Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madeleine McCann - Who Cares?

+6
bluj1515
Peaceful1
Rosie
Pedro Silva
vee8
Zavvi
10 posters

Go down

Madeleine McCann - Who Cares? Empty Madeleine McCann - Who Cares?

Post by Zavvi Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:21 am

Madeleine McCann - Who Cares? 

Martin Brunt 

October 20, 2009 1:15 PM 

I don't know why, but I'm still finding it impossible to get a straight answer about Madeleine McCann from Leicestershire police. 

I called to ask about Madeleine and almost before I'd asked the question was being given the old brush off: "It's a Portuguese investigation, not ours." 

The Portuguese authorities closed their investigation in July last year. The press officer said she hadn't heard or read about that. 

Apparently, the Leicstershire force still passes on any potential leads to the dynamic Portuguese police who established precisely nothing about Madeleine's disappearance during their 15-month inquiry. 

I gave it 24 hours and called back. This time I was told that all the Leicestershire cops involved in the Madeleine case were on half-term holiday. So push off. 

She didn't actually say that, but it felt like she had. 

Still, onwards and upwards. The last time I asked a Leicestershire press officer about Madeleine she got hysterical. 

I hope that privately, at least, Madeleine's home force shows a bit more care and thought towards her family. 

Link http://tinyurl.com/yj6zqhy (Sky News)
Zavvi
Zavvi
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann - Who Cares? Empty Re: Madeleine McCann - Who Cares?

Post by vee8 Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:05 am

Who cares? I do, for one.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:26 am

I care too.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:23 am

I care too.

As for the Leicestershire police, this is what I was referring to the other day about Amaral supposedly asking them to ask our government about the satellite images. I have got the distinct impression the Leicestershire police couldn't care less and are do absolutely nothing, they should have arrested Debbie Butler and the Greens for stalking, they did nothing!

Perhaps we should take this up with police complaints? Perhaps they will do something then, because the McCanns are being stalked, lied about and threatened and this police are doing the same as they do for the mother and daughter that were being threatened in their own homes a big fat NOTHING!

That ended in tragedy, with the mother and daughter taking their own lives, it appears the Leicestershire police have learned nothing!

Last edited by Rosiepops on Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:09 am

Yes, I agree with Rosiepops, the more complaints the better, because what TB is doing is a serious crime.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaceful1 Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:01 am

Yes we care on here.
Seemingly Leicester police just care about getting paid each month.
Peaceful1
Peaceful1
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:25 am

This is Martin Brunt. He's a liar and troublemaker. Perhaps they are putting him off because it is HIM. It's also quite possible the McCanns have asked them NOT to speak to the media and they agree it would be a detriment.
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:57 pm

I hope Brunt is wrong about the LP's attitude............Brunty is a tw@t ¬!!
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:14 am

No, I don't think Martin is aliar, a troublemaker or tw*t. He is a reporter, a crime reporter.

He pulled up a blog on Madeleine, something that had been archived, uderstandably I think. And this IS a good thing, I think. It isn't like MM or 3A or the alike, is it?

He is, on his own way and within his means, fighting to maintain the awareness about Madeleine. And he is saying that your police are acting exactly like the portuguese police!!! And we do feel it, don't we? Lately I have read some news that do not show LP as a very diligent force.

He ends his piece with:

I hope that privately, at least, Madeleine's home force shows a bit more care and thought towards her family
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:03 am

Brunt on location in PDL and Portimao....always looked and sounded as though he had just been pulled from a Bar to report on camera......
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:31 pm

maria wrote:No, I don't think Martin is aliar, a troublemaker or tw*t. He is a reporter, a crime reporter.

He pulled up a blog on Madeleine, something that had been archived, uderstandably I think. And this IS a good thing, I think. It isn't like MM or 3A or the alike, is it?

He is, on his own way and within his means, fighting to maintain the awareness about Madeleine. And he is saying that your police are acting exactly like the portuguese police!!! And we do feel it, don't we? Lately I have read some news that do not show LP as a very diligent force.

He ends his piece with:

I hope that privately, at least, Madeleine's home force shows a bit more care and thought towards her family

He's the source of the 100% DNA match in the hired car myth, isnt he?
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaceful1 Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:58 pm

Catkins wrote:Brunt on location in PDL and Portimao....always looked and sounded as though he had just been pulled from a Bar to report on camera......
Something about Brunt always disturbed me (for want of a better word).
I always thought when he looked into the cameras and started talking, it was almost like he had his hands tied, gun to his head, and was 'forced' to report exactly what he was told to report.
Maybe its just me, but he always made me feel suspicious whenever I saw him on TV news regarding this case.
Peaceful1
Peaceful1
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:18 pm

My opinion of Martin is that he is trying very hard, maybe to hard to be fair. Some of his opinion pieces in life of crime blog have been very critical of Amaral and the PJ, others have tended to point suspicion towards the McCanns. I doubt he believes both sides, and I am sure he has his own personal opinion. I do believe that he does not want that opinion to colour his reports, so tries to hard to be fair.

That is why he looks like he is saying things he doesnt believe, as Peaceful1 says in her post above.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:35 pm

I think they are all freaked out to be honest with you...the case as become very political and people are scared to talk to anyone for fear they are talking to a journalist or some other source that might cause problems for them.

Peaceful.I agree with what your saying about brunt to.I always feel he speaks as he as to not how he wants to.
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 pm

I do not always agree with Martin Brunt, in fact some of the time he has been palinly wrong and other times he has reported a lot of twaddle, especially about the blue bag and those witnesses that turned out to be a lot of nonsense. However, with the LP, I think he has a fair point, for whatever reason, I do not think they have behaved properly and their response to Madeleine related enquiries has been slip shod to say the least. I am remembering the reception Clairesy received about the stalking from Tony Bennett and Debbie Butler and the Greens! As for the DNA, I believe he got this from a Portuguese journalist that deliberately told him a lie so he would print it, relations between the British journalists and the Portuguese journalists were always very strained, right from the beginning. And someone said he always looked half drunk, true he did, I remember thinking this a lot of the time and it is true that a lot of their so called "investigative" journalism took place from swapping stories in a couple of well known bars where the hacks hung out, a woman translator would appear in the morning and translate for the Portuguese journalists to the British and as a result mistakes happened due to deliberate misleading and genuine errors in translation, but the overall effect was poor and shoddy journalism, by ALL the journalists!

I think the LP has been less than helpful, this is what it appears anyway, I suppose this could be for a number of reasons, 1) a little bird tells me they are sick and tired of the antis spamming them with rubbish 2) They do not trust journalists 3) They may very well have been asked by the McCanns to do things this way.

However, this does not mean that they stop doing their job properly and the LP to me seem to be behaving just like the PJ did and if this is an unfair criticsm then perhaps they should be seen to be doing something? They are not blameless, they mad some mistakes too and I am not going to make excuses for them, because look at what happened to that mother and her daughter who were being terrorised in her own home, they repeated reported this to the LP and they did nothing and as a result that mother took her own life and that of ther disabled daughter, because they just could not carry on.

I am less than impressed with them at the moment!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down