Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

murat meets brian kennedy???

4 posters

Go down

murat meets brian kennedy??? Empty murat meets brian kennedy???

Post by clairesy Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:33 am

Last night, it was revealed the McCanns' financial backer, tycoon Brian Kennedy, had met Robert Murat, the first suspect in the case.

The meeting took place at Mr Murat's aunt's house in the Algarve last year.

Mr Murat's lawyer, Francisco Pagarete, said: 'We had a very pleasant dinner with Mr Kennedy.

"He came here to give his support to Robert and to say he doesn't believe Robert was involved in this story in any way.

"And he asked if Robert could help the investigation for the finding of Madeleine."

It is understood the meeting in November was also attended by Mr Kennedy's lawyer, Edward Smethurst, who is co-ordinating the McCanns' legal affairs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-563826/Madeleine-One-year-Portuguese-police-ashamed-says-attorney-general.html
+++++++++++++++++++++++

you can find the pasted report right at the bottom of the link.

I didn't know they had met?? Thats odd...kate as always said she is not convinced he is innocent of any doing wrong in the abduction.Wounder how she felt about that?

Bit of an odd thing to do.Surly the secrecy laws wouldn't allow such a meeting..

what on earth is going on with this case????

Why would Kennedy want to go and have lunch with murat?? Did he honestly believe murat was going to jump to his questions.He is an arguido...not allowed to talk......... yet kennedy wants him to talk and help????
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

murat meets brian kennedy??? Empty claire

Post by maria Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:33 pm

In maccannfiles you find this

'Visit to Robert Murat, 04 May 2008
'Pray like mad,' begs tearful Kate McCann Timesonline

Steven Swinford
May 4, 2008

Excerpt:

Brian Kennedy, the home improvements tycoon backing the McCanns, admitted yesterday that he flew to Portugal last November and spent an evening with Robert Murat, apart from the McCanns the only other official suspect. A source close to Kennedy said he was "gathering information".

Kennedy's lawyer, Ed Smethurst, approached Murat through a mutual friend and said that Kennedy wanted to offer him a job.

But the job offer never transpired. Kennedy spent the evening with Murat and his lawyers at his aunt's house in Praia da Luz, discussing Madeleine's disappearance.

He left with a "flea in his ear" after being confronted over reports that Metodo 3, the McCanns' private investigators, had suspicions about Murat.'

And now BK's lawyer and Murat have mutual friends?
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

murat meets brian kennedy??? Empty Re: murat meets brian kennedy???

Post by clairesy Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:02 am

Hi maria....something isn't sitting comfortable with that story for me.I don't like it.
If someone I had trusted to help me with something personal (as the mccanns have done with kennedy)was to befriend and chat over dinner to someone suspected of causing me the grief then I would not be happy.I would feel betrayed to say the very least.

Whats this job he wanted to offer to Murat??? I bet the entire conversation that took place as probably not be revealed. I would love to have been a fly on the wall.

I bet I would have been left gobsmacked??

This case is going to surprise a lot of people mark my words. ;) ;)
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:55 am

maria wrote:In maccannfiles you find this

'Visit to Robert Murat, 04 May 2008
'Pray like mad,' begs tearful Kate McCann Timesonline

Steven Swinford
May 4, 2008

Excerpt:

Brian Kennedy, the home improvements tycoon backing the McCanns, admitted yesterday that he flew to Portugal last November and spent an evening with Robert Murat, apart from the McCanns the only other official suspect. A source close to Kennedy said he was "gathering information".

Kennedy's lawyer, Ed Smethurst, approached Murat through a mutual friend and said that Kennedy wanted to offer him a job.

But the job offer never transpired. Kennedy spent the evening with Murat and his lawyers at his aunt's house in Praia da Luz, discussing Madeleine's disappearance.

He left with a "flea in his ear" after being confronted over reports that Metodo 3, the McCanns' private investigators, had suspicions about Murat.'

And now BK's lawyer and Murat have mutual friends?

Hi Maria, that is very interesting if true don't you think?

Kennedy spent the evening with Murat and his lawyers at his aunt's house in Praia da Luz, discussing Madeleine's disappearance.

Wasn't Murat still an Arguido at this time? smellarat
Wasn't he still under the Portuguese "Secrecy Law" and forbidden to speak about the case?. Looks like another barrow full of s**t coming from "A LEAK". I smell another LardyBoy moment.

Ididn'tdoit Not long now Gonc waiting
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

murat meets brian kennedy??? Empty Aother Heap of Do Do

Post by Rosie Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:48 am

Look at the contradictions here.

Mr Murat's lawyer, Francisco Pagarete, said: 'We had a very pleasant dinner with Mr Kennedy.

"He came here to give his support to Robert and to say he doesn't believe Robert was involved in this story in any way.

And then from the McCannfiles

So which was it then? A pleasant evening or a flea in the ear?

How abut he went there under the proviso of offering a job to Murat to shut the PJ up about the secrecy laws, when really he wanted to see if Murat knew anything at all about Madeleine or those that abducted her?

This is an old story who brought it out again now?

If it was a leak then I suspect it is something to do with this;

Ididn'tdoit Ididn'tdoit Ididn'tdoit Ididn'tdoit Ididn'tdoit
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:02 am

Chris and Claire

I'm not happy either. Each piece of news we cite comes in different dates from different papers. Still, they seem to refer the same 'meeting' although with slightly different objectives and understandings. Somehow, I don't smell Gonc, but it certainly smells fishy...

