Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amaral's Appeal Hearing Gets Under way!

+19
Sabot
lily
lizzi
maria theresa
kazcut
dianeh
calcite51
Cath
christabel
bluj1515
vee8
clairesy
blondie
rosemary
Tinkerbell43
Catkins
Pedro Silva
May
Rosie
23 posters

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

Amaral's Appeal Hearing Gets Under way! - Page 14 Empty Re: Amaral's Appeal Hearing Gets Under way!

Post by Rosie Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:42 am

Tinks here is the link to Gerry's press conference

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Gerry-McCann-Hits-Out-At-Book-Claiming-Madeleine-Is-Dead/Article/201001215520802?lpos=UK_News_Top_Stories_Header_2&lid=ARTICLE_15520802_Gerry_McCann_Hits_Out_At_Book_Claiming_Madeleine_Is_Dead
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Amaral's Appeal Hearing Gets Under way! - Page 14 Empty Re: Amaral's Appeal Hearing Gets Under way!

Post by rosemary Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:44 am

rosemary wrote:
May wrote:I hope it does Catkins, he is not an impartial witness as he has a vested interest imo.

Yours is not simply an opinion May. This witness DOES have a very big vested interest in the outcome of this case. HOW CAN HE BE CALLED AS A WITNESS???? BLUEJ OR ANYONE???

AGREED ROSIE. How can he be called? Portugese law allows this?????

rosemary
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by May Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:56 am

Rosie, I found this link while on the net and reported it here:

http://brennybaby.blogspot.com/2008/01/francisco-moita-flores-writes-madeleine.html

May
May
Master
Master

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:09 am

Amaral's Appeal Hearing Gets Under way! - Page 14 Twitterjondipaolo:
He also rejected the testimony yesterday that Kate had had a dream about Madeleine lying buried somewhere, saying "that never happened"..
Wednesday January 13, 2010

Now theres a surprise.
So somebody's lying under oath. What a load of lying bas***ds (apologies), every last one of them.
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by lily Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:21 am

I reckon they had to say that christabel to cover themselves. They would have read all the newspaper reports in the UK and that one was broadly exposed. I think it was their attempt at damage control. Says a lot really.

lily
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-12-31

Back to top Go down

Amaral's Appeal Hearing Gets Under way! - Page 14 Empty Transcript from Gerry's Press Conference

Post by Rosie Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:56 am

There is part if this missing I could only get the shortened version of the interview, the aggressive Portuguese journalist who kept asking really daft questions has been snipped by Sky.

It was hard doing this and it took me ages hope you can understand it, but thought it would be good to get this for future reference.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Gerry-McCann-Hits-Out-At-Book-Claiming-Madeleine-Is-Dead/Article/201001215520802?lpos=UK_News_Top_Stories_Header_2&lid=ARTICLE_15520802_Gerry_McCann_Hits_Out_At_Book_Claiming_Madeleine_Is_Dead
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Obviously you all know over the last 2 days and the trial will continue tomorrow is really about the book and the DVD they feel it relates to the book and the ongoing search for Madeleine, he hopes everyone remembers that it is the book on trial and not him and Kate.

Right from day 1 and Madeleine was taken (when Gerry talks about Madeleine being taken his voice starts to shake very slightly with emotion) Kate and he fully understood and knew they would need to be investigated and considers that as a matter of course. and he reminded that they spent a whole day at the police station on May 4th and subsequently spent a lot of time there, they did not disappear, they stayed in Portugal right up during this period right up until September in an effort to aid the investigation.

We also understood that every thesis would need to be considered and they felt strongly that they had been eliminated from the investigation. For those of you who have followed this case when things turned sour for us in August of 2007 we didn't disappear, we stayed, we waited until we had our arguido interviews even though that we did wish to return home because we felt that this was the right thing to do we did wish for a reconstruction to be done, very early on as would be be the norm, it certainly would in the UK and we were prepared to come back and participate in the reconstruction, in fact we would have been obliged to as arguidos to participate and it was NOT our decision not to come back and do it, although I have to say that I do not think it would have helped in the search for Madeleine. Over the last two days I think you will have heard a lot about Mr Amarals thesis that Madeleine is dead and I hope you will have also heard that there is absolutely no evidence to support that thesis. A thesis without evidence is meaningless and that is what we are challenging, we strongly believe and in fact as a direct result of the searches which were actually directed at finding a missing body in and around PDL and the surrounding terrain the fact that this thesis which has tried to be proved quite firmly (His voice quivers here he almost breaks down but he manages to control it) has NOT found any harm to Madeleine and is in many ways reassuring and gives us more evidence that Madeleine is still alive and hope that everyone understands that and realises that there is a little girl lost and needs to be found, and we will keep going until Madeleine is found and also until whoever has taken her is brought to justice. And in response to the question early on that is why we carry on. He also said that they have other children who miss Madeleine dearly and we will be able to look them in the eye and say we have done everything to help that search. Talks about having to return to UK for work commitments he cannot get out of.

