Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murat - What are your thoughts on him ?

+5
dianeh
archer
christabel
kateno.51
Tinkerbell43
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Murat - What are your thoughts on him ? Empty Murat - What are your thoughts on him ?

Post by Tinkerbell43 Tue May 27, 2008 11:56 pm

Just offering this up for discussion. I am sure a lot of people have questions they would like this man to answer!

I cant stop for now, but would say, my own belief is, this man knows a lot more than he is saying!!!.

TTFN.
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Murat - What are your thoughts on him ? Empty M U R A T

Post by kateno.51 Wed May 28, 2008 3:40 am

Tinkerbell43 wrote:Just offering this up for discussion. I am sure a lot of people have questions they would like this man to answer!

I cant stop for now, but would say, my own belief is, this man knows a lot more than he is saying!!!.

TTFN.

Hi. why did he hire a car when he had 2 in his garage? why give his ex's name and address? His girlfriend's ex worked as pool attenedant at the M.W. The girlfriend was a J.W. who was meant to be at a Jehovah's meeting. Apparently she was ex-communicated or bombed out as she had a fling outside her religion. Why were the pj watching him before Madeleine's abduction? What was it about him that made some suspect him? What was on the computer that his friend had to wipe it clean? Why did he say he'd had no contact with the Russian ? Romigen his website? He sat in while the friends of K&G were giving statments. The two sisters who saw him. Why the change of clothes? He told the sisters he had to go shower as he'd had the same clothes on the whole day. They say they saw him earlier with different clothes on. Wasn't there a barrister that saw him too? Is he a message boy for someone of high authority? I hope we find out.

kateno.51
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Murat - What are your thoughts on him ? Empty Hi Kateno

Post by Tinkerbell43 Wed May 28, 2008 6:56 am

I'd forgotton some of the things you have posted. It just shows how easy it has been for him to drop from the radar. So many unanswered questions!

I'd like to know why he allegedly changed his alibi and why he lied about speaking to Malinka on the night in question.

Malinka allegedly said he last saw Murat 3 months prior to the 3.05.07. Why did they meet up a couple of days after Madeleine disappeared ?

I understand it wasnt the Tapas that first pointed the finger at Murat, according to The Telegraph, he was allegedly first reported to the police 3 days after Madeleine disappeared by a Portuguese citizen that acts as a state informer and had met him on several occasions. Why did this person report Murat ?

I'd like to know if its true that he allegedly worked as a police informant, I think he looks much too comfortable in amongst the PJ/GNR on the photos displayed on our other topic.

What made police return to Murats Villa 3 months after he was made an Arguido and start digging ?.

So many unanswered questions, I cannot shake off that imo there is much more to this man.
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Murat - What are your thoughts on him ? Empty Re: Murat - What are your thoughts on him ?

Post by kateno.51 Wed May 28, 2008 8:21 am

Hi Tinkerbell.

Murat is just one of the ones as you say has gone out of the radar. I don't have the time tonight but a few come to mind like the couple who tried to cash in on Madeleine. They were tried in Spain and Portugal knew nothing of it. I would like to know more regarding those two. He had threatened a judge i'm not sure if it was in France or Spain. Toscano is another one who went out of the radar he's the one who said at the beginning the frenchman was connected. The frenchman said he'd never been to Portugal for so many years but he had been in Portugal when his film had it's opening night in Lisbon. So he is lying. :twisted: Strange how some suspects just fade into the background. Convenient or what? :evil: :evil:

kateno.51
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Murat - What are your thoughts on him ? Empty Murat - What are your thoughts on him ?

Post by christabel Wed May 28, 2008 9:48 pm

Murat - What are your thoughts on him ? None if I can help it Tinks!
He makes me sick to the stomach.
Doesn't his cousin look like him?

Tinkerbell43 wrote:Just offering this up for discussion. I am sure a lot of people have questions they would like this man to answer!

