Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evening Standard Apology

+2
Pedro Silva
vee8
6 posters

Go down

Evening Standard Apology Empty Evening Standard Apology

Post by Guest Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:24 am

Firstly thanks to Holleysmum for posting this on Profenceanti where I first saw it.

Kate and Gerry McCann

14.01.09 As readers will recall, since Madeleine McCann's abduction in May 2007, The Evening Standard has covered the story extensively and reported developments in the police investigation and search for Madeleine.

During the last few months of 2007 we, along with much of the media, published a number of articles which may have been understood to suggest that Kate and Gerry McCann may have been involved in Madeleine's disappearance. We regret this and wish to make clear, for the avoidance of any doubt, that we fully accept that there is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that Kate and Gerry were involved in the disappearance of their daughter.

We continue to support Kate and Gerry in their search for Madeleine. There is no evidence that Madeleine has come to any harm and clearly there are people out there who know where she is.

Therefore we are today calling on Evening Standard readers to redouble their efforts to find Madeleine. We have now made a very substantial donation to assist with the search and are continuing to run adverts in the foreign editions of our sister paper, the Daily Mail, asking for information which might lead to Madeleine being found.

We wish Kate and Gerry all the best and will continue to work with them to help find their daughter

Back to top Go down

Evening Standard Apology Empty Re: Evening Standard Apology

Post by vee8 Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:47 am

That's great! It takes a big man to appologise, especially when there was no threat of legal action. I hope the anti's read this, and choke in their cornflakes.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:21 am

Just to say: Well done Evening Standard.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:50 am

Respect to the Evening Standard. Better late than never!
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by sadie Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:54 am

I agree. Respect to the Evening Standard

sadie
sadie
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:59 am

We continue to support Kate and Gerry in their search for Madeleine. There is no evidence that Madeleine has come to any harm and clearly there are people out there who know where she is.

Fantastic news! I especially am interested in the above bit! This along with Gerry's return to Portugal, is something moving behind the scenes? I am too afraid to hope.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Evening Standard Apology Empty Evening Standard Apology

Post by Guest Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:25 pm

Rosiepops wrote:

Fantastic news! I especially am interested in the above bit! This along with Gerry's return to Portugal, is something moving behind the scenes? I am too afraid to hope.

I truly believe something big is moving behind the scenes. Not due to the PJ I hasten to add. But something has come to light...and I think the Evening Standard know about it. And this is why Gerry needed to talk with his Portuguese lawyers...and why he states it is the first of several trips to Portugal. I think this case may be moving forward at last.

Back to top Go down

Evening Standard Apology Empty ROSIE & MUMSIE

Post by Royal Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:58 pm

I have been away for a week and so am a little behind with the news, but I shall soon catch up once I have read all the recent entries. Regarding the Evening Standards apology, I agree it is good to know the Evening Standard together with its sister paper the Mail are helping in the search for Madeleine although I also suspect that they, along with other newspapers are more than a little concerned over any posible future legal actions still pending. However, I must say it is pleasing to note they have accepted and have apologised for their past errors. I am also curious if as you have both stated, Gerry is returning to Portugal although I think it unlikely to be good news concerning the whereabouts of Madeleine but possibly to do with legal matters concerning Portuguese newspapers or whatever. I hope I am mistaken and that something new and very important has come to light about Madeleine's abduction.
Alroy.

Royal
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down