers - publishers of the Daily Express, Sunday Express, Daily Star and Daily Star Sunday - is due to be read before Mr Justice Eady at the High Court tomorrow morning.

The money is expected to be donated to the Find Madeleine Fund which is paying for a private investigation into the hunt for the missing girl. perfect perfect perfect

Express Newspapers has previously paid £550,000 damages to Mr and Mrs McCann, from Rothley, Leicestershire. The group and other newspapers also paid more than £600,000 to former official suspect Robert Murat and two other people.

Madeleine disappeared at the resort of Praia da Luz, Portugal, just days before her fourth birthday.

Taken From The Times Newspaper

Shows the Tapas 7 have their priorities right.

I wonder if Murat donated any of his money to the Find Madeleine Fund?
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:41 am

Rosiepops,

I just had a look at that 3a's site - had to google it, as I told myself I was not going to look again. There are some pretty gutted posters over there lol! good - I hope that pops a few more balloons and that they are never inflated again.

flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:55 am

Personally, I would not be judgemental if the Tapas group did keep the money, after all, they were libelled and have no doubt suffered a great deal of pain as a result of articles published and comments made thereafter on same.

The antis are such a bunch of hypocrites. They continually go on and on and on and on about the McCanns wanting to make money from dear Madeleines plight, yet Kate and Gerrys' earlier libel award went straight to the Find Madeleine fund - not to their personal bank account. That would speak volumes to most normal thinking/minded people. Oooooooops, I forgot, the antis are far from normal, infact some of them are verging on the insane imo and a lot of the others appear bitter and twisted individuals who only see what they want to see - perhaps their narrow mindedness/tunnel vision facilitates same and in a sense, they just cannot think outside of their own little nasty box affraid

flower

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:18 am

That's absolutely terrific news, not just about the Tapas friends, but about the burst balloons on 3a's! I too would not blame them one bit if they kept the money, though I imagine they will all do the right thing.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:22 am

I just noticed that, at the bottom of the news article page on Sky, there is still a link to the bit about the 'Italian Madeleine' being found. Does that mean it really was her, because if it wasn't, surely they would have removed that link?
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Madeleine 'Tapas 7' Win Payout Empty Thanks for this China

Post by christabel Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:32 am

Did I just hear the sound of a lead balloon dropping on Viles? :annoygnat:

How annoying of the Tapas 7 not to inform them they were going to court laffin2 laffin2 laffin2

I wonder if they can guess who is next on the list highfive

Ididn'tdoit

He's going down LardyBoy moony
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:26 am

This is fantastic news, every penny is well deserved and long overdue.

I'm so pleased for them and it really wouldn't surprise me one bit if they donated the money to the find Madeleine fund. I think it would be very fitting but I'm sure whatever they do, it will be the right thing.

Last edited by Tinkerbell43 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:16 am

Great news...they deserve it.

Chris, I think I heard more than one lead balloon dropping over at Vile's place. Laffin Laffin Laffin :vileisaloser:

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:22 am

This certainly made my day! :D
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Madeleine 'Tapas 7' Win Payout Empty This has made my day too!

Post by Claire from Canada Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:33 am

Those filthy lousy b*****ds that sit there in judgement of these people....eat your hearts out you bunch of skids! Great win for the Mcann camp, and someday soon, praise god, this little girl will be found alive and well. I can't stop believing that this is going to happen.
I wonder what that idiot Bubbles is saying now eh?!!! I definitely can't be sued for libel calling her an idiot, it has to be a lie in order for that to happen!
Claire

Claire from Canada
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:34 am

Whatever others are saying. They were libelled, they sued, they won the case and they can do whatever they want with the money. A case of justice being served.

Much respect if they give it to the fund.

I've been reading on other boards all the wrigly squigly posts that turn the truth around. Damned if they do and damned if they dont.

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:36 am

I am very pleased that the Tapas 7 have been vindicated.

And that the money will go to the search for Madeleine.

Vee, was it you who said that if they were just in it for the money,they would keep it. The anti's have a convoluted theory that the detectives are somehow funnelling the money back to the McCanns, that is how they justify the donations to the fund being for the McCann's gain. Which was sort of blown out of the water by the revelation that Brian Kennedy let the company go that had excessive expense claims (if they were part of a conspiracy to commit fraud, then they wouldnt have been let go). The anti's just cant see that they need to keep widening the conspiracy circle for their stupid theories to work. And the first part of the conspiracy theory was the supposed cover up of the Tapas friends.