Takes questions.

Is asked:...how emotionally draining the last few days does it give the media and the PJ opportunity to "reask" some old theories?

I think what is important is that things have been debated in a rational way in a court of law and that is where it should happen and that is where evidence is judged within a legal framework. From our point of view what has happened in the last 2 days is in many ways I suppose is to be expected, these are Goncalo Amaral's witnesses and I think it is particularly disappointing that certain police officers within Portimao, who possibly considered us as involved with Madeleine's disappearance, have not been able to change their minds, despite a lack of evidence and it is these officers that we are dependant on in pursuing the investigation within Portugal."
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:58 am

5:41

That's the last update from court for today. Back tomorrow morning.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:02 am

Rosie I think the aggressive Portuguese Journalist was Sandra Felguires (spelling?) It certainly sounded like her, she does like to interrupt too! All she seemed interested in was playing Gerry off against the PJ.
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:16 am

christabel wrote:
He also rejected the testimony yesterday that Kate had had a dream about Madeleine lying buried somewhere, saying "that never happened"..

Wednesday January 13, 2010

Now theres a surprise.
So somebody's lying under oath. What a load of lying bas***ds (apologies), every last one of them.

Exactly Chris, this is what I wrote somewhere too (don't ask me where though lol)

It was Ricardo Paiva that lied under oath. Did he think the McCanns would not make that clear?

Why do these people keep telling so many lies? Do they think that lying strengthens their case?

They have all got away with telling so many lies for so long that they now think they can get away with anything, they think wrong though.

It is obvious the McCanns are no longer prepared to let Amaral and his "friends" get away with their lies, so they had better expect to get challenged!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:19 am

Tinkerbell43 wrote:Rosie I think the aggressive Portuguese Journalist was Sandra Felguires (spelling?) It certainly sounded like her, she does like to interrupt too! All she seemed interested in was playing Gerry off against the PJ.

That's the impression I got too! I really wanted to get that bit on because Gerry handled her spectacularly well!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:29 am

Rosiepops wrote:
Tinkerbell43 wrote:Rosie I think the aggressive Portuguese Journalist was Sandra Felguires (spelling?) It certainly sounded like her, she does like to interrupt too! All she seemed interested in was playing Gerry off against the PJ.

That's the impression I got too! I really wanted to get that bit on because Gerry handled her spectacularly well!

Oh well no matter, another lot today came across as Bidiots Amaral's Appeal Hearing Gets Under way! - Page 14 245193 . Sorry, Couldn't resist Rosie pmsl.
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:41 am

christabel wrote:
Rosiepops wrote:

Oh well no matter, another lot today came across as Bidiots Amaral's Appeal Hearing Gets Under way! - Page 14 245193 . Sorry, Couldn't resist Rosie pmsl.

"Bubbish"! Amaral's Appeal Hearing Gets Under way! - Page 14 545833 Amaral's Appeal Hearing Gets Under way! - Page 14 545833 Amaral's Appeal Hearing Gets Under way! - Page 14 545833
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:41 am

He said that Kate was alone and crying when she phoned him about the dream.

Kate was never alone, especially when Gerry was away. There was always someone with her.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by May Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:45 am

Hats off to Maria/Rosie/Christabel..........you are doing stirling work, which is much appreciated.Amaral's Appeal Hearing Gets Under way! - Page 14 985497
May
May
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:50 am

Sabot wrote:He said that Kate was alone and crying when she phoned him about the dream.

Kate was never alone, especially when Gerry was away. There was always someone with her.