TTFN.
Murat - What are your thoughts on him ? Muratsymingtonsolar468xoe2
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Murat - What are your thoughts on him ? Empty Correct Me if I Am Wrong

Post by Rosie Wed May 28, 2008 11:03 pm

(Sure someone will :P )

But when this man Angus Symington came on the scene both he, Robert Murat and Robert Murat's uncle Ralph Everleigh acted as if they did not know each other! (Ralph Everleigh I think is the husband of Sally Everleigh and Sally is the lady who cannot make her mind up if she is Robert's cousin or aunt)

I thought this weird at the time this story broke, that two men who lived in the same 'small sleepy' (supposedly) fishing village of PDL, who were in the same sort of business (property) and they did not know each other and they turn out to be cousins? Is this true? Read the enclosed excerpt from the Mail (link provided) and then make your own mind up if this whole Robert Murat thing, complete with all of these lookalikes should not be investigated properly by a competent police force? (Guess that rules out the PJ then!)

Recently it was said that this man 'Angus Symington', was reported to have been in PDL on the night that Madeleine disappeared and that this apparently gave strength to Robert Murat's alibi, now from this report, it is quite clear that this man Symington categorically denies he was in Praia da Luge that night!

So what is the truth and who is lying? Couple this with all the other alleged lies and mysteries surrounding Robert Murat that night, how can the PJ say that this has been investigated properly? How and why have these people ruled out of this investigation properly? Or has this been yet another set of circumstances that someone within the PJ has just written off as unimportant, or just totally ignored? Or have they been discounted for other more sinister reasons?

Just what the bloody hell is going on with this investigation? If Murat fits in, where does he fit it? Where would he stand in any reconstruction? As there are now around 15 eye witnesses who are reporting seeing a man resembling Murat around on that night and who have reported seeing Murat dressed in different clothes on the day after Madeleine disappeared the 4th May. Has anyone actually investigated why it is that around 15 people one of them a barrister, is reporting seeing Murat? Seeing as it is highly unlikely that around unconnected people both to Murat and the McCann's would just suddenly make this up, where does all this fit in, it is obvious to anyone with half a brain that these people DID IN FACT see something and someone resembling Robert Murat. If Murat is completely innocent and he was at home that night, then just who did all these witnesses see? These witnesses have no axe to grind and nothing to gain from saying they saw Murat and this man Symington has such a striking resemblance to Murat. I feel that any half decent detective would be smelling one huge colossal rat here and would be running this lead down, in actual fact it seems to me that this is one BIG lead and one that could in fact lead somewhere! (Unless some people do not want it leading anywhere!) Is it any wonder that the McCann's are calling on all those that have given information to this investigation through the PJ, to contact them personally and give their information again?

If you have information please contact the McCann's on
0845 8384699 Or +44 845 838 4699 or email on
anonymous@findmadeleine.com or investigation@findmadeleine.com

The astonishing likeness between the two men could cast doubt on the witnesses' evidence, which contradicts Mr Murat's alibi that he was at home all night with his elderly mother.

The contradictions were believed to have been a key reason why the father-of-one was named as an official suspect, or arguido, in the investigation on May 14.

Mr Murat, 34, was shown a photograph of Mr Symington and said: "I'm shocked, I'm amazed by the likeness.

"The hairline and the nose, it could be me. Only the chin is different.

"I will show this photograph to my lawyer and I hope he will raise it with the Policia Judiciaria."

There is no suggestion that Mr Symington was involved in Madeleine's disappearance and he is not a suspect in the case.

He sells and manages properties around Praia da Luz, including the Ocean Club, and had legitimate reasons to be in the town on May 3.

His office at Ocean Country Real Estate is a few hundred yards from Kate and Gerry McCann's holiday apartment in the resort, which his father co-founded and still co-owns.

Mr Symington and Mr Murat are of similar age, height and build, both share British backgrounds and they both wear similar glasses.

Mr Murat's uncle Ralph Everleigh was shown Mr Symington's photograph and exclaimed: "Bloody hell, it's Robert! They're very similar."

But Mr Murat's hopes that the likeness could help him clear his name were dealt a blow last night when Mr Symington said he left Praia da Luz at 6pm on May 3 and was seven miles away at the time of the witness sightings, between 10pm and midnight.

