Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leicester Mercury - McCanns meet Home Secretary.

+2
dianeh
Tinkerbell43
6 posters

Go down

Leicester Mercury - McCanns meet Home Secretary. Empty Leicester Mercury - McCanns meet Home Secretary.

Post by Tinkerbell43 Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:08 am

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/news/McCanns-meet-Home-Secretary-talks-missing-Madeleine/article-1891783-detail/article.html

McCanns meet Home Secretary to discuss missing daughter Madeleine

Monday, March 08, 2010, 09:30

Kate and Gerry McCann have met Home Secretary Alan Johnson to discuss the search for their missing daughter Madeleine.
The meeting has led to speculation that the entire Madeleine McCann case will be reviewed and police will be asked to look again at all the evidence.
A spokesman for the Home Office said the couple, from Rothley, had a private meeting with Mr Johnson.
It comes two weeks after Mr and Mrs McCann called on the Home Office to help improve co-operation between Portuguese and UK authorities.
At a press conference held on February 19, they said they felt let down by international protocols which meant that Leicestershire police had to pass any leads to their Portuguese counterparts – who have closed the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance. As a result, they said tip-offs and leads were ignored.
A Home Office spokesman told the Leicester Mercury yesterday: "We can confirm that the Home Secretary had a private meeting with Kate and Gerry McCann.

"Leicestershire police stand ready to co-ordinate and complete inquiries if further information comes to light in the UK, or if requested to do so by the Portuguese authorities, who continue to lead on the overall investigation."

At the press conference, Mr McCann spoke about his desire for a review of the case.
He said: "We want the authorities to work together. It is an international case, and always has been. I think people are reluctant to undertake a review because there's been difficult, sensitive issues.
"But Madeleine's rights should be put first. She's missing, she's innocent and whoever's taken her is still out there, and that has to be of paramount importance."
Madeleine was three when she disappeared from the family's holiday flat in Praia da Luz, Portugal, on May 3, 2007.
Her parents have employed private detectives to help find her.
On Saturday, Mr and Mrs McCann hit out at the release by Portuguese police to British newspapers of previously unseen files on her disappearance.
The 2,000-page dossier detailed dozens of possible sightings of Madeleine, from CCTV footage of a girl resembling her in New Zealand to a report of a small blonde girl being dragged along the road to Faro airport in the Algarve - an hour's drive from Praia da Luz - on the night Madeleine vanished.
A statement released by Kate and Gerry McCann said: "Disclosing such information publicly greatly jeopardises the search for Madeleine and puts witnesses and innocent members of the general public at risk (as well as causing them great anxiety).
"Release and publication of information in this manner also potentially compromises future investigations. It is difficult to see how anyone benefits from this week's actions."

They really are not listening are they! The Portuguese authorities are not leading, they are marking credible leads and information as irrelevant and the person making this decision believes Madeleine is dead! Jeez how many more times has it got to be spelt out to them!
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Leicester Mercury - McCanns meet Home Secretary. Empty Re: Leicester Mercury - McCanns meet Home Secretary.

Post by dianeh Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:41 pm

"Leicestershire police stand ready to co-ordinate and complete inquiries if further information comes to light in the UK, or if requested to do so by the Portuguese authorities, who continue to lead on the overall investigation."

How can the Leic police make such a ridiculous statement.
The Portuguese are not leading the investigation, there is NO INVESTIGATION.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Leicester Mercury - McCanns meet Home Secretary. Empty Re: Leicester Mercury - McCanns meet Home Secretary.

Post by Pedro Silva Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:59 pm

Leicester police, open your eyes: there is no investigation from PJ. Do you think if there was a proper investigation, such dossier which was found by Mrs. Isabel Duarte, had not being labelled "not relevant", and would certainly not kept hidden? Even I or any can person, why can´t you? So, what is really needed, immediately is: Scotland Yard in Praia da Luz, with the PI´s assistance, to help find this little girl, who needs to be returned to her home. And don´t get excuses about the stupid protocol, because the protocol for me is a lot of crap.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:39 pm

dianeh wrote:

How can the Leic police make such a ridiculous statement.
The Portuguese are not leading the investigation, there is NO INVESTIGATION.

GGGRRRR Leicester Mercury - McCanns meet Home Secretary. 356737 Leicester Mercury - McCanns meet Home Secretary. 356737 I specifically stated in my letters and emails...."Do not reply saying that this is a Portuguese Investigation"..........because this is a MISSING BRITISH CHILD many of us are concerned about.................No one has answered me yet............
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:40 pm

Pedro Silva wrote:Leicester police, open your eyes: there is no investigation from PJ. Do you think if there was a proper investigation, such dossier which was found by Mrs. Isabel Duarte, had not being labelled "not relevant", and would certainly not kept hidden? Even I or any can person, why can´t you? So, what is really needed, immediately is: Scotland Yard in Praia da Luz, with the PI´s assistance, to help find this little girl, who needs to be returned to her home. And don´t get excuses about the stupid protocol, because the protocol for me is a lot of crap.
Leicester Mercury - McCanns meet Home Secretary. 985497
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:54 pm

They really are not listening are they! The Portuguese authorities are not leading, they are marking credible leads and information as irrelevant and the person making this decision believes Madeleine is dead! Jeez how many more times has it got to be spelt out to them!

Tinks I absolutely agree,when I first read that stupid idiotic statement from the LP I wanted to pick up the phone and scream at them FFS how many more times do those stupid neanderthals of the Leicestershire police have to be told;

THERE IS NO ******* INVESTIGATION! FOR GOD SAKE WAKE UP AND STOP BEHAVING LIKE ******* IDIOTS!

Have they not heard of the 2000 page file of information marked NOT ******* Relevant? That includes information sent in by the LP too!

Jeez is this what I pay my taxes for? To employ ******* dolts?

Right we now MUST all write to the chief constable of the LP whose name, address and photo appears on here, I believe he is acting chief, or maybe now they will may have sorted that out.We DEMAND he acts NOW.

This is too bloody ridiculous for words, honest to God it is, I am livid. Leicester Mercury - McCanns meet Home Secretary. 356737 Leicester Mercury - McCanns meet Home Secretary. 356737 Leicester Mercury - McCanns meet Home Secretary. 356737
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:33 am

I was seething when I wrote the above post and I still am, what are the LP on? How many times do they have to be told there is NO investigation the pudding headed thickos!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:59 am

Oh have received one reply today from my MP....Not sure there is much point engaging with him though as I think he is stepping down soon........

Dear Mrs....

Thank you for your letter.

I don't think that Madeleine McCann has been forgotten fo one moment. I am sure you will recall that UK Police at a very senior level have assisted the Portuguese Police in these enquiries. Yours....
CAN SOMEONE REMIND ME WHO THE SENIOR LEVEL UK POLICE WERE???????
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by May Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:00 am

OK Mr MP man.........who is looking now? Geez
May
May
Master
Master

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down