Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe Moura on Geraldo

+4
AlexG
Tinkerbell43
dianeh
calcite51
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Joe Moura on Geraldo Empty Joe Moura on Geraldo

Post by dianeh Mon May 25, 2009 1:43 pm

I just saw Joe Moura on Geraldo talking about Ray Hewlett.

Joe is an investigative journalist who went to Portugal to try to get to the bottom of Madeleine's disappearance. He told Geraldo that he went because he was concerned that one the McCanns were made arguido that they were no longer able to defend themselves publicly and the adverse publicity was affecting the search for Madeleine. So he went to Portugal to try to find out what happened.

His conclusions is that the McCanns had absolutely nothing to to with Madeleine's disappearance. He says they have no motive and there was no opportunity and there is no physical evidence to suggest that Madeleine died in the apartment.

Bad news is that he believes she was taken by a paedophile and that she is now dead. Of course he has no proof, just the reasoning that she became too well known and too risky to keep alive. That assumes of course that the paedophile didnt kill her within hours of abducting her.

He is not convinced that Ray Hewlett will lead anywhere. But he does call it a credible lead and it should be investigated, not just by the McCanns detectives but also by the authorities (british and Portuguese). He was very complimentary about the McCanns detectives, calling them experience and professional.

Of course Geraldo didnt do himself any favours when he called Madeleine, Madeleine McCain.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Joe Moura on Geraldo Empty Re: Joe Moura on Geraldo

Post by calcite51 Mon May 25, 2009 1:50 pm

Well, Diane, I'm glad Joe thinks the detectives are credible and that the lead should be investigated. Obviously, Joe had concerns with the way the investigation was being handled at the beginning when Amaral was in charge and he was right about the adverse publicity the McCannns were forced to tolerate after being made arguidos. Sad, sad, sad, and some people are still defending that most incompetent PJ (Amaral). I hope he and that Costavalo hang their heads in shame. What a disgrace those two have been not only to Portugal but to humanity.

I hope he's wrong about the pedophile information and also I hope that he is proven wrong about Madeleine being dead.
calcite51
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexG Mon May 25, 2009 2:06 pm

Deleted

Last edited by AlexG on Mon May 17, 2010 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlexG
AlexG
Master
Master

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Mon May 25, 2009 2:25 pm

Calcite I hope he is wrong about the paedophile link and Madeleine being dead as well. Do you watch Geraldo? I am not a big fan, but I had it on in the background, while I was working and heard him.

Alex, on the phone records. This begs the question as to whether or not the phone records for PDL were comprehensively checked to see if any registered (or known but not registered) paedophiles were in the area at the time. Also, I would have expected that each possible suspect would have been checked to see if they were in the area based upon the tracking by their phones pinging. I wasnt aware that a warrant was necessary for that, i thought it was only necessary to get the phone records themselves.

But then I dont know the law here, let alone in Portugal. I know it is not legal to track people in real time, but I dont know whether or not it is legal to track them after the event. So something like comparing all phones pinging from the nearest tower to PDL to a list of phones of registered paedophiles or suspects may be allowed. But to look at the calls of any matches, would need a warrant.

Do you know much about this?
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by calcite51 Mon May 25, 2009 2:57 pm

Diane, we don`t get Geraldo`s show but he does appear on a show call 20/20. I know Geraldo had his own show at one point but it's no longer aired on any Canadian channels.
calcite51
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Mon May 25, 2009 4:20 pm

Geraldo has his own show on Fox News on Saturday and Sunday.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 Mon May 25, 2009 8:07 pm

I've read that the Thompsons were interviewed yesterday and was asked for Hewletts mobile number. The Investigators are going to track where his phone was activated on 03.05.07 and the days following.
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexG Tue May 26, 2009 6:01 am

Deleted

Last edited by AlexG on Mon May 17, 2010 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlexG
AlexG
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexG Tue May 26, 2009 6:03 am

Last edited by AlexG on Thu May 05, 2011 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
AlexG
AlexG
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Tue May 26, 2009 7:39 am

Tinkerbell43 wrote:I've read that the Thompsons were interviewed yesterday and was asked for Hewletts mobile number. The Investigators are going to track where his phone was activated on 03.05.07 and the days following.

If they have his number and it was the same number as when Madeleine disappeared and it pops up in an area he has already denied he was in, this is going to be pretty incriminating.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the PJ get a whole bunch of numbers from the records and visit a lot of people who made calls on their mobiles in Praia da Luz that night? I seem to recall reading something along these lines, some of the people interviewed said they did not have a problem with being contacted about it.

Also isn't it still possible to track you from your mobile even if it wasn't turned on?

