Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paulo Reis & His Change of Heart

4 posters

Go down

Paulo Reis & His Change of Heart Empty Paulo Reis & His Change of Heart

Post by dianeh Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:37 pm

I read this on the ForMadeleine forum, and wondered what everyone else thought.

EWE2 wrote:I believed Mr Reis when he said.

Tuesday, 26 June 2007
Quote:My opinion about Gerry and Kate McCann
"I don’t believe, as a journalist, that the McCanns are, in any way, related with the abduction of Madeleine. I’ve been following this case, not only in the Web – I was also at Praia da Luz, for one week (May 17 to May 23). For the last two months, I also have followed the news on the Net very carefully and closely.

So, based on all the information I collected, either during my stay in Praia da Luz or in the Net, as a journalist, I CAN’T SEE THE SLIGHTEST EVIDENCE THAT GERRY AND KATE HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH HER DAUGTHER DISAPEARENCE.

And I AM ABSOLUTELY SURE, WITH THE INFORMATION I HAVE, NOW, THAT THERE IS NOTHING THE MCCAN CAN BE ACCUSED OF, FROM A LEGAL OR CRIMINAL POINT OF VIEW. I may be wrong, but I STRONGLY BELIEVE THE CHANCE OF BEING WRONG IS VERY SMALL: 0,1 per cent, as I'm 99, 9 per cent sure of what I say.

As a human being, a common man, father of two boys (one, 22 years old, the other 11) let me tell you this: I was at an arm’s distance from the McCanns, when they gave a Press Conference at Praia da Luz. I looked into the eyes of Kate McCann and I saw so much pain and suffering that I had to take a deep breath to control myself, to avoid tears coming to my eyes and not let emotion overcome me! I was schocked to see so much pain in her eyes and in her look! That's someting that only people that has kids can understand and feel! "
Publicada por Paulo Reis em

http://gazetadigitalmadeleineandthemedi ... ccann.html

So it seems that in the early days, Paulo Reis believed the McCanns to be innocent.

And then he changes his mind and becomes a funnel for the many smears and leaks from the PJ, and now his unwavering support of the Fat Turd's book.

Me thinks that if we knew the reason for the change, we might find a few useful answers. This is perhaps an avenue that the McCanns detectives need to investigate. But as soon as they do, they will be accused of intimidation etc.

Why did he change his mind? He didnt just wake up one morning and decide that the McCanns are just actors and were guilty. What happened?
smellarat

Last edited by dianeh on Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling errors)
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Paulo Reis & His Change of Heart Empty Re: Paulo Reis & His Change of Heart

Post by helenm Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:31 pm

Hi Diane,

Not sure why Paulo Reis had a change of heart, but I wouldn't mind betting money on pride, pure and simple. Pride in his country which has come in for wave after wave of criticism, (rightly so in most cases IMO). It was early on in the investigation of missing Madeleine that the smear campaign against the McCanns reared its ugly head, with one of the first being that Gerry McCann was not the biological father of Madeleine, and this was in retaliation, by Portuguese journalists, against the British media who had openly criticised the actions of the Portuguese police. This was openly admitted by the Portuguese Journalists. If there is only one thing I have learned since I have been living in Portugal and that is the fierce, sometimes blinkered PRIDE that the Portuguese people have for their country.
helenm
helenm
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:19 pm

Helen

I'm still trying to digest your definition of the proud people we are. It is very dificult for me to accept that pride can justify falsehood. I've seen falsehood far too many times as response to many different situations. I've seen far too many different responses to criticism. Very rarely is criticism accepted when reasonable or rationally debated when unfair.

The only thing we are proud of is the past, the weather and the sea. We live on beaches enjoying the sun in a corner of the past. What you call 'fierce pride for our country' is nothing else than blinkered arrogance.

I'm risking to be considered a cold blooded traitor (or ex-patriot...) by yet another group of people... Well, I'm not. I really am PROUD of my Country, my People and my History. I see Paulo Reis, the opportunistic media and easymoney makers as the scumbags of any society. It is true that they have the power to create or distort the public opinion, it is true Portuguese are a somewhat naive and even humble People, still largely illiterate, but certainly not intrisicly dishonest or revengeful.

As scumbags, they cannot, must not be taken as representative of anything but themselves.
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:55 pm

Diane

Do you know something? I would like to be courageous enough to subscribe gazetadigital and send that article as a comment/question to the guy.

Another thing that can be done is to write to their sponsors asking them why are they sponsoring a site/blog who systematically presents rude/negative articles and comments including to a country where they have business interests classifying this same country as 'a paedophile haven' for instance, and involving a second country where they also have interests. Might work. Don't see Honda or Ikea feeling happy about that. Without forgetting to identify the offender of course.

