Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

December 11 2009

+7
Catkins
Cath
dianeh
Rosie
vee8
May
Pedro Silva
11 posters

Go down

December 11 2009 Empty December 11 2009

Post by Pedro Silva Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:04 pm

According to Visão magazine with this title:

Trial about injunction of Gonçalo Amaral´s book starts at December 11.

Lisbon, 05 December - The Civil Court of Lisbon starts December 11 the trial about the injuction of the forbidden sales of Amaral´s book.

At the sessions of 11, 14 and 16 December, at the 7th Circuit Civil Court of Lisbon, at the Justice Palace (Palácio da Justiça) the defense of Amaral, former PJ inspector going to present his oppose about the McCann´s family argument that justified the trial process enacted, decreed at September 09.

The couple McCann, represented by their lawyer Isabel Duarte, claim that the book and video based on the work of Amaral discloses the thesis that they consider unsustainable, of parental involvement in their daughter´s disapearance.

Also other Portuguese newspapers talks about this trial:

Correio da Manhã, Expresso, Jornal de Notícias.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

December 11 2009 Empty Re: December 11 2009

Post by May Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:42 pm

Hi Pedro
I hope the Court upholds this decision.
May
May
Master
Master

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:03 am

Dec 11th, the first day of the rest of amaral's life!
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:57 am

Vee, remember what we were saying the other day, about how those in power have had enough of Goncalo Amaral? Well this judgement, is just a little further along that road.

This judgement definitely does not bode well for Amaral, not one little bit, people are now seeing straight through him.

I cannot believe that Joana Morais is taking pensioners money to give to a lying womanising spend thrift, convicted criminal. No wonder the powers that be in Portugal are looking on aghast at Amaral and Morais's antics.
Also thanks to Morais's little petition, they can clearly see that Amaral does not have much support either!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:30 am

I predict a public backlash against Amaral after he is found guilty of libel against the McCanns. And I have no doubt that he will be found guilty.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:01 am

His lawyer is denying he's libeled the McCanns in his book. But I haven't heard him talk about the documentary and the columns he wrote, nor the interviews he gave. And to be frankly honest, i think that's even more damning as the book.

Apart from the libel issue, he's been declaring Madeleine death without any evidence. Is that fair to her? Is that respecting her rights?

Must admit I'm curious who will be invited to testify for GA. His old mates, Christovão, Sargento, Tavares, ...

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:50 pm

Yes Cath probably the Usual Suspects.............
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:31 am

Cath, I am curious about that too, who will show their face, who will testify, will Sofia come, what will she wear, what Amaral will say when a camera is shoved in his face and the reporter says the McCanns were in court today, where were you; I wish it was on tv.

We've picked out evidence of libel from his book on PFA2, with that caveat so long as the translations were correct.

But I agree, Cath, the interviews and the mockumentary is more damning.
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:45 am

I see that Morais is crapping on about hostilty to the McCanns at the trial. It is worth pointing out that there will be no hostility from the judiciary, the only hostility can only come from the public, if anybody other than the press bothers to turn up.

2 points worth making.

1. Any hostility against the McCanns lends weight to their claims of damages caused by the defamation. It is evidence of damages, and goes along way to proving their case. The judge will not be swayed into making a judgement against the McCanns by any hostility from a small bunch of nutjobs. The judge will make a ruling based on law. BUT damages, now the nutjob's actions may have an effect on the awarding of damages. It proves that Amaral's defamation has influenced people to believe that Madeleine is dead, and that has affected the search for her.

2. Now, I fail to see how Amaral can possibly win this case, or even lose with minimal damages. I cant understand why he is going to court, as he cannot prove any of his defamation claims. If he could then the McCanns would be in gaol. He would be better off negotiating a settlement. Could he possibly believe he can win? And if he thinks he can win, then he must be seriously deluded.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:13 pm

I think he is deluded, Diane. And I also think he thinks that the PJ and the Portuguese people will stand behind him. But the PJ has got to be sick of him bashing them and running his mouth off and getting rich of his own mistakes, and the people are sick of him, too You cannot speak the way he has about the prosecutor, the court system, the judiciary without ticking off a whole lot of influential, wealthy people.
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:02 pm

The rally at the court's door organised by JM has not been authorized by the Civil Governor. Police protection has been requested for the McCanns, but not sure it will be granted.
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:11 pm

bluj1515 wrote:I think he is deluded, Diane. And I also think he thinks that the PJ and the Portuguese people will stand behind him. But the PJ has got to be sick of him bashing them and running his mouth off and getting rich of his own mistakes, and the people are sick of him, too You cannot speak the way he has about the prosecutor, the court system, the judiciary without ticking off a whole lot of influential, wealthy people.

