Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our own copy of the DVD

+7
sadie
Catkins
Rosie
Tinkerbell43
calcite51
Pedro Silva
honestbroker
11 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Our own copy of the DVD - Page 2 Empty Re: Our own copy of the DVD

Post by sadie Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:06 am

Tinkerbell43 wrote:I've always been betwixed and between as to whether Madeleine was drugged or whether she knew her abductor. They are the only 2 explanations I can come up with as to why she didn't create and scream the place down.

If Mrs Carpenter did indeed hear Madeleines name, then I would have a tendancy to lean towards Madeleine being in the care of someone that she knew/was befriended by. I have always been of the opinion someone who works within the MW resort is involved.

I agree Tinks, Diane and Maria. Good point about it being a member of staff, does sound like someone who knew her. She could have been moaning in her semi-drugged state and the abductor was simply trying to sooth her and keep her quiet. Good point about it corraborating our thoughts that it was a planned and probably professional abduction - or maybe the later is one step too far?

Now where did Madeleines abductor go between say 9.22 and 10pm? - beacuse the walk wouldn't have taken more than a few minutes. I think I calculated it roughly as having taken about 4 minutes, because the distance is about 400yards, I think.
Please can someone check my maths; it's in my post in Alroys 'A Complete Review Of Maddies Abduction' on Page 13, posted at 3.04am.

The obvious place that Bundleman could have gone is one of the two homes previously mentioned, but that isn't necessarily so - there may have been another home, unknown to us, that he called at. In the 3A's thay are talking about a converted garage, close to RM's place with a bed in it - wonder what this is all about? NB. I have just been trying to find this thread and am unable to; wonder if I have got this garage and bed thing wrong?
Also, I guess if lots of people were moving around, he might have skulked around for a while, frightened to move on.
If my thoughts on his route are correct, it would have taken quite a bit of courage for him to leave the darkness(?) of the alleyway 'Aldimento The Ocean Club' to cross the road 'Rua DR FGM' (the road the tapas 9 walked, higher up, to check their kids) to the Baptista Supermarket.
Then again, it may have taken some plucking up of courage to leave the shadows of the 'Baptista supermarket' and cross two very open looking car parks before reaching 'Rua D'Escola' near the nannies accomodation and meeting the Smiths.

This route can be seen on Alroys thread mentioned above on Page 21. It is the route coloured green on map 04. In order to find the alleyawy and road names, I suggest that you refer to map 02.

Well it looks as though HB's initial inquiry, along with marias excellent help, may have established the first fairly definite part of bundlemans route. Do you agree? It also confirms JT's sighting. It would be good if we could let her know of our fairly strong conclusion; I think that she would like that!

Now why didn't Amaral think of this? He had the evidence. If it weren't for the fact that he was in charge of the case and a senior Officer, anyone would wonder if he had an agenda?

Everything that I write is just my opinion and this is based upon evidence that can readily be found on the internet. I accuse nobody of anything, but in the interests of trying to find Madeleine, I probe and ask lots of questions.

Last edited by sadie on Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:31 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Correction)
sadie
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:25 pm

Sadie

The obvious place that Bundleman could have gone is one of the two homes previously mentioned, but that isn't necessarily so - there may have been another home, unknown to us, that he called at. In the 3A's thay are talking about a converted garage, close to RM's place with a bed in it - wonder what this is all about? NB. I have just been trying to find this thread and am unable to; wonder if I have got this garage and bed thing wrong?

You are not wrong about the garage. I think it was in Steve Carpenters testimony about the garage and the single bed, and the toys in the garage. But this seem to have been dismissed, without any forensics etc done.

The abductor could have stopped for any number of reason (some I dont care to go into) or he had to meet someone (for any number of possible reasons). But then he continued on foot. The road was no busier just after 9, when he took her, as to what it was when the Smiths saw him, so he didnt hide because of that. The other thing, is if he stopped in a garden, or other outdoor area and placed Madeleine on the ground, I think even the initial poorly trained sniffer dogs would have found that spot, because the scent would have been strong. So my bet is that the stopover was indoors, leaving no significant trail for the dogs to follow. These were not 'expert' dogs, so most likely needed a trail on the ground to follow, which there wouldnt have been if she were carried (we discussed all this before). But they would have found her if she were placed on the ground, for any length of time, IMO of course.

