Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hypocrisy Of Tony Bennett

4 posters

Go down

Hypocrisy Of Tony Bennett Empty Hypocrisy Of Tony Bennett

Post by Rosie Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:39 am

Anyone see the news about Stuart Lubbock? Regarding the blunders the police made? ie They did not seal the scene off properly and vital evidence had gone missing etc? Where have we all heard that before?

My point is this, Tony Bennett was heavily involved with Stuart's father and this case, how come Tony Bennett has such a dim view of the police in this case, while he fawns at the feet of Goncalo Amaral and treats him like some kind of God? When Goncalo Amaral made all the mistakes the British police made in the Lubbock case and many many more besides?

Doesn't this smack of double standards and hypocrisy on the side of Tony Bennett?
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Hypocrisy Of Tony Bennett Empty Re: Hypocrisy Of Tony Bennett

Post by dianeh Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:31 pm

I was wondering the same thing.

I also read the Mirror article, and Mr Lubbock makes no mention of Bennett. Are they no longer working together on this?

Another strange thing, is that on Anorak

http://www.anorak.co.uk/madeleine-mccann/202693.html

, the author is quoting from the Mirror article and then goes onto say this

Terry Lubbock believes his son was murdered.
And now for the coup de grace:

Comparisons are now being made between Essex Police’s handling of the Lubbock case with the Portuguese police’s handling of the Madeleine McCann investigation.
By whom? The Mail? We are not told.

Now I have read the Mirror article, and it doesnt say this. It is completely unclear as to where this quote comes from, as Anorak dont say, they infact ask the same question, who? If we compare the two cases, the only thing they have in common is police incompetence (or possible corruption) and Tony Bennett on the sidelines causing problems.

Here is the link to the Mirror article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1153686/Stuart-Lubbocks-father-Police-let-sons-killer-cheat-justice-Barrymore-drugs-party.html

By the way, I have had concerns that Stuart Lubbock was murdered ever since I first read about this. And I think that the police have not acted appropriately. But why try to link this with the McCann case. And this link doesnt seem to be made by Mr Lubbock. So where did Anroak get the linking of the two cases?

And lastly, what this comparison does show is that an investigation has been undertaken into the failure of the case, and it shows the police didnt do their job properly. Now, officers have been cautioned but no official action taken (it has gone to the IPCC). It is not being swept under the carpet, or smoke screens put up, leaks, smear etc. And Mr Lubbock doenst have to stop there, he can go to his MP, and aks for sanctions to be taken against the officers concerned, and seek to find out why it wasnt done etc etc. And once again it wont be swept under the carpet.

Now lets compare this with Portugal, who has officers who followed no proper procedures, are under criminal charges for other cases, and were still employed, made ridiculous allegations etc etc. And no formal disciplinary action was taken. There has been no mention of any caution being given by the superiors. It is like their failure to perform their duties properly doesnt matter. Not even enough to warrant an investigation.

Not really similar. But why the comparison????
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:02 pm

The Essex police personally apologised to Mr Lubbock and none of the officers have written a book about the case.

Back to top Go down

Hypocrisy Of Tony Bennett Empty Mod and Diane

Post by Rosie Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:09 pm

The only comparisons I can see in this case to that of Madeleine McCann, are police incompetence and possible corruption/turning a blind eye when they thought it was a straight forward drink/drug/drowning accident and the obvious common denominator 'Tony Bennett'.
Without a shadow of a doubt serious police mistakes were made in the vital part of this investigation, they have admitted this and because of this, I believe disciplinary action should follow. It would be really hypocritical to point out the failings by certain people in the Madeleine investigation, while just accepting them here, in any case, this is not how we do things here in this country. I believe that our police force is one of the best in the world, but we will lose that reputation if we stop chasing down incompetence and corruption when it occurs. Apologising to Terry Lubbock must be very cold comfort for him, his son's murderer is still free and from the sound of it, his murder was horrific, I cannot believe how terrible for him and his family this has been. I think Mr Lubbock has shown such courage in not shying away from bringing this case out in the public domain, it cannot have been easy for him and my heart goes out to him. He is not done yet and as Diane has said, there are certain avenues open to him.