I agree, a lot of people must be sick of that man and his behavior and attitude.
But it doesn't matter what he thinks or hopes or says. It's the Judge who will decide, according to their laws and the evidence. So it's up to the McCann lawyers to present their evidence and dismiss (refute?) anything GA's friends come up with.

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:08 am

maria wrote:The rally at the court's door organised by JM has not been authorized by the Civil Governor. Police protection has been requested for the McCanns, but not sure it will be granted.

A rally for a man who can't be bothered to show up to defend the injunction against him. I just heard on ITV News that "The English Gag" has new claims about the case and defends "Truth of the Lie". He has completely flouted the injunction.

Maria, by authorization by the Civil Governor, does that mean that they need a permit to protest or something like that?
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:27 am

The thing that always scares me with cases like this case is that when they reach court, there as been that much publicity and sooooooooo many rumours.Some folk have supported the family,some haven't.And i wonder if the case could ever have a fair trial,not for gonc but for the mccanns.
I just hope that those responsible for finding him guilty and banning his lies etc don't harbour the same sick twisted beliefs that he does.
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:14 am

bluj1515 wrote:
maria wrote:The rally at the court's door organised by JM has not been authorized by the Civil Governor. Police protection has been requested for the McCanns, but not sure it will be granted.

A rally for a man who can't be bothered to show up to defend the injunction against him. I just heard on ITV News that "The English Gag" has new claims about the case and defends "Truth of the Lie". He has completely flouted the injunction.

Maria, by authorization by the Civil Governor, does that mean that they need a permit to protest or something like that?

If this new book does contain this, then he has broken the terms of the injunction and this will not go unnoticed by the judge. I know this is a civil offence, but even so, Amaral could actually end up in jail for deliberately flouting the law, am I correct in thinking that this would be viewed as 'contempt of court'? If Amaral was held in contempt of court, this is an imprisonable offence, not only this, factor in that he is serving a suspended sentence, would this not bring that in to play? Could his suspended sentence be commuted to be served in prison?

Also, a crowd demonstrating hostilities towards the McCanns right there, right outside the court, the McCanns could use that as proof of what they are trying to point out, that damage has been done to their reputation, and has in fact harmed the search for their daughter.

I really think Joana morass is doing Goncalo Amaral more harm than good!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaceful1 Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:14 pm

You are right there Rosie:
Also, a crowd demonstrating hostilities towards the McCanns right there, right outside the court, the McCanns could use that as proof of what they are trying to point out, that damage has been done to their reputation, and has in fact harmed the search for their daughter.

But the idiots wont think of that, ha...no, they'll be wanting to score brownie points against each other as to who is the most 'anti' McCann member! One thing for sure, TB wont make a appearance, why have a dog and bark yourself?
Peaceful1
Peaceful1
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:41 am

Oh yes. Any gathering in a public place has to be authorized. It usually is, because there are no objectives of riots or anything like that. So, if this wasn't authorized...

And about the second book breaking the injunction, don't worry, it has been planned, the book will go straight to court for a second injunction, and autographed by Amaral himself!
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:11 am

Thanks Maria. Brilliant.
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:19 am

maria wrote:

Oh yes. Any gathering in a public place has to be authorized. It usually is, because there are no objectives of riots or anything like that. So, if this wasn't authorized...

And about the second book breaking the injunction, don't worry, it has been planned, the book will go straight to court for a second injunction, and autographed by Amaral himself!

December 11 2009 985497 Brilliant indeed!

It seems Isabel Duarte will bring a criminal complaint against Gonçalo Amaral for alleged "false statements" about his finances (cars, houses he owns) December 11 2009 555457

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down