Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As police close Maddie case, McCanns face new agony

+6
Rosie
joanypony
maria
vee8
calcite51
christabel
10 posters

Go down

As police close Maddie case, McCanns face new agony Empty As police close Maddie case, McCanns face new agony

Post by christabel Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:58 pm

As police close Maddie case, McCanns face new agony over book by former investigation chief

By Vanessa Allen
Last updated at 1:38 AM on 21st July 2008

Comments (14) Add to My Stories

Gerry and Kate McCann: Deny they were involved in the disappearance of Maddie
Kate and Gerry McCann are expected to be told today that the inquiry into their daughter's disappearance is being shelved.

But in a heartbreaking blow, a book by the disgraced former head of the investigation will be published on Thursday promising 'explosive revelations' about the inquiry.

The memoir by Goncalo Amaral reportedly contains allegations that Madeleine died accidentally in her parents' care, and that they disposed of her body to cover up the death.

The McCanns, both 40, vehemently deny the claims.

Mr Amaral, 48, authorised the decision to name the McCanns as official suspects in their daughter's disappearance.

He was widely criticised for ignoring potential leads because of his focus on the couple and his rigid belief that Madeleine died in their holiday apartment in Praia da Luz on May 3 last year.

Many of the lurid smears and bizarre leaks from inside the police inquiry were also rumoured to have come from him.

They stopped abruptly when he was removed from the case last October.

Friends of the McCanns said their legal team would study his book, provisionally titled True Lies, and had not ruled out bringing libel proceedings against him.

It is set to hit the shelves three days after Portugal's attorney general is expected to announce the police inquiry will be 'archived'.

Goncalo Amaral: Promises 'explosive revelations' in Truth About The Lies
Despite Portugese police giving up on the 15-month investigation over Madeleine, the couple have yet to learn whether they will remain official suspects.

Under Portuguese law prosecutors are not required to clear suspects when a case is closed, unless evidence is found to categorically prove their innocence.

There have been examples of people remaining suspects - or arguidos - for years.

But the McCanns' lawyers and the level of interest in the case could force officials to concede the lack of evidence against them.

Clarence Mitchell, the McCanns' spokesman, said the couple hoped they would be cleared of suspicion and allowed to concentrate on the search for Madeleine, but that they did not know if that would happen.

He refused to comment about the claims in Mr Amaral's book but said: 'It's a great shame that people seem more interested in making money out of Madeleine's disappearance instead of helping the search for her.'

Mr Amaral told Portuguese media he remained convinced Madeleine died in her parents' rented apartment and claimed he was sacked as he tried to bring a key witness to Portugal.

Last week attorney general Fernando Pinto Monteiro stepped in to promise a 'solution' to case.

Missing: Madeleine McCann

He ordered prosecutors to advise him whether any further investigations needed to be carried out or if the inquiry could be archived.

Sources close to the inquiry said Mr Monteiro was anxious to resolve the case today before leaving on his annual holiday.

A decision to close the case could also lead to the strict secrecy laws being lifted.

This which would open the case files to public scrutiny and allow Mr Amaral to publish his book.

The McCanns' Portuguese lawyer, Carlos Pinto de Abreu, said he expected the book to amount to 'speculation'.

He said the couple's legal team was more interested in gaining access to the case files.

If the McCanns' private detectives uncover new evidence they could ask prosecutors to reopen the case at any time.

Mr Amaral was sacked as the head of the inquiry in October after he claimed British police only investigated leads which suited the McCanns and he took early retirement last month.

But he is also facing a perjury trial over claims he helped cover up the torture of the mother of another missing girl in the Algarve by some of his officers.
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

As police close Maddie case, McCanns face new agony Empty Another blow...

Post by calcite51 Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:29 pm

I think Gonc should be sued - how can these people live with themselves? I will NOT be buying his book.
calcite51
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

As police close Maddie case, McCanns face new agony Empty Re: As police close Maddie case, McCanns face new agony

Post by vee8 Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:06 pm

Finally the greater British public will be made aware of what the few of us knew all along. The storm is finally going to break, and the Great Gonzo is going to drown in the public's righteous anger.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

As police close Maddie case, McCanns face new agony Empty Re: As police close Maddie case, McCanns face new agony

Post by maria Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:41 pm

calcite51 wrote:I think Gonc should be sued - how can these people live with themselves? I will NOT be buying his book.