And we are in agreement that Mrs Carpenter hearing "Madeleine" coincides with the abduction. And it does indicate the direction taken by the abductor.

As to why the Amoral one didnt find it himself. Simple, he wasnt looking. He didnt want to use proper deductive reasoning to solve the case. He was on a one way path to self destruction from the word go. You see, what I dont understand is why wasnt everything put into the computer to provide a data base with each thing using multiple tags to find things. For eg, tags for timing, location, etc, would have been useful, because then it would be easy later on to just drag out anything that had a time in it, etc. I know I say that in retrospect, but with the amount of info they had, they needed to be able to retrieve it easily, and by any different number of methods. With the Carpenter interview, it has taken us a while to make head or tail of it, and it is possible that just not enough time was devoted to it, and the significance of what he was saying was missed. If the 'Garage' description is not Carpenters then it is someone elses, and it too should have been brought into context. But to do all of this, you must first be looking at abduction as a realistic theory, and it appears that the Amoral one never did.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:42 pm

I have always said (still maintain) that someone from the resort (staff) has to be involved in sweet Madeleine´s abduction. Someone at PDL knows something.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:06 pm

Pedro Silva wrote:I have always said (still maintain) that someone from the resort (staff) has to be involved in sweet Madeleine´s abduction. Someone at PDL knows something.
Me too Pedro........always felt inside information...........
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by sadie Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:39 pm

Catkins wrote:
Pedro Silva wrote:I have always said (still maintain) that someone from the resort (staff) has to be involved in sweet Madeleine´s abduction. Someone at PDL knows something.
Me too Pedro........always felt inside information...........

Couldn't agree more, staff involved. Do you think that it is just at staff level............?
sadie
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:25 am

Someone surely at PDL must know something, of this I´m sure.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by sadie Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:07 am

dianeh wrote:Sadie

You are not wrong about the garage. I think it was in Steve Carpenters testimony about the garage and the single bed, and the toys in the garage. But this seem to have been dismissed, without any forensics etc done.

The abductor could have stopped for any number of reason (some I dont care to go into) or he had to meet someone (for any number of possible reasons). But then he continued on foot. The road was no busier just after 9, when he took her, as to what it was when the Smiths saw him, so he didnt hide because of that. The other thing, is if he stopped in a garden, or other outdoor area and placed Madeleine on the ground, I think even the initial poorly trained sniffer dogs would have found that spot, because the scent would have been strong. So my bet is that the stopover was indoors, leaving no significant trail for the dogs to follow. These were not 'expert' dogs, so most likely needed a trail on the ground to follow, which there wouldnt have been if she were carried (we discussed all this before). But they would have found her if she were placed on the ground, for any length of time, IMO of course.

And we are in agreement that Mrs Carpenter hearing "Madeleine" coincides with the abduction. And it does indicate the direction taken by the abductor.

As to why the Amoral one didnt find it himself. Simple, he wasnt looking. He didnt want to use proper deductive reasoning to solve the case. He was on a one way path to self destruction from the word go. You see, what I dont understand is why wasnt everything put into the computer to provide a data base with each thing using multiple tags to find things. For eg, tags for timing, location, etc, would have been useful, because then it would be easy later on to just drag out anything that had a time in it, etc. I know I say that in retrospect, but with the amount of info they had, they needed to be able to retrieve it easily, and by any different number of methods. With the Carpenter interview, it has taken us a while to make head or tail of it, and it is possible that just not enough time was devoted to it, and the significance of what he was saying was missed. If the 'Garage' description is not Carpenters then it is someone elses, and it too should have been brought into context. But to do all of this, you must first be looking at abduction as a realistic theory, and it appears that the Amoral one never did.

Now you are talking!

And that garage; I find that troubles me. It's probably just a cheap holiday squat, but I wish it had been investigated properly - it had a single bed and toys in it. Why only one bed space, if a child stayed there as well? NB Have reread the the information about the garage and find that it just says a bed - so it could have been a single, double or even kingsized bed. If it was either of the later, it rather changes the scenario. How i wish we could find some of these things out.

The sort of guy who would have a place like that, could be the sort of guy who had a small (presumably old)campervan in Joana Ciprianos village 7 miles away. This campervan and it's male occupant vanished from her village at about the time Joana vanished and it was found abandoned in PdL

I wonder if the guy with the garage 'squat' vanished after Madeleine vanished?.............Hmm
Hope it was properly investigated.