He said: "I categorically wasn't around on the night she vanished. I was at home with my family."

Taken from the Mail.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-510083/Madeleine-Witnesses-mistaken-suspect-Robert-Murat-British-double.html

Rosie x Rosie x
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Murat - What are your thoughts on him ? Empty ooh a riddle...

Post by archer Thu May 29, 2008 7:39 am

Rosie

...so the story so far is.........

.....Murat and Symington are cousins :?: :?: they are not cousins...... :?: :?:

.....they don't really know each other :?: :?: they do know each other :?: :?:

.....they were both in PDL on the night of 3rd May :?: :?: they weren't in PDL on 3rd :?: :?:

.....they both work in the property market :?: :?: they don't work in the p/market :?: :?:

.... there is a striking resemblance between each other :?: :?:

.....there isn't a striking resemblance between them :?: :?:

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

So what are the pj doing with this ? :scratch:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

2 pints of lager and a packet of crisps, please :cheers:
archer
archer
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Murat - What are your thoughts on him ? Empty Rosie, Archer

Post by dianeh Thu May 29, 2008 9:35 am

Murat may not lead to Madeleine, but I feel sure he will lead somewhere. There was definitely someone who looks like Murat that was around on that night. If it isnt him, then the look alike must be found. Rosie is 100% spot on that a number of witnesses that are unrelated to the McCanns and their friends have reported seeing Murat that night, and they are reputable witnesses, with no reason to lie. They came forward to help out the PJ find a missing little girl. No conspiracy, no lies.

It doesnt however mean that the person was Murat, it could have been one of the look a likes that seem to be on every street corner in PDL. But this truly needs to be investigated because even if not Murat, there was another person present and he needs to be interviewed and investigated. It may be, as I have said before, that Murat (or the look a like) is involved in something else that is illegal, which is why they dont tell the truth. But that needs to be determined, and using the assumption that the witnesses did see someone and they are telling the truth, rather than dismissing what they say because it doesnt fit in with the latest theory.

This line of investigation may not lead to Madeleine, but if the PJ are looking for discrepancies and inconsistencies because they believe that leads to the guilty party, they really cant go past this. Discrepancies and inconsistencies in testimony need to be investigated for all witnesses, not just the McCanns and their friends.

I have felt that this glaring discrepancy about Murat (or a look a like) would be the big stickler in any supposed reconstruction. But if Murat (or a look a like) wasnt even asked to take part, nor the witnesses that say he was there, how could it have even attempted to be a reconstruction.

And as for not knowing a cousin in the same small town, in the same business. This is so stupid it must have been a leak from the PJ that they didnt know each other.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Murat - What are your thoughts on him ? Empty Diane and Archer

Post by Rosie Thu May 29, 2008 10:55 am

As you say a riddle.

But any riddle like this in a case as serious as this needs investigating closely as there is something not right here and this is for certain.
Could be as you say Diane, one or both may have been up to something illegal and this is why they do not admit to the truth, so therefor it is the PJ's job to get to the truth and what have they done about this? Nothing it seems!

All those witnesses saw someone that night, whether it was Murat or a Murat look alike who knows, but this is significant it itself!
If it wasn't Murat and it was his double, then why hasn't he admitted to being there? I can even go as far to saying I understand if they are frightened to do this because of the PJ and being framed fro something they did not do, then if this is the case then they should contact the McCann's through their numbers or email them and tell them, because someone needs to start speaking the truth about that night, still yet a little girl's life could be depending on it.
I think there is something decidedly sinister in PDL and it is about time someone from outside sorted this mess out, it is obvious the PJ haven't a clue!

Like you say Diane, if the Pj are looking at inconsistencies in the McCann's, they they have to app;y the same logic to Murat and all these lookalikes that were around that night.

