Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conclusion of McCann Case

4 posters

Go down

Conclusion of McCann Case Empty Conclusion of McCann Case

Post by dianeh Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:54 pm

New Report from TVI (Portugal)

http://www.tvi.iol.pt/informacao/noticia.php?id=970637

Got cleaned up English translation from another site (ForMadeleine Forum)

2008-07-10 10:46

Madeleine

Pinto Monteiro gave three weeks to magistrates

The Attorney General's Office wants to see the matter concluded as soon as possible.

The Attorney General's Office has three weeks to present to prosecutors the final report of the case of Madeleine McCann. The report shall [recommend], or not, the closing of the process. Pinto Monteiro wants to see the matter concluded as soon as possible.

The Attorney General's Office has already reviewed the 59 pages of the report delivered last week by the Judiciary Police to prosecutors. The document describes the facts 'established' and 'unclear' during investigations, but does not point to the type of crime or those guilty.

I believe this translation to be made in good faith. But we may have to wait until the official British press versions for confirmation.

This would mean that the decision would be made by the end of the July and the secrecy order will finish on Aug 14th (as per Gerry's blog). Unless of course the investigation is extended and with it the secrecy order.

Because after all wasnt the secrecy order supposed to end in mid July and it has now been extended to Aug. I wonder how this extension was achieved, is it allowed so that the magistrates can review the files. Surely the review should have been conducted within the given time limit of the secrecy order. But maybe that is allowed and happens in other cases. Does anyone have knowledge of how this works in the Portuguese Judicial system?
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Conclusion of McCann Case Empty Re: Conclusion of McCann Case

Post by vee8 Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:00 pm

I think, though I'm not sure, part of the reason for the delay is because the whole justice establishment takes a month's break during mid-summer?
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:23 pm

vee8 wrote:I think, though I'm not sure, part of the reason for the delay is because the whole justice establishment takes a month's break during mid-summer?

Oh Great !
Happy Holidays !!

Conclusion of McCann Case Full_914

Please Remain Vigilant !!
because Your Family is Not Safe from this Corruption .. Anywhere :pale:

Back to top Go down

Conclusion of McCann Case Empty Hi Diane and Vee8

Post by Rosie Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:36 pm

I think Vee is correct, the reason for this delay is because they are all on a months summer break, the "annual factory shutdown" so to speak.

Personally I believe the timing was deliberately connived, just as it has been throughout the handing over of reports throughout this sad and sorry excuse for an investigation. Everything has been geared not to affect Potugal's tourist industry and to cause the McCann's maximum pain and anguish. Born out of greed and spite, what a way to run a judiciary!

Let's face it the Portuguese police have never been in a hurry to find Madeleine, well they haven't even bothered looking really, so this latest PJ and judicial effort, does not surprise me in the least, what would have surprised me is if these authorities had acted with any kind of professionalism and compassion because that would have bucked the system.

One thing though Karma appears to be at work here and I think the Portuguese secrecy, unprofessionalism, spite and insensitivity are just about to be paid back 1000 fold.

Very soon I believe that a scandal far outweighing the Casa Pia scandal is going to rock Portugal (anyone reading our other part will know what I am talking about). However this time, it will not be possible to cover this up and neither should it be, not when the welfare of children is concerned.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Conclusion of McCann Case Empty On Summer Break

Post by dianeh Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:04 pm

The case should have been wound up before the summer break. The break is for four weeks. I also find it ridiculous that a secrecy order (or any court order for that matter) can be extended because the court is not in session. Surely if proof should be provided before it is extended, no matter what the reason.

You know, our courts slow down over Xmas here (summer) but the justice system doesnt grind to a halt.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Conclusion of McCann Case Empty Portugal's attorney-general demands decision on Madeleine McCann by end of July

Post by Guest Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:57 am

LISBON, Portugal: Portugal's attorney general said Friday he has asked prosecutors to decide by the end of the month whether to close the investigation into the disappearance of British child Madeleine McCann.

Prosecutors are examining the final police report on the case of the girl who went missing in Portugal's Algarve region during a family vacation on May 3, 2007, a few days before her fourth birthday.

"I have asked magistrates at the Public Prosecutor's office — three of them — to carefully analyze the (police) report, which is enormous, and to present their conclusions to me by the end of the month, which is a reasonable period of time," Attorney-General Fernando Pinto Monteiro told reporters.

"Either there will be some more police work to do ... or there's nothing more to be done and the case will be closed. That will be known by the end of the month," he said.

The case has drawn worldwide interest. A few weeks after Madeleine vanished, Pope Benedict XVI blessed her parents and a photo of their daughter during his weekly general audience at the Vatican. Numerous reported sightings of the blonde-haired girl proved to be false.

If authorities decide to close the case, it could still be reopened if new evidence emerges.

Detectives have named the girl's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, and local man Robert Murat as formal suspects in the case. They all have denied involvement.

The official judicial secrecy period granting confidentiality to the police investigation ends in mid-August when the suspects' lawyers will be allowed to see the police case file.

The McCanns, who have waged an international campaign to find their daughter, have said that if the investigation were to be closed they expect the search for Madeleine to continue. They have also hired private investigators.

___

On the Net:

http://www.findmadeleine.com
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/07/11/europe/EU-Portugal-Missing-Girl.php

Does Anybody know if they Choose to close the investigation will the official judicial Secrecy be Lifted too or Will this wait until Mid August ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:48 am

The Big Question: After 14 months and no charges, is the Madeleine McCann inquiry over?
Has the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance achieved anything at all?
Yes...
* Though progress has been slow, Portuguese authorities deny the investigation has been closed
* If the case is allowed to lie on file, that does not mean it is closed. Information could come to light in the future
* The case has been given a huge amount of resources in Portugal and the UK. The lack of a charge does not mean a lack of effort
No...
* After 14 months, hundreds of interviews and dozens of volumes of evidence, no one has been charged over Madeleine's disappearance
* Despite early optimism, efforts by a private investigation firm to find Madeleine have also foundered
* Not only does the case remain unsolved, but crucial mistakes early on by police may have made their job far harder *

By Cahal Milmo http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/the-big-question-after-14-months-and-no-charges-is-the-madeleine-mccann-inquiry-over-858287.html

Back to top Go down

Conclusion of McCann Case Empty Stalling..

Post by Mandz Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:49 pm

The truth of the matter is they are stalling because of the embarrassment + perhaps scared of McCann’s right to sue. How many more bits of paper do they need to look at? Get it into your heads PJ this is a little girls life you are playing around with and if it was your child would YOU be stalling? She could be in the hands of sickoz therefore every second/minute & hour Maddie is suffering. When will you sink this in?? Do the right thing and hand the case over to Scotland Yard. Close the case so that Scotland Yard can get on with this.

Put the child before your pride.....

The above is my own opinion.
Mandz
Mandz
Apprentice's Assistant
Apprentice's Assistant

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content