I believe no one should buy the book. Well just buy one and spread paper copies all over. It is more expensive and agressive to the environment but at least will not give him money to face the huge damage that I hope the McCanns and their friends will claim.
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

As police close Maddie case, McCanns face new agony Empty As Police Close In

Post by joanypony Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:39 pm

I would think that if this muck raker writes anything that he cannot prove and did not prove in his 'investigation' surely it would be libel and hopefully the McCanns and everyone else he mentions will be able to sue the pants off him. He has been proved to be a lazy b****** who found it easier to blame the parents instead of working to find where Madeleine is.
joanypony
joanypony
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

As police close Maddie case, McCanns face new agony Empty Please Sue His Backside Off Kate and Gerry

Post by Rosie Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:34 pm

Do not allow him to get away with this, it is about time this man started to pay for some of his errors.

I hope the McCann's lawyers can obtain an injunction *preventing* this book from reaching the shelves.

I believe he has only done this because he was forced to take early retirement ahead of his trial for perverting the course of justice in the case of the alleged torture and forced confession of the mother of another missing child, Joana Cipriano. He has to keep his lifestyle up somehow. I do not expect he gets his Mercedes Benz paid for by the Portuguese taxpayer now he has been forced into early retirement.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

As police close Maddie case, McCanns face new agony Empty The book

Post by tulip Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:47 pm

I wonder what would be best and most satisfying -- to get an injunction, or to let it be published and THEN sue his pants off!
I want this man to pay for what he has done, big time.
tulip
tulip
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Back to top Go down

As police close Maddie case, McCanns face new agony Empty book..

Post by Mandz Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:17 am

He is desperately trying to cash in on this little girl before his trial – sickening since it was his team in my opinion who let this little girl down…Such a disservice.. 🤡 🤡 🐷 🐷 🐷

ps I could have understood if he was going to write a book on "where to eat out" but not this... 🇳🇴
Mandz
Mandz
Apprentice's Assistant
Apprentice's Assistant

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:28 am

The McCanns dont have to face anything from this man now. He is a bitter has-been and a disgraced one at that!

If the book is published, I have no doubt they will take it in their stride like they have everything else he has thrown at them. As they said, everything else is secondary at the moment, but I'm certain as and when they are ready, his time will come. I have a feeling any gain he makes will be short lived!

I dont know how libel works, but wouldn't it be funny if he was ordered to pay any proceeds from his book into the findmadeleinefund! or should I say wouldn't it be a little bit of justice!
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

As police close Maddie case, McCanns face new agony Empty Amaral's Book of Fiction.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:42 am

It is obvious why he has written this book. He is a disgraced, ex-cop awaiting trial. He knows what he is guilty of...he knows he will pay the ultimate price.
He has a massive chip on his shoulder...against the British police...against the McCann's and against his own establishment.
He is going down and nothing can save him now. So in for a penny, in for a pound. He is trying to feather his nest..for his family and for himself.
After all...what else has he got? No career...no income...no future!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:23 am

Out and about hawking his story in the TV and press all last week. Goncalo Amaral should be deeply ashamed of himself.
Making mistakes and being totally incompetent is one thing, but writing a book about it and them hawking it, is another!
How does he sleep at night knowing he is seeking to cash in on a little girl he failed in just about every way possible? He makes me sick to even think of him, odious creep.

Roll on his court case, hopefully he will get judged correctly and all this adverse publicity is not going to help him now.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:02 am

I cant believe hes even thinking about writing a book.Whats happening here is only happening becasue he knows people will go out and buy this sickening book.The case is BIG all over the world and an opportunity to make money is spotted by a slithering slime ball...he grabs it...thats what ass h#oles do you know.
Whats driven a knife through my heart about this book is not the mccanns its madeleine... out there with strangers...Pondering on a situation she's too young to understand let alone cope with...who knows whats she as had to endure in the time shes been without her family.I feel really concernefor her.Pitty this so called fat ar##ed cop couldnt take the time to try and find a little compassion for her.Instead he sits on his lazy butt putting pen to paper scribbling deluded theories on whats become of this child.
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down