It is positively weird that so many people so closely resemble each other who all live in the same little place in Portugal, what is it in breeding or something?
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Murat - What are your thoughts on him ? Empty I Am Trying Desperately To Give Murat The Benefit Of The Doubt

Post by Rosie Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:07 am

But this is becoming increasingly hard, the more I hear about this man the more I am convinced that there is something that needs serious looking at by an uncorrupted police force that actually know what they are doing!
There are far too may inconsistencies here that have not been investigated properly. The PJ have made much in their leaks to the press about time line inconsistencies of the tapas 9, why have they not made anything of the glaring inconsistencies in time lines and Murat's whereabouts on the evening and night of May 3rd 2007. The evidence that he may not be telling the truth has actually mounted up over the past year and in many respects this has been the big story that people seem to have missed.

What is going on?

What are the PJ actually doing about this?

It took Paulo Rebelo months to even talk to Murat since he took over the investigation from disgraced detective Goncalo Amaral, this can't be right.
Apparently Rebelo has not even bothered talking to the McCann's, which is totally bizarre, not only because they actually have a right to know what is being done to find their daughter, they are also arguidos. What other police force sacks the detective in charge of a controversial investigation, appoints another who doesn't even bother getting in touch with the 3 suspects?

Just totally ridiculous and then they wonder why people have completely lost faith in the Portuguese police.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Murat - What are your thoughts on him ? Empty Murat?

Post by Mandz Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:14 am

I agree Tinks!
I forget sometimes that he was seen by numerous witnesses on “the night” yet he denies this. How can all these people be wrong? People reported that he was acting funny/strange the next day - in a hurry to hire a car etc which he said he needed as his mother was using his car. Also the fact that he worked for the PJ as an interpreter. Eh hello.
The man carrying a child appears to be walking near or towards Murat’s villa?Also the Architect who informed the police re cellar under the villa however the police did not bother checking this until months later.
I think she was taken by someone with inside info someone who knows MW complex the police and judicial system etc. Someone in PDL knows however the police appear more interested in K&G....in the wrong direction IMO.
:evil:
Mandz
Mandz
Apprentice's Assistant
Apprentice's Assistant

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Murat - What are your thoughts on him ? Empty murat

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:25 am

A scenario of a criminal case for you to base a judgement on.

Please forget any background thoughts or information that you may have and look solely at the evidence that I state.

This is a hypothetical case based on a real case.

Lets just say that a murder has been committed and there is absolutely no forensic evidence like DNA or a murder weapon to help support a police investigation into the murder.

There are however witnesses who were present in the vicinity of the crime scene on the night in question, who each observed their surroundings and who was present in those surroundings.

The police arrest someone based on evidence not known to the public and make them an official suspect in the murder case.

This suspect gives the police a text book water tight alibi about his movements on the night in question that the murder was committed.

He said that he was at his girlfriends house all night that is a stones throw away from the murder scene, sitting in the kitchen talking and he never left the house once during the course of the evening.

His girlfriend supports this alibi with a statement under oath.

This text book water tight alibi and no forensic evidence linking this person to the crime prevents the police from charging the suspect with the murder, but the suspicion is still aimed at the person based on information that is not yet known to the public.

The police continue with their investigation into the murder and find no forensic evidence linking anyone to the murder.

They do however have witness statements from those who were in the vicinity of the crime scene on the night in question.

Out of the witnesses there are 9 who claim to have seen the suspect who is under suspicion for the murder, in the vicinity of the crime scene on the night the murder took place, even though the suspect denies this and has an alibi to back up his denial.

Out of the 9 witnesses there is a Barrister, Business woman, several nannies and friends of the victim who all state categorically under oath that they saw him there.

Either the 9 witnesses are lying or the suspect and his alibi are lying.

If you was the chief investigating officer what would you think about the suspect and his alibi?

To our knowledge there is no forensic evidence linking the suspect to the crime, what there is though is a suspect and his only witness lying about his movements on the night in question.

The question has got to be; why has the suspect in the murder enquiry lied about his movements on the night the murder took place?

Back to top Go down

Murat - What are your thoughts on him ? Empty Re: Murat - What are your thoughts on him ?