Last edited by sadie on Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
sadie
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Our own copy of the DVD - Page 2 Empty SORRY SORRY

Post by maria Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:27 am

I've been reviewing my translations and I now know why you got the idea that Carpenters were out twice, I made a serious mistake in my first translation:where it says where we left the children sleeping and a bit later we did it again should say we put the children to sleep and a bit later we did the same.

I'm really sorry and ashamed about this. It is mistakes like this that may change completely a version of an event.

My very sincere apologies.
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:04 am

Maria

You dont have to apologise, it is a genuine error. It does however highlight just how a single mistranslation can cause an effect. This is the reason why we dont trust the translations on the 3A's. They are using Babel etc to do translations, then rewriting them, and then asking other people to read it. Then on top of that, we have the problem of them wanting it to say incriminating things about the McCanns, so this slants their translations.

I much prefer your translations.

Thank you very much for your efforts, I really appreciate them.

Cheers
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:12 am

As always Diane you said it better than I.

Maria, please dont beat yourself up, like Diane I am just so grateful that you are doing this for us.

Blimey I get things wrong and its my first language lol!
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:15 pm

Tinkerbell43 wrote:As always Diane you said it better than I.

Maria, please dont beat yourself up, like Diane I am just so grateful that you are doing this for us.

Blimey I get things wrong and its my first language lol!
I agree with you both............ flower
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sadie Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:47 am

Maria. We all appreciate you. How did you learn such good English?

Now I want to put something right:

[sadie quote] And that garage; I find that troubles me. It's probably just a cheap holiday squat, but I wish it had been investigated properly - it had a single bed and toys in it. Why only one bed space, if a child stayed there as well?

The sort of guy who would have a place like that, could be the sort of guy who had a small (presumably old)campervan in Joana Ciprianos village 7 miles away. This campervan and it's male occupant vanished from her village at about the time Joana vanished and it was found abandoned in PdL

I wonder if the guy with the garage 'squat' vanished after Madeleine vanished?.............Hmm
Hope it was properly investigated. [/Quote]

I have re-read the piece about the bed and it isn't plain whether that is a single, double or kingsized bed, so I take the word 'single' back and I guess some Dads would be happy to have their child share a bed occasionally. I know that when I was a kid and had nightmares, I always slept with Dad - he was the greatest calming influence in my life.

Anyone know where that garage was situated?
sadie
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Our own copy of the DVD - Page 2 Empty Drinking and other habits (Salcedas, cartas rogatórias)

Post by maria Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:55 am

Deposition of Jerónimo Tomás Rodrigues SALCEDAS, fitness trainer (Cartas Rogatórias, file 5, page 22 onwards)

I am the person mentioned above living at the address previously provided to the police. I am of Portuguese nationality and I am fluent with portuguese and spanish. I live in Great Britain with my parents since I was ten years old. Since I finished school I had several jobs but never identified myself with any of them.

I still have family in Portugal and the beginning of 2007 I was in England and unemployed. I contacted by email my cousin Miguel COLLEO (I’m not sure about the pronounciation of his surname), and he told me he was working in Algarve Portugal as a barman/waiter at the OC Resort, in PdL, Portugal. I allways liked the idea of working abroad and asked him if he could find a job for me. He answered me, and said he found me a job in the same area as his.

I travelled from Bristol airport to Faro, Portugal on the 26th of March 2007. From Faro I went directly to PdL on the same day and was lodged at a rented apartment with Miguel. Initially his girlfriend was also living with us, but before the end of April 2007 she returned to South Africa. The apartment was near the beach but I don’t remember the address.

I started as an OC employee on the 4th of April 2007, and my tasks included working at the bar and attending to the tables at the Tapas Bar. The shift was from 16:00h till midnight, five days a week and the two ‘resting days ‘[don’t know the correct expression for this] rotated from week to week. The other employees at the Tapas Bar on my shift were Ricardo, Zé and Tiago, all portuguese and with very low command of the english language. As a result, I was frequently asked to attend to english customers.

I remember being working at Tapas the evening that Madeleine disappeared. I also remember the group of adults who were holidaying with her, including her parents as they were customers at dinner at Tapas.