That can soon be confirmed Sabot. Kate can get her own phone records, not very bright are they?
I'm surprised they don't have proof of the call, they reckon they have text messages. You couldn't make it up could you?
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:52 am

May wrote:Hats off to Maria/Rosie/Christabel..........you are doing stirling work, which is much appreciated.Amaral's Appeal Hearing Gets Under way! - Page 14 985497

Thank you May, but its all a team effort, and you know you are all worth it Amaral's Appeal Hearing Gets Under way! - Page 14 30345
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:05 am

Taken me ages to catch up, but someone has to bring home the bacon! Great work everyone, and especially Rosie and admin for taking the trouble to update us all with what has been going on. So, bottom line, two days, and no evidence. In fact, it all seems to have gone horribly wrong for gonzo, and that is without the mcCann's witnesses yet! So far, so good!
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:19 am

Congrats to the team here.

Anybody got any explanation as to why Amaral flounced?

There is nothing from Morais....very silent there about todays proceedings.

It is beginning to look as if Amaral has no defence.

blondie
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2010-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by May Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:29 am

Hi blondie

I believe Joana was refused entry as she wasn't a journo.
May
May
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:30 am

It was quite a bit of reading to catch up today.

Can I please make a suggestion, that tomorrow has a new thread?

Still no proof from Amaral. And it does appear that what he wrote is merely a theory that he has promoted as the truth, which is the thrust of the injunction to prevent the book being sold.

I think this is also gives an indication of how pathetic his defense will be in the libel trial itself.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:35 am

dianeh wrote:It was quite a bit of reading to catch up today.

Can I please make a suggestion, that tomorrow has a new thread?

Still no proof from Amaral. And it does appear that what he wrote is merely a theory that he has promoted as the truth, which is the thrust of the injunction to prevent the book being sold.

I think this is also gives an indication of how pathetic his defense will be in the libel trial itself.

Diane it will all be tidied up after the trial finishes. So bear with us and it will have its own thread, there's too much to move just now as we are very busy in admin. Amaral's Appeal Hearing Gets Under way! - Page 14 333931
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:40 am

Chris, you misunderstand me. I just think that when you start reporting tomorrow, it should be with a fresh topic (trial day 3 or something like that), that all, not that the current one needs to be tidied up, it is just long at 24 pages.

I know that later on you will re-organise and tidy up, I didnt mean that at all. Sorry for being obtuse.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaceful1 Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:59 am

Phew, us lot down under should stop sleeping while this trial is ongoing! I know what you mean Diane, its taken me about an hour just reading this thread but it was worth it. The Admin team are doing a great job, so whats a hour of my time?
I wouldnt be too worried about amarals lot taking the stand first. Any good lawyer would know this is the best way. While they are busy making holes for themselves, the McCanns lawyer will be busy noting each and very one of them! LOL They cant backtrack from what they have said..ha ha..
amaral looks thinner too on that photo?? stress?
That other guy Flores?? How can he be witness if 1) he wasnt involved with Madeleines case and 2) If he plans to make a TV series (and profit) from the outcome??
I hope the McCanns lawyer gets to hear this if she doesnt already know!! Keep up the brilliant work, you're a star team!!
Peaceful1
Peaceful1
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:46 am

He's a lying barsteward isn't he?

The latest courtroom accusations came as Mr Amaral was forced to deny claims he had launched a foul-mouthed attack on the McCanns.
The 50-year-old was caught on camera as he was asked if his book had hurt the couple, and appeared to snarl: 'No, **** the McCanns.'
His outburst was shown by the BBC's regional news programme in the East Midlands, which bleeped out the offending word.
A source said producers were convinced he had sworn, but lawyers for the detective denied he had spoken in English.
His lawyer Antonio Cabrita said: 'I have never heard him use that kind of language.' Asked if he had made the comment, Mr Amaral, 50, replied: 'Never.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1242736/Anyone-children-Angry-Gerry-McCann-dismisses-claims-Madeleine-dead-libel-case-continues.html

I think we should ask the judge to listen to the recording Amaral's Appeal Hearing Gets Under way! - Page 14 526250 Amaral's Appeal Hearing Gets Under way! - Page 14 449483 Amaral's Appeal Hearing Gets Under way! - Page 14 750135
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:53 am

Read The Star. Sheesh.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next