Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting point on Katie Smiths blog.

4 posters

Go down

Interesting point on Katie Smiths blog. Empty Interesting point on Katie Smiths blog.

Post by vee8 Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:31 am

http://katiesmith.wordpress.com/2009/11/08/puzzled-of-essex/

Katie's words here.

As the Sun and the Sunday People allude to possible financial discrepancies surrounding the malefic Madeleine ‘Foundation’, the main players in this bizarre drama are accusing one another of various acts of fraud and betrayal that make Bernard Madoff look like a saint.

A comment here reminded me of an aspect of leaflet-gate that has always puzzled and worried me: The ISBN number of Bennett’s 60 Reasons gives us the following details:

Bibliographic details for this title:
ISBN: 095079547X
ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780950795478
Binding: Paperback
Publisher: Parents Aid
Date of Publication: 31/10/2008
Pages: 80

Note the publisher’s name – Parents’ Aid.

Who are Parents’ Aid?

‘Parents’ Aid is a voluntary organisation and registered charity (no. 1018739), founded in November 1989, which exists to support families who are receiving or who may require assistance from the Social Services Department, or who through any conjunction of circumstances may be at risk of social exclusion.’

Notice that Parents’ Aid are a REGISTERED CHARITY.

Why on earth is a registered charity based in Essex publishing a leaflet that attacks the parent’s of a missing child? Surely charities have legal obligations and rules that would prevent such a practice? If anyone can explain it to me I would be really grateful. Especially since Bennett’s former best buddy ‘Stevo’ has stated;

Apparently Tony’s friend was the printer of the books. That alone was hardly an arm’s length transaction was it? You can’t run non-profits like this. You have to be seen to always do the right thing. By doing things like Tony did, he has left himself wide open to increased scrutiny – all unnecessary so. And given his history of ethics violations with the Solicitor’s Regulatory Body, why on earth is he sending out blank cheques “just in case” In case of what?’

It’s a puzzle indeed. An Essex based registered charity acting as the publisher of Bennett’s leaflet and his friend the printer giving him a special price no doubt. I wonder if the Charity Commission are aware that one of their charities have branched out into the world of publishing fiction?

Tony, of the hounding blog, is alluding to the same.

http://thehoundingofthemccans.blogspot.com/2009/11/parents-aidlogohelping-to-keep-families.html

Keeping Families Together?
Oh Really?

Then what the hell were they thinking when they Published the above trash written by a man who was doing his damnedest to rip a family asunder? A Registered Charity? More Like Registered Hypocrites.
Below Are The Details Of Bennett's Book Found Through Its ISBN.

http://www.parents-aid.org.uk/

I'm Betting Their Finances Will Come Under Close Scrutiny Now.
Posted by tony at 8.11.09

I believe bennett was a social worker once. Hmmmm.

Last edited by vee8 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Interesting point on Katie Smiths blog. Empty Re: Interesting point on Katie Smiths blog.

Post by Tinkerbell43 Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:40 am

vee8 wrote:http://katiesmith.wordpress.com/2009/11/08/puzzled-of-essex/

Katie's words here.

As the Sun and the Sunday People allude to possible financial discrepancies surrounding the malefic Madeleine ‘Foundation’, the main players in this bizarre drama are accusing one another of various acts of fraud and betrayal that make Bernard Madoff look like a saint.

A comment here reminded me of an aspect of leaflet-gate that has always puzzled and worried me: The ISBN number of Bennett’s 60 Reasons gives us the following details:

Note the publisher’s name – Parents’ Aid.

Who are Parents’ Aid?

‘Parents’ Aid is a voluntary organisation and registered charity (no. 1018739), founded in November 1989, which exists to support families who are receiving or who may require assistance from the Social Services Department, or who through any conjunction of circumstances may be at risk of social exclusion.’

Notice that Parents’ Aid are a REGISTERED CHARITY.

Why on earth is a registered charity based in Essex publishing a leaflet that attacks the parent’s of a missing child? Surely charities have legal obligations and rules that would prevent such a practice? If anyone can explain it to me I would be really grateful. Especially since Bennett’s former best buddy ‘Stevo’ has stated;

Apparently Tony’s friend was the printer of the books. That alone was hardly an arm’s length transaction was it? You can’t run non-profits like this. You have to be seen to always do the right thing. By doing things like Tony did, he has left himself wide open to increased scrutiny – all unnecessary so. And given his history of ethics violations with the Solicitor’s Regulatory Body, why on earth is he sending out blank cheques “just in case” In case of what?’

It’s a puzzle indeed. An Essex based registered charity acting as the publisher of Bennett’s leaflet and his friend the printer giving him a special price no doubt. I wonder if the Charity Commission are aware that one of their charities have branched out into the world of publishing fiction?

Tony, of the hounding blog, is alluding to the same.

http://thehoundingofthemccans.blogspot.com/2009/11/parents-aidlogohelping-to-keep-families.html

Keeping Families Together?
Oh Really?

Then what the hell were they thinking when they Published the above trash written by a man who was doing his damnedest to rip a family asunder? A Registered Charity? More Like Registered Hypocrites.
Below Are The Details Of Bennett's Book Found Through Its ISBN.

http://www.parents-aid.org.uk/
I'm Betting Their Finances Will Come Under Close Scrutiny Now.
Posted by tony at 8.11.09

I believe bennett was a social worker once. Hmmmm.

And his wife. Double Hmmm.
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Interesting point on Katie Smiths blog. Empty Re: Interesting point on Katie Smiths blog.

Post by vee8 Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:20 am

I think we should bear in mind that Parent's aid may be another innocent victim in all of this. Further investigation is going on as to their involvement or not with bennett.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:44 am

Vee this is what Bennett posted on the BDF.

REPLY: You're very much
mistaken. In the 1970s I worked as a qualified social worker and was
involved in the family courts. In 1980, whilst working as Harlow
Council's Principal Welfare Rights Officer, I founded a self-help and
advocacy group called 'Parents Aid' to help families with children in
care and wrote a best-selling book: 'Guide for Families with Childen in
Care' - which explained their rights. I did all this because I
considered, as did many fellow professionals at the time, that the 1975
Children Act had balanced the legislation too much against parents -
and it was now too easy to remove children from their parents.

http://www.pfa2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4156

Link added.

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:46 am

In 1980, whilst working as Harlow
Council's Principal Welfare Rights Officer, I founded a self-help and
advocacy group called 'Parents Aid' to help families with children in
care

And now this group publishes the libel ridden pamplets. Can someone explain to me why a charity (and as Katie says above, they are a registered charity) would be printing anything for anyone else, especially for an organisation that is not a charity. I ask this because as a charity they are covered by different tax and disclosure rules and anything done for a non charity must be declared separately. For eg, printing pamplets for a non charity is not part of the charity's business and is in fact a profit making enterprise, subject to different tax laws. The transaction itself also needs to be investigated to ensure that it was at arms length, with no conflict of interest.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:23 am

Im beginning to wonder if bennett is a partner of the printing company, he's certainly sent a lot of business their way.
Probation Journal
Care' is available from Parents Aid, 66.
Chippingfield, Harlow, Essex; tel: Harlow. xxxxxxxx, price 40p. Solvent
Abuse. In 1980, reports on girls admitted to ...
prb.sagepub.com/cgi/reprint/29/3/107.pdf - Similar

Back to top Go down

Post by jean Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:36 am

Harlow has quite a reputation for its social workers hasn't it?? They must train them well in that particular part of GB!!

jean
Master
Master

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down