I used to see them occasionally during the day when I went to the complex for a dive in the swimming pool, or when they used to collect them at tea time close to the Tapas. Nothing in their behaviour called my attention as being unusual. They had dinner at the restaurant every night from Sunday until Thursday when Madeleine disappeared. They were nine adults in total, four couples and an older lady who was also with them. I allways found them polite and good clients, they related well between them, and everytime I served them they were nice and used to comment on the quality of food. It was a enjoyable and well disposed [good disposition, good spirits] group that used to laugh during the meals. There was a gentleman who was more noticeable because he used to talk a lot and tell jokes. I had no idea then, but later I realised that that person was the father of Madeleine McCann. Frequently, when I attended at their table I noticed that one or two elements of the group had left the room, but I had no idea where they might have gone. After watching the news on the media, I guess they were checking on their children. In some occasions I also saw some childminders [babysitters] at the table, but I never made any connection about that.

Which respects to the group’s alcohol consumption habits, it never looked excessive to me. Wine was included in the Tapas menu [meal], and the waiters used to be quite generous about it. The authorisation was about a bottle per person. As I can recall wine consumption at this table was around six bottles between the nine adults. I think that on the first or second evening they drunk a bit more, eight or nine bottles. I believe we also offered them a liquor as they were such good customers. The behaviour at the table did not change along the evening. At the most, may be the group joked a bit more but nobody seemed drunk.

In general they would leave Tapas between 23:30h and midnight, sometimes all together other times in small groups. The night they drunk more they left a bit later, may be around 00:30 – 01:00. I remember this detail because I was supposedly finishing my shift at midnight and I wanted to go home. They looked allways well when leaving and used to say good bye to the personnel.

The night Madeleine disappeared everything looked normal. I remember that I knew about the disappearance after I was at the restaurant talking to my colleagues, Zé and Ricardo, who were having a breake. I came back to the dining room and noticed that the table for nine was empty except for the older lady who was sitting there alone. I went to the table and made a joke: ’They abandoned you’. She answered more or less with these words: ‘No, they went to watch and the little girl wasn’t there’. I answered that I hoped that she were somewhere in the apartment and that they were going to find her. This said, I saw the gentlemen that later I came to know as being Madeleine’s father running to the pool and the children’s playground near by looking as if he was looking for something. It imediately occured to me, after the conversation with the old lady, that the little girl hadn’t been found. I offered myself to give the alert to the Millenium restaurant employees and the gentleman agreed. He then ran out again to go on searching. I believe this was between 21:30 and 22:00, but I am not sure.

I went back to meet Zé and Ricardo to tell them that I was going out to help with the searches of the missing child. I saw the Chef of the Millenium Restaurant at the Tapas and asked him to call the restaurant. I went out running and noticed that some babysitters from MW were starting to arrive. When I left Tapas I heard a woman’s scream that I will never forget. I don’t know who screamed, but I have never heard anything like it. I can’t even describe, but I believe it was the child’s mother. I went to the reception with one of the childminders whose name I don’t remember. One of the managers seemed to be coordinating the searches and told us that the name of the missing child was Madeleine. We were sent to the beach area, looked into all alleyways and called the child’s name but we never saw her. Later we came back to Tapas were John, MW Manager, was already. There were much more people know, may be around 40 including all the MW personnel. We were divided in groups and Ewan and Rob (both MW employees), my cousin Miguel and me, went in a MW mini van to search in na area of PdL that included a building area. Once more we saw no sign of the child, and after a phone call we came back to Tapas.

This time even more people had gathered there including residents of PdL. A man named Matt who owns a club there, seemed to be coordinating now. A great part of our group was sent to the beach and we walked all its extension hand in hand like a human rope, making a ‘search line’. We finally went back to Tapas around 04;00, when we were sent home.

I don’t know who called the police, but I met them first time around 23:00-23:30 that night.

Since Madeleine’s disappearance I’ve seen her picture in newspapers and television, but I can’t honestly say that I remember seeing her personally previous to her disappearance at the OC. There were countless children and I never payed much attention to any of them.

I stayed on at PdL until end of July 2007, when I came back to England.

This deposition was written by me and it is true according to my knowledge.