The job offer looks like the bait to me. And again this is another thing that puzzles me: how and why would Murat think BK would have a job for him?
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:05 am

Rosie

You were faster than me! And I see we do not totally agree... To me, the differences come only from who gives the news, Pagarete couldn't say anything but that, being Murat subjected to secrecy laws...
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:23 am

In Times-link there was this too:

christabel wrote:

I must say this disturbs me. So he really wanted to offer job for Murat? And that is in both link. I don't think he is neutral.

On other forum someone said Brian Kennedy seems to control too much investigation, i wonder if it's true, but I have had a same feeling.

I hope around Madeleine's parents there is people who really want to help them. 15 months and nothing has happened and how much these Metodo3's and others have charged fund's money? There must be much better private detectives in the world, who take less money.

Back to top Go down

murat meets brian kennedy??? Empty Hi Maria and Minnea

Post by Rosie Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:32 am

It is just another one of those things where we are never going to know exactly why and what for. It always seemed a little odd to me him going there to talk to Murat. I suppose if they thought he may actually know who was involved it was worth a long shot. (Not saying that Murat was by the way) Let's face it in a situation like this I suppose you would try anything. confused

I think that way that Brian Kennedy has actually helped out the McCann's with plenty of his hard cash is admirable. I do not think he controls the investigation, he is paying out and he is in a situation from the outside and will look to see what these people are doing and how they are spending his money. It is easier for him not being directly involved with Madeleine then it would be for her parents who are controlled by their emotions.

This will probably turn out to be another one of those stories put out to distract from the real story.

I am wondering if this was just mentioned again, or if there was a fresh report about it now? confused
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:17 am

Personally I don't like kennedy.......his contacts........ nor the way he runs the investigation...money talks............. and he seems to be doing far too much of it.
Calling the shots left right and bl##dy center. I only hope the mccanns know what they are doing.

Sometimes when someone is desperate like the mccanns and in need of support the way they are, they place their trust in people who are not always the friends they seem to be.

The mccanns didnt go to kennedy...he went to them. So did Clarence.
Clarence' salary is payed by kennedy...£75,000 a year. He gave up his job to help them because their story touched his heart. Big risk for two very professional guys hey....what if the mccanns were guilty??...wounder what they what they would do when their lively hoods went down the pan for supporting two bad people(not that they are) just saying.

Sometimes a person can rise another persons suspicions the same way murat did ...he hung about too much trying to help to.....making people wonder what his real intentions were.Im not implying anything but i will say one thing....I have certain opinions on certain people that I cant let go of. Im not saying all people are bad that try to help another out ...far from that. Helping others is a great way of showing them support...i do it myself we all do.

But I sometimes wonder why Madeleine's plight was such a heart breaker for certain people.....why Sarah Paynes mum didn't get the multi millionaire's running to her aid....why other missing children have not pulled the heart strings of people like Clarence?? At this point in time we can blame the media and the incredible fight the mccanns have put up for madeleine return for everyone becoming touched by this case................BUT...right back in day 1 and the following few weeks or months....what was soo different to madeleine plight and that of Sarah Payne or all the other missing children across the country??Sarah's mum also fought fr a sarahs law n this country she didn't stop fighting for justice for her darling daughter either.

This case is not a normal case, there is a missing link here and when its found I think we will all be shocked to hell.
And to be honest with you I would like to see a whole new group of people running this case and calling the shots.....not Kennedy..not Clarence.
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

murat meets brian kennedy??? Empty Hi Clairesy

Post by Rosie Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:04 am

I realise that some have certain opinions on Kennedy and Mitchell. I wondered in the outset why such a big fuss was made for one child when others go virtually unmentioned, but then Shanon went missing and the press to their credit did keep the pressure up and did keep reporting this.

But the difference between Madeline and Shanon, one went missing in England the other in Portugal, Shanon and her parents received all the help possible immediately, while Kate and Gerry had to mount their own search for their daughter. Karen Matthews was given a police liaison family support officer to help them, while the McCanns were left alone to manage everything on their own.
Karen Matthews from the offset when she reported Shanon missing, was told what was happening and what was going to happen and when it was going to happen. The McCanns were left struggling on their own so they had to be given help, also the difference the world's media was camped out in PDL and they were getting plagued with press, TV journalists after them, this story got huge very quickly so someone who knew their way around the media was required and Clarence Mitchell did actually have a history of working on these cases. He had to leave his job when it became clear that there would be a conflict of interests and he done the right thing.

It seems often that guns are turned on those trying to help and I just winder why this is sometimes. I expect that Kate and Gerry know what they are doing, they are not silly people. But they would not have been able to pay for everything out of the fund and Kennedy has, he did not have to and really we only have press reports to tell us that he is behaving like this, we do not actually know.
I am just pleased that there are those willing to go the extra mile, the length of time this has gone on for, i don't think Kate and Gerry would have been able to cope so well without all those around them giving their time and support.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

murat meets brian kennedy??? Empty Hi Clairesy

Post by Guest Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:55 am

We do not actually know Brian Kennedy or Clarence Mitchell....so we cannot judge them. I actually believe that Clarence is doing a good job...all things considered. As for Brian Kennedy...he is a self made man. I prefer to think he is putting his money where his heart tells him. Without these two people...the McCann's would be floundering. They need the backing to carry on...especially as we know they are limited in what they can use the fund for.
I am just very thankful they have the help and support of these two powerful men.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down