Last edited by maria on Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by honestbroker Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:27 pm

A piece in Reis's blog (I don't know whether written by him) made a still worse howler with the UK wonder-dog duo than me, earlier, on this forum.

The article chided The Daily Telegraph for dissing the abilities of cadaver dog, Keela, yes, Keela. To make matters worse (for Gazeta Digital) not only was The Telegraph article not about Keela, neither, particularly, was it about Eddie.

Priceless.

honestbroker
Apprentice's Assistant
Apprentice's Assistant

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by honestbroker Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:41 pm

Here is the article, in fact:

“Kate and Gerry McCann's legal team has contacted American lawyers over a case where key sniffer dog evidence was thrown out of court in the hope that it may help them fight any charges that they were involved in the killing of their daughter; according to today's edition of The Thelegraph. Angus McBride and Michael Caplan “consulted the legal team of Eugene Zapata, 68, who is accused of murdering his estranged wife Jeanette in 1976. But a judge ruled last month that the evidence was no more reliable than "the flip of a coin" and could not be put before a jury” writes The Telegraph, quoting the judge's decision. The sniffer dogs brought to Praia da Luz by a South Yorkshire police special team, Eddie and Keela, are considered the best and only ones with the capacity to detect the scent of a corpse or blood even months after incidents happened.

“Keela could be described as ‘top dog’ in her field of expertise. The trained Crime Scene Investigation (CSI) dog has skills like no other and it has left forces worldwide hankering after an insight into her special training”, according to South Yorkshire police. The Springer Spaniel “can sniff out the smallest samples of human blood - even after items have been cleaned or washed many times”, according to the Daily Mail. And Keela earns more than her Chief Constable, something that doesn't bother Mr. Meredydd Hughes, according to The Times. “PC John Ellis, Keela's handler, said that “she can detect minute quantities of blood that cannot be seen with the human eye” and is able to “sniff out blood in clothes after they have been washed repeatedly in biological washing powder”, also according to The Times.

But John Barrett, a former Scotland Yard dog handler, contested the capacity of Keela. He told The Telegraph that the “trained dogs used in an attempt to detect a 'death smell' on Mrs McCann's Bible and clothes were brought in too long after Madeleine vanished”, because “the crucial scent lasts for no longer than a month,” he said.

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.com/2007/09/telegraph-evidence-obtained-by-south.html

I've read that article from The Telegraph and John Barrett was not talking about Keela at all; neither, particularly, about Eddie.

honestbroker
Apprentice's Assistant
Apprentice's Assistant

Back to top Go down

Paulo Reis & His Change of Heart Empty Maria

Post by dianeh Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:23 am

I agree with you. I dont think that Paulo Reis' change of heart has anything to do with an excessive pride in his country.

The same for Amoral. I think pride has played a large part in Amoral's actions but not pride in Portugal. More a misplaced self pride that equates to mistaken belief that he is always correct and arrogance.

I know that we here in Australia are very laid back about many things but national pride isnt one of them. And we are taking a pounding at the moment because Britain has more golds at the olympics. Who would have thought that could happen??? faint Actually I am very happy for Britain, looks like a lot of hard work has paid off. It is good for the athletes, at all levels in those sports, particularly the cycling. thumbsup2

But I dont know of one person who would go to the lengths that Paolo Reis and the other ridiculous press like the Courier du Manure have gone to, just for the sake of national pride. It is about money, and reputation. What better way to get national attention than to comment on a high profile case, giving the people the salacious details that they seem to want to hear, whether they are true or not.

But I do wonder if Reis changed his mind for some reason other than money. smellarat
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by honestbroker Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:17 pm

dianeh wrote:I agree with you. I dont think that Paulo Reis' change of heart has anything to do with an excessive pride in his country.

The same for Amoral. I think pride has played a large part in Amoral's actions but not pride in Portugal. More a misplaced self pride that equates to mistaken belief that he is always correct and arrogance.

I know that we here in Australia are very laid back about many things but national pride isnt one of them. And we are taking a pounding at the moment because Britain has more golds at the olympics. Who would have thought that could happen??? faint Actually I am very happy for Britain, looks like a lot of hard work has paid off. It is good for the athletes, at all levels in those sports, particularly the cycling. thumbsup2

But I dont know of one person who would go to the lengths that Paolo Reis and the other ridiculous press like the Courier du Manure have gone to, just for the sake of national pride. It is about money, and reputation. What better way to get national attention than to comment on a high profile case, giving the people the salacious details that they seem to want to hear, whether they are true or not.

But I do wonder if Reis changed his mind for some reason other than money. smellarat

A slightly off-topic comment, here, Diane. I wish I could be as magnanimous as you when it comes to us playing you at cricket. But I can't, I'm afraid. You will always be the Old Enemey where it comes to that sport.

honestbroker
Apprentice's Assistant
Apprentice's Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down