Last edited by maria on Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Our own copy of the DVD - Page 2 Empty Our Own Copy of DVD

Post by calcite51 Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:23 am

Thank you, Maria for the latest update. This confirms what many of us believed. This statement from this witness seems to be in accord with the statements given by Drs. Gerry and Kate McCann as well as the others who were at the table. Well done, Maria and thank you.
calcite51
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Post by sadie Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:01 am

Thanks very much Maria

What an effort all this translating must be for you. The last translation produced very satisfactory results, thanks to your efforts Maria. Wonder if this will bring anything up?

If Moddy or HB asked for it, I bet they have some good ideas about the statement in mind!

Come in you guys and share your thoughts please. I'm dying to hear them!

Your English is perfect, Maria. Have you lived in the UK?
sadie
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Our own copy of the DVD - Page 2 Empty HB

Post by maria Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:01 pm

I didn't read the complete Carpenter's report and therefore I didn't properly answer one of your questions, the one about the McCanns framing in some questions. There it is, on page 51:

4078 -- Ok. Do you agree that I ask you these questions now?

Answer -- Yes all right, these ones are from the Police?

4078 -- Yes, the way they wrorte them, I think they all are from te Portuguese Police.

Answer -- Okay.

4078 -- So, I think that there aren't any questions from Gerry and Kate that need to be asked, as I told you there have been other questionings where this was necessary.

Answer -- Oh.

So I think this corroborates the first 'impression' that is, no, Kate and Gerry did not ask any question to Carpenter.

Last edited by maria on Sat May 16, 2009 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Our own copy of the DVD - Page 2 Empty Drinking habits

Post by maria Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:49 pm

I made this translation because of the 'direction' of the questions posed by PJ. All questions in those rogatory letters were directed to investigate the parents and friends, not to shed any light on Madelein's disappearance. For instance, the questions for Salcedas were (original english rogatory letter, file 2 page 119):

. Being on evening duty that date, how did you become aware of the fateful event?
. Who alerted to the disappearing of Madeleine? How was that alert given?
. What time was the alert given?
. How did you act?
. Did you take part in the searches? With whom?
. Who decided to call the law enforcement authorities?
. After the alarm to the disappearing has been raised, did anyone remain at the table?
. Had you seen the missing child before? If yes, did she look normal to you, or did you notice any sort of inadequate behaviour for a child of her age?
. How would you describe the group of nine adults?
. How would you describe the group's drinking habits?
. Any other questions deemed useful, necessary or pertinent in view of the previous replies.

Also, I was shaken by the reference to that scream, I don't remember any other reference to it, may be I'm wrong.
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:17 pm

maria wrote:I made this translation because of the 'direction' of the questions posed by PJ. All questions in those rogatory letters were directed to investigate the parents and friends, not to shed any light on Madelein's disappearance. For instance, the questions for Salcedas were (original english rogatory letter, file 2 page 119):

. Being on evening duty that date, how did you become aware of the fateful event?
. Who alerted to the disappearing of Madeleine? How was that alert given?
. What time was the alert given?
. How did you act?
. Did you take part in the searches? With whom?
. Who decided to call the law enforcement authorities?
. After the alarm to the disappearing has been raised, did anyone remain at the table?
. Had you seen the missing child before? If yes, did she look normal to you, or did you notice any sort of inadequate behaviour for a child of her age?
. How would you describe the group of nine adults?
. How would you describe the group's drinking habits?
. Any other questions deemed useful, necessary or pertinent in view of the previous replies.

Also, I was shaken by the reference to that scream, I don't remember any other reference to it, may be I'm wrong.

It does seem that they the PJ were more interested in the Tapas group than where Madeleine could be........and who could have taken her.....
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:21 pm

maria wrote:Deposition of Jerónimo Tomás Rodrigues SALCEDAS, fitness trainer (Cartas Rogatórias, file 5, page 22 onwards)

I am the person mentioned above living at the address previously provided to the police. I am of Portuguese nationality and I am fluent with portuguese and spanish. I live in Great Britain with my parents since I was ten years old. Since I finished school I had several jobs but never identified myself with any of them.

I still have family in Portugal and the beginning of 2007 I was in England and unemployed. I contacted by email my cousin Miguel COLLEO (I’m not sure about the pronounciation of his surname), and he told me he was working in Algarve Portugal as a barman/waiter at the OC Resort, in PdL, Portugal. I allways liked the idea of working abroad and asked him if he could find a job for me. He answered me, and said he found me a job in the same area as his.

