Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kate McCann's 'tearful call to witness, begging him to give evidence' revealed as couple make legal bid for police files/Witness/GORDON

3 posters

Go down

Kate McCann's 'tearful call to witness, begging him to give evidence' revealed as couple make legal bid for police files/Witness/GORDON Empty Kate McCann's 'tearful call to witness, begging him to give evidence' revealed as couple make legal bid for police files/Witness/GORDON

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:44 pm

The mother of Madeleine McCann made a desperate plea to a holidaymaker to give evidence about a man seen acting suspiciously before Madeleine appeared, it has emerged.

Details of the tearful phone call were revealed as Kate and Gerry McCann were taking their battle to force British police to release information on the three-year-old's disappearance to the High Court.

Kate McCann is said to have rung Paul Gordon in tears two weeks ago to beg him to give a statement to the private investigators she and husband Gerry hired to hunt for their daughter.

Mr Gordon, 34, who rented the same apartment in Praia da Luz as the McCanns a week earlier, confronted a stranger outside the flat who claimed to be a charity collector.

He gave a statement to police at the time and a photofit image compiled from his description of the man was created, but the picture was never released.

Mrs McCann allegedly wanted him to supply a fresh statement and photofit to private investigators searching for Madeleine but her request was apparently turned down.

A police source said Mr Gordon, from Fareham, Hampshire, had turned down the plea because he had already given a statement about the prowler to Leicestershire Police.

The source said Mrs McCann was 'apparently in tears during the whole conversation'.

His evidence is part of the details the McCanns hope Leicestershire Police will be forced to release by the High Court.

Carefree: Madeleine riding her bike last spring. Her parents want British police to release documents about the investigation into her disappearance

The couple, who are both 40, are not expected to attend today's hearing in London before Mrs Justice Hogg.

It is thought they and their twins, Sean and Amelie, have gone on holiday for the first time since Madeleine disappeared.

The hearing is scheduled to take place in the High Court's family division, although it will be held in open court.

Clarence Mitchell, the McCanns' spokesman, said: 'Kate and Gerry have made an application for the disclosure of certain documents relating to the case.

'It's clearly a matter for Mrs Justice Hogg to assess and decide, but we hope a decision will become clear during the hearing.'

Madeleine, then just three, vanished from the family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz on May 3 last year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1032714/Kate-McCanns-tearful-witness-begging-evidence-revealed-couple-make-legal-bid-police-files.html

Can you Imagine that phone call ? :pale:
Kate must feel like she is banging her head against a brick wall :(
Why couldn't Mr Gordon give the team of investigators this Important Information again ?
We Wish You all the Best today Kate & Gerry ~ Who is Really Pulling the Stings here ?

Last edited by Rosiepops on Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forum Revamp Title Amended For Easier Reference)

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann's 'tearful call to witness, begging him to give evidence' revealed as couple make legal bid for police files/Witness/GORDON Empty McCanns To See Police Files

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:20 am

The parents of Madeleine McCann have won access to previously secret police files on the disappearance of their daughter.

Kate and Gerry McCann have welcomed court deal

Their private investigators will now work with 81 files gathered by Leicestershire Police in the days immediately after the toddler vanished.

Today at the High Court, the McCann's lawyers withdrew a bid to force the disclosure of all the information held by the police force.

Kate and Gerry McCann, both 40, did not attend the High Court hearing.

Sky News crime correspondent Martin Brunt said: "It sounds like a compromise."

He said Leicestershire Police would now share 81 files - out of some 11,000 different "bits of information" they held on the case.

The parents, who wanted to avoid a legal conflict with the police while at the same time obtaining as much material as possible to help in their continuing search, were content to withdraw their case.

Their spokesman Clarence Mitchell, speaking on the steps of the High Court in London, welcomed the move.

"All of this is important information. We now have 80 new leads for our investigators to work on," he said.
In court, Mrs Justice Hogg urged anyone with information about Madeleine to come forward.

"There is, of course, one person who knows what has happened to Madeleine and where she may be found," the judge said.

"I ponder about that person - whether that person has a heart and might understand what it must be like for Madeleine to have been taken and secreted from her parents and siblings and those she loved and felt secure with.

"I ponder whether that person has a conscience or any feeling of guilt or remorse or even cares about the hurt that has been caused to an innocent little girl, and whether that person has a faith or belief and what explanation or justification they might give to God."

Madeleine was three when she vanished from the family's holiday apartment in the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz on May 3 last year.

Mitchell added: "Kate and Gerry very much welcome that a compromise has been reached.

"This is very good news for the investigation."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Madeleine-McCann-Lawyers-In-High-Court-Over-Police-Case-Files/Article/200807115026174?lpos=UK%2BNews_3&lid=ARTICLE_15026174_Madeleine%2BMcCann%2BLawyers%2BIn%2BHigh%2BCourt%2BOver%2BPolice%2BCase%2BFiles

What a Huge Step in the Right Direction, Many Thanks to Mrs Justice Hogg :o

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann's 'tearful call to witness, begging him to give evidence' revealed as couple make legal bid for police files/Witness/GORDON Empty WhyMadeleine

Post by dianeh Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:01 am

Janet

I do not understand this Mr Gordon and his refusal to be re-interviewed. If he cared enough to come forward in the first place, then why not agree to another interview. What if he held the key to the whole thing?

