Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCanns To Wait For Court Fight With Ex-Cop

+4
Rosie
maria
Tinkerbell43
christabel
8 posters

Go down

McCanns To Wait For Court Fight With Ex-Cop Empty McCanns To Wait For Court Fight With Ex-Cop

Post by christabel Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:02 pm

McCanns To Wait For Court Fight With Ex-Cop
11:28am UK, Friday December 11, 2009
Martin Brunt, crime correspondent, Portugal

Gerry and Kate McCann's court battle with an ex-police chief who believes their missing daughter Madeleine is dead has been put on hold.

The couple were due to ask a Portuguese judge for a permanent ban on sales of a book by Goncalo Amaral in which he challenges their version of Madeleine's disappearance.
But the court hearing in Lisbon has been postponed for one month because Mr Amaral's lawyer has swine flu.

Earlier, Mr McCann, 41, told Sky News: "We're here to make sure that freedom of speech doesn't allow the truth to be distorted.

"We believe the book has damaged the search for Madeleine.
"If people read it and believe she is dead then they will not keep looking for her and may not come forward with information they may have." How Madeleine might look now

The couple are expected to ask the judge for around a million pounds in damages which they will use to pay for their own continuing hunt for their daughter.
Madeleine was nearly four when she vanished without trace from the family's rented holiday apartment in Praia da Luz on the Algarve coast in May, 2007. She had been left with her twin siblings in bed while her parents dined nearby with friends.

The McCanns are sure she was abducted and believe she is still alive. Mr Amaral was a senior officer in the investigation but was removed from it before it was abandoned after 15 months.

Madeleine vanished in 2007 In his book, The Truth Of The Lie,Mr Amaral asserts that Madeleine died in the apartment and her death was covered up. The McCanns won a temporary injunction in September when thousands of unsold copies of the book were handed over to their lawyers.

Mr Amaral will fight their action, claiming he has the right of freedom of speech. He is also planning to launch a second book in which he will claim he has been gagged by the McCanns.
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

McCanns To Wait For Court Fight With Ex-Cop Empty Re: McCanns To Wait For Court Fight With Ex-Cop

Post by christabel Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:10 pm

I hope someone is checking if this is true about Gonc's lawyer. I don't believe it myself.

At least Gonc won't get it, pigs can't catch swine flu. I have a feeling this has been postponed for other reasons.
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

McCanns To Wait For Court Fight With Ex-Cop Empty Re: McCanns To Wait For Court Fight With Ex-Cop

Post by Tinkerbell43 Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:04 am

Well why doesn't this surprise me!

I'd usually say you couldn't script it, but in Amarals case you could. I knew todays hearing wouldn't go ahead, I just didn't know what pathetic excuse they would pull.

Well you can delay all you like fat boy, it will not change the outcome - tick tock!
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:22 am

Cath

You'r wrong, pigs DO catch swine flu and even pass it to humans. That's why it is called swine flu!

Well, I don't know if Cabrita caught it or not, but the thing is that that was the only way that they could postpone the court case, wasn't it? A simple cold or headache wouldn't do the trick, and Amaral GOT ALL THE FOREIGN MEDIA THERE TO LAUNCH HIS SECOND LIBEL BOOK
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:39 am

I just said this on the other thread, I do not believe that Cabrita has swine flu and so what anyway? Why couldn't someone else take over the case? Why couldn't Amaral do it for himself?

Personally I think they are liars, and they have done this on purpose to use Madeleine to launch his book. When are the Portuguese authorities going to wake up and see what this pimp Amaral is doing?

Amaral is a pimp and he is living off of immoral earnings, he is pimping off of the name of an abducted child.

Why don't they arrest Amaral and ask him where Madeleine McCann is? I believe he knows, and he knows who took her.

He can delay it all he likes, hopefully, the McCanns will ask their lawyers to look at this new book and that will get injuncted too!

That book is a racist, xenophobic book and it should be banned and it is factually incorrect, his own country gagged the fat pig NOT England!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:27 am

Somehow, I find that excuse of Cabrita about being ill with swine flu, very suspicious. I agree with you Rosiepops.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:15 am

Isn't it true that it's not even Cabrita with the swine flu, it's his secretary, so the whole office is quarantined?

I think this was planned to ensure the book launch would go forward tonight. Duarte would have asked at the hearing today for the second book to be placed under injunction also.
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:56 am

I think that the McCanns should seek an immediate and separate injunction against the second book, if their name is in the book, to allow the book to be examined for breach of copyright and defamation. In other words, Amaral cannot use the ideas or words from the first book without approval, which he does not have.

Put the pressure back on him. He thinks that he has a win over the release of this new book, but in reality he is still just digging a bigger hole for himself.

And let me say this. When a lawyer has to resort to delaying tactics instead of fighting the case, it usually means that they have no defence, and are on the road to a flogging (that is a huge loss for those non english speakers).
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:14 am

I just think that Goncalo Amaral is making Portugal look even worse, do the judiciary there not realise what he is doing? Apparently Gerry McCann is very angry, this is unusual for him, hopefully they will talk with their lawyers and complain to the court about this.

I feel this was really unprofessional, to allow the McCanns to travel all the way from the UK, they knew they were going to do this, how dare the judge allow him to get away with this? If it is true Cabrita's secretary has swine flu and it is not even Cabrita, then there was absolutely no reason for this court case not to go ahead.

However, I think as usual Amaral has shot himself in the foot. This is obviously a ruse to once again use Madeleine to make money, not only is he using her, he has now used the world's media.

Today Amaral demonstrated to his own people, that not only is he a convicted criminal, corrupt torturer and liar, he has shown that he is a coward running away from a court case he cannot win and there is no lengths he will not stoop to to make money out of Madeleine.

I think he will find that today, he went too far!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:20 am

Rosie, this is just a delay, it doesnt change anything, except now there is a second book been launched that can be included in the next court appearance.

Delays like this are a sure sign that Amaral has nothing to defend himself with, because if he did, then he would want to go to court and fight, not delay it.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:29 am

Goncalo Amaral used Madeleine Diane, he used that little girl some more, the dirty low life scumbag coward!

He has made me even more determined to have something done about him.

When it comes out that he knew who took Madeleine, there will be no hiding place for him, not anywhere in this world!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:14 pm

Sorry Chris, that post was really addressed to you.

Blu, you are right, it was his secretary who has been declared 'suspect' of swine flu. Measures dictate that the surrounding people remain in quarantine. Also, of the four (I think) witnesses that Amaral cited to speak for him, only one (or two?) turned up, may be they where warned in adavance...
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:08 pm

How can he defend his Book ?...............He CANNOT prove something THAT DID NOT HAPPEN !!...............MORON... McCanns To Wait For Court Fight With Ex-Cop 442460
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down