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:46 am

I agree totally. There are still open many questions which are connected to Murat, Malinka and Walczuch but no answers. PJ protects Murat as it protects all abductors behind Madeleine's disappearance.

http://minnea.blogspot.com/2008/01/murat-malinka-walczuch-lot-of-questions.html

Back to top Go down

Murat - What are your thoughts on him ? Empty Re Murat

Post by helenm Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:59 am

I think there are so many unanswered questions that we all have regarding this man and his friends, and until the judicial secrecy laws pertaining to the disappearance of Madeleine are dropped then thhat is how they will remain, unanswered.

None of us are privy to any factual information, have no real idea how the police investigation has progressed (or not as the case may be). For all we know these instances have been thoroughly investigated and decisions made as to their usefulness. My major concern is that a police officer, Goncalo Amaral, was allowed to take charge of an investigation when he was facing charges himself. A disgrace for any country to allow that. What confidence does that instil?

IMO the police investigation was flawed from the start, crime scene not sealed off; borders not alerted until 12 hours later; search teams not structured, certainly in the first 24 hours; house to house searches not initiated; no liaison officer assigned to the Mccann's to offer support and act as an interpreter and advocate in the early hours of Madeleine's disappearance, to name but a few. Looking at this list doesn't give you the confidence to say job well done, so if anyone is to 'blame' for the bad press the Portuguese Police have had they need look no further than their own doorstep.
helenm
helenm
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Murat - What are your thoughts on him ? Empty my thoughts on robert murat

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:51 pm

🇳🇴 I still ask,if mr Murat is as innocent as pj have said why is he still the arguido?

Back to top Go down

Murat - What are your thoughts on him ? Empty thoughts on murats intresting

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:39 pm

The McCanns look for answers in Robert Murat. The multimillionaire that supports the expenses with lawyers and the private detectives of the Spanish agency "Método 3" went on purpose to Algarve to know the British.

Brian Kennedy offered to help him, although he was unable to explain how. Why? Why does he believe that Robert or his mother Jennifer might have seen someone on the night of 3rd of May in the area of the Ocean Club. He was prepared to pay to the best technicians to draw a photofit of a possible suspect. Saying one thing and then saying another he ended to say that Kate and Gerry believe that he is innocent and they never came publicly to accuse him but he insisted that Murat might remember some important detail to help them find Madeleine.

The JN knows that Murat did not accept the help of the multimillionaire. On the contrary he was upset with the questions that were made and with the insistence of the multimillionaire that wanted him to remember the night of the disappearance, when Murat always said that he spent the night in his mother's house, Jennifer, in Praia da Luz.

The meeting - a dinner that Brian Kennedy asked to be discreet and far away from the eyes of the press - took place in the end of last year at a house of Murat's relatives in Burgau (Vila do Bispo). At the dinner were present Murat and Kennedy, the respective lawyers, Jennifer Murat and the aunt and uncle of Murat.

After dinner was Brian Kennedy that finished the conversation. He could not explain why three friends of the couple, belonging to the group "Tapas 7" came publicly saying that they saw Robert Murat in the area of the Ocean Club in the night of 3 of May and he (Kennedy) ended to enter in contradiction.

Francisco Pagarete does not confirm this meeting but the JN knows that the PJ is aware and that they monitored the steps of Kennedy and the detectives of Método 3 very closely. According to the lawyer one year after the disappearance of Maddie, Murat "still does not understand how his name was involved in the case". "Everything is very strange" says the lawyer regretting that " a person was involved in this story without having nothing to do with it".

Back to top Go down

Murat - What are your thoughts on him ? Empty and yet another witness

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:44 pm

http://www.spanishsunnewspaper.com/home

Don't You Forget
By Robert Argiz

THE world news section of the Daily Mail published a report dated 27/02/08 about an interview by the Portuguese newspaper Journal do Algarve with Antonio Castela, a taxi driver who gave information that could be crucial in the search for Madeleine Mc Cann if it is investigated properly.