Don't forget also, if they do manage to locate the Dodge truck and they find Madeleine's DNA in there, then what possible reason could there be for it to be there? Assuming it is a near match of course.
I think I saw a report today somewhere that they may know where the Dodge is, who knows? They may have already found it!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexG Tue May 26, 2009 7:58 am

*Deleted*

Last edited by AlexG on Tue May 18, 2010 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlexG
AlexG
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Tue May 26, 2009 8:36 am

I hope he is not connected to her, but if he is then I feel it was not for his own purposes, I think it was a planned abduction for which he will be paid, if this is the case then I think there is still the possibility of her being alive.
I may not know the ins and outs of mobile phone records but we have a possible number linking with a known paedophile, BUT the onus is still to prove that it was actually him using the phone. I think the the revealing thing there would be to trace who he had called and if anyone called him in the days leading up to the abduction when he may not have been so guarded and of course afterwards too.
I know about the SIM cards and Pay as you go mobile phones etc, but the difference here is that we have a number to trace.
I find it odd that he even had a mobile phone, he was supposed to be poor and his partner has a pone also, why would someone living that lifestyle even want two phones?

The alibi with a 15 year old girl, mmmm the last 15 year old girl who gave him an alibi now admits she lied! IF he was with another young girl, how come his partner is saying that he has changed? It is obvious he hasn't because he is still up to his old tricks!

The DNA can remain in situ for years and still be viable, but it could become compromised, it depends on where it is. I would have my doubts too because of the number of children living in the truck, but if they could get a positive on her DNA then this has to be serious, as he would them have to try and explain how her DNA got in there, as there would be no reason for it to be in there, but there is such a thing as Locards Principle of DNA transference. So again it would come down to corroborating evidence.
The thing is, it is a long shot but could still prove to be useful.

I hasten to add that I do think that Madeleine is alive, so even though I would hate for her to have been in his clutches, she could still be alive and she must be found and brought home, no matter what though.

The reason why he left the twins? I do not know why people find this such a had question, because he could not take three children at once and perhaps whoever wanted Madeleine, wanted a child of her age and looks?
I find it telling that both he and Murat said that she looked like their daughters! This may have been enough to mark her out from the other children, that and the fact she and her family happened to be in that particular apartment.

I do not think it is media manipulation, this is a credible lead and the questions it has raised makes it credible and would be of interest in the investigation.

It has just come on our late night news that detectives are preparing to interview Hewlett, so we will find out soon enough I suppose.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 Tue May 26, 2009 9:29 am

I'm with you on this Rosie, IF he is involved then I do not believe it was for his own purposes, I think it would have been for the money.

Re the phone records, admittedly I do not understand how sim cards work but the Thompsons were in touch with him from 2006 and I am sure they would know if the number has been changed. For someone that lives a hand to mouth existence I cannot see him having the money to keep buying and discarding phones and sim cards. Also, if as his wife has said he is a changed man, he had no reason to either!

Still lets see if he speaks with the investigators, if he has nothing to hide he will speak to them, if he's dying then he has nothing to lose!
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexG Tue May 26, 2009 10:00 am

Last edited by AlexG on Thu May 05, 2011 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
AlexG
AlexG
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexG Tue May 26, 2009 10:08 am

*Deleted*

Last edited by AlexG on Tue May 18, 2010 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlexG
AlexG
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexG Tue May 26, 2009 10:11 am

Deleted

Last edited by AlexG on Mon May 17, 2010 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlexG
AlexG
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by jean Tue May 26, 2009 10:26 am

Hi Alex
That is a very difficult question you have just asked. I have a very strong feeling that she is still alive, and has not been harmed. I don't know whether this is just wishful thinking but I have thought this all along. I feel that she is with some gypsies somewhere and may be being trained to beg and steal. My family and I went to Paris last year and as we walked along the Champs Elysee there were young girls sitting on the pavement begging. She would be appealing enough to do this, and by now she would most probably not remember who she really is, and have accepted that this is what she has to do. I really don't want to go down the other path, it's too painful!!!

jean
Master
Master

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Tue May 26, 2009 10:34 am

Alex

With all due respect, that question is not appropriate.

Because if I were 'God' then Madeleine would not be taken in the first place.

I have no preference as to what would the best of the bad things that could happen, because whatever has happened has happened and wanting, wishing, preferring makes no difference. I just will not let it rest (the search for Madeleine) if there is a possibility that Madeleine is still alive, in danger, in pain. She cannot be left out there alone and vulnerable, which would be the case is she is still alive.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexG Tue May 26, 2009 10:55 am

AlexG
AlexG
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexG Tue May 26, 2009 11:01 am

AlexG
AlexG
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Tue May 26, 2009 11:22 am

You can't say that one of the twins would sell better Alex, this is just making assumptions and this is what Amaral did and this is why this investigation ended the way it did. A child of the twins age was probably not required.