There is no understanding some people. I truly hope that he wont be interviewed because he thinks the McCanns are involved with Madeleine's disappearance. That would be truly disgraceful.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann's 'tearful call to witness, begging him to give evidence' revealed as couple make legal bid for police files/Witness/GORDON Empty I'm going on a limb here by stating...

Post by calcite51 Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:35 am

that I believe he may have thought that all the information was secretive from the investigation and was afraid to disclose any info to anyone but the PJ's - I could of course be wrong but there has been so much confusion about all these secrecy laws in Portugal.
calcite51
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann's 'tearful call to witness, begging him to give evidence' revealed as couple make legal bid for police files/Witness/GORDON Empty Calcite

Post by dianeh Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:42 am

Yes, you could be right. Tulip also made a good point that he may not wanted to be involved due to all the publicity etc.

We dont know why he wouldnt help. He may also have thought he had nothing more to add to his statement to the police, and the McCanns probably have that now, if it was done via Leic police. It may also be some personal reason (say ill health).

I dont condemn him, he has his reasons, I just hope that they were not the wrong ones. Anyway, the files will be released soon, so even if his testimony is in Portugal, the McCanns team will get access to it. That may also have been at the back of his mind.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann's 'tearful call to witness, begging him to give evidence' revealed as couple make legal bid for police files/Witness/GORDON Empty Re: Kate McCann's 'tearful call to witness, begging him to give evidence' revealed as couple make legal bid for police files/Witness/GORDON

Post by clairesy Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:19 pm

Making that telephone call must have been extremely hard for the mccanns kate in particular.
I understand that people sometimes get afraid and don't want to be in the spotlight where media etc are concerned however im afraid I don't think they should have a choice in the matter.

If a person witnesses something that may or may not help police or victims then they should be held accountable for holding this information back. Im aware he as already made a statement to Lesc police but I feel that the time as come for him to talk again about what he witnessed.
If he is afraid then steps should be taken by police to make sure he is protected in every way possible....after all he as rights to and if he doesn't want to splashed over the papers then his wishes should be respected.

But for me ...and through a personal experience of someone letting you down where a simple statement was all that was needed I find it particularly frustrating when a person decides its best to ignore what could help another person. I also begged for someone to talk to police once with something i needed their help with. This person was a friend but was that terrified to talk to them her mum intervened and she ended up telling police she knew very little at all.Can you believe that!!!!!!!
This might have been true to a certain extent.... BUT I knew 100% for sure that she was a aware of more than she told police. I also told police that she knew more...but they couldnt do anything because she was stating she knew nout........
In the end our friendship dwindled away to ziltch (her choice) which I was really upset with, but then as my parents said to me....she cant be that much of a friend in the first place or she wouldn't have told police she knew nothing. zipit

I blame the way the system runs though...if they took more measures to help witnesses speak of what they saw or heared then more witnesses would feel secure in speaking to police. Im not really sure how this works legally..but if a person refuses to say what they saw can they be held accountable???...........possibly/yes?.....................BUT............ if a person says they saw or heared nothing...there isn't a lot that can be done. Even if the victim says that they are lying and know more......the police cant take a statement from someone who says they know nothing about it.

Hmmmm thats how I see it anyway.

I can imagine kate and her frustration in that telephone call.It must have been really frustrating ..bet she wanted to bang her head up against a brick wall ...........or the guys head maybe. :shock:

I wish kate and gerry more luck than anything in this entire world right now...although its proving to be a long slow trying process for them,I feel they will prevail in the end...madeleine will be found and they can work on getting all this behind them and moving on to be the happy family they once were.
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann's 'tearful call to witness, begging him to give evidence' revealed as couple make legal bid for police files/Witness/GORDON Empty Re: Kate McCann's 'tearful call to witness, begging him to give evidence' revealed as couple make legal bid for police files/Witness/GORDON

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:33 pm

dianeh wrote:Janet

I do not understand this Mr Gordon and his refusal to be re-interviewed. If he cared enough to come forward in the first place, then why not agree to another interview. What if he held the key to the whole thing?

There is no understanding some people. I truly hope that he wont be interviewed because he thinks the McCanns are involved with Madeleine's disappearance. That would be truly disgraceful.

Hiya Diane xx
Now that the team of New Investigators Will be able to Study the files Finally Released :cheers:
NObody can get in the way of Justice and Bringing Madeleine Home :D

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann's 'tearful call to witness, begging him to give evidence' revealed as couple make legal bid for police files/Witness/GORDON Empty hi janet

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:08 am

I hope your right and justice will be given..................................to all those nasty cruel ones involved.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down