I travelled from Bristol airport to Faro, Portugal on the 26th of March 2007. From Faro I went directly to PdL on the same day and was lodged at a rented apartment with Miguel. Initially his girlfriend was also living with us, but before the end of April 2007 she returned to South Africa. The apartment was near the beach but I don’t remember the address.

I started as an OC employee on the 4th of April 2007, and my tasks included working at the bar and attending to the tables at the Tapas Bar. The shift was from 16:00h till midnight, five days a week and the two ‘resting days ‘[don’t know the correct expression for this] rotated from week to week. The other employees at the Tapas Bar on my shift were Ricardo, Zé and Tiago, all portuguese and with very low command of the english language. As a result, I was frequently asked to attend to english customers.

I remember being working at Tapas the evening that Madeleine disappeared. I also remember the group of adults who were holidaying with her, including her parents as they were customers at dinner at Tapas.

I used to see them occasionally during the day when I went to the complex for a dive in the swimming pool, or when they used to collect them at tea time close to the Tapas. Nothing in their behaviour called my attention as being unusual. They had dinner at the restaurant every night from Sunday until Thursday when Madeleine disappeared. They were nine adults in total, four couples and an older lady who was also with them. I allways found them polite and good clients, they related well between them, and everytime I served them they were nice and used to comment on the quality of food. It was a enjoyable and well disposed [good disposition, good spirits] group that used to laugh during the meals. There was a gentleman who was more noticeable because he used to talk a lot and tell jokes. I had no idea then, but later I realised that that person was the father of Madeleine McCann. Frequently, when I attended at their table I noticed that one or two elements of the group had left the room, but I had no idea where they might have gone. After watching the news on the media, I guess they were checking on their children. In some occasions I also saw some childminders [babysitters] at the table, but I never made any connection about that.

Which respects to the group’s alcohol consumption habits, it never looked excessive to me. Wine was included in the Tapas menu [meal], and the waiters used to be quite generous about it. The authorisation was about a bottle per person. As I can recall wine consumption at this table was around six bottles between the nine adults. I think that on the first or second evening they drunk a bit more, eight or nine bottles. I believe we also offered them a liquor as they were such good customers. The behaviour at the table did not change along the evening. At the most, may be the group joked a bit more but nobody seemed drunk.

In general they would leave Tapas between 23:30h and midnight, sometimes all together other times in small groups. The night they drunk more they left a bit later, may be around 00:30 – 01:00. I remember this detail because I was supposedly finishing my shift at midnight and I wanted to go home. They looked allways well when leaving and used to say good bye to the personnel.

The night Madeleine disappeared everything looked normal. I remember that I knew about the disappearance after I was at the restaurant talking to my colleagues, Zé and Ricardo, who were having a breake. I came back to the dining room and noticed that the table for nine was empty except for the older lady who was sitting there alone. I went to the table and made a joke: ’They abandoned you’. She answered more or less with these words: ‘No, they went to watch and the little girl wasn’t there’. I answered that I hoped that she were somewhere in the apartment and that they were going to find her. This said, I saw the gentlemen that later I came to know as being Madeleine’s father running to the pool and the children’s playground near by looking as if he was looking for something. It imediately occured to me, after the conversation with the old lady, that the little girl hadn’t been found. I offered myself to give the alert to the Millenium restaurant employees and the gentleman agreed. He then ran out again to go on searching. I believe this was between 21:30 and 22:00, but I am not sure.

I went back to meet Zé and Ricardo to tell them that I was going out to help with the searches of the missing child. I saw the Chef of the Millenium Restaurant at the Tapas and asked him to call the restaurant. I went out running and noticed that some babysitters from MW were starting to arrive. When I left Tapas I heard a woman’s scream that I will never forget. I don’t know who screamed, but I have never heard anything like it. I can’t even describe, but I believe it was the child’s mother. I went to the reception with one of the childminders whose name I don’t remember. One of the managers seemed to be coordinating the searches and told us that the name of the missing child was Madeleine. We were sent to the beach area, looked into all alleyways and called the child’s name but we never saw her. Later we came back to Tapas were John, MW Manager, was already. There were much more people know, may be around 40 including all the MW personnel. We were divided in groups and Ewan and Rob (both MW employees), my cousin Miguel and me, went in a MW mini van to search in na area of PdL that included a building area. Once more we saw no sign of the child, and after a phone call we came back to Tapas.