Talking to the Daily Mail, speaking with total confidence Mr. Castela told the Journalist interviewing him that he picked up three men --including one who looked like Robert Murat-- a blond woman and a little girl whom he thought was her daughter. Mr. Castela told the Journal do Algarve that he dropped off Madeleine Mc Cann and her mysterious companions at a hotel parking lot, and watched all five of them drive off in a vehicle with UK-type of yellow plates. He assured the interviewer he was "100 per cent sure" one of the passengers was Madeleine Mc Cann, who was wearing pink pyjamas and sat on one of the man's lap during the trip. Mr. Castela also said that he informed the Portuguese police but was ignored. "I am sure without any doubts I saw Madeleine," he told the Journalist interviewing him.

The blog located at http://madeleine-mccann-blog.blogspot.com features a writing that mentions about a tip provided to the Portuguese police, by a witness who also saw Madeleine Mc Cann accompanied by two men at a road service station off a highway leading to Spain, on May 5, 2007. The Portuguese police also ignored this information. The witness said the men and Madeleine were travelling in a car with yellow UK-type of licence plates, That she was shoved quickly into the car and took off at high speed, when the men noticed the witness was observing them with suspicion.

There is an evident coincidence between these two instances that could produce an important lead in the search for Madeleine, so let's all hope the Portuguese police don't fail again by ignoring the information, while concentrating on accusing Gerry and Kate Mc Cann of killing their daughter, as they have done before.

Back to top Go down

Murat - What are your thoughts on him ? Empty Suspect in hunt for missing girl 'wanted hire car immediately' WHY?

Post by christabel Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:55 am

Why was this never investigated properly, he did not use this car to help the McCanns

Suspect in hunt for missing girl 'wanted hire car immediately'

Police investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann in Portugal have been told how their prime suspect, the Briton Robert Murat, was impatient to rent a car two days before he was first questioned by police, because he claimed his own was needed by those involved in the search for the four-year-old.

Staff at the Auto Rent III dealership say they asked Mr Murat to wait until after lunch last Saturday - Madeleine's fourth birthday. But he said he needed the vehicle immediately.

Though Mr Murat did not seek to leave the area, his suggestion that the vehicle was needed for the hunt - which was being scaled down that day - is a further demonstration of his bizarre interest in the case which led journalists to report him to police in the first place.

Since Mr Murat has said he knew he was being tailed by police on the Saturday in question, officers will also be investigating whether he might have been trying to evade them.
Maria Rocco, the member of staff who received Mr Murat's call at the dealership, opposite the church where Madeleine's parents have been praying regularly, called police to report Mr Murat's request after hearing of his arrest. Mrs Rocco recalled: "He said: 'I need a car for myself because the English people who are looking for the little girl need to borrow my car.' You could tell from his voice that he needed it in a hurry. I was puzzled. Why would he need to lend his car to somebody else [in the search]?"

The revelation came after police questioned Mr Murat's mother, Jennifer, about her son's suspected involvement in the abduction. Police are understood to have arrived at Mrs Murat's [pound]600,000 villa, Casa Liliana, to interview her about her role as her son's alibi, from 8pm on the night of the abduction.

Mrs Rocco's evidence is supported by the form Mr Murat signed when he collected the Hyundai at 5.16pm that day, providing his address in Hockering, Norfolk, rather than the Algarve. If any car were needed, Mr Murat's mother's green VW van, seen in the area that weekend, seems to have been available.

Police are also focusing their inquiries on telephone calls between Mr Murat and a Russian computer scientist, Sergey Malinka. One of these was reportedly made by Mr Malinka a few minutes after 10pm on 3 May - the time when Madeleine's parents discovered she was missing from her room at a Mark Warner resort in the west Algarve resort .

The Russian left his flat in Praia da Luz on Wednesday night with police who had removed a laptop and two computer hard drives. Mr Malinka declined to discuss his phone calls with Mr Murat yesterday, but insisted that videos seized from his house had no paedophile content. He confirmed his name and number were in Mr Murat's phone.

"I am not a suspect in this case," said Mr Malinka. "I am merely a witness questioned like eight or nine others. Everything that has been said about me is lies ... There have been claims in the press that I am some kind of sexual maniac or paedophile. It is nonsense. My career is destroyed and my life is ruined."