You do not know that the will never talk to the PI's, let's just wait and see what happens.
His partner has said he will take a lie detector test to prove he had nothing to do with Madeleine's abduction, so if he is prepared to do this, then why not talk to the investigators?
Or is it because he knows only too well that no one would take a lie detector test off of him, while he is in this condition, it would not prove effective *either* way? Apparently you cannot take polygraph tests from people who are on drugs and he must be doped up to the eyeballs with analgesia, not to mention he is a bit of a pot head in any case.

Equally Alex the Madeleine task force in Leicestershire (Madeleine's police force) have apparently said they want to interview him in connection with Madeleine and several other British police forces want to question him about other matters,believe me if they think he may know something about Madeleine, they WILL ask him. These are the official police and if they get the all clear to talk to him from his doctors, then he will have to talk to them and the PJ will not be able to stop them, if the PJ are then passed information by the official British police and ignore it, I think we would then have an international diplomatic incident, which again is going to impact badly on Portugal. Whatever you say about your government maybe right, but even they are extremely worried about the tourist industry, this is hugely significant. I also do not believe that all the PJ are the same as Amaral, i think there must be some good cops in Portugal too.

How many children are walking the streets of Portugal alone? especially if he wanted a child of Madeleine's age? The abductor knew because he had watched, that the children were alone and he took his chance and this is what happened and this man has already been found guilty of abducting a child from her home and also there has been other reports about intruders being found inside the room of a child and one child Carolina Santos, was actually taken from her garden one Christmas in broad daylight, fortunately her abduction was halted because apparently neighbours raised the alarm and her parents got her back after chasing after the man and she was 3 years old too! Incidentally Carolina resembled Madeleine! The PJ did nothing about this either!

How do we know that this was not the same abductor that took Madeleine?
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexG Tue May 26, 2009 11:26 am

Last edited by AlexG on Thu May 05, 2011 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
AlexG
AlexG
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Tue May 26, 2009 1:09 pm

AlexG wrote:

I hasten to add that I do think that Madeleine is alive, so even though I would hate for her to have been in his clutches, she could still be alive and she must be found and brought home, no matter what though.
Do you mind if I ask a delicate question ?
If you were a "God" and if you could chose between a Madeleine that died on the night of the abduction without suffering and if possible by accident and a Madeleine that is still alive somewhere being abused in all worse ways you can imagine (and I'm not only talking about sexual abuse but also torture, etc....) what would you chose ?
And to spare you a question, I believe that she might still be alive.

hi alex,marilin once said something on sky news blogs that made soo much sense and it sort of puts things into perspective in a way.And its true aswel. Being hurt or abused is terrible, feeling that death might be an easier option might be easier to imagine because it softens the blow of imagining anything else happening to that person..........however as Marilin said, people recover from abuse,and they do. But there is nothing more final than death.And therefore i hope Madeleine is alive,i hope she isnt being hurt,but if she is,i know with her family and friends she can overcome that one day.Im sure she will .Others do, and they go on to live happy lives. Those who have been abused wouldn't be better of dead,they have lives to live,people to love and be loved by.Life goes on and it can be a Rosie place to be even after being hurt by someone. Death on the other hand is final and once you have been given that you cannot recover from it. Lets just hope Madeleine's only pain as been the seperation from her family and friends,nothing more.
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexG Tue May 26, 2009 1:36 pm

Last edited by AlexG on Thu May 05, 2011 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
AlexG
AlexG
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Tue May 26, 2009 9:25 pm

AlexG wrote:

hi alex,marilin once said something on sky news blogs that made soo much sense and it sort of puts things into perspective in a way.And its true aswel. Being hurt or abused is terrible, feeling that death might be an easier option might be easier to imagine because it softens the blow of imagining anything else happening to that person..........however as Marilin said, people recover from abuse,and they do. But there is nothing more final than death.And therefore i hope Madeleine is alive,i hope she isnt being hurt,but if she is,i know with her family and friends she can overcome that one day.Im sure she will .Others do, and they go on to live happy lives. Those who have been abused wouldn't be better of dead,they have lives to live,people to love and be loved by.Life goes on and it can be a Rosie place to be even after being hurt by someone. Death on the other hand is final and once you have been given that you cannot recover from it. Lets just hope Madeleine's only pain as been the seperation from her family and friends,nothing more.
I believe in life after death,
Also when you trully love someone and that someone is missing i can assure you that you would rather wish for that person to be dead, a quick an painless dead than to be suffering in the hands of someone you don't know, things that you don't know, without any clue if the person would be back or not.

So are you saying if Madeleine is with a peadophile she is better off dead? Is that like saying those who have fallen into the hands of a peadpohile would have been better of dead?
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next