This time even more people had gathered there including residents of PdL. A man named Matt who owns a club there, seemed to be coordinating now. A great part of our group was sent to the beach and we walked all its extension hand in hand like a human rope, making a ‘search line’. We finally went back to Tapas around 04;00, when we were sent home.

I don’t know who called the police, but I met them first time around 23:00-23:30 that night.

Since Madeleine’s disappearance I’ve seen her picture in newspapers and television, but I can’t honestly say that I remember seeing her personally previous to her disappearance at the OC. There were countless children and I never payed much attention to any of them.

I stayed on at PdL until end of July 2007, when I came back to England.

This deposition was written by me and it is true according to my knowledge.
"
May be nothing........but the name Miguel COLLEO that word is very similar to something those psychics say on those "Haunting Evidence " videos.......They did mention a OC worker connection didn't they ? To add..just sat through those Videos (Please god they are wrong).......The word mentioned is Colgeo.(I originally connected it to a place not far from PDL,,,,,,,,.Colegio).It also says he worked for or around the OC... Dark blue workshirt...The vehicle......Dark Silver had a permit on the visor on the driver's side.....I wonder how we could find out how the OC vehicles were marked ?
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:08 pm

I sincerely believe there is a profound piece of info in the area surrounding where Madeleine disappeared. All this taking down posters and stuff like highliting xenophobia is designed to draw a wedge between the Portuguese and English to abet the person whoi really is involved with a crime here.

Back to top Go down

Our own copy of the DVD - Page 2 Empty Cats

Post by maria Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:30 pm

I believe the name should be COELHO. 'Colégio' means 'school, college'. Just a thought.
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:54 pm

maria wrote:I believe the name should be COELHO. 'Colégio' means 'school, college'. Just a thought.
Thanks Maria..there was a comment on PF2 about this person Jeronimo changing his statement...........
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Our own copy of the DVD - Page 2 Empty Cats

Post by maria Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:53 pm

I've quickly read the original statement (Processo, volume II, page 16 onwards) and I DID NOT see any substancial discrepancy. The answer to the rogatory letter is more detailed but in no way contradictory with the first statement. And the cousin's name is really Miguel COELHO. Will try to translate this statement later, will try...
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:55 pm

Thankyou Maria........... flower
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Our own copy of the DVD - Page 2 Empty Slacedas first deposition

Post by maria Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:20 am

Processo, volume II, page 16 onwards.

