Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madeleine McCann's parents consider Crimewatch reconstruction

4 posters

Go down

Madeleine McCann's parents consider Crimewatch reconstruction Empty Madeleine McCann's parents consider Crimewatch reconstruction

Post by Mandz Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:31 am

Madeleine McCann's parents consider Crimewatch reconstruction
Kate and Gerry McCann are in talks with Crimewatch about staging a reconstruction of the night Madeleine disappeared after being given access to the police files.
By Caroline Gammell in Portimao
Last Updated: 8:44PM BST 06 Aug 2008

Portuguese police wanted to hold a re-run of events earlier this year, but the little girl's parents were reluctant to take part while they were still suspects in the case.

Now the official investigation has been shelved and their arguido status lifted, the McCanns are looking into the possibility of setting up their own reconstruction, filmed by the BBC.

The couple's spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: "We have had low level contact with Crimewatch ever since they wanted to do something with us last year. We are talking to them again.

"Kate and Gerry may well take part - it is certainly something that they would consider. Given that we have a lot of new information, it may be something that we revisit, but nothing is confirmed."

The McCanns and the seven friends dining with them on the night three-year-old Madeleine vanished from the family's apartment would all need to fly to the Algarve to take part.

According to the public prosecutors in the case - Jose de Magalhaes and Joao Melchior Gomes – the failure to hold a re-enactment had worked against the parents.

"It could have removed any doubts about the parents' innocence," they said.

I think this is a great thing if they decide to do it. People who were there will watch this and who knows it might come to something?
Mandz
Mandz
Apprentice's Assistant
Apprentice's Assistant

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann's parents consider Crimewatch reconstruction Empty I support this.

Post by dianeh Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:10 am

Just as I would have supported such a move in Portugal, if it were to be made public and not just used to try to incriminate the McCanns and Tapas 7. But didnt the report say that if the reconstruction was to be used to clear them, not incriminate them. You know that might have been true, because Rebelo is honest. But after everything that happened (and Rebelo ignoring Kate's letter), why would the McCanns risk it.

A televised reconstruction might get a few more people to come forward.

BUT, it does then need to be translated into other languages and broadcast throughout Europe, Northern Africa, North and South America, and probably Asia and Australia. Madeleine could be anywhere.

Last edited by dianeh on Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added last paragraph.)
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann's parents consider Crimewatch reconstruction Empty I Support This Too

Post by Rosie Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:30 pm

I did not think the proposed reconstruction proposed by Rebelo in Portugal was a good idea, I was always suspicious of their motives and I remain suspicious of their motives. After knowing what we now know, why on earth would the McCann's have trusted the PJ? I know I sure as hell wouldn't.

I just wonder if Portugal will grant permission for this to be filmed or if Mark Warner will. However, if they do not, it will be viewed as just the latest in a long line of obstruction against these parents tracing their child. I hope if the reconstruction is to be done that it is done quickly, ASAP. I know one person who will hoping that it is not done because if this produces any more leads from information that has already been passed to the PJ and not acted upon, it is going to look extremely bad.

Even if Portugal do not grant permission for this reconstruction, I cannot see why a reconstruction of sorts cannot be done here, it is not as if they haven't enough information to work on is it?
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann's parents consider Crimewatch reconstruction Empty Why not?

Post by maria Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:06 pm

Rosiepops wrote:
I just wonder if Portugal will grant permission for this to be filmed or if Mark Warner will. However, if they do not, it will be viewed as just the latest in a long line of obstruction against these parents tracing their child. I hope if the reconstruction is to be done that it is done quickly, ASAP. I know one person who will hoping that it is not done because if this produces any more leads from information that has already been passed to the PJ and not acted upon, it is going to look extremely bad.

Even if Portugal do not grant permission for this reconstruction, I cannot see why a reconstruction of sorts cannot be done here, it is not as if they haven't enough information to work on is it?

I honestly can't see why Portugal should be asked permission for a 'Crimewatch episode' to be taped in Luz. For MW or other private people that's ok could be seen if not requested in advance as privacy invasion. But the police ? Again ok if the streets/roads are to be closed police will be required to do that, but this is not any PJ business, it will be Civil Governor's (Faro, Lagos,...) and GNR's. And what arguments would they have against taping such a story? We have to bear in mind this is NOT an OFFICIAL investigation. This investigation is finished anyway and is no longer secret.

And of course, as Diane says, it should be aired for the whole world not only in the UK.

My views anyway.
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann's parents consider Crimewatch reconstruction Empty Hi Maria

Post by Rosie Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:04 am

I agree and hope you are right. The Crimewatch programme in the UK has been very successful, even in getting information on 'cold cases'.
Gerry and Kate had asked that Crimewatch be allowed to film a reconstruction shortly after Madeleine went missing, but as we all know this was denied.

I hope this happens Maria.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann's parents consider Crimewatch reconstruction Empty Re: Madeleine McCann's parents consider Crimewatch reconstruction

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down