The hypocrisy for me is that Tony Bennett has sucked up to Goncalo Amaral at every opportunity, Tony Bennett has used Amaral's book to quote absurd and often bizarre unsubstantiated comments about Madeleine's parents. To the best of my knowledge, Bennett has never once criticised the appalling blunders, or asked if there could have been corruption in this investigation. Tony Bennett has never once criticised the blatant character assassination of Madeleine's parents, the serious leaks of highly classified witness statements and details to a journalist friend of his, one Felicia Cabrita and he has never once to my knowledge criticised the leaks emanating from the policia judiciaria. The blunders made by Goncalo Amaral and his team, far outweigh those of the Stuart Lubbock investigation and like Stuart's murderer, Madeleine's abductor/abductors are still free.
Yet, Tony Bennett zoomed in on the Lubbock case and highlighted police failings, while ignoring them in the Madeleine investigation. I wonder if the McCanns were not so high profile and did not have the legal help they had and were not highly motivated, highly intelligent capable people, would he have zoomed in on them offering his help?

Two things

• The UK does not sweep things like this under the carpet and when allegations are made, something is actually done about it.
  • We are not blinded by our police and neither are we afraid to challenge them, or to apply pressure when we think that something is wrong - unlike the situation in Portugal.
  • Perhaps people in Portugal will now understand that when we are criticising their police, we are not criticising the Portuguese people, simply because they are Portuguese.
  • We are used to complaining about our police and we are used to expecting a very high standard from them and if we see situations like this, then we will complain about then, until something is done!

Diane, I think that Tony Bennett and Terry Lubbock fell out over issues concerning the book that Tony Bennett wrote about the Lubbock affair. Terry Lubbock, decided he no longer required the services of Tony Bennett, something about Tony Bennett being unable to represent him in court!

As for Anorak, maybe they have simply made the connection in the way I have and it is no more than this?

In the end I hope this starts a debate about male rape. Male rape must never, ever be swept under the carpet, the victims of male rape must feel confident in coming forward, if it is hard for females to report a rape, how difficult must it be for males to come forward and report it?
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:27 pm

I remember, when it was revealed that Stuart Lubbock had suffered terrible & extreme injuries to the anus, I had thought this young man had been gang-raped & tortured .. I had expected all the men present at this debauched party to have been DNA'd .. but were they? And were the Essex police too starstruck with Barrymore to pursue enquiries as fiercely as they should have ? I admit I know little about this case, but my impression at the time was disbelief that the culprits appeared to have easily got away with murder. A cover-up via connections is a realistic suspicion & nothing less than genuine re-investigation will clear that.

It is a mystery to me why TB aligned himself to this example of clear Police Incompetence Or worse; & yet is attacking the McCann's who are also victims of Police Incompetence And worse. Is he just an attention seeker without any qualms about how he gets it.

Marilyn
Master
Master

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:04 pm

Marilyn Switzerland wrote:I remember, when it was revealed that Stuart Lubbock had suffered terrible & extreme injuries to the anus, I had thought this young man had been gang-raped & tortured .. I had expected all the men present at this debauched party to have been DNA'd .. but were they? And were the Essex police too starstruck with Barrymore to pursue enquiries as fiercely as they should have ? I admit I know little about this case, but my impression at the time was disbelief that the culprits appeared to have easily got away with murder. A cover-up via connections is a realistic suspicion & nothing less than genuine re-investigation will clear that.

It is a mystery to me why TB aligned himself to this example of clear Police Incompetence Or worse; & yet is attacking the McCann's who are also victims of Police Incompetence And worse. Is he just an attention seeker without any qualms about how he gets it.
I agree with all the above posts.....and I think your last sentence Marilyn explains it imo..........
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down