Mr Malinka remains one of the investigation's 100 witnesses, rather than a suspect like Mr Murat, but the spokesman for the inquiry, Chief Inspector Oligario Sousa, did not rule out that situation changing. "[He is] not a suspect but it could be in the course of the investigation that something could change," he said. "It's a very dynamic investigation."

Mr Malinka, who moved to Portugal from Moscow seven years ago, says he spent several weeks helping Mr Murat and his German girlfriend, Michaela Walczuch, set up a property website a year ago.

Murat - What are your thoughts on him ? Murat20rent20a20car
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:18 am

Very interesting Chris. Why on earth would he give an address in the UK. :?: :?: :?: none of this adds up. I wonder just how many miles that car done during the period of hire! Anyone know whether forensics were done on this vehicle ?
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Murat - What are your thoughts on him ? Empty Christabel's post had this little gem in it.

Post by dianeh Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:38 am

Mr Malinka, who moved to Portugal from Moscow seven years ago, says he spent several weeks helping Mr Murat and his German girlfriend, Michaela Walczuch, set up a property website a year ago.

This is an old article I take it, written in May or June last year. That means that the website (Romigen) was set up a year before that. Now there are questions as to whether it actually sold any real estate at all. Apparently around the time of Madeleine's disappearance it had no property for sale on it. Not too good, if been in operation after a year. Add this to Sian's posts yesterday, and we do indeed have something worthy of investigating. If the site was such a disaster, how could RM say it was still his business, and if so, why would he have been talking to Malinka about it. Seems a bit silly to keep working on a website that doesnt do any business.

Just throwing it out there for your consideration.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Murat - What are your thoughts on him ? Empty hi dianne

Post by Guest Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:33 am

ill post you the link in a sec warning half has been deleted.can you add this thread to romigen?

Back to top Go down

Post by kateno.51 Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:22 pm

kateno.51 wrote:Hi Tinkerbell.

Murat is just one of the ones as you say has gone out of the radar. I don't have the time tonight but a few come to mind like the couple who tried to cash in on Madeleine. They were tried in Spain and Portugal knew nothing of it. I would like to know more regarding those two. He had threatened a judge i'm not sure if it was in France or Spain. Toscano is another one who went out of the radar he's the one who said at the beginning the frenchman was connected. The frenchman said he'd never been to Portugal for so many years but he had been in Portugal when his film had it's opening night in Lisbon. So he is lying. :twisted: Strange how some suspects just fade into the background. Convenient or what? :evil: :evil:

And also. What was the REAL story behind Malinka's car being blown up and the word SPEAK that was written on the ground?

kateno.51
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:58 pm

hi kate fantastic

glad to see your doing your home work the french man BERNARD APPLIQUE,also connects to lisbon.

ANTONIO, CARLOS WONDER just how far to look into.

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:25 am

Right, first of all I don't think Murat had anything to do with Madeleine's disapearance. BUT, he is definatly a well dodgy geezer! He changed his alabi for that night three times. Firsty he was at a bar. When no one remembered seeing him there, it was "Oh, I was with my girlfriend" Whoops, no he wasn't, she was in church that night. (Which she wasn't!) "Ah, I remember, I was round mother's all night!" Yeah, right! No, he was hanging around, but I think he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. My guess is he's into smuggling of some sort, (Praya de Luz is a port, after all) and he desperatly needed to deflect attention away from himself. None-the-less, the PJ cocked up big time by not investigating him more thouroughly at the time.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Murat - What are your thoughts on him ? Empty In My Opinion

Post by Rosie Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:17 am

Robert Murat has made himself look suspect, by having so many different alibis for that night. How can the PJ believe anything he says, having given them three different alibis?

If the PJ did do this reconstruction, where would they place Robert Murat? At home with his mother? In the bar with Tuck Price? With his girlfriend? Or outside apartment 5a where approx 12/15 individual eye witnesses have said they saw him?

I do not know if he is involved or not, but someone in Praia da Luz knows more than they are letting on 5 or 6 people to be exact and that is not counting those in authority and you can make of that what you will and for those that doubt, I would only to ask them to look up Casa Pia.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next