Date 2007/05/06
Name Jerónimo Tomás Rodrigues Salcedas
Born South Africa, 1983/04/23
Nationality Portuguese
Address Praia da Luz, Apartamentos Velhos (azuis) [Old Apartments, blue]
Called to the inquries said:
-- He is son of portuguese emmigrants living in England for the last fifteen years in Swindon near Bristol.--- His parents still fully live in England [??? don’t know better translation], active workers, his father working with the english consulate and his mother being an education assistant and old people domestic carer.--- As to his educational qualifications they are a professional course in hotel industry/tourism, being also allowed to develop playful activities with children as an animator [presenter], having executed this type of activity for nearly four years with groups of 3years old children (first year) and later groups from three to five years old (next years).--- After this type of work he moved to the car industry, having working for international company "Honda" for a very short period, three weeks, as he didn’t adapt to the type of work.--- After a period of unemployement in England, around three weeks, he decided to come to Portugal to work in the tourism area, having contacted a cousin who works in Algarve, Miguel Coelho, more precisely at Luz Ocean Club, as a Chef, having this one been able to find him immediately a position as a Barman. --- So, he started working at the club on the second of April. --- Asked about the reason which made him change areas (children, cars), he answered that he did because he had reached a saturation point, simply.--- He refers that it has always been like that since he started working, he never stays in the same line of work for long.--- Still, when asked, he answers that the bottom line of working with children was a positive one. In that job, he never had any type of problem.--- He remembers the name of the company where he used to work as being SIXPENNY in Swindon.--- When asked, he refers that he is currently living with his cousin, Miguel Coelho, 22 years old, at an apartment in Luz near the beach. --- The inquired earns around €550,00 monthly plus bonuses.--- He pays a monthly rent of €350,00 plus domestic expenses, amount that he shares equally with his cousin. --- Currently and for three or four weeks he has been assigned the evening shift , between 16:00 and 24:00. He may eventually exchange shifts [with a colleague], and when this happens he works from 09:00 to 17:30.--- Asked if he has been following the subject related to Madeleine’s disappearance, he answers yes, as it is a very delicate subject and everybody talks about it from the day of her disappearance.---Although he already saw many pictures of her, he wants to reinforce that he cannot assure having seen her at anytime as well as her two twin siblings that he knows now that she has.--- The specifics of his duties do not allow him much time to watch the children running around, although as he said before, he had previously worked with four year old children age close to Madeleine’s. --- Asked, he refers that during the day there are many children running around the restaurant (Tapas), as in the vicinity there is a small playground near the pool.--- That number diminishes significantly in the evening, as also there are less people dining at the restaurant, 20/30 meals.--- With relation to the group where the family of Madeleine were included, he remembers there were nine persons, but doesn’t know how many children there were as they never brought them to dinner. --- He seems to remember that that group entered the Club last 28th of April (Saturday), day during which the Tapas Restaurant does not serve dinner as it closes at 19:00. --- Following that reasoning, he thinks that the group had dinner at ‘Tapas’, for the first time, on Sunday (29/07/2007). --- He doesn’t know if they used to have lunch there as he was not on duty at that time of day. --- From the whole group, Madeleine’s father was undoubtedly the most notorious, as he talked a lot and was a kind, easy going [not sure of this expression, easy to communicate with]. --- In that aspect, the whole group was nicely convivial. --- They arrived for dinner after appointment, that they used to make at the reception, he remembers that this appointments were always made for 20:30 or 21:00. --- These appointments should be made on the same day until 16:00, being that it was mandatory the information on the apartment, as well as the number of people on that appointment. --- He refers that the arrival of the people in the group was in different moments but there were never big delays. --- When asked, he refers that they used to stay at the restaurant until 23:30-24:00 being that some members could eventually retire a bit earlier, around 23:00. --- They were people that showed themselves happy with the food quality right from the beginning, drinking between the nine adults, 8 bottles of wine, (four white and four red), which is considered as normal consumption for that number of people. --- They didn’t use to have coffe and as for digestifs they took them in moderate way and only once on 02/05/2007. --- He noticed, as it was very apparent, that members of the group used to go out of the restaurant in a timely manner to do something, which he understood with time to be the children ‘checking’. --- Still, he was convinced that the children were at a specific space at the Luz Ocean Club, under the supervision of a company called Mark Warner, associated to the Club. --- That company ensures that there are children activities until 18:00, however if a request is made, that period can go into the evening, working between 20:00 and 22:00, subject to an extra fee. --- Now in relation to the 03/05/2007, the day Madeleine disappeared, he refers he was on duty. --- At a given point, maybe 22:20-22:30 he noticed that at the group table there was only one person, the eldest, having the inquired as a joke asked her if they had abandoned her. --- The person in question refered that they were all gone to the apartment where a child had disappeared. --- Few seconds later Madeleine’s father showed up, very worried, looking everywhere for his daughter, obviously and immediately more concerned with the pool and surrounding areas. --- Some time later a real uproar took place. --- Everybody wanted to help searching for Madeleine, multiplying themselves in various search action on enlarged perimeters. --- The inquired understood immeditely the seriousness of the situation. Madeleine’s mother shouted desperately for her daughter. --- The inquired transmitted the facts to the chef of another closeby club, the ‘Millenium’ so that they could also help in the search for the little girl. --- He joined a team, with one of MW’s employees, more precisely Leanne, of english origin, with whom he looked for the little girl until approximately 05:00. He remembers that that night [early morning] there were 50 or 60 people cooperating with the searches, which covered all the access to the club, surroundings, Luz village itself, the beach area, among other places. --- The result was null. Madeleine wasn’t found, situation that remains to the day.--- Taking in consideration the previous job of the inquired and appealling to his sensibility to the work with children this age, the inquired refered that never occured a situation to him or even third people that could alert him to a situation that could occur the way it is now known. --- Even forcing his memory, nothing else comes to mind as important to refer to help the actions underway to locate little Madeleine. --- When asked, he refers that he works at the Luz Ocean Club and has no idea if there are burglaries in the apartments or villas. --- And he said nothing else. Read the deposition, which he found correct, he ratifies and is going to sign, as well as me the Inspector who wrote it.---

Last edited by maria on Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down