And now that has been proven to be bs as well, as the position that they did a cover up etc, just cannot be defended legally. And that is because it just isnt true. Im forever hopeful that the anti's will see just how stupid their ridiculous conspiracy theories are but then in some things I am an eternal optimist.

And I agree with the previous posters, that this will not be the last legal action taken for libel.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by littleminx Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:12 am

christabel wrote:Did I just hear the sound of a lead balloon dropping on Viles? :annoygnat:

How annoying of the Tapas 7 not to inform them they were going to court laffin2 laffin2 laffin2

I wonder if they can guess who is next on the list highfive

Ididn'tdoit

He's going down LardyBoy moony

i really hope your right!! hes a slime ball and they slither out off everything!!! i do hope the jury stand up to him!!!

As for the tapas friends .... i think it is great news, even better if they chose to put it to the funds and help to find madeleine..
littleminx
littleminx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 450
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:12 am

Claire from Canada wrote:Those filthy lousy b*****ds that sit there in judgement of these people....eat your hearts out you bunch of skids! Great win for the Mcann camp, and someday soon, praise god, this little girl will be found alive and well. I can't stop believing that this is going to happen.
I wonder what that idiot Bubbles is saying now eh?!!! I definitely can't be sued for libel calling her an idiot, it has to be a lie in order for that to happen!
Claire

OMSL lcaire thats a classic,i like it...

the money is imo a wonderful thing for them...whether they chose to donate it to the fund is their business but im sure the fund will benefit a great deal from this payout.Any an mount of money into this fund is a good thing and will all help towards the coslty hunt for little Madeleine ,who i feel will be returned to her family

god bless them all,Madeleine especially. :sendingulove: :sendingulove: :sendingulove:
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:31 am

I forgot to add in my previous post.

It has been very good of the Express group and Mr Desmond to fund the search for Madeleine in such a big way.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Madeleine 'Tapas 7' Win Payout Empty Tapas 7

Post by calcite51 Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:34 pm

I am also glad to hear about this - and I'm glad to hear that the Tapas 7 are donating the money to the Find Madeleine fund unlike some other people on some other forum who is spending her ill-gotten money (from the British taxpayers I understand) on trips, renovations, etc...
calcite51
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:09 am

Heard Fiona Payne talking after the hearing where libel damages have been awarded.

It was obvious what this poor woman and her friends have been subjected to, yet despite the dreadful wrongs done them, their first and foremost concerns were for Madeleine and she struggled to keep her emotions in check.

It has also been confirmed that the damages will be donated to the Find Madeleine fund. I wonder if Robert Murat has donated any of his money he made from Madeleine to charity?

I also hear a whisper this morning that all those on the net in blogs and forums who has defamed David Payne, need to feel afraid, very, very afraid. I hear it is their turn next. Also I believe that Goncalo Amaral may get named in any libel action concerning his part in these false allegations.

What with people turning against fatso in droves, his impending court case and he may have to answer questions over his conduct in the Madeleine McCann case and now this? I only hope he has saved a lot of that disgusting blood money he has made out a little girl he failed BIG TIME. Things are all downhill from here on in!

Vile should not spend too much of her compo money either, she may find she needs it soon!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:19 am

Hang on, has Vile got compensation for something? Can someone fill me in please?
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:43 am

Apparently she got compensation pay out for something or other, don't know the details, look on Supertrolls, they may be on there!

She probably got compo for being butt ugly!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:06 am

Thanks rosie, maybe Mod can fill me in.

On the friends payout, it said on the evening news that the McCann's are now looking to take other newspapers to court. I wonder if that's the Coreo de manure, or whatever it's called? THAT garbage piece of gutterpress sh*t is LONG overdue a taking down. It's just one step away from Gonzo.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:19 am

Rosiepops wrote:Apparently she got compensation pay out for something or other, don't know the details, look on Supertrolls, they may be on there!

She probably got compo for being butt ugly!

pmsl rosie how funny,I almost chocked on my fag smoke then!!However I would imagine it would be the public that would need compensation in such circumstances,after all its them who have to face her each day.Mind you with Halloween around the corner i would say she as the perfect opportunity to walk out and lift her head up high for a change, knowing that she is just as beautiful as all the rest of the monsters walking around vileonbroom :VileNotdocClaw :dirtyflasherdo
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:05 am

Clairesy, her face is so like her butt that they do not know which end up she is, people do not know whether to slap it or kick it! moony
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next